Vote Count 04/10/1917.03Dr Pants: (1) Thor665
Majiffy: (1) farside22
Marcrell: (2) Anatole Kuragin, viking cat
Paschendale: (1) Dr Pants
Thor665: (1) CooLDoG
Shiryu: (3) Majiffy, Marcrell, Paschendale

Not Voting: Baezu, Messiah Complex, Why not, Shiryu

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-06 12:45:00)

Mod Notes:
None
Last edited by Belisarius on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

Pagetops are for losers.
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:36 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 89, Thor665 wrote:
Yup, my strategy is to look like a town leader by...doing what a town leader does.
Devilishly clever of me.

Well that and voting random people and being frantic as everything, yes.

Majiffys post of late have been extremely reactionary in nature. I'm going to keep my eye out on him later. He bassically is asking farside to attack him so he can generate content in this post:
In post 101, Majiffy wrote:
In post 100, farside22 wrote:Scum reading Marcrell,
majiffy
and pash.

Go on

In post 110, Anatole Kuragin wrote:

As CoOlDuDe pointed out, this looks like fishing for reads, and is scummier than whatever this philosophical meta/joke/mafiascum nostalgia debate is about.

Best spelling of my name yet. Also a good vote.
In post 113, viking cat wrote:
I like Cooldog even though he's going to ignore at least a few of my posts.

Hay it's not exclusive to you. I haven't read half of Thor or Mr. Pant's posts as of late because it is about inconsequential bullshit.
In post 114, farside22 wrote:I have to ask is there an ignore feature on ms I'm not seeing? I just felt the back and forth between maf and me was ignored.

NOt by me. I'm on your side of that argument. But, my vote stays on thor for now.
In post 119, Thor665 wrote:
In post 116, farside22 wrote:@thor: I'm not sure about pants currently to vote.

:neutral:

We're, like, one RL day into the game. I wasn't thinking the buy in for votes should be particularly a high hurdle at this stage.

yeah and how many wagons have you tried to start in this 24 hour period? And how many times have you said someone needs to be lynched? A lost. Thor wagon needs to happen. I want to see how he reacts under pressure. Also not likeing his passive aggressive defense of Marcell. Noted for later.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:37 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 123, Thor665 wrote:
In post 121, Why not wrote:

We're, like, one RL day into the game. I wasn't thinking the buy in for votes should be particularly a high hurdle at this stage.

you posed the drpants wagon as something really srs

It is really serious.
Do you not think it's serious?

from the post quested I get the impression that if this wagon goes nowhere he will no longer be scummy in your eyes, thor.
after a wank.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:38 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 117, Paschendale wrote:
In post 102, farside22 wrote:Which is over the top reaction to an rvs vote.
Rvs doesn't ever fucking last unless said player is lurking it up.

I like to get serious as soon as possible. If you truly believe that RVS votes are random, then any reaction to an RVS vote is over the top. Clearly I don't think that. I hope you don't either, because then the only way to get past it is to make a big deal out of nothing every single game. Instead, RVS ends with players taking RVS votes seriously and analyzing them.

In post 106, farside22 wrote:Shir scummy for over explaining but pasch isn't? No seriously either over explaining yourself is scummy or it's not.
Also why is lack of present meta even necessary? I sure as heck didn't read games or scum theories bs when I took time off mafia.

Do you not see the differences between our explanations? Shiryu tried to laugh off a vote and avoid taking responsibility for it. I disclosed my thoughts and justified a vote. Why do you think explaining is towny or scummy and not how, why, or what you explain?

@Anatole: What do you mean by "fishing for reads"? Shouldn't we all want reads from each other?

@Pants: So, pick a conclusion? Does my vote look more or less scummy to you? I assume your opening vote on me was just because lately we've been in so many games together, but that was before I even posted. You've said that my actions so far match my town meta, but you "didn't like" my vote. So which is it? And what the hell does this mean?

In post 95, Dr Pants wrote:plus, "unvote" is not scum. its mod confirmed.

Peedit: Farside, I don't think you understand the point that Majiffy was making with "exaggeration". He's not suggesting that I'm being dishonest. He's saying I'm reading too much into it.

Phone posting.
If my answers confuse you let me know.

I don't really know your play. You were 4th on a wagon that was built up.
Some take things seriously and majiffy said he was serious so I have to assume others are voting for the reasons they stated. Your reasoning is bad. Not just bad it's baseless.
You seem to think I'm calling you scum for having a reason to vote and that is false.
I'm finding it scummy to exaggerate.
You stated that his vote was to take responsibility of a lynch off of him. How is that possible with an rvs start?
I'd like an answer to that by the way.
After shir just strikes me as trying to figure things out. He's not town or scum but the wagon and push for it is more scummy the shir.

I'm going to disagree with your conclusion mostly because I felt differently reading the post.
Typically something like shir's post is more awkwardly scummy but some players that are green around the ears are not sure how to start rvs. He didn't come off as joking but more like I'm being cute.

As for majiffy he's come to a conclusion and pushed it. Yes I use your post as an example because majiffy had no issue with your exaggeration. Instead if explaining why he used a meta reference from a player not only still voting you but was brought up after the fact. I wanted to see how majiffy responded to a post that wasn't looking on the up and up to me.
His response leads me to concluded scum either buddying or protecting.
Scum either way.

So why are you still voting shir? Do you think his post is enough to lynches and call part of a scum team?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
viking cat
viking cat
Townie
viking cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:44 am

Post by viking cat »

In post 114, farside22 wrote:I have to ask is there an ignore feature on ms I'm not seeing? I just felt the back and forth between maf and me was ignored.

FTR: I expect better from majiffy to do better then vote and push for the shit reason he is doing. Never mind that his oppinion of pasch is before meta reasoning and he used that as an excuse to be fine with pasch exaggeration.

Majiffy hasn't done anything that strikes me as a paragon of towniness so far.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Majiffy »

Will you lynch Shir if I flip town, farside?

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:56 am

Post by Why not »

In post 123, Thor665 wrote:
In post 121, Why not wrote:

you posed the drpants wagon as something really srs

It is really serious.
Do you not think it's serious?

All I'm saying is that you've framed things to make people more critical of your wagon than's probably normal on, like, page 4.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:13 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 131, Majiffy wrote:Will you lynch Shir if I flip town, farside?

Do you have something other the rvs bs built on theory?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:16 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 133, farside22 wrote:

You mean like how they tried to push all the votes on them as still purely random?

Might be a thing.

||
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:17 am

Post by farside22 »

@thor: I'm stubborn and I don't really see a reason to switch votes. Marcell wagon looks good.

Majiffy: thought on Marcell or wagon there?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:18 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 134, Majiffy wrote:
In post 133, farside22 wrote:

You mean like how they tried to push all the votes on them as still purely random?

Might be a thing.

I thought he was referring to just your vote. Why do you think it was everyone's vote?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:22 am

Post by Majiffy »

I don't understand either Marcrell vote and didn't even realize there was a wagon.

In post 79, Shiryu wrote:Majiffy and Marcrell under the reasoning that it was a bad opening post, which from how you say RVS goes down,
would really just make them both random votes against me.

Yours you claimed was to follow suit, wh
ich I suppose in its own way would still be a random vote?

Pasch jumps out with the actual analysis that I'd use it to distance myself from it if Majiffy actually ends up getting lynched, though Why Not did say Pasch tends to over-theorize. On the other hand, it was a 4th vote, which would get me close to the actual possibility of getting lynched.

So yeah, I suppose slightly scummy vibes from Pasch,
but nothing I'd go on to place a vote him.

Because that's pretty much exactly what it says.

Also... "close to the plausibility of being lynched"? At L-3 in a 7 to lynch game? :neutral:

||
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:37 am

Post by farside22 »

Majiffy: you have any other scum reads besides shir?
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:44 am

Post by Majiffy »

Just you, for defending Shir so adamantly and with epic moonlogic.

||
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:54 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 127, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 89, Thor665 wrote:
Yup, my strategy is to look like a town leader by...doing what a town leader does.
Devilishly clever of me.

Well that and voting random people and being frantic as everything, yes.

Voting "random" people...at game start. Yeah, how weird and unusual. And I'm "frantic"...wherein earlier you had described frantic as me being willling to vote multiple people.

You have accurately spotted that I'm pretty open to the possibility of lynching anyone in a game with no SK possible.
Congrats - you have made a town case on me and not realized it.

In post 135, farside22 wrote:@thor: I'm stubborn and I don't really see a reason to switch votes. Marcell wagon looks good.

Is there a Marcell case or just a Marcell wagon?

I'll add Majiffy to the scum pile and CoolDog to the 'willing to lynch as a lark just so I don't have to keep explaining that pro-town play isn't scum play' pile.
I still think Pants is an optimal lynch at this stage.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:59 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 140, Thor665 wrote:I'll add Majiffy to the scum pile

||
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:03 am

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 100, farside22 wrote:
Dr.pant: link to game you are referring to about pasch please.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=58306

In post 115, Thor665 wrote:
In post 95, Dr Pants wrote:a piece of matching meta does not make or break a case

plus, "unvote" is not scum. its mod confirmed. i think i remember a certain someone saying that before.....

Okay...let me walk you through it as I see it.

You have a pool of players, and in RVS they are all at some baseline (whether you start everyone as town or scum or null or whatever)
You vote Pasch.
Pasch does something you equate to a town Pasch and *also* that you equated to Pasch almost being mislynched which would be bad for town.
You try to 'help' him with this.
But you keep your vote on him - thus not showing any shift in your awareness of him being more likely town and *also* not showing any shift in wanting to avoid a mislynch on Pasch.
I call you a filthy scum and vote you.
And now we are here.

The fact that I voted Pasche in RVS and Pasche happened to do something dumb is pure coincidence. As I have repeatedly said, I've explained the entire story, making it clear that Pasche was town, and why I find the behavior worrying. If I was scum, and attempting to mislynch Pasche, then why would I tell everyone that this bad behavior from Pasche was something I had seen from him as town?

In post 117, Paschendale wrote:
@Pants: So, pick a conclusion? Does my vote look more or less scummy to you? I assume your opening vote on me was just because lately we've been in so many games together, but that was before I even posted. You've said that my actions so far match my town meta, but you "didn't like" my vote. So which is it? And what the hell does this mean?

In post 95, Dr Pants wrote:plus, "unvote" is not scum. its mod confirmed.

That is why I RVS voted you. As I said and keep saying, I don't like your vote because its a bad vote, whether or not it matches your town meta. The quote is a response to Thor asking why didn't unvote, as in my first game on this site that was a response Thor had to someone who wasn't voting.

Other things now:

The Majiffy push on Shiryu makes no sense. Given that Majiffy has admitted that he thinks Pasche over analyzed Shiryu, its strange that Majiffy thinks his own thought process is valid. He claims the difference in thought process is this:
In post 105, Majiffy wrote:Because Shin-whateverthefuck already has their role PM. And I agree with Pasch, except he believes the motivation he outlined was a
conscious effort
while I believe it was
unconscious
. Either way, still alignment-indicative, and still indicative of SCUM.

but I have no idea what this means. Imo, it looks to me like Majiffy is pushing Shiryu due to some need to be pushing someone.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Majiffy

inb4 Thor thinks I'm scummy for my timely unvotes
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:04 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 139, Majiffy wrote:Just you, for defending Shir so adamantly and with epic moonlogic.

Calling a case bad with bad reasoning is not defending a player. I swear the next person who equates calling a case shit as defending needs to be shot.

@thor: Marcell wagon is due to his question about town reads. So far 2 votes on there. Saw marcel posting on ms earlier so I'm intrigued.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 142, Dr Pants wrote:If I was scum, and attempting to mislynch Pasche, then why would I tell everyone that this bad behavior from Pasche was something I had seen from him as town?

You didn't until I specifically asked you about it - up until then my perception of what you were doing was pushing a lynch on him.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Belisarius »

mine
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Belisarius »

Vote Count 04/10/1917.04Majiffy: (2) farside22, Dr Pants
Marcrell: (2) Anatole Kuragin, viking cat
Thor665: (1) CooLDoG
Shiryu: (3) Majiffy, Marcrell, Paschendale
Dr Pants: (1) Thor665

Not Voting: Baezu, Messiah Complex, Why not, Shiryu

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-06 12:45:00)

Mod Notes:
Cool people get their post counts off by 5.
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:08 am

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 144, Thor665 wrote:
In post 142, Dr Pants wrote:If I was scum, and attempting to mislynch Pasche, then why would I tell everyone that this bad behavior from Pasche was something I had seen from him as town?

You didn't until I specifically asked you about it - up until then my perception of what you were doing was pushing a lynch on him.

Well than that's my bad for not being obvious enough, but I was talking specifically to Pasche, so he knew what I was talking about.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:10 am

Post by CooLDoG »

marcrell and majiffy are fine. Dr pants is a stupid vote/ Shiryu is an RVS wagon that has and will come to nothing. Thor is where votes should go.
after a wank.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

He still feels confused about your motivations as far as I can tell from his posting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”