Post by Belisarius »

Vote Count 04/10/1917.07Dr Pants: (2) Thor665, Baezu
Baezu: (3) Why not, CooLDoG, Shiryu
Majiffy: (3) Dr Pants, farside22, Messiah Complex
Marcrell: (2) Anatole Kuragin, viking cat
Shiryu: (1) Paschendale

Not Voting: Majiffy, Marcrell

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-06 12:45:00)

Mod Notes:
None
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Dr Pants »

In post 324, Baezu wrote:
Dr pants- sorry man. After reading your ISO you still seem scummy to me. You're making a case on jif based on nothing and yet accuse me of the same thing. I don't even like your . It just makes you seem like you're fishing for town cred later on

"Dear Esteemed Dr. Pants,

I regret to inform you that I find your posts scummy. It is rather unfortunate, as you have been earnest in your attempts to provide the Baezu Corp. with a Town Portfolio. However, we at Baezu Corp. have high standards for our town, and other candidates have are just a better fit. We are sorry that you will not find employment as a town read, and wish you all the best in your search.

Sincerely,
Baezu Corp."
Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Dr Pants »

K now parts of your reads list that suck

VC- town

Why not- null atm but if there are only 3 scum by Poe he must be town.

Why is VC town? VC hasn't done
anything
Why do you include a PoE read? If he's null, he's null, but he doesn't magically become town to fulfill some kind of quota that you have.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 324, Baezu wrote:Reads list:

Anatole- town. I like your response to people. Just to let you know my town game is scummy. I've tried hydraing to try to fix it and was even given advice like "you can be unpredictable and crazy as fuck as town" but it still hasn't seemed to help. The only thing that "works" for me as town is to stick to my meta and hope people will eventually catch on that I'm scum as fuck as town

Cooldog- most town imo

Dr pants- sorry man. After reading your ISO you still seem scummy to me. You're making a case on jif based on nothing and yet accuse me of the same thing. I don't even like your . It just makes you seem like you're fishing for town cred later on

Farside- town meta is town

Majiffy- when I said he was relaxed this is what I meant: . IMO whoever thinks majiffy is scum is themselves scum and is just trying to get him out of the game. Read his posts. He's town as fuck

Marcrell- scum. Too much explanation in too scummy of a way. See

Messiah- scum, see above. First vote is for majiffy and I already had a problem with his initial post. Also, how come you didn't address me at all in that post and then put me in the scum pile? I was a topic of conversation that you completely ignored but then sided with the majority on.

Pasch- town

Shiryu- town read it's pretty clear

Thor- town

VC- town

;tl/dr messiah, marcrell, pants scum; why not null; rest town

Is there a good reason why you believe Pants is scummier than Marcell? Or is there any reason why you wouldn't vote the latter today?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:25 am

It just doesn't seem like any of your scumreads have a lot of conviction to them, Bazinga.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:25 am

I mean, mine don't either but I'm also not trying to look like I have reads on anyone.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:34 am

Post by farside22 »

@baezu: can you explain majiffy town read a bit more. You used 2 post examples and as far as I see majiffy just kind of tunneled on a weak read then stopped scum hunting except to associate defending a player as scum buddies. Since then majiffy had no reads to talk about from anyone.
Don't disagree about messiah but it's a gut check thing.

@messiah: I believe you 2 have played with majiffy? If so why is he a scum read based on what you know of him?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 am

Post by Why not »

sorry baezu i didn't think you'd care
viking cat
viking cat
Townie
viking cat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:34 am

Post by viking cat »

In post 327, Dr Pants wrote:K now parts of your reads list that suck

VC- town

Why is VC town? VC hasn't done
anything

Pretty sure it's because I soft-defended her.

Though at best that's null with me, as she should realize. As town, I take my time developing a read, and am cautious about her getting wagonned early. As scum, I would save her for a later-game mislynch.
Why not
Why not
Goon
Why not
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Why not »

why am i only null? :(
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:55 am

Post by Thor665 »

@CoolDog - could you define what 'meta' means to you? Because by the conventional use of the term I am not using any meta in my case, so you clearly have a different take - what do you mean by meta?

I understand meta as 'using awareness of a player's past play examples as a means of assessing their present play in order to divine alignment'

If you agree with that definition then please show me how I'm doing it with Pants. If not, I'd like to see your definition.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:15 am

I'm V/LA until sunday night or monday
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:19 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 326, Dr Pants wrote:

"Dear Esteemed Dr. Pants,

I regret to inform you that I find your posts scummy. It is rather unfortunate, as you have been earnest in your attempts to provide the Baezu Corp. with a Town Portfolio. However, we at Baezu Corp. have high standards for our town, and other candidates have are just a better fit. We are sorry that you will not find employment as a town read, and wish you all the best in your search.

Sincerely,
Baezu Corp."

Lmfao!!! And they say this game can't be silly ;p
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN
“Baezu tier: Baezu” (Oooo I get my own tier!!!) -Vorkuta

Planning the next Toronto Meet! in late 2020
Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 332, Why not wrote:sorry baezu i didn't think you'd care

Np. And see all the wonderful things I'm being called now? I've been called tits, and another player account, it's awesome!
Show
Stats have been transferred to the wiki http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=User:Baezu

“Baezu’s my top town. If she's scum I'll eat Alchemist's hat.” (Something I never thought I’d hear in any game. Ever.) -RCEnigma in EICN

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:21 pm

Post by Baezu »

@anatole I wouldn't mind switching my vote to marcrell
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:27 pm

Post by Baezu »

Pants look at they give speculative reads they respond to people they ask questions. I included a Poe in case I get lynched today. I was trying to lay out the scum team as a whole as well as individual. I feel that if I do that then other people will look at those players interactions in addition to their individual play
Show

Baezu
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Baezu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by Baezu »

In post 266, Majiffy wrote:Unless you mean the overconfidence thing, in which case... You've played plenty of fucking games with me. And for anyone who hasn't, go look. It's self-evident.

@farside This is how I feel. Majiffy is being true to majiffy. You've probably played more games with him than I have but from what I recall this is his play style. He probably would have enough balls as scum to be ostentatious as well but even if that is the case I still think keeping him around for a little while longer will prove useful.
Show

Dr Pants
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Dr Pants
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Dr Pants »

I have a recording session for the next couple of days so I'll have limited access.
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Shiryu »

Heh, Bazinga... So you've posted more complete insight and just more in general, so that pretty much undoes my reason for voting you.

UNVOTE: Baezu

I am curious, which post did you specifically mean gave your a town read from me? Seeing as isn't me.
I am the eggman, woo!
They are the eggmen, woo!
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob!
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:29 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 323, Baezu wrote:
Well if you fuck it up by making booby references then that's perfectly acceptable! ;) I'll take bazungas ;p and yes, they are!

I didn't realize you were female :igmeou:
In post 335, Thor665 wrote:@CoolDog - could you define what 'meta' means to you? Because by the conventional use of the term I am not using any meta in my case, so you clearly have a different take - what do you mean by meta?

I understand meta as 'using awareness of a player's past play examples as a means of assessing their present play in order to divine alignment'

If you agree with that definition then please show me how I'm doing it with Pants. If not, I'd like to see your definition.

I don't even know why I should bother even reading your posts any more. Meaningless filler on something stupid. Your whole read on MR. Pants is based on how he uses meta. Granted I have a tendency to ignore anything related to the subject so I can't be intirly sure, but I am pretty aware of the fact that this is what has come of your discussion with mr. Pants:

FUCK ALL

Basically we wasted a few pages of inane ramblings ontop of inane ramblings for what? One person on your wagon? Ohh wait, there are two people, and the other guy is scum too. Bassically thor is just generating content for its own sake. Vote thor. Or baezu. Either will do.
In post 343, Shiryu wrote:Heh, Bazinga... So you've posted more complete insight and just more in general, so that pretty much undoes my reason for voting you.

UNVOTE: Baezu

I am curious, which post did you specifically mean gave your a town read from me? Seeing as isn't me.

so baezu was your only read... like at all?
after a wank.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by Majiffy »

In post 282, Messiah Complex wrote:
Jiffy- I got the joke buddy, it was kind of an easy one to make, I expect better from you in the future. What exactly constitutes a bad RVS vote? I read this over and over and I can’t understand what the first part of the post means.
In post 105, Majiffy wrote:Because Shin-whateverthefuck already has their role PM. And I agree with Pasch, except he believes the motivation he outlined was a
conscious effort
while I believe it was
unconscious
. Either way, still alignment-indicative, and still indicative of SCUM.
Which you would probably get if you bothered to even read the damn posts in that big whopping 5 pages of a thread we have.
I know, hard work, that reading.

What does their role PM have to do with anything, are you implying that they rolled scum and that’s why they RVSed the way they did?

It was a direct response to someone making a comment about the validity of scumreading an rvs post. I was saying that a scum is a scum at any stage.

In post 282, Messiah Complex wrote:
Vote Jiffy

Absurd vote with nothing in this post really lending towards me being a strong scumread.

You rolled scum, didnt you?
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

^do you only defend yourself? And do nothing else.
after a wank.
Shiryu
Shiryu
Goon
Shiryu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Shiryu »

At this point I'd be split between Marcrell and viking cat. That's not to say I now think Baezu's town. She's just debunked the one reason I was seeing her as being more scummy than the other which prompted my vote on her.

I'll have to correct myself on my previous post where I stated everyone else was looking town for me. Specifically, the only two I'm relatively certain will be town are Majiffy and, to a lesser extent, Pash. When I said "everyone else is looking like town", I should have instead said I'm getting null readings from them. Not getting any scummy vibes from them, but could very well see them being scum just playing their role well (and that includes you, CooLDoG).

Special distinction for Pants, who I honestly think will end up being town just on gut feeling alone, but who's otherwise been looking pretty suspicious.

Reading back on Messiah's post , though, I'm not all that convinced on his reasoning for voting Majiffy. It's essentially the same as Pants and farside, but without going into as much detail, and more noticeably for me, was made
after
Majiffy had unvoted me in
. To me, that makes the argument hold less water.
I am the eggman, woo!
They are the eggmen, woo!
I am the walrus, goo goo g' joob!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 346, CooLDoG wrote:^do you only defend yourself? And do nothing else.

Yup.

Also I think baezu is town.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 347, Shiryu wrote:At this point I'd be split between Marcrell and viking cat. That's not to say I now think Baezu's town. She's just debunked the one reason I was seeing her as being more scummy than the other which prompted my vote on her.

I'll have to correct myself on my previous post where I stated everyone else was looking town for me. Specifically, the only two I'm relatively certain will be town are Majiffy and, to a lesser extent, Pash. When I said "everyone else is looking like town", I should have instead said I'm getting null readings from them. Not getting any scummy vibes from them, but could very well see them being scum just playing their role well (and that includes you, CooLDoG).

Special distinction for Pants, who I honestly think will end up being town just on gut feeling alone, but who's otherwise been looking pretty suspicious.

Reading back on Messiah's post , though, I'm not all that convinced on his reasoning for voting Majiffy. It's essentially the same as Pants and farside, but without going into as much detail, and more noticeably for me, was made
after
Majiffy had unvoted me in
. To me, that makes the argument hold less water.

Agreed and it does bother me that messiah did as much....

Fuxk it

Vote: messiah

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”