Mini 1591: PFs Flavorless Normal (Game Over)

Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:34 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

Going to give a few reads

I originally liked Reinoe for putting himself out there so much, but as time went on he started to ask questions rather than provide his on content. Only asking questions could be scum feeling out for safe stances to support.

Also the groups of three kind of implant in the answering parties mind that one of the scum at least have to be in the grouping, but its not subtle enough for me to go any further than null on.

I still feel like the amount of exposure compared to some of the people hanging back leans them town to me.

More coming
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:36 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 198, farside22 wrote:
In post 195, reinoe wrote:
In post 160, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 96, reinoe wrote:
Hey cooldog, farside, and red coyote, how many scum in here...

[konowa, sleepykrew, cyberbob]

Why did you pick those three to ask? Appeal to authority?

(my answer is 1 by the way)

I've played with farside before but can't remember where. RedCoyote I've played with before and he was our MVP as the vig. Cooldog I thought I played with before but I actually don't that's the case.

Also which one do you think is scum of the three?

The game was a take on duck, duck goose and I was bp town that got lynched for not continuing my tunnel scum read on bulb.
1 scum read in that group for me. I'm voting for him.
Not sure about cooldog but sk is the annoying puppy that is going to probably be your tunnel for this game.

Oh yeah that's right. I did A LOT OF SOUL SEARCHING after that mislynch. You and EEK weren't scum reads of mine but I still hammered. I felt so stupid after that. It's all coming back to me now. Thanks for the reminder.

Hmm...your reads tend to be pretty good.

VOTE: Konowa
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:39 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

In post 37, Drew-Sta wrote:@ Farside. The guys been on the site for 3 years. How is he an eager puppy with a new toy?

He does read like he's on the spectrum though (that's not an insult, BTW, and is an observation based on his posting style - I have a friend who plays on another site who is on the spectrum and posts in a similar way) which means how he presents is going to be different to how we would assume a player would.

This isn't a defence of his poor questioning either; more his interaction.

Also, glad it didn't offend :)

In this post Drew jumps to the conclusion that a normal expression is some areas of the US is actually a comment on someones amount of mafia played. Could be a partner jumping to a defense overly eager to help, or just someone who doesn't get that this is an expression.

Drew is trying hard to be well liked and not offend anyone, something someone who only provides useful town content(a townie) wouldn't need to do.

Although its a scum lean, its a 4 post scum lean and I won't support a wagon on someone on V/LA if their return date falls inside the day's time limit.
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

Konowa's few post have no glaring alignment showings, at least that I can find, so I'll keep them null.

While the point of questions rather than content stands on Konowa too, its only 4 posts, so I will need Kon to speak up for me.
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

While Dessew started out sheeping (admittedly) he has provided a decent amount of content and questions. Putting your thoughts with real reasoning behind them is strong town to me.

The only remark I have to make is that Des calls SK town because of past play of a similar start. Its a bad way to clear someone and build a read, it should be a supplement and not a main reason.

Dess is town.
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

Actually Reinoe, why vote Konowa? When IAI said 1, I assumed they ment one of the 3, not the first listed. Any further reasoning?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:57 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 205, Goofyd00d wrote:Actually Reinoe, why vote Konowa? When IAI said 1, I assumed they ment one of the 3, not the first listed. Any further reasoning?
In post 72, Konowa wrote:You're absolutely right that there was a lack of conviction to my reinoe vote. I hadn't actually read anything at that point.

Then why say "yep" as if you're agreeing to something?
I was scum-reading konowa for commenting on the game while voting. OK initially I thought it was RVS. But then the explaination provided in 72 doesn't make any sense. Apparently it wasn't an RVS. Why would you vote "without conviction"? If Konowa had just said it was an rvs vote then that would make a lot of sense.

Also I'm basing some of my Vote switch with farside's vote. Her reads tend to be good from what I've seen.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

I would support a wagon on Red, as he is posting a lot of explanations, but only provides limited content in post 75,

Spoiler: Post75
In post 75, RedCoyote wrote:
Mod
, do you mind please putting people that are not voting and also the deadline in your vote counts? It would help me a lot!

---

IAI 8 wrote:Oh hello by the way....where are my manners?

Scum tend to have less manners. :igmeou:

---

SK 12 wrote:This avatar made that little exchange infinitely better.
Thank you AP for giving me this.

Do you change it from good cop to bad cop depending on your mood?

---

Drew 37 wrote:@ Farside. The guys been on the site for 3 years. How is he an eager puppy with a new toy?

What did farside say that would have anything to do with his site experience?

Drew 37 wrote:This isn't a defence of his poor questioning either; more his interaction.

This reads like you're going out of your way to not attach yourself to SK. This post is kind of crappy, imo. Also, I have no idea what your is referring to. I guess you mean the sandy vagina thing? reinoe seemed to take it in stride.

Anyway, this whole post is Drew bending over backwards to appear overly sensitive, overly defensive (of SK), and overly aware that he might be seen as defensive (of SK).

---

Cyberbob 52 wrote:Anyway. Reinoe has an extremely ironic signature.
Vote: reinoe

Heh. I like this. Better than SK's rationale anyway.

---

Dessew 54 wrote:Please stop making posts like this. He's a grown-up man, let him explain himself. :)

This. I got the same vibe.

VOTE: Drew-Sta

---

Goofy 67 wrote:On a serious note, since they are in the same post, which will be counted, I assume sleeps because it's lower, but it's the first time I've encountered this.

The lower vote should count unless the mod has any sort of special rules concerning it. Overall good post though.

---

pops 69 wrote:Konowa is pretty sketchy though. The personal nature of Skrew's vote makes Konowa's bandwagoning for the same motive unlikely. It's unlikely he has a different motive either, because he didn't post a different motive, and my own perspective didn't see anything scummy in reinoe's last couple posts.

I kind of agree with this. I didn't really "get" what the reinoe vote was all about. I think farside noticed this too. You think she scared him off?

And most of that was pokes at other players rather than reads or content. Since then he over reacted to Bob's mistake (assuming it was one) and made no headway since.
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

I see, thanks.
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:13 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

Pop started out by adding fluff to his posts maybe in some lighthearted attempt to lighten up the start of the game, or maybe to add more perceived content. Since then Pop hasn't contributed a lot of personal reads, rather than a line here or there about the current conversation, and a tunnel on someone who has posted 4 times rather than looking elsewhere while you wait for them to post seems like you either stick to your guns and ignore the rest of the scum(poor town play), or you legitimately think that you can get the target mislynched(scum). I'd like to see your reaction to this thought and how you act about Konowa before I decide which I believe more.

In post 69, popsofctown wrote:
Sleepykrew seems like he legitimately wants to get out of RVS for the right reasons.

I'm still new, but I've noticed that there is always one person who hates RVS and wants to end it, however they usually end it themselves, what kind of read does it give you when someone tries to make others end it rather than attempt to do so themselves? For me its scummy to not want to be in the center of attention, which is what ending it early seems to require.

In post 196, popsofctown wrote:IAI, Redcoyote can be hard to read, but I'm getting a lack of initiative from him today that is pretty scummy, especially given his meta.

I have yet to play with Red, care sharing the points of his meta you are referring to here?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:18 pm

Post by Konowa »

In post 114, popsofctown wrote:Scum tend to be less motivated and to be having less fun, as a rule. That means they are less likely to read the thread, much like you are less likely to read every word of a boring text than of a good novel.That's for the average person, it might not apply to you. Maybe you like playing scum, or you read everything either way but have a meticulous attitude as scum.

So basically you are trying to apply something that varies by user? This is why people dislike meta because of awful use like this. Backed up later on by this quote:
In post 180, popsofctown wrote:He's human. I'll bet you 1$ he's right handed, and I'll bet you 1$ he plays less motivated as scum. Maybe he's not, and maybe he's not, but probably so

I really dislike how at this point you're trying to force a circle into a square hole. You're using circular logic at this point.

Don't know what to make of goofy sidestepping on Drew in post #202.

reinoe, it wasn't rvs, but I wouldn't have called it serious either. I hit last post, scrolled up to see a vote count and saw you were leading wagon and placed a vote for push. Which is why I said there was no conviction to the vote.

There was something else that I saw that jumped out at me as well. Let me find it.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Konowa »

In post 157, Dessew wrote:I wouldn't start to speculate about Drew's alignment, partly because he's V/LA atm and he hasn't done much, partly because his posts are newbish, nothing else, imo.

This.
Feels like damage control.
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:21 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

Is it sidestepping to want to hear someone defend themselves before we string them up if they will come back in time and do so? Hell even if we do lynch someone in that situation after the defense it could at least help fuel connections.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Post by Konowa »

Would also support a RC wagon purely on gut. The question about is this game hard to read comes off as contrived.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by Konowa »

In post 202, Goofyd00d wrote:Although its a scum lean, its a 4 post scum lean and I won't support a wagon on someone on V/LA if their return date falls inside the day's time limit.

The way you qualify your position is what I am referring to. Whether or not someone is on V/LA has nothing to do with whether or not you support a wagon. This is different from what you just said now.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 214, Konowa wrote:
In post 202, Goofyd00d wrote:Although its a scum lean, its a 4 post scum lean and I won't support a wagon on someone on V/LA if their return date falls inside the day's time limit.

The way you qualify your position is what I am referring to. Whether or not someone is on V/LA has nothing to do with whether or not you support a wagon. This is different from what you just said now.

What so you think pushing a player on v:la does? He can't defend himself. Typical 12 to 13 players have 3 scum so does pushing a wagon on an absent player accomplish?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:06 pm

Post by Konowa »

For starters, it allows me to get reads on other people. For example, what do you think of this:
In post 157, Dessew wrote:I wouldn't start to speculate about Drew's alignment, partly because he's V/LA atm and he hasn't done much, partly because his posts are newbish, nothing else, imo.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 209, Goofyd00d wrote:Pop started out by adding fluff to his posts maybe in some lighthearted attempt to lighten up the start of the game, or maybe to add more perceived content. Since then Pop hasn't contributed a lot of personal reads, rather than a line here or there about the current conversation, and a tunnel on someone who has posted 4 times rather than looking elsewhere while you wait for them to post seems like you either stick to your guns and ignore the rest of the scum(poor town play), or you legitimately think that you can get the target mislynched(scum). I'd like to see your reaction to this thought and how you

I just wanted to get people talking about a lynch with strong merits instead of discussing sleepykrew and reinoe's blind pillowfightings. It seemed like a better catalyst for the development of the daygame. I felt seeing people's reactions to that sort of wagon had more value. RC's lackluster response to the topic has cast much more doubt on him than which of his favorite pillows he roots for, for instance

In post 209, Goofyd00d wrote:
In post 196, popsofctown wrote:IAI, Redcoyote can be hard to read, but I'm getting a lack of initiative from him today that is pretty scummy, especially given his meta.

I have yet to play with Red, care sharing the points of his meta you are referring to here?

He usually makes a couple keen observations. He doesn't necessarily crack the whole lobster open and pick the scummeat out day one, but he'll ask a question that seems wise to ask, or be proactive in some other way.
He and IAI are fighting for second place on my list right now.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Cyberbob
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Cyberbob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by Cyberbob »

In post 188, RedCoyote wrote:Is it just me or is this game hard to follow? I blame SK and reinoe.

Unvote

Vote: RedCoyote

I thought it was weird how keen he was to remind me of his agreement with my opinion of reinoe while we were arguing over my "I want posts" post, he was trying quite hard to keep me from forgetting that he was "on my side". That little gut twinge has now been more than confirmed with this post.
tread softly because you tread on my dreams
daddy's little girl ain't a girl no more
"quasi-rape" --Vi
"real liberals" --Yos
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I was promised a Goofy wagon if he kept not answering me and I want my damn wagon.
But an RC wagon isn't terrible.
To be clear: quack
Goofyd00d
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goofyd00d
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by Goofyd00d »

In post 219, SleepyKrew wrote:I was promised a Goofy wagon if he kept not answering me and I want my damn wagon.
But an RC wagon isn't terrible.

I believe the wagon was promised if I didn't post at all.
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

Curses, foiled again.
To be clear: quack
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 216, Konowa wrote:For starters, it allows me to get reads on other people. For example, what do you think of this:

Meh. Your talking to a person who doesn't push on a v/la person.
I think the post from Drew can be taken with a simple question.

Also I did ask you a few thing about your reasoning.

here
Also does it bother you another person used you term in this game to find Drew scummy?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by farside22 »

I'm referring to this from cyber. I knew someone said something similar.
Here bob uses it as a defense for Drew because of a scum read on sk.

In post 99, Cyberbob wrote:re Drew: I don't think he is scum mainly because at this point I do not think SK is scum. The only scenario where it would make sense that Drewscum would verbally cheer on SK's wagon while voting for you is if you are town and SK is his buddy.

In post 98, reinoe wrote:Why do you think sleepykrew's case is not forced, melodramatic, and contradictory?

He's barely made any case at all against you aside from asking questions which have mostly either gone unanswered or have been answered by other people. You started flipping out at him in Post 46 which was before he'd said anything at all about you other than "hey everyone should join my wagon".
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:15 am

Post by PokerFace »

Day 1 Vote Count:

Konowa (4) - farside22, popsofctown, Dessew, reinoe
SleepyKrew (2) - Goofyd00d, CooLDoG
Drew-Sta (2) - Konowa, RedCoyote
reinoe (1) - Drew-Sta
Goofyd00d (1) - SleepyKrew
CooLDoG (1) - I Am Innocent
RedCoyote (1) - Cyberbob

Not voting (0) - No one

with 12 alive its 7 to lynch

Drew-Sta is v/la until 7/28/14

Deadline 8/7/14

(expired on 2014-08-07 20:00:00)

Let me know if I missed any votes, please. Doing a check to see if anyone needs a prod. People needing prods are: No one
Damn son! Back in my early days the activity overview was not as helpful as it is now. It is awesome, it even says who set V/la in their profile
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”