CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:02 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 589, Baezu wrote:I'm starting to see you point about jif scum, farside

jiffy is just arguing with people and calling it content.

edit, forgot to post this too.
after a wank.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:05 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

In post 596, Majiffy wrote:I'm not sure what your perspective on "scumhunting by logic" means. Please provide several examples.

While you're at it, please explain with your precious logic what the third option would be - given that you have already admitted you play in an alignment-obscure fashion - if not poor scum or gamethrowing town.

I'm not going to play the game for you - ISO me and find a post where I'm trying to use poor logic to mislead people, or my own comments are not logically consistent

1) mafia inherently depend on logically inconsistent cases when scumhunting, or logically very weak, inconclusive cases because they are trying to paint a narrative that a player they know is town is actually scum - this is as opposed to scum hunting by behavioral tells, some of which can be useful but you can't reliably find scum with it, especially not later into a game. this includes things like finding a player unnecessarily nervous or defensive, or having sharp changes in tone

Soft-supporting a wagon is not something outside the realm of possibility for a scumbuddy. Especially one that is being voted by a charismatic player.

I'm having trouble finding a charismatic player at this point - and my reads have been fairly transparent, I still think Marcrell & Messiah are scum like I've been saying. I shifted my vote to Messiah because he has a lot more scummy substance to analyze than Marcrell, not because of you or any one else voting them

Considering I am trying to discern your alignment, I would argue it is very relevant to this game that you continue this line of discussion. Any further attempts to shut down discussion regarding your playstyle and the proper way to read you will be seen as a scumclaim.

Ok. Would you like me to submit to the town the term papers I wrote that were reviewed in my ADHD testing and diagnosis?

If I am such a poor scumhunter, then why am I being scumread for the perception of not playing up to my standard? Again; you can't have it both ways.

This kind of self-meta is useless banter to enforce an untenable position.
Messiah Complex
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Messiah Complex
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:11 am

Post by Messiah Complex »

You guys are all a bunch of fucking assholes. This is the second time I have gotten run up on bullshit. Check out Desp's last large game where people jumped on me for some "scummy" shit they said I did, which by the way was placing a vote on scum, and then ran me up until I claimed. Hell even after I claimed I almost got lynched.

I am James McCudden, winner of the Victorian Cross, Allied Doctor.

So, how about we stop fucking voting me, and look for scum.

Farside- I still don't know how we have the same view on Jiffy, yet you are voting me. If you think I am bussing, then why don't you hop on the train.

Town
viking cat- posting seems very natural, and I can see your thought process making sense.
CooLDoG- the tet-a-tet that you are getting into with Thor makes sense to me based off Thors playstyle. I don't know if you are reading him correctly, but the way you are going about it looks town

Why not- you responded the way I would have expected you to with my bullshit questions, and the response to calling out the soft claimed PR seemed on the level.
Paschendale- Tunneling, check, scummy behavior, check, kinda pissing people off, check. Probs town.
Anatole Kuragin- leaning town on him based off stuff that I've seen and can't talk about yet.
Farside- Downgraded because of the way that you are scum reading Jiffy for the same exact things as I am (even using parts of my argument), yet you are voting me. I get that bussing is a thing, but day 1 for no reason, and on Jiffy? Nope.
Shiryu- You fell off when you limited who you would vote for the way you did, and it felt off that you would phrase it the way you did.

Thor665- You are always going to be scum to me until you aren't. I guess that is what happens when the IC in your first newbie game is scum and completely mindfucks you.
Marcrell- So few posts, I feel like you might be trying to fly under the radar while other people tear each other apart.

_____________________________________ Lynchability line

Dr. Pants- Shitty arguments, bad pushes, and faked anger. I wish I could say more, but ongoing.
Baezu- I hate that you try to pass off your scummy play as your town play. The whole, I must be town because as scum I wouldn't be acting as scummy thing, just screams bullshit wifom and makes me want to lynch you.
Majiffy- You are a better player than you are showing right now. Your arguments are usually better crafted, and based off more substantial tells and actions. The fact that you tunneled so deep and quickly is telling.

I'm going to take a shite now, and with the spicy food I had last night it's gonna be a burn.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:12 am

UNVOTE: messiah
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:14 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 600, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 589, Baezu wrote:I'm starting to see you point about jif scum, farside

jiffy is just arguing with people and calling it content.

edit, forgot to post this too.

Pretty sure I said the same thing. ;/

Is jiffy still a scum read?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 601, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
I'm not going to play the game for you - ISO me and find a post where I'm trying to use poor logic to mislead people, or my own comments are not logically consistent

I'm confused why you think this is the only way to catch scum, or that scum is the only alignment that uses poor or inconsistent logic.

In post 590, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
1) mafia inherently depend on logically inconsistent cases when scumhunting, or logically very weak, inconclusive cases because they are trying to paint a narrative that a player they know is town is actually scum - this is as opposed to scum hunting by behavioral tells, some of which can be useful but you can't reliably find scum with it, especially not later into a game. this includes things like finding a player unnecessarily nervous or defensive, or having sharp changes in tone

What about a bussing scum? Could they not use a logically strong, consistent case?
What if a scum were to make a logically consistent case on a town player who is using poor logic in their arguments?

I'm having trouble finding a charismatic player at this point

:neutral:

In post 590, Anatole Kuragin wrote:and my reads have been fairly transparent, I still think Marcrell & Messiah are scum like I've been saying.

I still don't understand the Marcrell case and your case on Messiah is seriously lacking. It takes a lot of convenient leaps that aren't evinced fully by the material you provide. So no, I don't think your reads have been very transparent.

Furthermore, that's only 2 players. What about the rest of the playerlist?

Ok. Would you like me to submit to the town the term papers I wrote that were reviewed in my ADHD testing and diagnosis?

How does this have to do with anything?

AtE isn't going to help you here.

This kind of self-meta is useless banter to enforce an untenable position.

Ah yes, the good ol' "no u".
Only playing in games at personal moderator and/or 50%+ playerlist request.

How To Win Every Game At Mafiascum (The Flowchart)
||
In case anyone was unsure...
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:17 am

Post by Majiffy »

In light of the claim, I'm not moving my vote.

||
Svenskt Stål (23:38) majiffy, worst mod on ms? we talk to a surviving victim of his game
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:18 am

Post by farside22 »

Hey messiah.

The point Anatole had were valid.
Our reads are the same with jiffy but pants felt the same and then thor and no one really voted till way later.
I thought people were sheeping me for buddying purposes.

Vote; jiffy
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 am

Post by Majiffy »

You can lynch me, but you'd better as hell sheep my reads when I flip town.

||
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 am

I'm fairly skeptical of this being a fake claim for obvious historical inaccuracy in addition to my scumread but I also don't want a doctor hammered immediately after claim. I also find it weird that you're scumreading Pants now, Messiah.

Why did you say your role spoke french? Just to fuck with us?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:19 am

I'm fairly skeptical of this being a fake claim for obvious historical inaccuracy in addition to my scumread but I also don't want a doctor hammered immediately after claim. I also find it weird that you're scumreading Pants now, Messiah.

Why did you say your role spoke french? Just to fuck with us?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:20 am

Majiffy your argument is bad and I'm done dragging the town through this.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:21 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 606, Majiffy wrote:In light of the claim, I'm not moving my vote.

Our you counter claiming? Yes I'm asking because if you say nothing day fucking 1 about and live to day 2 saying oh I wasn't cc'ing that claim I'd vote you till you were dead.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Majiffy »

Which argument would that be? The one where you contradict yourself several times, or the one where you posit an inferior form of scumhunting as the One True Path?

||
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 612, farside22 wrote:
In post 606, Majiffy wrote:In light of the claim, I'm not moving my vote.

Our you counter claiming? Yes I'm asking because if you say nothing day fucking 1 about and live to day 2 saying oh I wasn't cc'ing that claim I'd vote you till you were dead.

No, I'm not counterclaiming. But I am telling you that MC's latest is a scumpost.

||
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:22 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 608, Majiffy wrote:You can lynch me, but you'd better as hell sheep my reads when I flip town.

I thought I was a scum read. :roll:

I swear.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:23 am

Post by Majiffy »

That was a generic statement to the town, not you in particular.

||
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:23 am

The argument where you are talking out of your ass to avoid looking for actual scum. I sincerely hope you are embarrassed by how poorly you're playing when I flip town at whatever point in this game that happens.

And I hope nobody counter-claims doctor yet - if Messiah was scum and knew he would die that's exactly what he would want to get out of it.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:24 am

Post by Majiffy »

Am I a townread, Anatole?

||
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:25 am

Yep.
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:26 am

Post by Majiffy »

Why is it that you feel it's a good idea to demean and insult players you think are town?

In post 214, Anatole Kuragin wrote:basically. don't see how rudeness is going to help us win the game

Especially when you have made posts like this?

||
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:28 am

Yeah, I'm sorry for being rude - but it's frustrating that you want to continue arguing in circles rather than winning the game and that got to me
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:29 am

In post 618, Majiffy wrote:Am I a townread, Anatole?

Compare for example how Majiffy and Messiah both respond to people "sheeping" their votes -

I vote for the same person as Majiffy (messiah) for reasons he sees as shit and he attacks me for it.

Farside completely agrees with Messiah's case against someone but don't immediately sheep the vote, and he practically begs her to.

one of these is much more likely a scum trait and one is more likely a town trait
Majiffy
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Majiffy
Go with the Flow
Go with the Flow

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:30 am

Post by Majiffy »

In post 622, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 618, Majiffy wrote:Am I a townread, Anatole?

Compare for example how Majiffy and Messiah both respond to people "sheeping" their votes -

I vote for the same person as Majiffy (messiah) for reasons he sees as shit and he attacks me for it.

Farside completely agrees with Messiah's case against someone but don't immediately sheep the vote, and he practically begs her to.

one of these is much more likely a scum trait and one is more likely a town trait

Are you implying a farside scumread, then?

In post 621, Anatole Kuragin wrote:Yeah, I'm sorry for being rude - but it's frustrating that you want to continue arguing in circles rather than winning the game and that got to me

I find that figuring out town can be a lot more efficient than trying to pluck scum out of a bucket. POE and all.

That requires attaining reads on nulls.

||
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:31 am

no, I am implying that messiah had a scummier response to farside's sheeping. tbh I need to ISO farside, especially after this

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”