Newbie 1517: Crossroads Mafia (Game Over)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by Malakittens »

It depends. Sometimes she tunnels others she doesn't. She has experience with both TSO and I. I expected her to flesh out her reads more. She seems like she's more in a scum-tunnel mindset than a town because town-Rach at least listens to people.

Also scum hammer survivalist is a thing, so is a town-hammer survivalist. In a way it''s null, but I don't like people clearing her for this.

Ugh N_M ._.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 299, Glass wrote:
N_M wrote:
Why do you find that alignment indicative and not just a symptom of inactivity/her IRL issues?

...Because it was the same with the last game I played with her. If someone has the same plays from one game to another it is at least slightly indicative that they are the same alignment.

I understand that, but it seems to me she did that this game because she couldn't be active, not as a town trait of hers. Your read seems disproportionately strong for something based on a single meta point that isn't even necessarily related to her alignment

In post 300, Malakittens wrote:Ugh N_M ._.

Hello to you too
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Glass »

Mala wrote:
Also scum hammer survivalist is a thing, so is a town-hammer survivalist. In a way it''s null, but I don't like people clearing her for this.

Who is clearing N_M/Rach for hammering?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:25 am

Post by acryon »

In post 298, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 294, acryon wrote:
In post 293, Not_Mafia wrote:Why is half the playerlist not voting?

I'm still between voting you and Clusk. I want to hear some more from Clusk before I make a decision.

If you find my slot scummy you should be voting me, if Clusk comes in and you find him scummier you can always just move your vote. If you're town you should always try to be using your vote.

Personally, I think if I put my vote out on you, it would take pressure off of Clusk, which I'm not interested in doing. By abstaining, I can keep some pressure on both.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:01 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 290, Not_Mafia wrote:...
: He's bad for pressuring active players? What?

I have answered this before. He's bad for ONLY pressuring active players, with ALL the posts he's putting in. See more details in earlier answers.
: You think he was distancing from Victor? Explain this please

Victor isn't the only possible mafia although my vote might be on him at the time. As you say in your next quote here below, I pretty much see a mafioso in every corner.
But, then again, I think you are misunderstanding my post. I said he was: "distancing himself from a mafia-
role
". Not from a "... mafia-
partner
".
: Well congratulations, you managed to call pretty much everyone scum in the space of half a page

I'm good that way. :wink:
: Why not just put her on L-1 and announce it normally?

Because there were a number of people posting at this particular time, so I wanted to make sure two people weren't voting at the same time, and take the possibility of defense away from Rach.
: Don't like this vote, Doogal clearly states a progression in his read since his pressure vote

Progression in his read? I don't understand.
He stated that he wouldn't take any more part in the game for the remainder of the day, and we were in the final hours. I found that unacceptable.
Sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 292, Not_Mafia wrote:...Billi has a lot of weird posts but I'm not sure if it's an ESL issue and it's clouding my read a bit...

What does ESL mean?
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 295, Glass wrote:...
billi wrote:
Glass gets an inherited mafia-vibe because Lucy replacing out after 1 post smells bad to me. I know people argue against that kind of suspicions (but it was true in my last game), and so I'm trying to keep that notion on the down and low.

Ya, good job with keeping that on the down and low. To be honest, I am not sure why this needs to be kept on the down and low, you are allowed to talk about incorrect tells if you want...

I'm keeping this on the down and low within my suspicion list. I.e. I'm trying to not let it affect my reads too much. But it's always in the back of my head.
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:07 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 302, Glass wrote:
Mala wrote:

Who is clearing N_M/Rach for hammering?

I guess that means me.
You asking this question puts you lower on my list.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:15 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 304, Billi bilaði wrote:
[/line]: You think he was distancing from Victor? Explain this please

Victor isn't the only possible mafia although my vote might be on him at the time. As you say in your next quote here below, I pretty much see a mafioso in every corner.
But, then again, I think you are misunderstanding my post. I said he was: "distancing himself from a mafia-
role
partner
".

I don't understand what you mean by distancing from a mafia role, can you elaborate please?

: Don't like this vote, Doogal clearly states a progression in his read since his pressure vote

Progression in his read? I don't understand.
He stated that he wouldn't take any more part in the game for the remainder of the day, and we were in the final hours. I found that unacceptable.

He had Rach listed as a null read, but in his end of day post he says this...

In post 229, Doogal121 wrote:I'm ok with Rach being lynched as she is probably the only person contributing less then I am at this point, so I will leave my vote where it is.

Implying some progression in his read

In post 305, Billi bilaði wrote:
In post 292, Not_Mafia wrote:...Billi has a lot of weird posts but I'm not sure if it's an ESL issue and it's clouding my read a bit...

What does ESL mean?

English Second Language
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:24 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 288, acryon wrote:
In post 284, Glass wrote:
I am getting bad vibes from Clusk, half of his ISO is him trying to spread doubt "this could all be a scum bluff" or "be careful guys, somebody might hammer. Not that I am going to unvote or anything"

These are the same thoughts I had on him in my initial reads.
In post 202, acryon wrote:
Clusk - Possibly Scum
The primary scummy things I have seen from Clusk are that on two different occasions, making a comment about "mafia wouldn't be stupid enough to...". Usually when someone is trying to paint a picture of what mafia do or don't do, they are trying to give the town a mafia description that will eventually clear themselves due to mismatch.

Just quoting so it can be added to the current discussion.

Also to that point:
In post 119, Clusk92 wrote:No-ones stupid enough you're right, still possible for an accidental hammer though.

In post 279, Clusk92 wrote:The Doogal lynch happened really fast, and Rach's wagon disappeared very quickly after being put to L-1. This indicates to me a scum counter-wagon.

Rach has a townread on Doogal in #232 and just SIX posts later hammers him. That change of mind wasn't natural in that short space of time.

VOTE: Not_Mafia

You said no one is stupid enough to put in the final vote as mafia, yet you are voting for Rach for doing exactly that.

Take this with a grain of salt, as there is some imagination here, but a possible scenario to think about:

Clusk lays out in two different early posts that scum most likely wouldn't give the final vote. This paves the way for Rach to hammer Doogal without suspicion despite how quick it was. Unfortunately, the other circumstances surrounding that wagon and Rach's posts themselves continued to make her seem very guilty(at least to me and a couple others). As she was unable to post very much, this took off some heat on her which, unfortunately for Clusk, turned to him. Seeing himself in the heat, he finds the perfect way to get out: lead a lynch on his mafia counterpart. Not only can he take the current heat off of himself by trying to put town onto something he knows we can probably get behind, but he clears himself in the future as the person who lead town to kill scum.

I said scum wouldn't be stupid enough to hammer early on. Rach's hammer wasn't an early hammer.

There wasn't any heat on me when I voted for N_M, so that (imaginative, I'll give you that) theory falls a bit flat

Feel a bit better about N_M now after his posts, and I agree on second thoughts that the hammer could have come from either town or scum in that position - and with not much time remaining

UNVOTE:

Glass and Mala seem town to me, suspicious of Shaddow and Billi, the latter in particular for being annoyed at votes on Doogal even though he was on the same wagon and saying there was plenty of time when there wasn't. Still got a solid scumread on Victor based on his posts throughout the game solidified by his rolefishing at the start of the day.

VOTE: Victor
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:38 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Replacing VictorDeAngelo. Vote count incoming...
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Bins replaces VictorDeAngelo
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Vote Count 2.03:

With eight alive, it takes five to lynch!

Clusk92 (L-4): Glass
Billi bilaoi (L-4): shaddowez
Glass (L-5):
shaddowez (L-4): Billi bilaoi
acryon (L-5):
Bins (L-3): Not_Mafia, Clusk92
Not_Mafia (L-5):
Malakittens (L-5):

Not voting: acryon, Bins, Malakittens

V/LA:

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-08-09 20:56:55)
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:37 pm

Post by Bins »

HELLO, LOVELIES.

I've read through but reads and stuff will have to come in the morning 'cause zzzz.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Malakittens »

BINS

HIHIHI

I LOVE YOU
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:45 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 300, Malakittens wrote:Ugh N_M ._.

In post 314, Malakittens wrote:BINS

HIHIHI

I LOVE YOU

Well I never
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:06 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hi Bins are you roleblocker or goon?
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:35 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

In post 308, Not_Mafia wrote:

role
partner
".

I don't understand what you mean by distancing from a mafia role, can you elaborate please?

When I ISO'd acryon I got the overall feeling that he was more focus on giving the message that he was not in the mafia, than finding out who was. (And now, when I ISO him again, he is pretty focused on Victor - so, yes, he might be distancing himself from Victor.)
Glass
Glass
Mafia Scum
Glass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:38 am

Post by Glass »

Man, the playerlist just keeps getting better.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:50 am

Post by acryon »

In post 317, Billi bilaði wrote:

role
partner
".

When I ISO'd acryon I got the overall feeling that he was more focus on giving the message that he was not in the mafia, than finding out who was. (And now, when I ISO him again, he is pretty focused on Victor - so, yes, he might be distancing himself from Victor.)

When reading through this thread for the very first time, I was getting the impression that Victor was scum, but after a couple more of his posts, I realized that I think it was just his play-style that was rubbing me the wrong way. When I took that out of the equation, coupled with some very-town posts from him, my scum-read disappeared.

In post 309, Clusk92 wrote:
Feel a bit better about N_M now after his posts, and I agree on second thoughts that the hammer could have come from either town or scum in that position - and with not much time remaining

UNVOTE:

Wait, what? So you think that a town that has a
town-read
on someone would rather hammer them than hammer no one?

For the record, I do still think N_M is scum as well, but this one seems easier to get us to agree on at the moment.
VOTE: Clusk
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:55 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I do not like my company on this wagon, but that 'slayer's gambit' and the mass claim suggestion were so out there
Billi bilaði
Billi bilaði
Goon
Billi bilaði
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:58 am

Post by Billi bilaði »

A new read table with a bit extra info. I hope I've got the reads correct:

The (Totals) column indicates how suspicious the Player is of his fellows.
The (Totals) line indicates how the Suspect is rated by his fellows.

Players\SuspectsClusk92BilliGlassshaddowezacryonBinsNot_MafiaMalakittens(Totals)
Clusk92
XXXXX
medium scum
medium town
weak scum
null read
strong scum
weak scum
medium town
Billi
weak scum
XXXXX
null read
medium scum
null readnull read
weak town
medium scum
Glass
medium scum
weak town?
XXXXX
null readnull read
weak town
medium town
null read+2
shaddowez
weak town
strong scum
strong town
XXXXX
strong town
weak town
null readnull read+5
acryon
medium scum
null readnull read
weak scum
XXXXX
medium town
strong scum
medium town
Bins
weak town
weak scum
null read
weak town
weak town
XXXXX
null read
weak scum
+1
Not_Mafia
weak scum
weak scum
medium town
weak scum
null read
medium scum
XXXXX
medium town
Malakittens
strong town
strong scum
null read
weak scum
medium town
weak scum
strong scum
XXXXX
(Totals)-1-9+7-5+6-2-4+3

This doesn't put me in a too good light. :eek:
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:17 am

Post by Bins »

I just woke up but I just love you all so much that I had to say good morning first thing.

In post 314, Malakittens wrote:BINS

HIHIHI

I LOVE YOU

:D <3

In post 316, Not_Mafia wrote:Hi Bins are you roleblocker or goon?

Cop.
:cop:

@Billi - I like your reads chart a lot, I think it's really helpful. But those are Victor's reads, not mine, so they're probably going to change (hint hint).
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Clusk92
Clusk92
Goon
Clusk92
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:58 am

Post by Clusk92 »

In post 319, acryon wrote:
In post 317, Billi bilaði wrote:

role
partner
".

When reading through this thread for the very first time, I was getting the impression that Victor was scum, but after a couple more of his posts, I realized that I think it was just his play-style that was rubbing me the wrong way. When I took that out of the equation, coupled with some very-town posts from him, my scum-read disappeared.

In post 309, Clusk92 wrote:

UNVOTE:

Wait, what? So you think that a town that has a
town-read
on someone would rather hammer them than hammer no one?

For the record, I do still think N_M is scum as well, but this one seems easier to get us to agree on at the moment.
VOTE: Clusk

Yes. From a town perspective, they know they're 100% town. The town-read they're hammering is not 100% town. Therefore, in the circumstances (little time left and no other alternative lynching options apart from themselves) it's the optimal play.

@Bins, is that cop claim a joke or a serious one?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:03 am

Post by acryon »

In post 323, Clusk92 wrote:
Yes. From a town perspective, they know they're 100% town. The town-read they're hammering is not 100% town. Therefore, in the circumstances (little time left and no other alternative lynching options apart from themselves) it's the optimal play.

Except that she was only at L-2 at that point, and with a train rolling on Doogal, there was no danger of her getting lynched. So the choice was much more-so between lynching someone you have a town-read on and sleeping. I hate just sleeping as much as the next guy, but I think the lynch play there was very far from optimal.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”