Micro 370: Gerrymander Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Post by Cabd »

No pagetop for you this time, maestro

Votecount 1-12

With 9 alive it will take 5 votes to lynch or no lynch.

Xayzeck (3): Brian Skies, Not_Mafia, Majiffy (L-2)
OkaPoka (2): Maestro, vettrock (L-3)
Not_Mafia (1): Xayzeck

Not voting (3): OkaPoka, EspeciallyTheLies Pirate Mollie

Page Count (Day): 21
Page Count (Total): 21

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-12 00:26:43)

Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Post by Maestro »

Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:29 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 484, Brian Skies wrote:The majority do want to lynch Oka, though.

huh?
GMT+8
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:30 pm

Post by Maestro »

s'true
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

My teacher keeps walking around lol
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 528, Maestro wrote:s'true

Then I'd imagine he'd already be lynched by now, no?
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 483, Majiffy wrote:the majority doesn't want to lynch Oka

This game is confusing lol
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

yeah NM replied me thanks I'll reply to that if I got time, just focusing on catching up first
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 497, pirate mollie wrote:I am not sure that vetty could be more town even if he tried.

I am not sure what exactly you're seeing that makes him obvtown to you
GMT+8
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Catching up... Again
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 497, pirate mollie wrote:I am not sure that vetty could be more town even if he tried.

ok nvm this has to wait for home, still halfway through M's wall there
GMT+8
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 534, OkaPoka wrote:Catching up... Again

shut up a whole lot of posts happened okay.
GMT+8
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:08 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 500, Maestro wrote:No... see this is how I know you either don't understand basic reading comprehension or are just being intentionally obtuse.

No. You see, this is my issue with you. You now know that he's a confirmed doublevoter. This doesn't confirm him as town by any means, but you haven't bothered to go back and look at what he's doing or the intent in what he's been saying. No, he probably isn't the greatest player, but he's told us this. Yet, for whatever reason, you keep putting him up as this guy who's pretending to be some scumhunting extraordinaire (which he hasn't been doing, and if you still think he is, then please, point it out, with quotes, because I think you're either still being blinded by your rage for whatever reason or you're full of shit and Majiffy is just sitting there adding fuel to the flame). And I'm going to break it down for you why I'm telling you that you aren't really looking at his slot with a clear picture:

11 This is his first RVS post. Nothing special. No one cares. But I do think this is an important focal point for what he does immediately after considering I completely ignored it and didn't bother to post in this game.
25 Vettrock moves his second vote to ETL. I don't know what the reason here is, but it's probably an OMGUS reaction to ETL voting him here. There could be a multitude of reasons for it, but maybe he just didn't like being voted, or he thought ETL could have been buddying Xay and giving him weird vibes. I don't know. But he obviously found something off about ETL's play so he decided to pressure her.
35 Okay, so he doesn't really have much to say. But he's already pressured two people up to this point, me (for who knows what reason that's probably RVS related) and ETL. I haven't come back and responded yet and there isn't much in the thread. "OMG THERE IS SO MUCH TO COMMENT ON THOUGH, HE HASN'T BEEN SCUMHUNTING!" NO! Fuck you and go back to Road to Rome if you think this. It's page 2, not everyone has really been contributing (I for one only made one RVS post and I haven't come back to post, which he brings up here) and some people don't develop reads as quickly as others or understand how to scumhunt as well. And looking at his join date, there could be an experience gap.
73 This is ETL's minicase against Vettrock, which I didn't feel any inclination to sheep because it was based on semantics and Not_Mafia pointed out it was probably playstyle related. She also complains that Vettrock was trying to "appear town" by reinforcing that he was scumhunting, when all he was doing was waiting for me to come back in and respond, which he already pointed out previously. He even reinforces that he only said that in response to ETL here.
114 This is Vettrock's first post after the discussion on Social Media ensues. He immediately brings up that it could be a town power but doesn't do anything to cause more nonsense in the thread regarding it. He does joke about it, but since when is joking scummy? He also brings up that he is unsure about ETL's push and brings up that while it could be opportunistic scum, he's considering that she's just misguided.
121 Vettrock immediately shoots down the idea of there being an SK in the game by providing evidence based on Cabd's provided rules. Xay brings up a question about Vettrock's lack of OMGUS'ing and Vettrock provides an okay explanation regarding it (ironically, he is kind of OMGUS'ing ETL, but according to what Xay just insinuated, this should be expected).
154 Apparently Vettrock still has me in mind and wonders where I've been. I find it a little strange that he forgot I posted considering he's been voting me since the RVS stage, but I think if he was really concerned about getting a read on me, the follow-up here towards the mod makes sense. Kind of. Maybe.
162 I come back and make a post here. I don't know what it is that he saw that he liked (probably me not feeling inclined to sheep ETL or who knows), but he doesn't think my two posts are scummy, says so, and moves his known public vote on ETL to double the pressure. If he's concerned about ETL, who's been pushing him as scum, this makes some sense.
179 This is Vettrock's response to getting called out on lack of scumhunting. He complains that most of the thread has revolved around what Social Media is (and I think you'd agree that a lot of the content up to this point had to do with that) so there's not much for him to look at except the case that's been thrown at him by ETL. And considering he already knows what the Social Media thing is because it belongs to him, I don't see an issue here. It's not like he's been trying to create chaos with his second vote or anything.
185 This is Vettrock explaining why he's voting ETL, which according to him, has to do with him thinking ETL's case is weak/opportunistic, as well as not liking getting voted for having an "awkward first post." It's a little OMGUSy, sure, but think about it from his POV first.
186 This is him outright claiming being a Doublevoter. No, he wasn't put at L-1, so his claim did come unprompted. No, I don't see why you have an issue with this when he's already pointed out that a lot of the content had to do with speculating what Social Media was and OkaPoka refusing to put him at L-1 just because of his second vote's existence.
189, 192, 199 This is him reinforcing that he's a confirmed Doublevoter. Sure, I can understand why you don't like the idea of him reinforcing the idea that he should be confirmed town because he isn't. Or maybe you don't think he deserves to think he's good enough bait to draw a NK despite him thinking the scum might want to. He isn't saying he's so extremely dangerous that scum should NK before anyone else. He's just saying he thinks scum might consider it at some point, especially if they think they can mislynch other people before him. Oh, also, he put his vote back on me. I don't know what the reason for this is, but considering I've only posted twice, I'm assuming he doesn't like me anymore and thinks I'm a scummy ass lurkfuck again.
201 This is your very first ragey post against him. And I can kind of understand why you'd be pissed off if you haven't gone back to look at what he's been doing this game because I almost missed all of it if I didn't go back and look at this game with the understanding that he was a DV. And a lot of his posting up to this point hasn't been very great, but I think you can see the intent in his ACTIONS, even if his words make him look scummy as shit. I'm not going to continue analyzing your "OMG why aren't you doing anything" argument against him because you pushed him with the belief that he hasn't been trying to develop reads (which is wrong as he was trying to develop one on me which I've already demonstrated) and he's going to push back with the belief that he's been doing stuff (this is subjective, but I think he has been).
220 The bottom part of this post is why I disagree with him thinking he's god and trying to play the part. He straight up tells us that he doesn't have confidence in his early reads. But he doesn't say to completely ignore them, just that he thinks they'd get better as the game goes on because they'll be based on more information than what he has access to on Day 1 where everyone is basically walking around in the dark. Oh, he reinforces this here in his rebuttal. He does vote you, but from his POV, he probably just thinks you're blatantly misrepping him and doesn't understand where you're coming from. He also brings me up again (like the dude seriously had a hard on for my inactivity, but it makes sense) and points out that we still haven't heard from Mollie.
235 These are his first reads. And while they do seem a little OMGUSy, you need to realize that he's been the focus of two attacks (and the only person really gaining a whole lot of heat up to this point), and he probably thinks he's been misrepped by both of them.
246 This is him pointing out that he's unsure of what Oka is actually agreeing with him about and the fact he says this before anyone else points it out means he wasn't just sheeping other people's sentiments. This shows an awareness and paranoia that I think town would typically have.
301 I'm skipping to the bottom of this post. Vettrock is clearly paying attention to the other slots. He is concerned about Oka possibly buddying him and states so. He also notices the sheeping by Xay and the countervoting by ETL/NM, points it out, but doesn't know what to make of it. He also thinks Mollie looks similar to a previous game where she was town. So it's not like he's not trying to develop reads (this was after the raging incident, but he's still making an effort).
305 Again with the call out on me. He also points out to Mollie that Oka never voted for her, clearing up a possible misunderstanding.
334 This is his direct response to me asking him about his reads. He thinks both Oka and Xay are scummy, but he doesn't think they're together based on their interactions with each other. He's also considering Xay has a role that is based on pagecount, something I considered but no one else brought up. This shows to me that he's still thinking about the game mechanics. You continue raging at him for who knows what reason, but it's obvious that Vettrock has been trying to offer his opinions in the thread, or at the very least, recently. So where is this rage coming from?
356 More reasoning on why he thinks Oka could be scum. He thinks he could be trying to stir the pot. He also offers his reads up to this point. ETL is no longer a scumread and Xay's moved in (but he already thought Xay was scummy previously for sheeping). He's still unsure on Xay and has him as his weakest scumread.
467 And this is him reinforcing that he still thinks Oka is scummier than Xay. Which, according to his previous posts, make sense. And he still hasn't said he's some scumhunting god, so where are you getting this from? The only think I can see you having an issue with is him saying he'd be okay with hammering Oka, who isn't even in hammer range. Sure, I can kind of see why you'd think he's trying to leverage his doublevote over us to protect Xay, except he can't? He probably just thinks Oka is scummier between the two.

So, once again Maestro, tell me how I'm not reading the thread or looking into what I've been reading. Because I honestly feel like Vettrock has been trying to do more than what you've been giving him credit for. And nowhere do I see him trying to pretend to be some scumhunting extraordinaire. I can see your issue with the posts following this one because he is dancing around his claim and what happened to his second vote, and it is antitown for him not to explicitly explain to us what's going on, but I still feel like you've been unjustly raging in his direction. Both you and Majiffy have berated him to the point where he already stated he'd give up his second vote this day phase. If you still feel like I'm wrong, then please point out why. But check your bullshit and rage at the door please.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:17 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 524, Maestro wrote:Either fullclaim or stop talking period - you're dancing around things that could help Town if we had more information about what the fuck is going on. You are being 100% antiTown by doing so.

Fine, in the interest of full disclosure, on Day 1, I lose my double vote when the number of pages exceeds 20. That happened, hence the trigger. There may be other power roles that are affected by the page count. Cabd indicated such already. If that is the case, the 20 number for day 1 may be a trigger for someone else as well. I suspect Xayzeck has some kind of role related to the page count, as that explains all of the double posting. We just have to decide if it is town or scum related. I will have my double-vote back on Day 2.

Yes, it was a little bit of a gambit with my declaration about not using my double vote on day 1, as I saw the page count about to go over 20.

Hopefully this helps town more than scum.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:21 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

So basically you decided that it would benefit yourself more if you just said I won't use the powers of double voting.

(The double posting is a computer error.)
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:24 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

Brian by any chance did you have a post restriction until a certain amount of pages?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Not that I'm aware of, no. I just don't typically put up high post count numbers.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:34 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 539, OkaPoka wrote:So basically you decided that it would benefit yourself more if you just said I won't use the powers of double voting.

(The double posting is a computer error.)

I wasn't planning on using the second vote to hammer. I knew that I was going to lose the ability to vote. I wasn't sure it was in my best interests to reveal the weaknesses of the role, as my assumption was that scum could take advantage of it more that town. I didn't know that Cabd would post the game trigger post, fueling another round of speculation. Given I don't want to generate another 20 page of speculation about the game trigger, I posted the reason I thought the for the game trigger.
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

The question to brian is because he is posting well and in good numbers.

Vett: I see
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't understand what my postcount has to do with anything.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:46 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

What in the goddamn fuck is 537....

Do you know what time it is?

It's time to figure out why ANYONE PLAYING SOLO would put that much effort (and formatting!) to knock down a case
on someone else
Art is cool.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Because Maestro is being a stronzo and I'm showing why his anger is misplaced.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

I feel like I should get a prize for actually reading the entire thing.

Brian, your interpretation is wrong on several points, but I am not going to put
that much
effort into this game. Maybe when I'm not mobile I'll pick out my favorites.

Jesus.
Art is cool.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:50 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I also don't like being called obtuse and illiterate.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:51 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Go ahead and tell me why. But I still think he at least attempted to build reads and pressure the people he was concerned about.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”