NFL Football Thread 2014

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

sorry peg, Oakland will still be last in the AFC west
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

tbf, McFadden and MJD could limp to the endzone a few times...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

p sure he was kidding but I do think KC lost some important pieces. but still not enough to tank. SD is middle of the pack but they have some really nice pieces, my only worry about Denver is that they will implode like the eagles did in 10 or whenever the had "the dream team".

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 34, Dr Pants wrote:I think they'll end up second in the NFC South to the Saints.

:eek:

I could see them finish last 'cause I think both the Saints and the Falcons are better and I feel pretty optimistic about TB

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #36 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:47 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 34, Dr Pants wrote:I think they'll end up second in the NFC South to the Saints.

:eek:

I could see them finish last 'cause I think both the Saints and the Falcons are better and I feel pretty optimistic about TB

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 37, Dr Pants wrote:Nah, the falcons have no D, and no running game. TB is allllll hype, I think every position group they have is worse than the Panthers.

Now MAAAYBEE Jackson is all out of gas but I think with a healthy Jones and White they can create some running opportunities. Their o-line was also terrible last year.

Also, TB has better wideouts and backs. Cam is the better QB but I don't think TB has such horrible quarterbacking that it negatively affect them. also Verner is a really good CB.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

With the bolded I was talking about Julio Jones and Roddy White.

You have my permission to draft Cam Newton.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Maybe as a bye week replacement or if a starter is injured.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #64 (isolation #8) » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Read an article today that said that the Rams season was over without Bradford. Don't really think that.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Shaun Hill is the backup and now starting QB

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (isolation #10) » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 77, AGar wrote:
In post 75, PJ. wrote:
In post 72, Thestatusquo wrote:Uhhhh. Have you seen their division?

Yes, I've been a seattle fan my whole life. Rams are better than you think.

They probably are, but the Cards, 49ers and Hawks are all better than the Rams.

cards and hawks yea but the 49ers offense hasn't been great in preseason (which prob means very little) but several of the defense stars are out so....

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF his 4 year contract that he (Gordon) signed is '12 was $5.342 million contract. He gets $825,604 (+ $50,000 workout bonus) $3.8 million was guaranteed -- a $2.324 million signing bonus.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #12) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

packers win tonight

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:06 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't condone Domestic Violence but I really feel like this Ray Rice thing is getting blown way out of proportion.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think Norv Turner is just awful. Like I felt the Vikes were running the ball well but then they started passing it for F all reason.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (isolation #15) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:32 am

Post by Nero Cain »

well, call me crazy but I think running the ball does work better when your QB can't pass.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 426, Rob14 wrote:you should run the ball more if you have an unusually good QB and pass the ball more if you have an unusually good RB

'cause defenses would stack the box with a good rb and play more pass defense against a good qb?

eh. I think balance is the best way to go but playing to the defenses weakness also seems the best.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1324 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 19, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Clearly, I am drafting Tebow this year.

Return to “General Discussion”