4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #74 (isolation #0) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by 4burner »

Hey all.

Sala is interesting with that opening. I'm inclined to see where it goes. Mason, unknown ability, and more point me toward leaning town, there. Too bold on day one for scum-ruse, my gut says.

NS, Friday, Nata - all leaning town for me.

Aronis and Reinoe are standing out, for points already made. Aronis for flinging woo without putting a vote up with it, Reinoe for weirdness. In addition, if Sala's ability is somehow linked to a post restriction, I'd wager that nobody would START the game with one in place.

Unless Sala, you have something that might contradict that?

Everyone else is pretty much not on my radar at the moment. Still getting a feel for names and whatnot. VI hasn't been overly scummy from what I can tell?

VOTE: ARONIS
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #75 (isolation #1) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:50 pm

Post by 4burner »

Also Mala voting on Titus (RVS from what I can tell) but calling out NS as scum? Why not move the vote if this is your only lead, so far?

Ping.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:48 pm

Post by 4burner »

Righto then. So I'm scum trying to sound newbtown?

Based on ...what exactly?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by 4burner »

In post 119, notscience wrote:
In post 74, 4burner wrote:Hey all.

Sala is interesting with that opening. I'm inclined to see where it goes. Mason, unknown ability, and more point me toward leaning town, there. Too bold on day one for scum-ruse, my gut says.

The yodatalk here. And the bit about the mason- "Mason claim makes me lean town" I'm sorry, what?

Absolutely 0 reason to be. At this point in time none of Nti/Titus/Mala have stated a townread on me (arguably the people here in the best position to read me, yet I'm leaning town for what? Trying to guess my fate? It looks like he's just handing out townreads.

Aronis and Reinoe are standing out, for points already made. Aronis for flinging woo without putting a vote up with it, Reinoe for weirdness. In addition, if Sala's ability is somehow linked to a post restriction, I'd wager that nobody would START the game with one in place.

He has a seperate section for people who stand out. One is a leanscum, one is a "lolwut is he doing" read. It looks like he's trying to keep busy.

And now he starts fishing, even though he has no reason to be.

Everyone else is pretty much not on my radar at the moment. Still getting a feel for names and whatnot. VI hasn't been overly scummy from what I can tell?

I don't get why he targets Vi specifically here. But at the same time, it irks me.

pedit-

K, reinoe is town.

Dear lord, 3 posts and I'm at what, L-1?

Responding to this before I do a proper read through.

1) "Yoda talk" - I talk like that. "Mason claim, wha?" - The Mason claim, in addition to the fact that Sala is in my hood, IN ADDITION to the post restriction thing has all, in summation, got me leaning town on Sala. I don't understand why that is so hard to understand.

2) "Handing out town reads", and other people's reads on you - I don't really care about other peeps reads, I had you leaning town for not making any anti-town moves for the first 3 pages. You were contributing and scumhunting, ergo town read. Same with Friday and Nata.

3) "Looks like I'm trying to keep busy" - I'm actually being busy. Those two names (Aronis and Reinoe) were my leads at that stage, again after 3 pages I'll add, so I called em on it, and voted accordingly. As it stands, I believe Sala cleared Reinoe as I skimmed the last few pages, and I haven't seen much to clear Aronis, so my vote stands.

4) "Fishing at Sala" - Not fishing. It was already known he had something special going on, more than likely in regards to a post restriction. Of all the people in thread, taking part at that point, Sala was the one could mitigate a false read. I wasn't asking for information, merely a clearance or a yay/nay, which by the way, we got a Nay a few pages on.

5) "Tagetting Vi" - Vi was an established topic of discussion. I was putting my thoughts regarding the Vi situation out there, re: scummy or not. I didn't really have a feel, and said so.

Now I'll go back and read through properly, if I'm not already hammered, but thought that warranted a response. I'm trying to keep my OMGUS in check over here, because I'm a little bit like 'woah' at how rapidly out of control this has gotten after 3 posts.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (isolation #4) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by 4burner »

For what it's worth, I'm Vanilla Town, in a hood with Sala and some others.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:10 pm

Post by 4burner »

1. Well, I didn't realise it was a joke. It didn't read like a joke. My bad. With scum probably in each hood, I didn't think having a Mason connection outside of it would be all that strange, but there you go.

2. I don't know that's normal. But your reaction to her posts, and again, lack of any hindering play had me leaning town. Note that a town-lean is not at all a "I think definately town."

3. Not a clearance, poor choice of word on my part, but I wasn't fishing. I was asking if you had info regarding Reinoe, or at least the situation, and it seems as though yes, you do/did. Not specifically about him, but the situation with the post restrictions.

4. -

5. Vi was in parts active and stood out for me. In the 3 pages worth of discussion, your question about her stood out as a point of interest. You're a big influence on this game, I thought opinions on Vi mattered, so I commented.

Regarding the edit, No, I wouldn't do that, and thus didn't. I am the King of Hearts, Vanilla Town, in our hood.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:44 pm

Post by 4burner »

Anyway reads before I get hammered, most likely.

Aronis: Very quiet, didn't vote on his hunch, leaning scum.
Vi: Jumped on my wagon with little comment, but no real ping here. Active enough, prodding enough. Neutral/Town.
Mala: Calls NS as scum, didn't vote accordingly. Then voted when called on it. Since gone to ground and letting my wagon build. Leaning scum.
Hiplop: Absent.
Konowa: Not much to read here. Finding feet, been away, no real read. Didn't come and hammer, so that's a plus.
Rack: Very quiet, misguided/malconstructed Wagon commentary, leaning scum.
Katsuki: Absent? Didn't notice a post on the read through.
Fridays: Active and scumhunting. Neutral/Town.
Nati: "For Justice" takes me to 4 votes. Has asked some questions. Neutral read.
Skull: Active, scumhunting, Town read.
Sala: Town.
MattP: Very quietly joined my wagon taking me to 3 votes, making it somewhat serious. A little prodding here and there, but nothing major. Middle of the road.
Marquis: not here.
4burner: Vanilla Town, King of Hearts
NS: Finds a 'scumslip' in my posts. Prodding others to join. Reveals members of own hood to do so. Leaning scum, but trying to figure out if that's OMGUS on my side of things.
Titus: Poking and prodding. Town read.
Reinoe: Post Restriction. Not a solvable puzzle at this stage, for me.

SALA: Consider when I flip town, your actions. I'm quite sure someone in our hood is scum, and remember that flavour tells are pretty much null in this game, RE: 3 Alice's. If there's one PR and one Scum per hood, and it isn't you or I...

Anyway, candidates for me are Mala, Rack, and Aronis, from least to most scummy, all for being inconsistent with opinions and voting. Rack and Mala are on NS, which is also intriguing for later once some flips ...flip.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (isolation #7) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by 4burner »

And I've just realised Le Cupcake is fucking Katsuki. Dear god this alt shit is killing me.

Le Cupcake so far has been prodding a bit, but not really typing anything more than a sentance at a time. Not a huge effort in, and didn't take much convincing to join my train after being initially confused by the reasoning.

Neutral/Scum lean.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by 4burner »

Mala I could get behind NS having some pressure thrown on. Quite a push for my wagon. And taking a look at your posts in isolation is... interesting. Not in the same category as Rack and Aronis, that is for certain. I may have been hasty with you.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (isolation #9) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:03 pm

Post by 4burner »

I don't believe I am. What is the vibe on NS whilst I read back?

I think the case on me is a little contrived. And quite a hard push for it given the 'evidence' at hand. But a lot of peeps seem to believe it so *shrug*

As far as I can tell I'm being voted for talking strange, and apparently guessing a hood. I was just naming the active players at the time, which happened to all be in NS's hood. I don't really think NS needed to out said hood, either.

And, a distraction from an impending Town lynch? Sounds good to me.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #10) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:04 pm

Post by 4burner »

Cupcake, why me? I'd like to hear the reasons as nobody has really given me very many good ones.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (isolation #11) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:09 pm

Post by 4burner »

I was just calling it as I read through. I understand people have lives, and it wasn't on you to stop my wagon. It was just fact that you weren't here to stop it and so I mentioned it.

If you have a good ability to read NS, and consensus agrees, I'm inclined to go along with it. I think my wagon has been pushed quite a bit, and mostly it is at NS's door. When I flip town, it will be curious to watch the reaction.

I can't comment on the last. What I can reiterate is that if I make a false read, I'm going to own it, not try and backtrack or bullshit an excuse to keep pushing it. Now that I can actually talk to you and discuss your motivations etc, your earlier actions appear less scum-like. The glorious hindsight. She's marvelous.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #12) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:10 pm

Post by 4burner »

Cupcake: Super helpful.

L-1, I believe?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (isolation #13) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by 4burner »

This is just hazing the new kid. I get it.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #14) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:26 pm

Post by 4burner »

Oh look, a distraction. :P

Cupcake I still don't know why you have your vote on me.

Same goes for most of the wagon, to be fair.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (isolation #15) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:47 pm

Post by 4burner »

@Konowa, and everyone else I guess.

I have a spreadsheet with everyone's names on it. So when I'm reading back I focus on one name at a time. When I got to the end and saw Cupcake posts, I was like wtf? Then it clicked what was going on. Process of elimination.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Post by 4burner »

My hood had no chat pregame, if that helps.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #349 (isolation #17) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:15 pm

Post by 4burner »

Disbanding? I'm still at L-2 with plenty of folks not checked in much. I'm assuming I'll be hammered within a few hours.

NS, Reinoe, Cupcake - as far as I can tell I'm being voted for talking like I do, and guessing NS's hood. What else?

Also, if I knew the hood, why would I reveal that info if I were scum? If I knew who was in what hood, that's information I could have used later on in the game to much greater effect than some random linking in an early (page 3...) opinion post.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #352 (isolation #18) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by 4burner »

They were in the readlist because they were the active players at the time. I don't know what else to tell you in regards to that.

What other reasons do you have?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #19) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by 4burner »

Take the blinkers off for a moment.

IF I was indeed scum; Would I really list all the players on a Hood to reveal that scum know who is on what Hoods? There's no day-chat, which lends me to believe no pre-chat either. I'm new around these parts though, but afaik, it's pretty a rare occurrence. So if there's no pre-chat, and I'm not on the Hood, how would I know?

Let's say there IS pre-chat, and as scum, I knew who is on what Hood thanks to any scum buddies who might be in your Hood. It would be incredibly stupid of me to link all those players in the one post not to mention in my first post. As scum, I would be combing my posts for any bit of info, being extremely cautious to not give anything away. I get that it's called a slip for a reason, but that is just ridiculous. And what reason would I have for singling out YOUR hood? Why would YOUR hood be in my subconscious over... anyone else's?

These were the active players at the time. It just so happens they all happen to be in your Hood.

I can understand that you think you've found some glaring error. But take away the purported scum-slip, and what ELSE do you have?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #20) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:39 pm

Post by 4burner »

We all understand what a slip is. You've also described it earlier in the thread.

I'm still not seeing any other reason bar "OMG scum slip" when the slip in question is incredibly tenuous.

Humour me for a moment. When I flip town, what is your next move? Because the crowds will be after you for how vociferously you've come after me.

We're the Court of Hearts. WE have the King and Queen (Myself and Sala, resp.). How does this make no sense?

Also @Cupcake - what am I revealing? bar the name of my hood, above. Why are you against more information? If I'm prone to slipping, makes sense to keep me talking, eh?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (isolation #21) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by 4burner »

NS - Your blinkers are not helping town. Try to hold more than one viewpoint at a time.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (isolation #22) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:43 pm

Post by 4burner »

And for what it is worth, I'm new HERE. I'm not new to mafia.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (isolation #23) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:50 pm

Post by 4burner »

Why would you do that? How about contingency plans? How about thinking for more than one day at a time? You are wrong. Start thinking of how to clean this mess up.

And confirmed you as town? Not at all.

If you are indeed town, your extreme focus on me is going to get you lynched next when I flip, which is 2 town down.
If you are scum, you are going to cop some severe pressure tomorrow for running this little thing, which makes me think you aren't. It's not in my book to play so severe as scum, but maybe that's the best smokescreen.

Either way, you are not helping town. Open your eyes a little. Or keep a narrow focus on me, and achieve nothing.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (isolation #24) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:03 pm

Post by 4burner »

Looking at my post with the 'slip';

I mention these people, with the following post counts:

Sala - 13
NS - 13
Friday - 8
Nata - 3
Aronis - 3
Reinoe - 3
Vi - 4

7 people, from 15. Of the 8 I left off:

Mala - 6 - Nothing impactful warranting a read.
Titus - 3 - Nothing impactful warranting a read.
Cupcake - 2 - Nothing impactful warranting a read.
Rack - 1 - etc
Skull -4 - etc
Marquis - 1 - etc
Jiplop - 1 - etc
Konowa - 1 - etc

I commented on those who had had an impact on the game at the time. It is merely coincidence that your Hood happened to be the most active in those first 3 pages, and by active I mean post count or interesting content.

@Cupcake - Two games a precedent does not make. I'm all for a quick lynch when it's called for, but you have to admit the wagon on me is not built on solid foundations.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (isolation #25) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by 4burner »

Cupcake can I ask your thoughts on NS when I flip town?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #26) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:14 pm

Post by 4burner »

Cool. Super helpful.

I'm just saying, I will flip town. I don't know what else I can do to avoid my lynch at this point in time, so prepare yourself for tomorrow. Believe I'm scum all you want today. But plan for the alternative.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (isolation #27) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by 4burner »

Reinoe who said that?

And so much fluff. Way to just ignore all my arguments, Cupcake and NS.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:38 pm

Post by 4burner »

Sala, you seem less blinded. What's your case on me?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:40 pm

Post by 4burner »

Ok. I'm sure you can appreciate my slight apprehension, however.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #431 (isolation #30) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:59 pm

Post by 4burner »

In post 425, notscience wrote:
Spoiler: I forgot titus is also in this neighborhood, misread my role pm
Titus idk why mala's ignoring my reach out :/

pedit god damnit she just did it again

So... I didn't actually mention everyone in your Hood, then? Or am I missing something here.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #31) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:03 pm

Post by 4burner »

Gotcha. Count me in? :P
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #32) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:09 pm

Post by 4burner »

He said I was near-confirmed scum at some point earlier. I'd certainly like to hear how that came about.

But I'm not reading Sala as scum. I just can't see it. I think we've all been mightily distracted whilst the scummers are sidelining it. Check the quiet ones on my wagon.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #33) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Post by 4burner »

My wagon as it stands:

NotScience, MattP, Nati, Reinoe, sala, Cupcake, Konowa

NS has his reasons.
Sala claims he has reasons.
Cupcake... kinda has reasons, though none that I've really believed if that makes sense.
Nati I'm really unsure of. I'm just getting scrambled signals there.

MattP, Reinoe, Konowa all very quietly joined my wagon, and haven't really taken part in the game since. Reinoe was on my scumlist early for the potential restriction shennanigans, but I'd like to see more from that play out before lynching.

Gut is with Aronis still, who is conspicuously not on this wagon, or MattP or Konowa at this stage.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #34) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Post by 4burner »

Sala, a hunch and some theory is not exactly the strongest case :\

As I've stated, and posted the numbers, the people I spoke about were active in thread at the time. What do you think is more likely;

Site newb, unfamiliar with names, rolling mafia, and subconsciously picking a complete hood to link together.
Or
Site newb, rolling town and posting as the thread activity dictates.

This entire case is built on the assumption that I subconsciously picked names I was familiar with. I don't subconsciously pick anything I talk about here, the people I mention are mentioned for the reasons I give. Nobody else at the time warranted discussion, ergo they weren't picked to be discussed by me. It just so happens that of the 7 people I picked, 4 of them are apparently in a Hood. I don't find that all that much of a stretch when looking at the numbers and what actually took place those first 3 pages.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #35) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by 4burner »

So Reinoe's case, quote by quote;

1) not even sure what he's getting at here. I don't have a read on Vi, Vi was mentioned/questioned by Sala, I commented.

2) A distraction? You mean, trying to look at potential scum on my wagon when I know I'm VT? Should I just roll over and take it, which is the alternative?

3) Hazing the new kid - You think, as a site newb, I've gone digging through thousands of games specifically to quote or some such? For what purpose? Hazing the new kid is a pretty common phrase. Or, is the phrase itself somehow inherently scummy? Because you flipped scum in a game where you happened to use the same phrase? Tenuous, at best.

4) I don't know how to comment on this. I've given the numbers and my reasoning. Either you accept it or you don't, and it seems like you've landed on the don't side of that choice.

@Sala - See point 3, I believe.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (isolation #36) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Post by 4burner »

Why Vi?

I'll go read back.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (isolation #37) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Post by 4burner »

Ok looking back at Vi's play.

Starts with an Aronis vote
Claims is not really around at the moment (State of Vixestence something something)
Slight prod at Friday

Wagons onto 4burner, with not much hullabaloo. This is after accepting Friday's vetting of Aronis. (This is an ongoing theme of readily given trust...)
Then states that she wants to believe that NS is reaching on me, but that the "Vote stands"
Calls out NS for the reached case, but still followed it onto voting for me.
Very accepting of people's meta-play, and people's opinions of other's meta-play.
Vote is then removed, and placed onto NS with odd reasoning. (For sheeping Mala. Not you know, inventing cases on me)

That's a pretty haphazard sequence, with some strange reasoning behind it that I don't particularly understand.

Aronis isn't on the cards today it seems, so...

Unvote, Vote Vi
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (isolation #38) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:23 pm

Post by 4burner »

@FRIDAY - Have you seen my post-count breakdown for the first 3 pages? Just curious.

And if I had the knowledge dear god why would I share it?
And if I was scum in my hood, at L-1 would I not have been sure to reveal the rest of said Hood to my scumbuddies?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (isolation #39) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:36 pm

Post by 4burner »

It's because it's the worst supposed scumslip ever.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (isolation #40) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by 4burner »

Um?

I've voted Aronis for not following his logic, and stayed on it until Vi offered an alternative since Aronis wasn't going to achieve a lynch. The Vi lynch, there's enough faulty reasoning there for me to get behind it, so I moved onto him.

Some pattern?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #41) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by 4burner »

What parts of my play, if I can ask? You never really engaged with me when I asked why you are voting me, but you push it very hard.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (isolation #42) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:43 pm

Post by 4burner »

And I'd say the stall is because all the scum that are going to join are on it, and now town doesn't want to rush in and miss-lynch a townie.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (isolation #43) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:48 pm

Post by 4burner »

The above is fair enough. I don't think a lot can be read into the stall either way. I'd like to believe I'm saving a townie ass though, ie mine.

And I don't want to argue. I just want to know why you think I'm scummy. Reasons are not too much to ask, surely? Kinda the whole point of the game.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (isolation #44) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by 4burner »

@Cupcake - Righto. My old haunts were pretty um... negative toward non-cased out voting, but a few people could get away with it via reputation alone. I'll chalk this up to that and move on. I would like to hear it though, because holy shit, my first game here, as VT, and I get run to L-2 after 3 posts. I could do with some tips, apparently.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (isolation #45) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by 4burner »

In post 524, Aronis wrote:
In post 522, 4burner wrote:@Cupcake - Righto. My old haunts were pretty um... negative toward non-cased out voting, but a few people could get away with it via reputation alone. I'll chalk this up to that and move on. I would like to hear it though, because holy shit, my first game here, as VT, and I get run to L-2 after 3 posts. I could do with some tips, apparently.

Tip: [Ik you cant help this, so blame the mod] But be town next time.

The wit. It is formidable.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (isolation #46) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:24 pm

Post by 4burner »

^ Did notice that. Was wondering if Aronis is legit on his scumread on me, or just throwing it around.

Because you can't vote NS and think I'm scum at this point, I'd say.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (isolation #47) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by 4burner »

Because?

Wait lemme guess...

"You're scum."

Good talk.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (isolation #48) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Post by 4burner »

Reasons would be nice, is what I'm getting at.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (isolation #49) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:18 pm

Post by 4burner »

I'm pretty sure I'm L-3.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (isolation #50) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by 4burner »

I've done plenty of talking. I've gone over and over at how the people I mentioned were the active participants in the game at the time of the list. If you believe that's a scumslip, then not much I can do to dissuade anyone of that notion.

What I would like acknowledged is the small fact that if I was indeed scum, my best play would be to out my fellow Hood peeps at L-1, which I did not do. I've not even given numbers or anything bar the name when asked.

This scumslip is, again, tenuous at best.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (isolation #51) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:40 pm

Post by 4burner »

Also @Sala, if I'm near confirmed scum as you mentioned earlier, why the hesitation to vote me? Or has that changed?

Realise I'm baiting the vote here, but somethings obviously altered your opinion somewhat.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (isolation #52) » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Post by 4burner »

NS did indeed say more than the scumslip. But the scumslip is all anyone wants to talk about so what's a boy to do?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #562 (isolation #53) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:30 am

Post by 4burner »

In post 119, notscience wrote:
In post 74, 4burner wrote:Hey all.

The yodatalk here. And the bit about the mason- "Mason claim makes me lean town" I'm sorry, what?

Absolutely 0 reason to be. At this point in time none of Nti/Titus/Mala have stated a townread on me (arguably the people here in the best position to read me, yet I'm leaning town for what? Trying to guess my fate? It looks like he's just handing out townreads.

He has a seperate section for people who stand out. One is a leanscum, one is a "lolwut is he doing" read. It looks like he's trying to keep busy.

And now he starts fishing, even though he has no reason to be.

I don't get why he targets Vi specifically here. But at the same time, it irks me.

pedit-

K, reinoe is town.

The case on me, for reference, outside of the 'scumslip'. Look at how much of this is pure ...nothing.

Point 1- Nothing. Just confusion.
Point 2- Asking about my reasons for leaning town on him, claiming some meta reasons that other's don't have town reads on him, so I shouldn't. I'd like at this point to remind peeps this is my first game here, your meta is dust and waffle to me. I'm now being accused of 'handing out town reads', by the way, to a very select crew.
Point 3- I hand out my scumreads, and get accused of 'looking busy'. I'm really not sure what I'm meant to do here. Just not say anything? Basically I'm scum for pointing out my scumreads.
Point 4- Accusation of fishing. Clearly not fishing. Sala has info regarding post restrictions, and there was a pr in play that could use some clarification. I wasn't asking for any information beyond helping clear someone's name.
Point 5- He doesn't know why I mention Vi, yet just blanket doesn't like it.

SO if you think I'm mafia;

You believe I knew of the Hood pre-game. That implies pre-chat, or day chat, the later of which has been ruled out. You must also believe I'm stupid enough to reveal this information in my very first post. Also you might go along with all that I've typed and quoted above.

If I'm town;

I just happened to comment on the active players at the time of posting. 3/7 I mentioned are apparently in this Hood, out of a pool of 15, half of which had 3 or less posts at the time. See my post #396 for my breakdown. I talked about 50% of the active player pool roughly, so on a name by name basis that's 50% chance of being mentioned. And you can at least see that the case on me, again above, is a little reach-y.

Anyway, moving on to some reads because it's my bedtime soon and I might be dead.

Sala: Big moves with the role and generally getting involved. I like Sala, but at the same time there are things that confuse me.
Town vibes: Bold play for a scum. Seems on the up with the role. Generally listens to logic and such.
Mafia vibes: Hasn't addressed my question regarding how he had me "nearly confirmed scum" earlier. Flipped onto my wagon after being pretty resolute in not doing it. Hesitating to rejoin it despite the 'nearly confirmed scum' comment.

Totally brilliant scum, or undetermined skill town.

Both Muffins and NS have been pushing my lynch hard, now seem slightly lost as it's not gone through yet. I'm wondering just how bold they'd be, ie as scum, would they go this far? And push this hard? The NS case on me is a total reach, and I'm starting to lean scum, but I need to wait for OMGUS to die down before I make any firm statements regarding that.

Mala and Vi confuse the shit out of me. Mala I'm just getting a blank, Vi I'm really just not following for some reason. It's all in English, it's just not sinking in. It's been quite a day. The hostility in some posts are probably putting me off a little too. I'm a gentleman, fuck ya.

Titus and Skull I like. Both pushing and prodding, asking questions, not being afraid. Town reads for them.

Aronis has been inconsistant. Pinged early, subdued a little, re-pinged with his non-vote of me until called on it. Leaning scum.

Rack is pinging scum. Nonsensical posts of little content. Maybe too pinging, though, like, just anti-town sentiment as opposed to scum. Either way, entirely not helpful.

Friday and Konowa I'm leaning town, but both were seemingly easily convinced of the 4burner train. Nothing major standing out here anyway.

MattP is the same as above but more neutral lean, rather than town lean.

Reinoe is an unknown at this point. Until more talking happens tomorrow, not something that can be pursued today.

Marquis and hiplop are both too low in the post count to get any opinion on.

SO where does that leave us?

My candidates are:

NS, for the flimsy case and the vitriolic push onto it.
Muffins for the pushing, and the unwilling to engage factor.
Aronis for the inconsistencies, both early game and recent.
Vi for the inconsistencies that I've seen and the large ball of fuzz that appears in my brain when I try and read through. Plus the name calling.

AS it stands I'm so confused I have to take a step back.

UNVOTE

If I'm not dead in the morning, I'll come back with fresh eyes and a fresh heart, and take a looksie at what the haps are.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #633 (isolation #54) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:34 am

Post by 4burner »

In post 619, notscience wrote:In a list of 6 people in an early game readslist, 3 of them are conveniently in a hood together?

Or, he heard about the hood from his scumbuddy (Let's just call this scumbuddy Vi, shall we?) And then when he makes a readslist, he recognized those names from his qt and subconciously slipped it in

It's the flandre slip from last borkgame

I mentioned 7 people. Get your facts correct please this is my life we are talking about here.

In post 622, Konowa wrote:I am not so sure that that is a slip, but the post in question comes off incredibly forced.

Meaning it reads as if he knows they are town and he is trying to invent reasons for why they are town.

I gave reasons for Sala and no one else. So, not sure what you are picking up here.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (isolation #55) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:43 am

Post by 4burner »

I'll accept awkward. But if you care to check the first 3 pages I feel like those are the exact people who warranted comment. I'm getting strung up because a hood happens to all be active.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (isolation #56) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by 4burner »

In post 638, Salamence20 wrote:Again, Vi wasnt a topic of discussion.

Unless you played with her and know her meta.

Vi was questioned. I was weighing in. Not a major issue at all, no, but in the first 3 pages it stood out as important to me. More important than anything going on with Cupcake/Nati/Mala.

This has all been spoken about at length already. Either you believe it's a slip or not. I don't want to keep hammering my defense and making the thread impossible to read/catch up on. I did a big ol' post one or two pages back. Unless there's some specific questions to me, I'm going to try and stay quiet. What bugs me is that nobody seems inclined to enter into a dialogue. The amount of 'lol nah your scum' I've got is... annoying.

But as was mentioned earlier, don't play the victim, just play the game.

NS/Cupcakes I'm wary of, but gut says no purely based on the strength of the push.
Vi I'm just confused about and would probably need another day or so of interaction to get a proper read.
Aronis is still hanging around my scumlist because of his NS/4burner vote switch, and early game vote-witholding when he called ...someone out. I've forgotten who. He didn't follow his words with a vote, essentially.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (isolation #57) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:40 pm

Post by 4burner »

Leaning town. Not saying "def town", but leaning town, yes. Gut and that brief analysis pointed me there.

From memory, Nati was not doing a whole lot, but not coming off as suspicious. Not hindering town, at any rate. Vi had some questioning and I commented.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (isolation #58) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by 4burner »

In post 658, Konowa wrote:
In post 656, Salamence20 wrote:But why!?
This is what I am trying to understand.

In post 14, Natirasha wrote:VOTE: Natirasha

I almost ignored my normal rule though.
In post 51, Natirasha wrote:
In post 38, Vi wrote:D :D :?

Vote: Aronis
(L-8)

You
do
exist!
What in your gut/brief analysis says this is town?

Townish. Not trying to play games, not hindering, not playing with fear. Also the bus post rejoinder. Was obviously watching the thread and content to see what happens, which didn't strike me as particularly scummy. Ergo, townish vibes.

In post 659, Konowa wrote:I almost feel whip/dead horse at this point.

Agreed.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #665 (isolation #59) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by 4burner »

...?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #672 (isolation #60) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by 4burner »

@Skull-

I was a little butthurt when exclaiming "Town will avenge me!" What I'm really getting at, is that when I flip town it won't look good on NS or Cupcakes for pushing my lynch so hard. But I think it's come full circle and now it's a case of "scum wouldn't dare push so hard". Which is wifom in itself, really.

As to the second, I am Vanilla Town. I'm sure there are other VT's in a Hood with the same role, but I wouldn't ask any who aren't already outed to come forward and second that. Sala, the only other one in my hood, is Roled and in the hood, so I'm not so sure he will be able to help, here.

P-Edit Mala sorry, what question?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #674 (isolation #61) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:26 pm

Post by 4burner »

Is Rogue someone's alt?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (isolation #62) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:28 pm

Post by 4burner »

hiplop that was... interesting.

L-1 :\
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #682 (isolation #63) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Post by 4burner »

I don't think I called you hostile. I called Vi hostile. I did reference you both in the same sentence though, so apologies.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (isolation #64) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by 4burner »

@MOD - Was any chat open pre-game?

Worth a shot. Can't honestly believe I haven't tried to ask this yet either.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (isolation #65) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:33 pm

Post by 4burner »

Sorry Mala let me look. This was the write up a few pages ago, yeah?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (isolation #66) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:35 pm

Post by 4burner »

Well, it's all I have left, really. And could you imagine if he said no?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (isolation #67) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by 4burner »

@Mala - This?

"Mala and Vi confuse the shit out of me. Mala I'm just getting a blank, Vi I'm really just not following for some reason. It's all in English, it's just not sinking in. It's been quite a day. The hostility in some posts are probably putting me off a little too. I'm a gentleman, fuck ya."

Because yeah, only meant to include Vi as being name-cally and such. I haven't seen that from you. The second half of that sentence is all Vi.

@Sala - Thank you. This is why your either town or super amazing mafia.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #704 (isolation #68) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by 4burner »

Thanks mod.

/sarcasm
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #707 (isolation #69) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by 4burner »

Both?

Probably Hiplop. Konowa just reads as frustrated but bloodthirsty town.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #712 (isolation #70) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by 4burner »

In post 709, Le Cupcake wrote:
In post 708, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 707, 4burner wrote:Both?

Probably Hiplop. Konowa just reads as frustrated but bloodthirsty town.

How expierenced are you?

I ask because that sounded like a scum answer for reasons that arent important.

What makes you say that?

Seconded. Why did that read scum?

And I dunno. 15-20 games in total. This is my first game in about a year, though.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #726 (isolation #71) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:56 pm

Post by 4burner »

@Vi -

I've stated it before.

Rack is a good candidate for just playing a non-helpful-to-town game.
Vi and Mala I'm wholly unsure of at this point.
Cupcake and NS are probably pushing too hard for scum.
Skull and Titus I like as town.
Marquis I haven't seen enough of.

If I had to pull 3/4/5 names out - Aronis, Rack, MattP, and then Vi with uncertainty, and a member of my Hood who I won't reveal because there's probs one in there, and I don't think it's Sala, and it's def not me.

p-edit also give me time, I'm at work :P

And no, rage is not my style. I'm not entirely certain at the reasoning behind Sala's question either, but yeah. Answered it as best as I can.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #731 (isolation #72) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Post by 4burner »

In post 727, Salamence20 wrote:Wrong. You stated both. We both know it cant be both (I mean 90% sure it cant).

The fact that you said that instead of giving me a stated answer makes me think that you're actually caught scum

Both is there because both have been lurky and not exactly hugely talkative. I'd go hiplop due to his recent posts. And what's your reasoning for my quote = caught scum? Because I had no firm opinion? I've been watching both. not a whole lot to watch.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (isolation #73) » Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:03 pm

Post by 4burner »

L-1?

And I'm not revealing my hood in case there are NO scum in it.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1501 (isolation #74) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by 4burner »

My favorite part was making half of my wagon feel bad for being on it :D

This game was a crazy introduction to MS mafia. Thanks all, and FakeGod for having me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”