Micro 376: Chosen Mafia - Game Over = Perfect Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:38 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

TSO - my intention was never to insult you but I am having a really hard time understanding what your confusion is and I don't know how else to explain it any better.

p-edit:
In post 223, Lying Cat wrote:the playerlist. Like, half my ideal micro is in three slots.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!??!

Votecount 1.9:

Josh_B - [2] - Guilty Gunsmith, T S O
T S O - [2] - ZZZX, BlueBloodedToffee
ZZZX - [1] - Corrino

Not voting - [4] - awestfie, Flubbernugget, Josh_B, Heartless

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-25 14:39:13)
Last edited by Wickedestjr on Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Art is cool.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:43 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 221, T S O wrote:
In post 215, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Whoa, what is going on here? Since when was I defending JB?

Since you came in and attacked me straight after I had began to attack him.

Since I came in and attacked you over making a bad vote. Fixed that for you.

In post 221, T S O wrote:Clearly, if you felt JB was a good vote, you would not have done this.
You don't have an opinion on JB, or on anyone, but you're still trying to tell me it was a bad vote.
That's absolutely disgusting logic.

How is it? I have explained why it was a bad vote, it was
the situation and the circumstances
in which you voted that I had a problem with. Not the person you voted for.

In post 221, T S O wrote:Yeah, I'm not going to let you pull this either.
There is no proof that you would have done this, other than your word.

I mean, I don't know how I can make this any more clear. Do you see the stuff I bolded? Do you see how it may be relevant to what you're saying here? Do you see how I can't go back in time (edit) my posts to make it look this way in light of what you're accusing me of?

The proof is right fucking there. In
big, black bold letters

In post 221, T S O wrote:This is why, in my opinion, you either can't read or haven't done so yet. I explained this to you before but you managed to miss it. Let's try again.

I did not "feel the need to vote within those three choices." I already had a scumread on Josh. This is documented. This was not a "best of bad choices" pick. This was me, at the time, picking my #1 scumread, and voting him. I was not voting within a group of choices.
I was voting a scumread.
Do you understand this complicated statement?

OK. So you were scum-reading me and JB and you just happened to vote within the lynch pool offered as opposed to somebody else outside of the pool. I guess if he was your '#1' scumread at the time that's a good reason.
If

Why did you not vote for JB before you were offered this lynch pool of players?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:46 am

Spoiler: Time of Vote
In post 138, T S O wrote:Aren't you still calling me scum?

I mean, I don't think a Flubber-TSO team is -at all- likely, but you seem to think it is.

In post 139, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:JoshB, ZZZX, and Flubber are the scums.

I will vote within these 3. Im hijacking this hydra for now.

Can people voting elsewhere move to one of these? Thank you.

In post 140, T S O wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Josh_B

I don't really see the other two.

3 consecutive posts. All within 5 minutes. With no further posting from JB. You could have voted in 138 if you thought he was scum. But you did it in 140.

The timing and nature of this vote is truly awful.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Lying Cat »

Yeah that's not really scummy. At all.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:51 am

Post by Lying Cat »

Like, I see where you're coming from but your conclusions don't hold any water. How do you feel about people who are not TSO?
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:52 am

In post 160, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Why exactly did you feel the need to;

b) vote there and then

So yeah, I'm gonna go back and ask this question again which you seem to think you have answered but you actually haven't. Twice.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:53 am

Post by T S O »

In post 227, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You could have voted in 138 if you thought he was scum. But you did it in 140.

So, is this really the great and magical conclusion?
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:54 am

In post 231, T S O wrote:
In post 227, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You could have voted in 138 if you thought he was scum. But you did it in 140.

So, is this really the great and magical conclusion?

Nah. Just a small slice of your scum pie.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:55 am

Post by T S O »

go on, then, lay out the whole cake in a post.

you've been talking about doing it for a while, so I'm sure it will be quite damning.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:56 am

See above.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:58 am

Post by T S O »

In post 225, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:TSO - my intention was never to insult you but I am having a really hard time understanding what your confusion is and I don't know how else to explain it any better.

My problem, to sum it up, is that I feel that even though you justified the statement with "inherently it looks scummy" I still feel you -also- thought it was a poor answer, regardless of the stupidity of the question.

I'll admit I could be wrong here, but that was just how I saw it.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:59 am

Post by T S O »

wait please tell me #226 isn't your case

don't make my opinion of you degrade even further!
-Marquis
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:05 am

Post by Lying Cat »

That banter is super cute and all, but can we do something productive?

BBT, not being a fan of vanity wagons does not equal scum by any stretch.

Tell me about your own scumread on josh, from inception to fall. And where you know AP from. And who your biggest townread is.

-sthar
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:06 am

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

Spoiler: quoting all slips because we are a bad hydra
In post 219, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:
In post 218, T S O wrote:
In post 212, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:TSO - I don't think you understand what I'm saying. It LOOKS scummy, but it ISN'T ACTUALLY.

Instead of insulting my reading ability, please try improving yours. I'll use the Socratic method to do this.

Why did you feel it looked scummy?

Holycrap TSO, are you serious?

If you don't want me to imply that you aren't reading, don't ask me questions I've already answered.....

In post 206, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:could easily be interpreted as scummy, since it inherently comes off as defensive and distance-y

Since can be substituted with "because", if it makes it simpler for you to read.

ETL

In post 220, AngryPidgeon wrote:ETL Im talking to you in sitechat.

In post 225, EspeciallyTheLies wrote:TSO - my intention was never to insult you but I am having a really hard time understanding what your confusion is and I don't know how else to explain it any better.

p-edit:
In post 223, Lying Cat wrote:the playerlist. Like, half my ideal micro is in three slots.

I KNOW, RIGHT?!??!

In post 235, T S O wrote:

My problem, to sum it up, is that I feel that even though you justified the statement with "inherently it looks scummy" I still feel you -also- thought it was a poor answer, regardless of the stupidity of the question.

I'll admit I could be wrong here, but that was just how I saw it.

Ok, so, I don't think it was a poor answer. I don't think anyone in the world would be able to answer that question in a way that
didn't
sound scummy. I don't really have any evaluation of the answer, because it's tainted by the question being focused on the wrong person.

You don't ask the person you're suspecting to tell you why they can't be partners with someone. You ask other people why or why not.

Like, for instance: If someone provides a defense to you out of nowhere, regarding why they couldn't possibly be partners with X, your first thought would be "Oh they are definitely partners with X", regardless of whether it's true or not. So, by asking you why you aren't partners with Flubber, BBT elicited from you this defense that would in turn make anyone reading it in isolation think, "Oh he's definitely partners with Flubber". So the answer itself is null due to the nature of the question.

Get it?

ETL

p-edit: stuff and things
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:08 am

But if I did think the answer was poor, why all the fuss about it, TSO? That was totally not even the point of that post. It was a very small part of it.

ETL
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:10 am

Post by T S O »

Because I wanted to know why specifically you thought the answer was bad and it felt like you were kinda snaking out of it.
-Marquis
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:12 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

Oh I see, ok.
Art is cool.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:13 am

In post 237, Lying Cat wrote:That banter is super cute and all, but can we do something productive?

BBT, not being a fan of vanity wagons does not equal scum by any stretch.

Tell me about your own scumread on josh, from inception to fall. And where you know AP from. And who your biggest townread is.

-sthar

I just did something productive. TSO is scum...you don't see it?

I'm not scum-reading Josh.

I know AP from an ongoing game.

Biggest town-read is ZZZX.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 242, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
I just did something productive. TSO is scum...you don't see it?

I'm not scum-reading Josh.

I know AP from an ongoing game.

Biggest town-read is ZZZX.

TSO's vote on josh was fine, and it fit his play transparently. You're asserting something as a scumtell that doesn't even have a mild correlation with alignment. Drop it.

If you have more than that, consider this an official request for an itemized case.

Josh was your second vote of the game, and looking at VCs you were on the wagon at it's largest point. Are you saying that was a second random vote? Why did you leave it on so long?

re: AP- Roger.

I'm not sure how I feel about a Z townread. Not that I disagree with it, but there's subtlety to this setup that I need to think about.

@AP are you townreading BBT?
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:29 am

In post 243, Lying Cat wrote:@AP are you townreading BBT?

I need to finish going over the train wreck that is the last 2 pages, but yes I lean town on him.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:35 am

In post 243, Lying Cat wrote:
Josh was your second vote of the game, and looking at VCs you were on the wagon at it's largest point. Are you saying that was a second random vote? Why did you leave it on so long?

It was intended as something to try and get the game going. The quick-lynch comment was tongue-in-cheek.

I completely forgot I had voted for him. Hence the unvote after VC from Mod.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Lying Cat »

Ok. I may have more questions for you later.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 221, T S O wrote:In post 215, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
Whoa, what is going on here? Since when was I defending JB?

Since you came in and attacked me straight after I had began to attack him.

Clearly, if you felt JB was a good vote, you would not have done this. You don't have an opinion on JB, or on anyone, but you're still trying to tell me it was a bad vote. That's absolutely disgusting logic.

TSO, From my POV, I really thought you just blindly sheeped GG. BBT's post looks more like he was calling you out on that. You just latched on to those reads like they were gospel and voted. I thought this when you posted it, but I wanted to see BBT's reaction first before I posted my thoughts about it.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:06 am

Post by T S O »

well, your pov was wrong.
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:09 am

In post 223, Lying Cat wrote:(am I allowed to call you 'kiddo' now that you know it's not a pejorative or attack on your credibility? It really is a term of endearment from me, but I won't use it if you don't like it)

Heh. The funny thing is I can see myself calling people that in an endearing way now. To me, anyone under 21 deserves the label. Hell, even people who are under 23 are still not jaded and old fucks.

Your townread on TSO needs reevaluation.

In post 240, T S O wrote:Because I wanted to know why specifically you thought the answer was bad and it felt like you were kinda snaking out of it.

EtL specifically said that she couldn't fathom a
good
answer to that question and called it a loaded question. Personally, I think you are taking pages out of my scumbook and just being an argumentative scumbag for the sake of being an argumentative scumbag right now.

-AP Reads List V1.1b-

Townies: GG, Lying Cat, AntiHeart, Swifty
Scummies: TSO, Josh
Meh: ZZZX, Flubber, BBT.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”