Micro 376: Chosen Mafia - Game Over = Perfect Town Win

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:54 am

Post by T S O »

if you think she's wrong, doing nothing seems like a great option.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:56 am

Post by Guilty Gunsmith »

In post 725, T S O wrote:if you think she's wrong, doing nothing seems like a great option.

Yep. I don't have the emotional energy to do much here right now.
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Spoiler: Votecount 1.27
Votecount 1.27

Lying Cat - [2] - Guilty Gunsmith, awestfie
BlueBloodedToffee - [2] - Heartless, T S O
Flubbernugget - [1] - Josh_B
T S O - [1] - ZZZX
Guilty Gunsmith - [1] - Lying Cat
Heartless - [1] - BlueBloodedToffee
awestfie - [1] - Flubbernugget

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-08-25 14:39:13)

Spoiler: Votecount 1.28
Votecount 1.28

Flubbernugget - [1] - Josh_B
T S O - [1] - ZZZX

Votecount 1.29

awestfie - [2] - Flubbernugget, Josh_B
T S O - [1] - ZZZX

Last edited by Wickedestjr on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 724, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:Well at this point I think EtL is townreading scum and scumreading town soooooo. I could just take this hydra over but that would make her more upset. So I'll let her keep voting for town cat because it furthers our win condition.

FTFY

In post 719, awestfie wrote:Alright, well. I'll come back later, since this game seems to be filled with drama and name calling right now. I really don't care enough to read any of it right now and to be honest; I don't think I will care enough later.

You were reading the thread?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 660, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:
In post 659, Wickedestjr wrote:

No.

@Flubber: Just. No. That's... just no.

This VC is fucking abysmal when we only have 5 days left.

ETL

I'll unvote or vote for Josh if it makes you happy. And yes that vote was shit; I rushed through that post trying to finish it up before the car ride was over. But there's no way I'm on that LC wagon. Maybe I'm down for the BBT wagon. How bad do you want me on the bbt wagon? If at all?
TellTaleHeart
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
TellTaleHeart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:23 am

Post by TellTaleHeart »

My townread on awestfie was very much shaken by her latest series of posts.

-TTH
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:24 am

Post by Heartless »

In post 730, TellTaleHeart wrote:My townread on awestfie was very much shaken by her latest series of posts.

-TTH

Anti wins another bet.

Damn.

-TTH
EspeciallyTheLies
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
EspeciallyTheLies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:02 am

Post by EspeciallyTheLies »

In post 730, TellTaleHeart wrote:My townread on awestfie was very much shaken by her latest series of posts.

-TTH

yes. ap quote please.
Art is cool.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Post by Josh_B »

woah, did the game freeze?
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by T S O »

Yep.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

Prodding ZZZX.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:59 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 733, Josh_B wrote:woah, did the game freeze?

Blow into the cartridge, I'll check the cables.

I'm not feeling aswtefy wagon.

GG still scum.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by T S O »

how bout bbt
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by T S O »

Who's GG's partner again?
-Marquis
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

Idk. One of {flubber, bbt, josh} probably. I've been feeling better about josh and worse about bbt.

But GG is the dangerous one.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:41 pm

yes. the "dangerous one".

we're so dangerous that when we flip town, you will die. :mrgreen: win-win

here. lemme help you out because i love you so much.

VOTE: guilty gunsmith

ETL
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by Josh_B »

In post 736, Lying Cat wrote:
In post 733, Josh_B wrote:woah, did the game freeze?

Blow into the cartridge, I'll check the cables.

I'm not feeling aswtefy wagon.

GG still scum.

There are two votes on it, I'd hardly call it a wagon. I particularly don't care for the repeated promises to catch up, then the aversion to catching up based on other people posting, then the immediate attack ad hom on the person she claimed to be waiting on, without addressing any of the points that were made followed by an "I'm done with this game" type statement.

However, if you are willing to defend her over that, I'm thinking that I may have sided on the wrong side of that argument.
Lying Cat
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Lying Cat
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Lying Cat »

In post 740, Guilty Gunsmith wrote:here. lemme help you out because i love you so much.

sweet thanks. 3 more votes!

In post 741, Josh_B wrote:
There are two votes on it, I'd hardly call it a wagon.

Shopping cart then? Whatever.

I'm not defending her, I'm saying that I don't think it's a good wagon. Maybe if you explained why those things are
indicative of scum
rather than rattling off events like the conclusion is obvious I'd be more inclined to reexamine.

I'm not sure what you think you're implying with that last line, but the fact that we argued doesn't mean we have different alignments. That's pretty fundamental.
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:13 pm

I see we finally decided to vote scum.

~AP
Guilty Gunsmith
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Guilty Gunsmith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:16 am

Lying Cat

This is what I have gathered as your reasoning for why we are scum. I'm going to assume you're town as I respond to this, and that you're NOT just acting like a fucking dipshit to purposely get under my skin. Otherwise I will just flip my shit all over again because your posts piss me off.

1. We wanted to lynch TSO

From what I can tell, your main issue was that AP called it a "policy lynch" and that he was scumreading TSO by "PoE". So, let me ask you honestly - do you think these are really the only reasons we were voting him? You call it a "miscommunication" but still hold that we must be scum because it was actually NOT a miscommunication but "policy lynching and PoE to avoid responsibility for the lynch"?

I want you to go find any scum game - or any game at all for that matter - of mine where I used this logic to get through D1. Same for AP. <<< It doesn't exist. You know why? Because those are pretty clearly not the reasons we were actually scumreading him. Like, I posted exactly why I thought he was scum but you're ignoring that in order to pick out the reasoning that you think makes your case stronger while disregarding all the evidence. You know what that's called, right?

I mean, this entire point is really stupid to me and doesn't make any sense because we weren't voting him for a policy lynch at all. I'm honestly baffled at this one.
  2. We're scumreading you.

No... for real... you spent several paragraphs outlining how this is actually a scum tell. :insertareyoufuckingshittingmefacehere: I'm not sure what you expected when you misrep the entire reason we were pushing TSO in the first place. Jingle comes in and asks me something stupid about gaslighting and I go "????" Then you make up this elaborate scheme about how my plan was simply to make TSO crazy or make him feel bad or something. I go even more "?????" and wonder where you're coming up with this garbage and why you're defending someone who, at that time, I was nearly positive was scum. Of course my first thought is going to be that you might be scum, and you have brilliantly found a way to turn logical scumhunting into a scumtell. I mean this is really beyond belief.
  3. I think you're being manipulative and you don't think I should be scumreading you for that.

Your argument against this was "but I'm manipulative as town and I told you that!!" Do you honestly think that I am unable to tell the difference between the kind of manipulation that benefits town in terms of clarifying your reads and the kind of manipulation that is meant to change people's perception of your own slot? There's a difference between manipulating your scum reads to make them trip up, and manipulating people to town read you and vote the way you want them to. I know that you can see the very big difference in motivation there.

You ARE buddying Heartless. You ARE trying to polarize us away from what was becoming a very solid town bloc. You even admitted to doing so! So, for like, just one second, can you put yourself in my shoes and see how I might think that is shady as fuck?
  4. I didn't defend you against Swifty's lurker case.

I'm sorry? I don't really know why this is a reason we're scum, other than the fact that I didn't read a word of her case on you. I mean, I've been pretty busy and trying to pull threads where I can here. I focused on TSO, because Anti was MIA. Then I focused on Anti. And now I'm focusing on you. It looks to me that you think we should have come to your rescue, and I don't really understand that. You say that we're scum because we DIDN'T knock her down for attacking
    our own scumread
    . I just really don't understand this at all because this isn't even a scumtell in the slightest. I mean, I bet you 99% of all town don't question when someone is pushing their own favored lynch with bad reasons.

I mean, if you really wanted me to notice it or wanted some commentary on it or wanted to know why I didn't say anything about it, all you had to do was point it out and ask me. But you didn't. You just attacked me for not seeing it and saying something
    on your behalf
    . You know this makes no sense and you know that I hyperfocus on people until I get a good set of solid reads.
  5. I'm "fucking up" on my meta read of you.

I really don't even know what you're referring to, other than "hey look he did this in reboot!" and as I already pointed out, I mentioned it as a point of interest. The fact of the matter is that this conversation DID occur there. I didn't even make the conclusion that you were doing this here. I caught something Swifty said about Jingle "being afraid to post" which made me think of that. How can you possibly see that in any other way? I just don't understand. I am townreading her, and it is something she noticed. If she noticed it, AND its something you have already done in the past as scum, there is a logical connection there, and again, you are turning valid scumhunting into scumtells which makes zero sense to me. If you were town, I'd expect you to at least question yourself before posting some of the nonsense that you have. But to actually address the point here, that is the only "meta" item I've mentioned, I didn't qualify it, nor compare it to your play her, nor push it any further than making mention of it. So, no, I'm not "fucking up" on your meta. I'm not even talking about your meta.
  6. I'm "appeasing" people.

I really don't get this one at all and don't think I've been appeasing anyone so I can't even really defend against this one.
  7. Hydra dissonance

I... can't even believe you brought this up as a reason, knowing how lame and not-a-scumtell it is. When I first read it, I felt like you were just trying to pad your case. Again, I ask you, go find any game where either of us have used this as a scum tactic. We haven't, because that's stupid, and you know it.
    Especially
    given how well you know both of us, and you know how AP gets on D1 and what's even worse is that you called his waffling a town tell but now it’s a scumtell. Sthar, if you are town, I am fucking begging you to get real.
  8. We're reevaluating our read on TSO but not on you.

:neutral: I don't even know where you're coming up with your playbook of scumtells this game but it is bad. Very bad. First, AP got into it with TSO, half of which I didn't read and the other half was AP mouthing off about it on site-chat and in our hydra PT. I got mad at TSO for calling AP shit (when he's one of the players on this site I most admire). I let things simmer down a bit and looked elsewhere. After reviewing some ISOs, I wanted to re-clarify my read on TSO, and essentially, get his side of the story. I wanted to see if I could figure out where he was coming from and determine if it was townie or not.
    This is my reach out, Sthar. I am trying to understand you.
    I have a process, one that you know just as well as AP, Antihero and Guyett do. Why are you acting like you don't know exactly what I'm doing?
  9. Paranoia and fear

"ETL and AP are
    very good
    at being scum."
    "They are the dangerous ones."
    Seriously Sthar? I have never known you to be afraid of either of us as either alignment, nor have I ever known you to spread so much propaganda about either of our scum games. It really looks to me like you are
    trying
    to instill fear in others to make them vote for us. You are doing everything BUT scumhunt us. :neutral: You jumped right to pushing for our lynch without really asking us for clarification on anything, despite you having what appears to me to be quite a few misconceptions about our play here!

That's really about all I have time for, but I hope you plan to read it completely and answer my questions honestly.

ETL

UNVOTE:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:13 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Fine. Nobody wants to lynch Heartless.

VOTE: Josh_B
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:14 am

Post by T S O »

What's your stance on GG vs LC again, BBT?
-Marquis
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:20 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 746, T S O wrote:What's your stance on GG vs LC again, BBT?

GG is town. I don't really get LC's attack on them but I don't feel like it's coming from a scum perspective. I feel like LC genuinely believe what they're posting, especially in relation to ETL's reaction to them doing so. So I'm thinking it's town vs town.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:04 am

Post by ZZZX »

Prodge net back in 2-3 days (FINALLY) but 2moro I might go to a net cafe to catch up
Implosion: I see ZZZX was
redacted
. For shame, people. For shame.
The Bulge: ZZZX is ZZZX
Get to know a ZZZX: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=58733
awestfie
awestfie
Mafia Scum
awestfie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:19 am