Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Zero the Ninth
Zero the Ninth
Townie
Zero the Ninth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by Zero the Ninth »

Searching for a replacement for ThirtyFour.

Flames682 has been prodded.
Truth had gone, truth had gone, truth had gone. Ah, now truth is asleep in the darkness of the sinister hand.

TWO MILKMEN GO COMEDY
MEMENTO MORI IF THE NINETH LION ATE THE SUN
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:19 pm

Post by Quilford »

Sorry, had to do a bit of study over the weekend.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by Quilford »

VOTE: xRECKONERx

No evidence of sustained thought about any one player. Points towards reads fakery.

Jumps on Jackel quickly saying "Did you only vote me because you disliked my suggestion on how to use the doors? How did that make me vote worthy?" as if there were any worthier reasons to vote anyone 22 posts in.

Just as abruptly decides that Jackel and Flames are town with no reasoning for either why they're town or for why the read is "iffy".

In the same post votes Akane with no reasoning.

Votes 34 with no reasoning, saying he's jumping onto the wagon because "At least there are actual reasons" without stating what those "actual" reasons are. (It's a bit awkward that he later tells 34 "holy fucking shit, it's a goddamn game, relax"; it's hard to relax when people are voting you and not explaining their reasoning for it.)

Unvotes 34 to vote Akane saying "Akane real scum actually" without explaining why Akane is scummy, let alone scummier than 34.

Attacks Jackel: "saying someone is scummy because of "gut" and "posts seem off" when it's your only evolving read is very bad". Not only does this indicate a lack of focus on Akane as scum (his vote is on Akane. Why is he not talking about Akane at all?), it's kinda hypocritical considering Reck hasn't given any reasons why any of the targets of his votes are scummy.

The overall pattern is of somebody jumping from player to player without sustained focus on any one player in particular, indicating that he doesn't have the capacity to produce any sort of deep analysis. (He even calls his townreads "iffy" and "weak".) I think that's because he already knows the alignments of those he's attacking. Moreover, his votes and suspicions move from one player to another very quickly, which is at odds with a more measured, searching approach to scumreads that I think is typically town.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:13 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

zzz quilford misreading me nothing to see here
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:14 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 152, Quilford wrote:Jumps on Jackel quickly saying "Did you only vote me because you disliked my suggestion on how to use the doors? How did that make me vote worthy?" as if there were any worthier reasons to vote anyone 22 posts in.

oh so we should just never leave rvs or try to ask ppl about their reads right? ok ty glad to know youre functionally retarded
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:15 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 152, Quilford wrote:Votes 34 with no reasoning, saying he's jumping onto the wagon because "At least there are actual reasons" without stating what those "actual" reasons are. (It's a bit awkward that he later tells 34 "holy fucking shit, it's a goddamn game, relax"; it's hard to relax when people are voting you and not explaining their reasoning for it.)

as in there were more reasons to vote 34 over akane

akane was poe based on who i had at least moderate goodvibes from and it was a very noncommittal vote until i found something shinier (like 34 for instance)
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:16 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

hey quil can you explain why you think I wouldn't explain my reads since you have obviously played with me before and seen me explain my reads
green shirt thursdays
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 154, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 152, Quilford wrote:Jumps on Jackel quickly saying "Did you only vote me because you disliked my suggestion on how to use the doors? How did that make me vote worthy?" as if there were any worthier reasons to vote anyone 22 posts in.

oh so we should just never leave rvs or try to ask ppl about their reads right? ok ty glad to know youre functionally retarded

This is definitely what he meant
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

V/LA for the next few days due to personal reasons. This is LA not V but I can't tell how active I'll be exactly
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:20 am

Post by Bins »

UNVOTE:

I've really got nothing.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:23 am

Post by Bins »

In post 124, Quilford wrote:Don't replace out on Page 5.

I'm not happy with the pressure on ThirtyFour. It puts me ill at ease. I plan to look at Parama, Reck etc a bit more later.

How about Parama?

gtkas
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:11 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 156, xRECKONERx wrote:hey quil can you explain why you think I wouldn't explain my reads since you have obviously played with me before and seen me explain my reads

'Can you explain why you think I wouldn't explain my reads' no idea

'Since you have obviously played with me before and seen me explain my reads' Not only do I not have any particular recollection of playing with you (apart from Team Mafia) (I suspect our last game together was >1 year ago), I don't think you've ever been town with me in a game, so. Considering you said 'quilford misreading me again', perhaps you could point me towards a game where I've misread you.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Bins »

Is his usually this aggressive as scum?

gtkas
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:15 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 155, xRECKONERx wrote:as in there were more reasons to vote 34 over akane

Yeah, the point is that you haven't told us what they are.

In post 155, xRECKONERx wrote:akane was poe based on who i had at least moderate goodvibes from and it was a very noncommittal vote until i found something shinier (like 34 for instance)

Akane was just PoE? A very noncommittal vote? Then why is Akane now 'real scum actually'? What changed?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:18 am

Post by Quilford »

In post 160, Bins wrote:
In post 124, Quilford wrote:Don't replace out on Page 5.

I'm not happy with the pressure on ThirtyFour. It puts me ill at ease. I plan to look at Parama, Reck etc a bit more later.

How about Parama?

Parama is likely town. I'll go into it a bit later when I'm not phoneposting, if you like.

In post 162, Bins wrote:Is his usually this aggressive as scum?

Reckoner? Yes.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Quilford »

Actually it depends on the playerlist. If he thinks he can coast a bit on the basis that he can ingratiate himself with people he's played with before, for example, he won't be aggressive.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:38 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 161, Quilford wrote:
In post 156, xRECKONERx wrote:hey quil can you explain why you think I wouldn't explain my reads since you have obviously played with me before and seen me explain my reads

'Can you explain why you think I wouldn't explain my reads' no idea

'Since you have obviously played with me before and seen me explain my reads' Not only do I not have any particular recollection of playing with you (apart from Team Mafia) (I suspect our last game together was >1 year ago), I don't think you've ever been town with me in a game, so. Considering you said 'quilford misreading me again', perhaps you could point me towards a game where I've misread you.

I just realized I confused you with DeasVail for some reason. Uhh. Sorry.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 163, Quilford wrote:Yeah, the point is that you haven't told us what they are.

II didn't have to, evveryone else did it
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:39 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 164, Quilford wrote:Reckoner? Yes.

how do you know how aggressive I am as scum since you literally just got done saying the only game you remembered playing with me is team mafia
green shirt thursdays
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:51 am

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

Quilford has a well thought out case that makes sense, and Reck's posts in response to it read like flailing damage control to me. He seems more focused on discrediting Quilford than anything else, which isn't something a townie would be motivated to do. Besides, 34's slot is in replacement limbo so my vote isn't really doing anything right now if I leave it there.

VOTE: Reckoner
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:54 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

I feel like Quilford's case is pretty applicable to most players in the game since it's page 7 and he starts by attacking me for not having a strong read yet
green shirt thursdays
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

Maybe we somehow aren't reading the same post but I definitely saw more than just accusation of weak reads there.

What's your read on Quilford? Other than obviously disagreeing with his case.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

I dunno. My kneejerk reaction to his case was to think he was scum because I didn't/don't believe he feels as strongly about my scumminess as he wants us to think he does. A big "case" like that on page 7 seems super reaching.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 163, Quilford wrote:Akane was just PoE? A very noncommittal vote? Then why is Akane now 'real scum actually'? What changed?

Dislike how Akane tried to fling shit in 34's direction after he started melting down by calling it AtE. Pointing at someone and shouting "Appealing to Emotion!" is a very easy way for scum to setup a mislynch, because way more often than not AtE is committed by a town player than a scum player... so trying to use it as Akane did feels really slimy.
green shirt thursdays
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Quilford's case read to me like the type of case someone subbing in makes, considering this...

In post 151, Quilford wrote:Sorry, had to do a bit of study over the weekend.

I think it's relatively applicable

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”