Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1100 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:21 pm

Post by Thor665 »

My agenda is to create a situation wherein I look to stand the most chance of winning the game.
If you're town than your lack of...well, anything is not very beneficial to me.
Why are you still in the game if you admit you're not really *in* the game?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1101 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

So I has one goal, and that's to have someone hang today. I'll be honest (cuz I'm kinda drunk) and say I really don't care who it is aside from d3x (cuz, well, he's confirmed town). Anyone else can swing. Hell, more honesty says I'll prolly just sheep d3x so I the wagon can be analysed tomorrow with 2 confirmed town on it. I have no pipe dreams that because I'm sheeping Thor (I don't trust that slot due to predecessor), that I'll be alive tomorrow, but I'm okay with that (see previous posts).

So, the long and short of it is, you all will know Thor's alignment one way or another in time to act on it, I've confirmed 1 player that will most likely live through the night because of it, and it's up to y'all not to fuck this up. Good day sirs (and ma'am coughmantiscough).

confirm vote:

VOTE: BE
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1102 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:58 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

We still have 3ish days. If anyone can think of a good enough reason that I should hide behind someone else, I'm all ears. Kinda sucks being a hider tbh. I have to let y'all know one way or another who I'm hiding behind so you have the info in case I hide behind scum. This gives scum info on who to kill. Keep these 'duhs' in mind when suggesting someone else for me to hide behind...as you will get them killed if they are town (most likely) and it will be our last investigate (most likely) cuz I'm dumb and outed myself for prolly no real reason. /sigh.....

Oh, and full reads lists and claims from the top 2 wagons. Choices are going to be made soon so might as well get this shit over with so we have time to debate the info. PEACE OUT!
TunnelMates
TunnelMates
Goon
TunnelMates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1103 (ISO) » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:11 pm

Post by TunnelMates »

We are in this game

Just struggling to produce content.

Our pushes on lynx and nacho were for real, we still feel that way
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1104 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:19 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1103, TunnelMates wrote:We are in this game

Just struggling to produce content.

Our pushes on lynx and nacho were for real, we still feel that way

:neutral:

Why do you think each is scum?
If you can't answer then I don't think you qualify as 'in the game'.
TunnelMates
TunnelMates
Goon
TunnelMates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1105 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:37 am

Post by TunnelMates »

We already answered that to other players several times on Day 2. It is still Day 2, but this day has been drawn out.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1106 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 am

Post by d3x »

In post 983, d3x wrote:@Kthx- I'm not sure why you would choose Thor over someone that's high on your ScumList. Verifying Town is fine, but eliminating Scum {or clearing them} is optimal, imo. A Cop result on Town is decent, but a Cop result on Scum is freaking awesome. Think of it this way, if you Hide behind Scum and die, you've outted Scum, proven your Claim, and thus 100% cleared me. If you Hide behind a Scum suspect and live, you've cleared an easy MisLynch for us. If the Scum Team then decides to off them b/c they're cleared... well, easy MisLynches usually aren't that helpful anyway. And you're still around.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1107 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:57 am

Post by fferyllt »

VC 2.9

How fare the gods?
how fare the elves?
All Jotunheim groans,
the gods are at council;
Loud roar the dwarfs
by the doors of stone,
The masters of the rocks:
would you know yet more?

Now Garm howls loud
before Gnipahellir,
The fetters will burst,
and the wolf run free
Much do I know,
and more can see
Of the fate of the gods,
the mighty in fight.

Ansuz
(4): Mantisdreamz, geraintm, Burning_Earth, TunnelMates
Burning_Earth
(4): Ansuz, d3x, Josh_B, Kthxbye
geraintm
(2): Osseus pseudotripodis, Thor665
Josh_B
(2): Konowa, LynxKuroneko

Not Voting
(0):

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: September 3, Midnight US Eastern Time

Countdown: (expired on 2014-09-02 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:27 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1089, Ansuz wrote:I still don't understand where the BE & Konowa connection comes from.

Except for the fact that Konowa seems to have been ignoring the whole rest of the game except for her tunnel on gameplay, there really isn't a solid connection between them.

The real connection is through Lynx. Burning_Earth seems to be the standard of scumminess that Lynx is judging everyone by, and the reason he is voting other people. But not actually burning earth. Except one time, which he qualifies as a non serious vote.
TunnelMates
TunnelMates
Goon
TunnelMates
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1109 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:51 am

Post by TunnelMates »

Josh seems pretty town. I modded a game which he was scum in, and I feel this is more townish by far.

On a side note, I don't really have a preference for who kthxbye hides behind. I don't see anything wrong with attempting to clear Thor. It's also the least risky way to try to clear, right? Since gameplay (thor's predecessor) said his kill doesn't resolve that night or something.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1110 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:52 am

Post by LynxKuroneko »

To be fair, I wouldn't miss Burning_Earth if he left, and I'm comfortable voting him, too.

But how is he a standard for my votes?
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1111 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:25 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1110, LynxKuroneko wrote:To be fair, I wouldn't miss Burning_Earth if he left, and I'm comfortable voting him, too.

But how is he a standard for my votes?

ctrl f burning earth in your Iso. You'll see what I'm talking about. All the times you call him scum, and call me scum with him. It's pretty compelling. It may be just the one thing that I picked up on when I was reading up because it was related to my slot.

In post 140, LynxKuroneko wrote:HighShroomish (because screw your vote, you're worse than Burning_Earth.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1112 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

Ah, you are right. B_E embodied anti-town behavior.
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1113 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:45 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1075, Ansuz wrote:
In post 1062, Mantisdreamz wrote:i do really think ansuz will flip as scum. if that's desp and nacho... come on. they are normally obv town. and i'm not trying to make excuses... just i haven't seen a hint of towny-ness from them

and you've been willfully ignoring it

willfully ignoring your towniness? i can't ignore something i don't see..

i think BE is town

and that's the thing again.. your choice of wording. if you think it's willful.. wouldn't you think it's scummy?
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1083, Josh_B wrote:
In post 1048, Mantisdreamz wrote:oh.. HS vote was a pressure vote. @ josh

seems like it to me.

well.. i said that cause i was responding to:
In post 1028, Josh_B wrote:I feel like I should ask this, particularly to kthx and mantisdreamz. What were your cases for Highshroomish as scum?

hmm

i guess my response wasn't very clear. i didn't have him as hugely scummish. just thought that pressure would be good.. and when i saw kthx voting him, i thought i would join along in the pressure applying
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1088, Konowa wrote:Konowa is going to be busy over the weekend due to Labor Day festivities. Konowa will try and sneak in some posting later tonight.

mantisdreamz wishes to be celebrating the labour day festivities, but alas.. work. :(

In post 1098, Konowa wrote:In reference to Mantisdreamz question in post #1052 just off top of head, Osseus pseudotripodis is town and Ansuz is null leaning scum.

What are the reasons for these two being scum? Konowa will have to go back and look as to why Konowa thought Ansuz was scum at the beginning of the Day.

mostly PoE. i *did* actually have oss as town at one point. but i do, like i said, kinda think there may have been a misunderstanding with us, so i don't really have you as scummy anymore. hence the shifting of read piles. let me give you a proper answer in a bit about ansuz, specifically.
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1116 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:05 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1099, TunnelMates wrote:
In post 1090, Thor665 wrote:@Tunnel - I have no idea where you're coming from or what your goals are in this game. Is that intentional? Let me know, I could always...(wait for it)...tunnel you.

We're in a prolonged IRL lull/slump that has nothing to do with mafia in general. You can tunnel, but to tell the truth all of our inactivity is null in the grand scheme of things. Easy to lynch, yes. Up to you. If you're hard-headed and stubborn enough to try and get us lynched, you can probably get it done. All comes down to your agenda.

i like this post
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1117 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:07 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1100, Thor665 wrote:My agenda is to create a situation wherein I look to stand the most chance of winning the game.
If you're town than your lack of...well, anything is not very beneficial to me.
Why are you still in the game if you admit you're not really *in* the game?

tbf he never admitted he wasn't in the game.. you said that.
they said they still are. having feelings about a person being scum, in their case.. they said ansuz. is just enough (imo) as having a fully stated case
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1118 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:11 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1109, TunnelMates wrote:Josh seems pretty town. I modded a game which he was scum in, and I feel this is more townish by far.

On a side note, I don't really have a preference for who kthxbye hides behind. I don't see anything wrong with attempting to clear Thor. It's also the least risky way to try to clear, right? Since gameplay (thor's predecessor) said his kill doesn't resolve that night or something.

i'm gonna take your word on that. cause maybe his posts aren't really as bad as i thought. (just looking at his recent ones around this post)
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1119 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:17 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 1106, d3x wrote:
In post 983, d3x wrote:@Kthx- I'm not sure why you would choose Thor over someone that's high on your ScumList. Verifying Town is fine, but eliminating Scum {or clearing them} is optimal, imo. A Cop result on Town is decent, but a Cop result on Scum is freaking awesome. Think of it this way, if you Hide behind Scum and die, you've outted Scum, proven your Claim, and thus 100% cleared me. If you Hide behind a Scum suspect and live, you've cleared an easy MisLynch for us. If the Scum Team then decides to off them b/c they're cleared... well, easy MisLynches usually aren't that helpful anyway. And you're still around.

I'm town reading Thor atm. That combined with ^that.... I think Lynx is the more a scum suspect flying under the radar. I'll hide behind him tonight me thinks. That's assuming of course that we aren't stupid today and we lynch BE. I'll hide behind BE if he isn't lynched today.

recap:
If we lynch BE, I hide behind Lynx.
If we lynch *other*, I'll hide behind BE.

If I'm dead tomorrow and either isn't, they are scum.
If I'm alive tomorrow, then they are cleared town and scum did something weird at night.
If we both die, meh, one worthless/easy mislynch townie out the way and d3x is still cleared.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1120 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:24 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Thor: Delayed death
Me: Hider

Am I missing any claims?

Does BE or Ansuz not feel any need to claim? Hint: BE and/or Ansuz should claim now seeing as we are nearing deadline and one of them is most likely getting lynched today.....
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1121 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1051, Mantisdreamz wrote:i think scum are: ansuz, josh and osseus

edit: ansuz, oss and thor

i thought gp was town.. and that thor would be replacing into a town slot. but actually thor has made the slot seem worse.
i like kthx and d3x as town (that's a given). but also, geraintm, BE and tunnel as well. (konowa as well, i think.. but not super strong yet)

i do not like thor's push on tunnel, stating 'give reasons or i put you as not in the game' sorry thor, seems bullyish. yea i get it.. town are supposed to back their reads and such. but they clearly stated that they're behind. looks like maybe you're taking advantage of that.

i also did not like the back and forth with thor and gera.

cause i really think gera is town.. and what i'm seeing is thor pressing and pressing.

for example:
In post 1093, geraintm wrote:
In post 1091, Thor665 wrote:@Gera - actually, looking at what you just said, and your votes. Please explain how Shroom is, at best, your third scumspect considering your case on Ozzy.
That appears to totally lack logic.

I have Ansuz and ozzy as my top two scum, by definition highshroom can at best be third
And he was absent for so much of the game it was hard to get a read on him, he simply didn't post enough to rise to the top of any scum lists of mine. The advantages of lurking

^that seemed like a pretty acceptable answer to me. if you're going by poe.. what's so wrong with having the guy who never posted enough as possible scum, if you're town reading others? it's pretty much how i felt as well in regards to the HS slot.

and then you asked him "is that really the extent of your reasoning?"

^what is wrong with that reasoning??
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1122 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:34 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

In post 1119, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 1106, d3x wrote:

I'm town reading Thor atm. That combined with ^that.... I think Lynx is the more a scum suspect flying under the radar. I'll hide behind him tonight me thinks. That's assuming of course that we aren't stupid today and we lynch BE. I'll hide behind BE if he isn't lynched today.

recap:
If we lynch BE, I hide behind Lynx.
If we lynch *other*, I'll hide behind BE.

If I'm dead tomorrow and either isn't, they are scum.
If I'm alive tomorrow, then they are cleared town and scum did something weird at night.
If we both die, meh, one worthless/easy mislynch townie out the way and d3x is still cleared.

if we lynch BE though, it will be a mislynch
Mantisdreamz
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mantisdreamz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:36 pm

Post by Mantisdreamz »

how/why are you town reading thor?
and trust me, i thought GP was town myself.
thor.. no
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1124 (ISO) » Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

I'm town reading Thor due to history.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”