Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:39 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 946, Cutty Shark wrote:You've called Nashville ??? in ???

(this was avoided)
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:41 am

Post by Anatole Kuragin »

nope, just don't feel a need to force reads I don't have
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:43 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

Then you could have said null?
Though not really a fan of the reads you do have because "lol always wrong D1 whatever"
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:45 am

I would try to fashion my reads for a wider audience but my PM specifically mentioned I'm trying to avoid mass appeal. So you'll just have to cope ;(
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:46 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

For those that haven't been paying attention to Anatole:
Anatole: scumread Baboon because Mara meta
bork: your meta is wrong and bad
Anatole: well I still scumread Baboon but I always mislynch D1 so it doesn't matter
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:48 am

who the hell is bork
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:48 am

just joshing you bud
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 3:53 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

Mala:

The problem I'm having with you is that outside of your interaction with Tammy, I have absolutely no idea of your view on the gamestate.

You picked me out as town on page 2 and have said you want to work with your townreads. You've not yet reached out to me even after I pointed it out. What are you waiting for? What are your other reads?

This actually reminds me a bit of the false positive I got on you in 188 where you didn't do much the whole game either.

-b
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:11 am

In post 927, 5-Off wrote:
FT is likely town. For the record, does FT even play when he's not town on mafiascum? On DDO he flakes as mafia/third party pretty much every game.

Do you have a link to one of those games?
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:27 am

Post by FourTrouble »

In post 958, Anatole Kuragin wrote:
In post 927, 5-Off wrote:
FT is likely town. For the record, does FT even play when he's not town on mafiascum? On DDO he flakes as mafia/third party pretty much every game.

Do you have a link to one of those games?

Impossible because what he's saying isn't true. But even if it were, how is that relevant?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:30 am

Because it sounds like a bullshit read?
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:31 am

Which it apparently was, if what you're saying is true.
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Nashville Dreams »

Idk.

Maybe I should just freaken replace out. My anger issues have not been under control at all the past two months. I'm getting annoyed this game for some reason. I'm really trying, but when certain tones are thrown at me I can't. Luckily I'm at work so I can't be angry while I post this.

I was off and on about putting who I was. I figured those who knew me in and out of mafia would probably pick up who I was from how I write. Which is how Cabd caught my alt a year ago.

Bork as I previously stated. I got fizzed out due the whole neighbhood thing. It went over my head and I was just not understanding it at all. You on the other hand got paranoid of both notty and I in desp's game and then lylo lynched us without giving me a chance to talk.

Give me like a day or so to reread and get my thoughts in order. If I don't have it done by Friday feel free to lynch me.

~M
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:43 am

In post 962, Nashville Dreams wrote:Idk.

Maybe I should just freaken replace out. My anger issues have not been under control at all the past two months. I'm getting annoyed this game for some reason. I'm really trying, but when certain tones are thrown at me I can't. Luckily I'm at work so I can't be angry while I post this.

I was off and on about putting who I was. I figured those who knew me in and out of mafia would probably pick up who I was from how I write. Which is how Cabd caught my alt a year ago.

Bork as I previously stated. I got fizzed out due the whole neighbhood thing. It went over my head and I was just not understanding it at all. You on the other hand got paranoid of both notty and I in desp's game and then lylo lynched us without giving me a chance to talk.

Give me like a day or so to reread and get my thoughts in order. If I don't have it done by Friday feel free to lynch me.

~M

The neighborhood threw me for a loop too, and I feel the same way about the game. I hope you can stick with it though - I like the posts from your hydra.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:50 am

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 962, Nashville Dreams wrote:You on the other hand got paranoid of both notty and I in desp's game and then lylo lynched us without giving me a chance to talk.

No. That was entirely based on my flawed assumption that the game was 14v3v3 and not 15v3v2. Based on neighborhood comp, you literally HAD to be scum in a 14v3v3 setup at that point.

You know why I went and blitzed Cloud 9 and not you guys? Because I was that sure you were town that (again, based on my flawed understanding of the setup) that I thought both C9 and Toog HAD to be scum.

It's also a little hypocritical of you to say I didn't give you a chance to talk considering that NS crossvoted me there. You just happened to be the one that got lynched.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with this game, though.

-b
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:52 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 919, Lissa wrote:
In post 890, gossamer wings wrote:
In post 870, Lissa wrote:Baboon, thank you for reminding me why I am townreading you. gossamer and Baboon, thank you for reminding me why I am scumreading Four. I'll go iso-find some more townish Baboon posts now. Reading Four's posts seems to have a strange tendency to sway me towards his viewpoint and often when I read others' posts about him I ask myself why. I'm wondering if that's worrisome or if I'm just being paranoid.
How did we remind you why you're scum reading four when we haven't even become comfortable with what we think his alignment is?
When you point out...
In post 863, gossamer wings wrote:
In post 672, FourTrouble wrote:There is a line of posts there that I felt manipulated by in the same way I felt during Tales of You.

Actually, I'd like to know how exactly and from which posts in Tales of You, you felt manipulated by Ceph. You were townreading Fox/Hound before you flaked so I don't know what you are referring to.

~ F-16
stuff like this.

In that post I was asking FT how he felt manipulated by Ceph in a different game? Why exactly does that remind you why you are scumreading him?

~ F-16
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:00 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Commentary on 5-Off:

In post 927, 5-Off wrote:F-16 is pinging heavily on my town radar.
Once he showed up his reasoning was akin to what I remember on DDO, but it's been a long time and his scum game may have gotten better since then. How good is F-16 at scum nowadays?
Tammy started pinging town as well but I dislike her recent interactions with Nashville, especially since I have a scumread on them.
I liked when she threw out her theory on Lissa/Fonz though, mostly because Fonz has been constantly in my head, but I haven't been able to figure out whether he's in my head for good reasons or bad. I'll ISO him tomorrow.

I bolded the part I don't like. The question about F-16's play is terrible. He's taking a popular position but opening the possibility that F-16/Tammy are scum. I also am having trouble buying the thing about liking Tammy because of her "theory on Lissa/Fonz," which makes little sense.

In post 927, 5-Off wrote:]For the record, does FT even play when he's not town on mafiascum?

I don't like this question, either. Again, he's saying I'm town but opening the possibility that I'm scum.

In post 927, 5-Off wrote:Baboon might be town, but I think he's more likely to be scum. I could be wrong though.

This repeats the same pattern above -- "X is likely town, but could be scum, and since I don't know how these players play, I could be wrong about everything." There is more emphasis on his uncertainty and what's
possible
rather than finding the scum.

In post 927, 5-Off wrote:Cutty was pretty heavily town until he claimed his character, somehow knowing that he was on Caesaro's (I think I got that right) list without being prompted. How did he know that?

This isn't why Cutty claimed his character. There wasn't any indication Cutty knew he was on Csar's list.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:01 am

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 920, Honey bee wrote:Hi mala :3
As far as I can remember, this is far away from your scum meta, so my feelings about you earlier are gone. But I wanna see your full reads post.

@ bork, f-16: as promised:
Spoiler:
In post 32, Espressojet wrote:
In post 28, Rubicon wrote:So what do you guys think of EspressoJet saying "Good luck finding blue team"? Why do you think he picked blue team instead of red?

This post reads as a bit scummy to me. I didn't put any thought into which color I wrote, and it didn't even occur to me that it would matter. This feels like a stretch to out me as a Mafia, but at the same time distance yourself from the accusation by hiding it behind an open minded question.

FoS

Kept vote on himself while throwing an fos on someone else.
In post 77, Drew-Sta wrote:So far:

* Boon - town
* Molla - null (Due to a previous game, need to be more wary of my reads on him)
* Nespresso - null leaning town
* Mr Ree - null leaning mafia
* Rubicon - null leaning mafia
* Bert - nothing
* Honeybee - nothing
* ZZZXXXSSSDWECSSADFQWEASDF - nothing

All based off the pushing and prodding. They're pretty loose but hopefully this will generate some discussion.

UNVOTE:

I'd be quite happy to move out of RVS given what I've seen.

--

Mr Ree - post appears like you're attempting to downplay a possible slip (I'd say almost protectively, but others also did the same so I am happy to say it isn't based on others responses), almost like you're setting a precedent for what should or shouldn't be read as a slip. Why?

Further to this, you seem very interested in the self vote of Nespressojet in - this is curious to me. RVS is, or should be, fairly random. Why does the self vote grab your attention?

Rubi - in you pick up on an assumed 'tell', but then get quite defensive of that in . Your focus then seems to shift almost seamlessly to Molla in and - why the rapid shift? Why not place more pressure on George Clooney (Nespresso)? I might be over reading here, but both your posts appear to be throwing mud, without actually pressuring them. Generating dirt on players that can be used later is... interesting.

Threw out a bunch of scum reads but just unvoted his rvs vote.
In post 184, Thesp wrote:
In post 176, Honey bee wrote:And thesp is null to me until he answers about his scum reads.

Sorry, I missed your question. Is this what you're referring to?
In post 142, Honey bee wrote:Thesp, I really don't care for town reads, is jake your only scum read?

I'm really not keen on Flames682. If he was still around, at this moment he'd be my scond choice for a lynch. (When he's around, we'll find out exactly where he ranks. At this point he needs to be replaced.) I think the play of BoroPhil and Boonskiies is terrible as well. While I can't imagine that all four of our lurkers/flakers (some of who are actively lurking) are scum, I definitely imagine they didn't want to get caught up in the me/Jake from State Farm tussle, and the poor play of the town lurkers/flakers has likely enabled scum lurking/flaking. I don't see scum playing like BoroPhil is playing, but to a greater extent I don't see
town
playing like BoroPhil has. (Same with Boonskiies, to a lesser extent.)

I like the pressure on BoroPhil. If there's no change in his behavior, I will gladly move my vote there to secure a lynch as needed.

I actually like the last several posts from Jake from State Farm.

Kept his vote on jake even after admitting that Jake was probably not scum.
In post 94, Honey bee wrote:I really don't understand this argument here. Whether or not RQS is a viable option for starting a game really has nothing to do with anyone's alignment. Neither is refusing to answer the questions (which is more like a tell of personality). Either way, arguing about RQS has been extremely unhelpful to anyone.

All the lying accusations feel really weak.. People forget, people don't read, it's natural. Lying to me is only scummy when it comes to interpreting reads or PR information of the current game.

And just so you know, I don't like meta arguments. Maybe you all feel differently, and that's fine. If you want to convince me of anything, try a different way.

That's all I'm going to say on theses subjects. Anyways..

In post 69, BoroPhil wrote:
I'm not really being hesistant, I'm just suffering from typical D1 apathy.

Can someone start a fight with someone?

Basically the first page was full of a whole series of rubbish reasoning. Also fluff. Lots of fluff. Scum love fluff.

Cheery is worrying me as he has voted for me. This could be simple paranoia.

First off, Borophil, you realize that the first page was RVS, right? If you really thought "rubbish reasoning and fluff" was scummy, why not just vote someone and make some progress.

Why did you ignore Cheery dog's question? You need to explain what that last comment meant. Also why are you voting jake? Because they want to be IC?

In post 87, TheGottemer wrote:I am quite confused by this conversation and don't know what to say about it. Therefore,
I am going to just leave my vote where it is for now and may end up changing it.

If you don't understand what they're talking about, you didn't understand the case in the first place, and were just bandwagoning.
VOTE: TheGottemer
TheGottemer, Can you tell us your thinking about the game at the moment?

Jake, do you still believe is TheGottemer is scummy? I think you changed your mind.. so I want to know why.

Thesp, can you give us your current reads at the moment? If you have made reads on anyone else, I must have missed it.

Boonskies, what makes ashura voting you scummier than joining any other wagon? I mean there was plenty of other wagons to join at that time.

(me) Switched my vote to someone else even though I spend more of my time pressuring boro.
=17285&user_select[]=0&user_select[]=0&user_sort=Go]enomit iso
Enomis literally never pressures the person he's voting (or in this case bussing) and spends all of his efforts at the shiny hydra.
=19101#p4984698]Mala iso
Mala also ignores her vote target in order to pressure other players like jmo, leaving me to push the lynch instead (damn u mala :( ).

Anyways you get the point but the relation of your vote and your reads are very important. Townies move their vote naturally with their suspicions, but with scum you are at least somewhat aware or thinking about how your vote looks. And it's not a strategy per se, but instead just a mistake because scum don't know where's a safe place to keep their vote.

I seem to be having trouble accessing this site from my computer, is anyone else having problems?

I don't think voting or not voting is alignment indicative in general but I can buy that you believe that. I want to see a full reads post from you as well.

In post 920, Honey bee wrote:Ak I have been perusing their iso and I haven't seen anywhere that they're actively pushing to find someone's alignment or directing their efforts anywhere else. Their vote is parked on baboon and the conviction that he finds about a few meta reads and one post is totally wrong to me.

Even if it is wrong, why is it scummy? Also, how does one "actively push to find someone's alignment" in a way that Anatole hasn't been?

~ F-16
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:03 am

Post by FourTrouble »

F-16, pretty sure Lissa is referring to your post in combo with Ceph's post you edited out, where Ceph says my intent was to get Tammy paranoid. Which wasn't my intent at the time but I do hope it had that effect.
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:05 am

Post by FourTrouble »

I was about to start commenting on Honey's post as well, F-16. What're your thoughts on Honey? Gut is saying scum but I need to figure out why before voting.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:18 am

Post by gossamer wings »

That's interesting. Tammy's gut said Honey was scum as well but she didn't/couldn't explain it either. I don't have a read yet. There is not a lot I object to in her analysis but there's also very little that scum would be unable to fake.

~ F-16
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:19 am

Post by FourTrouble »

This is what's bothering me about Honey:

In post 554, Honey bee wrote:@ 5-off:
Why is day phase one useless? I get the sense that your posting is bidding your time which now makes sense, but I guess it's strange to me that a person who relies on gut would discount the first day (as people who usually do so rely on vc nk analysis, pr roles too). For reference, my gut is usually active very early before I even really think about the game.
Also, when is the time to start having reads?

In post 920, Honey bee wrote:5-off
seems
to have had not a lot of time for mafia too
I guess
?
Please
look at my questions to you when you get back. I haven't forgotten you.

The set of questions in 554 isn't going anywhere. Especially for someone emphasizing their gut, which has little to do with 5-Off's theory positions. The follow-up in 920 felt fake. With words like "seems" and "I guess" and "Please," it's like Honey is afraid of something. And I don't buy Honey actually wanting answers to those questions. What do they have to do with 5-Off's alignment?

In post 920, Honey bee wrote:My prob with Csareo is that I am
pretty sure
they're not new to mafia.. if they were I could excuse this behavior. Csareo, if you thought that you could determine the power roles from the flavor, then why were you trying to force a mass flavor claim and out them too?
From an outguessing the mod point of view, I'm having trouble placing where this info would be useful. I can tell you whichever game you played that the entire game could be solved by a flavor game was a poor decision on the mod's part.

This is bad on multiple levels -- (1) trying to outguess the mod; (2) words like "pretty sure," again afraid to take positions; and (3) extremely mechanical analysis of Csar's motivations.

In post 920, Honey bee wrote:
As far as I can remember
, this is far away from your scum meta, so my feelings about you earlier are gone.

Again, this guys word-choice betrays fear -- stuff like "as far as I can remember."
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:20 am

Post by gossamer wings »

Showing up once in a while and making a helpful-sounding wall full of analysis that isn't original or insightful.

~ F-16
FourTrouble
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
FourTrouble
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:21 am

Post by FourTrouble »

Good to know Tammy is on the same page. I think it's hard to pin down reasons because much of it has to do with Honey's phrasing/tone.
Anatole Kuragin
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Anatole Kuragin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:21 am

I could get behind that lynch. Honey Bee is giving me pretty similar vibes to Lissa.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”