Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

TOWN:
Heartless
Anen
wg
MonkeyMan
Nero Cain

in other news, i'm pretty fucking close to solving the game
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 495, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:i don't really have a townread there

And this rarely happens so I'm honored

In post 497, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:i admittedly didn't read grey fox's posts very closely but the conviction and indignation alone seems town enough

You would never guess what my "non-townreads" looks like if I were to sheep your townreads.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:46 pm

In post 499, Death Stare wrote:I don't like to bring outside influences into situations. I take them as they are. If my observations from that alone are insufficient, then I will amend them as they come.

Outside influences? I'm assessing a situation based on post count and content of posting: you can't attribute motivation to someone if you know nothing about them.

In post 499, Death Stare wrote:For someone who was so gung-ho about trying to get someone lynched, it's kind of bizarre that after they get frustrated and drop that entire case, they would be very hesitant to go for their other scumread (btw, the scumread on us is one he's been stating for most of the game) that would be much more likely to get a promising wagon going. It's even weirder that the fact that a wagon already exists would be a reason to not join on.

It's weird but I don't see why he would be afraid to go after you as scum unless you're scumbuddies.
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:46 pm

Do you?
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by Death Stare »

I was already townreading all of them except Monkey.
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 486, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 483, Death Stare wrote:
In post 465, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 221, MonkeyMan wrote:You are right. I shouldn't try to lynch the new scum. I should give them a break since they are new and everything. Why would anyone ever lynch someone because they think they are scummy?

UNVOTE:

this post is also town as balls

BTW, I'd really like an explanation on this because everything about this post pings.

-Ank

This post is expressing a deep frustration that no one is listening to him and the unvote is the manifestation of his frustration. If he were scum, this would be him going balls out to lynch someone no one wants to lynch. I don't think that's what this is. Why does it ping for you?

1. He blatantly ignored practically everyone else who expressed that they found this behavior bizarre, but the moment I posted (his other expressed scumread), it caused him to unvote.
2. He didn't vote anyone else. Voting this slot immediately would've been very very town, but just pushing for another angle would've been pretty town too.
3. The satirical explanation makes no sense.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:53 pm

Unvote

OH MAN I GUESS WE WON'T VOTE MTD BECAUSE HE'S SO FUCKING TOWN
I'M SURE ALL OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL POSTS HE MADE MADE HIM THE TOWNIEST MOTHERFUCKER WHO LIVED EVER AND I'M SURE THAT BULLSHIT PUSH ON ANEN IS ACTUALLY CORRECT AND ABSURDLY BEAUTIFUL
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:53 pm

that's what monkey tried to do
he failed
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 502, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 499, Death Stare wrote:I don't like to bring outside influences into situations. I take them as they are. If my observations from that alone are insufficient, then I will amend them as they come.

Outside influences? I'm assessing a situation based on post count and content of posting: you can't attribute motivation to someone if you know nothing about them.

The first part of your point suggested that. I got the impression that he was the type to grab onto a point and run it through regardless of what else is going on, feigning confidence if he didn't have enough actual confidence in his reads.

Basically, a more extreme version of the playstyle I had around the first year I was playing.
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Death Stare »

Last two posts are mine.

-Ank
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:56 pm

In post 504, Death Stare wrote:I was already townreading all of them except Monkey.

then we'll be perfectly okay this game after i sort out the rest of the group by lynching MTD
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by Death Stare »

You know

After sheeping you, my "non-townreads" turned to this.

MTD, Stav, Massive

I had the exact same type of PoE list at some point in last open I played and I was 0/3.
Please assist. (Sans MTD bc you say he's scum)
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:01 pm

In post 505, Death Stare wrote:1. He blatantly ignored practically everyone else who expressed that they found this behavior bizarre, but the moment I posted (his other expressed scumread), it caused him to unvote.

Unvote, yes. Did it make him change his position? No. Unvoting a wagon with no wheels is more indicative of a good player than it's indicative of scum.

In post 505, Death Stare wrote:2. He didn't vote anyone else. Voting this slot immediately would've been very very town, but just pushing for another angle would've been pretty town too.

Why would voting you immediately be town?
Why is looking for a different angle not as town as pushing a different angle? It seems to me like most of his eggs were in the "wg = scum" basket so it seems unrealistic for him to pull out another strong scumread out of his ass and not jumping on you isn't scummy unless you two are scumbuddies.
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Post by Death Stare »

(By same type of PoE list, I meant that the "non-townreads" were consisting of lurker/inactives/contentlessness)
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:04 pm

sthar8
davesaz
GrayFoxxxx
Stavrogin
MTD
massive

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these players flipped scum. The players you are eliminating from this list (sthar, gray, dave) are for weak reasons. They've done enough for me to maybe not want to lynch them right now but that's doesn't mean they're worthy of being eliminated from PoE list.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:05 pm

If you treat it as a Day 1 lynch pool and push from it and it hits scum, you know you're probably not off. If you treat it as a Day 1 lynch pool and it hits town, you burn down your town block.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:06 pm

In post 508, Death Stare wrote:I got the impression that he was the type to grab onto a point and run it through regardless of what else is going on, feigning confidence if he didn't have enough actual confidence in his reads.

It seems like you're placing more weight on outside influences than I am.
It also seems like the outside influences you are drawing from are far more nebulous than mine.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:09 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 506, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
Unvote

OH MAN I GUESS WE WON'T VOTE MTD BECAUSE HE'S SO FUCKING TOWN
I'M SURE ALL OF THOSE BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL POSTS HE MADE MADE HIM THE TOWNIEST MOTHERFUCKER WHO LIVED EVER AND I'M SURE THAT BULLSHIT PUSH ON ANEN IS ACTUALLY CORRECT AND ABSURDLY BEAUTIFUL

Nice catchup. I can't see scum going to all that effort, especially if there is little or no pressure. You go on my likely town list.
I followed all of it but this post. Why the change of heart? I happen to agree on MTD and plan to follow that thread at some point.

Also you commented on my play style. Part of my scum hunting style is to make less committal posts like the ones you quoted to see who reacts to them and who doesn't.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Post by davesaz »

Regarding the playing like a robot quote, it's a profession tell. I'm a systems engineer / software engineer / inventor. Usually my strongest reads are on logic terms, which requires one hell of a lot of input. I tend not to jump to conclusions quickly. I also tend to distrust players who PoE with very little material on the eliminated players. Since I only have two games on the site, the meta might as well not exist for my reads other than the players I've seen before.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:13 pm

That post was a response to the Ank head of Death Stare saying that MonkeyMan's post when the wg wagon wasn't going through didn't make sense. I made that post to show that he was just being sarcastic and an ass because he was frustrated.

also

Vote: MTD

i am headed out now but i'd be pretty happy if this wagon was massive by the time i got back
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:16 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 514, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:The players you are eliminating from this list (sthar, gray, dave) are for weak reasons.

They are indeed for weak reasons.
My sthar read is bc of gut
In last game I was able to correctly townread dave within his first 2 posts. I'm not seeing it this game. But I do think he's more town than scum.
Gray is a weird case. I remember Ank saying that grey is scum for his early posts. Also he kept oscillating between TOTALFLUFF and OMGSRS which is weird 2 me but my gut says that's probably townstuff.
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:20 pm

In post 514, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:sthar8
davesaz
GrayFoxxxx
Stavrogin
MTD
massive

I wouldn't be surprised if any of these players flipped scum. The players you are eliminating from this list (sthar, gray, dave) are for weak reasons. They've done enough for me to maybe not want to lynch them right now but that's doesn't mean they're worthy of being eliminated from PoE list.

plz leave star to me

~ iln
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:23 pm

In post 520, Death Stare wrote:
In post 514, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:The players you are eliminating from this list (sthar, gray, dave) are for weak reasons.

They are indeed for weak reasons.
My sthar read is bc of gut
In last game I was able to correctly townread dave within his first 2 posts. I'm not seeing it this game. But I do think he's more town than scum.
Gray is a weird case. I remember Ank saying that grey is scum for his early posts. Also he kept oscillating between TOTALFLUFF and OMGSRS which is weird 2 me but my gut says that's probably townstuff.

I don't feel the warm fuzzies about dave but you are going to have to help me convince nacho

~iln
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

^
is scum

vote:50 shades
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 276, Nero Cain wrote:

In post 234, davesaz wrote:Short and kinda joking (to me) posting style, making assertions but without much logic, not coming back to follow up on the comments. These are the type of posts which can be laughed off as not being really serious. In my experience, posting like this can be an indicator of scum being talkative to look active but not wanting to take a really big stand on anything that they can't back out of. It's not a very strong indicator, but it identifies you as someone to watch. Also a quick perusal of your iso shows that the majority of your posts lack a quote for context, thereby making them a bit more difficult for others to use with proper context. This leaves opportunities for using misrep claims as a defense.

This post feels very much like cherry picking. I think I've taken hard stances and I think its pretty hypocritical for you to say that I'm not taking hard stances while you aren't voting me.

There a huge difference between having a hard stance and being able to show what the reason for that stance is. I don't see continuing comments on your stances or any attempt to follow up to prove the read or convince others of it.
In post 523, Nero Cain wrote:^
is scum

vote:50 shades

This is a perfect example. You say 50 shades is scum, and vote. That seems to be a hard stance, by your definition. But you say nothing about why. Without that explanation it makes no sense at all. Only scum try to sow discontent and confusion. Town may do that inadvertently, but they
never
try
to do it. Even when town have nothing to go on but a gut read, they typically say that.

VOTE: Nero Cain

Return to “Completed Open Games”