Newbie 1543: Nightmare Mafia (Scum Win)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Vote Count 1.02Originalchris: (1) Breshke
BlueBloodedToffee: (2) Thor665, wgeurts
wgeurts: (1) BlueBloodedToffee
Brian Skies: (1) copper223

Not Voting: Originalchris, WaffleGhost, serrapaladin, Brian Skies

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-11 23:30:00)

Mod Notes:
None
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:47 pm

Post by copper223 »

I also want to hear from Originalchris, Serra Paladin and in particular WaffleGhost since you promised an info dump a while back.

@BBT
Have you had time to catch up and formulate some reads?

My updated day 1 reads

- Breshka: town
- Thor: mildly town, confirmed the starting post is standard, liked the read on wgeurts.
- BBT fence/town, your read on wgeurts makes sense from you pov, have little else.
- Wgeurts fence/town I'm having a hard time reading you, why put the lurkers in your scum? what is your read on Brian?
- OC/SP/WG null
- Brian mildly scummy, see threads for reasons.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:54 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 99, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 98, Thor665 wrote:No explicit reasoning, no - but I don't have that for anyone else either so I don't see the issue.

You're not voting anyone else. You're voting me. You're also coercing other people into voting me.

This is true, you have acurrately identified my desire to lynch you that I have openly stated I am attempting to do by both vote and action.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 102, Thor665 wrote:
This is true, you have acurrately identified my desire to lynch you that I have openly stated I am attempting to do by both vote and action.

With no reasoning.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 12:59 pm

In post 101, copper223 wrote:
@BBT
Have you had time to catch up and formulate some reads?

Will have a thorough read through the thread tomorrow.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 103, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
In post 102, Thor665 wrote:

With no reasoning.

"With no stated reasoning other than reasoning BBT can't argue about"
Yes.
So what? That doesn't make the case bad.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:06 pm

Post by Thor665 »

I'll agree it doesn't make it great either - but that is also beside the point.
People should vote you. This defense is scummy.
You can now add that to my case on you, and now I have other stated reasoning.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:09 pm

You have no reasoning. Full stop.

In post 98, Thor665 wrote:No explicit reasoning, no

Lynching me because I am difficult to read is not a good reason. It in no way points to me being scum.

I don't understand why you're pushing for a policy lynch and coercing other players into voting someone that you're not even scum-reading.

VOTE: Thor
Breshke
Breshke
Townie
Breshke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:16 pm

Post by Breshke »

In post 77, wgeurts wrote:
Breshke wrote:I agree that it isnt necessary i just think that if he can keep it up as he has said he will it could be an easy read as his though process will be out in the open for everyone to see in every single post. How much this will actually help i guess ill just have to wait and see

Why are you buddying with everyone? It may just be newness but I've noticed you've attempted to defend anyone you can defend. Explain.

I think you are just refering to my dislike of the RVS. In my first game which i replaced out of i didnt really get the point of RVS and that made some aggro townie jump down my throat so i hate seeing the same thing happen to other players especially new ones hence my defense of everyone.
Also @wgeurts why are you flip flopping so much?You say im budying yet you consistently vote and unvote people off seemingly nothing or "because you said you would". I understand that this could be more town indicative but were you not the one at the beginning who said they wanted to be careful with their vote? BBT seemingly made you unvote and then thor made you revote, i don't like it hows this being careful with your vote?

In post 21, wgeurts wrote:Reads from posts so far:
Town: Brian
Mild Town: Thor
Mild Scum: Copper223
Null: Everyone else + Breshke (to little content in posts.)

You stilll never explained why i was null and thor was town after we had both posted basically just our votes.

Unvote

Vote : Wgeurts
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by copper223 »

@Breshke
I like the original content in your posts to date, do you have something on other players beside wgeurts?
Breshke
Breshke
Townie
Breshke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:33 pm

Post by Breshke »

In post 109, copper223 wrote:@Breshke
I like the original content in your posts to date, do you have something on other players beside wgeurts?

Town
Copper : As i've said before I like the way you're giving your reads as i feel i can follow your thought process easily. When you've changed your votes you have said why and listed reasons, if you are mafia i still think this will trip you up eventually. I don't agree with youre read on thor and his original post but i think that's mostly because of a misunderstanding. As an IC i think they mostly all start the game off the same way saying what they do as an IC so i dont think you should try get a read off that at all.

Leaning town
Thor:
In post 49, Thor665 wrote:
In post 47, copper223 wrote:@BlueBloodToffee:

Voting without reason as 3rd on a wagon, simply won't cut it. Scummy, for the moment, prone to change as soon as you flesh out your play more, after all I had the same read on wgeurts to start up with. fence/scummy.

Aren't I the third on BBT also without stated reason? Why didn't you ask me about that?

I like that you pointed this out as it makes me feel as if you arnt afraid if attention is brought onto you. Although i don't understand why you are voting BBT when you say you aren't specifically reading him as scum but you are reading wgeurts as scum unless you have rescinded that read?

Null
Brian: I'd really like to hear your opinions on the game so far
Everyone that hasn't posted + Waffleghost : Nothing to read here and for the other new players don't be afraid to post your thoughts anything you have to add can be useful for town.

Leaning Scum
BBT: You start the game with a "serious vote' for which you don't give a reason until pinged out. You say you don't react to votes then thor votes you and you proceed to ask him why about 4 times and then end up voting him for it. I understand that its because he has no reason but why cant you just act towny and then if he doesn't unvote it will look bad on him and you will have nothing to worry about.
Wgeurts: As previously stated
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:12 pm

Post by wgeurts »

Breshke, if you look I had a valid reason for all my changes. Not taking care would have been doing so without reasons, I think through my votes as they are all the power I have.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:13 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 107, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You have no reasoning. Full stop.

In post 98, Thor665 wrote:No explicit reasoning, no

Lynching me because I am difficult to read is not a good reason. It in no way points to me being scum.

I don't understand why you're pushing for a policy lynch and coercing other players into voting someone that you're not even scum-reading.

Your defense and reactions ere point to you as scum, as I've said.
I do have reasoning - but little explicit reasoning, I've admitted this.
That is in no way a reason not to vote you or to call for others to do the same.

In post 110, Breshke wrote:i don't understand why you are voting BBT when you say you aren't specifically reading him as scum but you are reading wgeurts as scum unless you have rescinded that read?

I never said I wasn't reading BBT as scum.
I have not rescinded my read on wgeurts as last given - which was a desire to lynch him.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:27 am

Post by serrapaladin »

holy crabcakes, 5 pages

VOTE: thor
Wandering but not lost
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:34 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 113, serrapaladin wrote:holy crabcakes, 5 pages

VOTE: thor

Reasons? I've got a town read on Thor.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:41 am

Post by wgeurts »

Also, I'm not liking this push against Thor, nobodies giving reasons. It looks like a push to kill him as he's more experienced and therefore a threat. I wouldn't be suprised if those voting him are scum, oh wait, hi BBT. Seems like more evidemce for your scumness.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:17 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 114, wgeurts wrote:I've got a town read on Thor.

You probably shouldn't. He'll run circles around town if he's scum.
We should probably just lynch him now and be done with it.
I don't really see anything in his posts so far that points either way, but I'd be wary of giving him an easy townread. (Before my vote, all I had read was the latest VC to make sure I wasn't accidentally hammering or something.)

wgeurts and copper are town because keen wallposting. I also sort of want to call waffle town, as I don't see newbscum in has position posting to say he doesn't have any reads.

copper: please stop putting text in spoilers.

In post 40, Thor665 wrote:How can you complain that the very first post of the game lacks reasoning?
I could have given a joke/derp reason, sure, but what reason did you expect me to give that would be helpful? Please be specific about your thoughts at the time.

lol

Let's lynch breshke for empty questions?

VOTE: breshke

Second scum could be chris or brian?
Wandering but not lost
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:26 am

Post by wgeurts »

Empty questions? I'm confused, what do you mean here?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:27 am

Post by wgeurts »

I'll do a wall read on him in a sec to get a better idea.
Breshke
Breshke
Townie
Breshke
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:57 am

Post by Breshke »

In post 111, wgeurts wrote:Breshke, if you look I had a valid reason for all my changes. Not taking care would have been doing so without reasons, I think through my votes as they are all the power I have.

I don't like what this post infers. Also you say you had a valid reason for all your changes? You unovted for someone you still thought was scum if you're wincon is the same as mine i don't see how this is a valid reason.

In post 116, serrapaladin wrote:

wgeurts and copper are town because keen wallposting. I also sort of want to call waffle town, as I don't see newbscum in has position posting to say he doesn't have any reads.

I disagree, waffle promised to give reads and he still hasn't. He's now in my scum list until he does and then ill reevaluate.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:09 am

Post by serrapaladin »

He's not in your scum-list then, is he?

None of breshke's questions (or his interactions in general) reflect a desire to figure out anyone's alignment.
Wandering but not lost
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:18 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 120, serrapaladin wrote:He's not in your scum-list then, is he?

None of breshke's questions (or his interactions in general) reflect a desire to figure out anyone's alignment.

Actually I had him down in mild scum, still working on analyse.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:26 am

Post by wgeurts »

Ok, here's my tunnel on Breshke.

He opens with this:
Breshke wrote:#Vote:Orignalchris

You're first on the list

This to me looks just like a new guy randomly voting in the RV stage. No reads here except for newness.
He moves one with this:

In post 5, Brian Skies wrote:

For that vote without a reason.

Like, how can you pick on the newbies without giving them something to defend against?

@Brian i can't tell if you are being serious here?

Seems like a query, once again I'm getting no reads except for new guy eager to play his first (or later) game. He later posts his first post with content:

In post 20, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 18, Breshke wrote:
In post 5, Brian Skies wrote:
VOTE: Thor/VOTE:

For that vote without a reason.

Like, how can you pick on the newbies without giving them something to defend against?

@Brian i can't tell if you are being serious here?

I wasn't. Although I'm feeling a lot more attached to it now.

Why are you feeling a lot more attached to it?

Thoughts on Copper and Wg?

Not much really, the main cause of Coppers suspicion seems to be based of a disagreement in the RVS stage and what a towns person should do. I see how voting gives town information so in later days but im also going to guess that after wg accidently hammering on someone he would naturally be more careful with his vote. If i was going to pick a townier of the two it would be copper purely because if he continues to lists his reads as he has been doing i think it will be easy to get a read off him.

The first part on copper seems to be once again a new guy trying to analyse something. Cudos for trying though. He defends me, which could be seen as town honestly not wanting a false lynch or scum sheeping up to someone. This is important to note when reading further posts of his now, keeping in mind he is obviously new. He says copper is townier which could also be sheeping up to copper, so we now know he has sheeped up with me and copper. I'm getting the impression that he's either player scum as a really clueless guy or he is trying very hard to look town without success. The fact he's new makes it hard to tell.

In post 21, wgeurts wrote:
Reads from posts so far:
Town: Brian
Mild Town: Thor
Mild Scum: Copper223
Null: Everyone else + Breshke (to little content in posts.)

I get why im null but shouldn't thor also be null? or do you think his single post where he only votes you is a step in the right direction for town hence the mild town read?

Here he sheeps with Thor, sheep tracker:
Copper
Me
Thor

Now the info we need on his newness:
wgeurts wrote:
Is this your first game?

On this site, kind of ive been in like 1 other game but replaced out basically straight away. I have played one game on another site though.

He's new, black and white. This just makes reading him harder as we have no idea of his play style.

This continues on like this, until he suddenly turns on me after sheeping. It looks like beginner mistakes;
1. Try very hard to look town.
2. Trying to scum-hunt or analyse without knowing how we play in MS

He could be a new scum and I'm still suspicious of his actions, the only problem is that they could just be new guy mistakes. Hence I have him as mild-scum not scum.
For now BBT seems like a bigger priority as he has more experience, if Breshke is a scum it's likely he'll give himself away later.
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:46 am

Post by serrapaladin »

I'm not sure I see BBT. I disagree with most of what he says, but that doesn't mean much. OMGUSing Thor doesn't really seem a sensible scum-strategy in his position.
Wandering but not lost
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nor is it a sensible town strategy either, if we're going to use that logic.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”