Post Post #700 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:42 am

Post by Heartless »

is it this?
Spoiler:
In post 505, Death Stare wrote:
In post 486, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 483, Death Stare wrote:
In post 465, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:
In post 221, MonkeyMan wrote:You are right. I shouldn't try to lynch the new scum. I should give them a break since they are new and everything. Why would anyone ever lynch someone because they think they are scummy?

UNVOTE:

this post is also town as balls

BTW, I'd really like an explanation on this because everything about this post pings.

-Ank

This post is expressing a deep frustration that no one is listening to him and the unvote is the manifestation of his frustration. If he were scum, this would be him going balls out to lynch someone no one wants to lynch. I don't think that's what this is. Why does it ping for you?

1. He blatantly ignored practically everyone else who expressed that they found this behavior bizarre, but the moment I posted (his other expressed scumread), it caused him to unvote.
2. He didn't vote anyone else. Voting this slot immediately would've been very very town, but just pushing for another angle would've been pretty town too.
3. The satirical explanation makes no sense.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 625, Heartless wrote:You don't know, as in you're not suspicious of Death Stare anymore or... what? This recent post makes me think you still think Death Stare is scum, that's why I even asked about it in the first place.

idk as in I'm doubting myself. All of Massive, sthar, dave look really scummy and Mollie hydra and wegurts are still p suspicious to me. Stav is a totes unknown. That's already six and I'm more confident that scum is in the first 5 so GIF gets a pass today.

In post 628, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:Going "x player always calls me scum so player calling me town means they are scum" is bad reasoning unless you can back it up, which you can't,

True story, I once lynched scumMuffin for the same thing. There is an ongoing element so I don't want to talk to much about this but it is a good idea to go through my games. What happens if I go through my games and find that Mollie calls me town as scum and scum as town?

In post 644, Aneninen wrote:Wait-oh. Have I misread Nero so far?
I've checked those posts and his votes. It seems that while he's voting for a player he keeps posting why another player is scum instead of giving arguments why the voted one is scum. Am I making out things of nothing again?

I really hate this post though. You are blindly agreeing with Massive's really bad push. I mean there's more than 1 scum in this game and I'm going to answer questions directed at me so I don't see how you can think that me answering a question about why I had voted player X but my vote is on player Y. Singular and or limited scumhunting is the hallmark of scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 644, Aneninen wrote:(1) how exactly could a newbie-scum play to "pro-standards"? Show me, where Wguerts suggested us "passing" him.
(2) as if towns never tried to prevent a policy lynch.
(By the way, most of us have never thought that we should policy lynch Wguerts.)

Are you reading the game? Half the reason that Monkey and I are getting flack is 'cause we think its possible that wegurts is scum. He is new to this site and everyone (except you?) agrees that he's playing like a new player. What I was saying is that new scum playing like a new player to get a "pass" is not outside the realms of possibility. Wegurts has never suggested we give him a pass and I don't think I ever said that he said that. I think sthar suggested that and I do get the vibe that ppl don't want to lynch him 'cause he's new.

I have seen town try to prevent a pl but I've also seen scum try to prevent a pl. DS wasn't even a pl though and wegurts acting like it was was odd me thought.

In post 644, Aneninen wrote:Are you scumreading Massive too? Why? Because he scumreads you?
[/quote]
I'm scumreading him 'cause his push that my wegurts vote was a throwaway is all kinds of junk. Why do you think town would misrep me like that?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

caught up now.

dave is ignoring my questions like the plague so I know who I'm killing tonight.

davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:36 am

Post by davesaz »

In post 703, Nero Cain wrote:caught up now.

dave is ignoring my questions like the plague so I know who I'm killing tonight.

I don't see any question. Care to reiterate?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:37 am

Post by davesaz »

Not to mention, who you're killing? Really?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Aneninen »

@Nero: I'll answer tomorrow. I should be sleeping now. Tomorrow I'll have a long day.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Jingle »

Prodding Stavrogin.

sthar8 is V/LA until October 4th.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 pm

Post by Jingle »

Vote Count 1.8
A bather whose clothing was strewed
By winds that left her quite nude
Saw a man come along
And unless we are wrong
You expected this line to be lewd.
- Anonymous

50 Shades of Purple (3): Nero Cain, GrayFoxxxx, wgeurts
MonkeyMan (2): sthar8, Aneninen
MTD (2): Death Stare, 50 Shades of Purple
Nero Cain (2): davesaz, massive
GrayFoxxxx (1): Heartless
Death Stare (1): MonkeyMan
sthar8 (0):
Aneninen (0):
Stavrogin (0):
davesaz (0):
Heartless (0):
wgeurts (0):
massive (0):
No Lynch (0):
Not Voting (2): Stavrogin, MTD

With 13 Alive it is 7 to Lynch or No Lynch.

Deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2014-10-07 13:00:00) on October 7th, 2014 at 1500 PST (GMT-8).

Sthar8 is V/LA until October 4th.
Last edited by Jingle on Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a Parachute.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:26 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 705, davesaz wrote:Not to mention, who you're killing? Really?

Why do you want to know who I am killing?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

For Dave

In post 599, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of Anen saying that your vote on me is maybe a chainsaw of mollie?

If reads/votes without reasons are so scummy, why are you ignoring Heartless who has a scum read on 50 and has yet to provide reasoning?

MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:56 pm

Post by MonkeyMan »

Nero, you just told everyone who you are killing.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 710, Nero Cain wrote:For Dave

In post 599, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of Anen saying that your vote on me is maybe a chainsaw of mollie?

If reads/votes without reasons are so scummy, why are you ignoring Heartless who has a scum read on 50 and has yet to provide reasoning?

Thanks. Now I know what your post immediately after mine meant. I had to use the wiki to have a clue of what you're talking about. I'll hilight the phrase relevant to my answer.

The key to identifying this tell is intent -
it is possible to confuse Chainsaw Defense with a player who simply finds the attacker scummy
and has no intent of defense. In general, you can be reasonably sure that this tell is involved if a) the player supposedly using Chainsaw Defense has not previously been especially critical of the player he is now attacking, and b) the player supposedly using Chainsaw Defense seems to find the player he is supposedly defending at least reasonably pro-town.

The point is that you posted a naked vote. I thought it was scummy because it's a vote with no other text at all.

TBH I didn't notice the comment from Anen, and would not have known what it meant even if I did. I'll have to look at that. More correctly, I'll have to look
for
it, then I can look at it.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:47 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 709, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 705, davesaz wrote:Not to mention, who you're killing? Really?

Why do you want to know who I am killing?

I can see that this didn't come across without the tone of voice. Probably should have used some formatting there. It's supposed to be incredulous accented on the
you're killing? Really?

:roll:
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 567, Aneninen wrote:
In post 523, Nero Cain wrote:^
is scum

Why? (You meant the previous post, Nero)

In post 525, Nero Cain wrote:*rev rev rev*
^
chainsaw sounds
(Edit: it was about Davesaz's vote on Nero)

And that was the very first thing coming into my mind as I had saw that. We should keep this part of the thread in our minds, I think.

This post, I'm guessing. It wasn't directed at me and I didn't understand what it meant even if it had been...

And now, I'd
still
like to know the why behind post 523. What was scummy about that post? Correctly reading Nero hinges on this. I have no desire to tunnel, just need answers.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by davesaz »

Next case, while we wait for Nero to explain. I was initially very skeptical of the folks reading wgeurts as scum for no lynch. I thought the whole newcomer to the site and that's how we play where I come from thing seemed genuine. But later activity is very disturbing. Being newbie and not knowing what to do could go a little way to explaining it, but after a point it starts to stink. Of scum.
Spoiler: chain of posts
In post 559, wgeurts wrote:We need to start making a decision, we are all split on our reads so we need someone to take lead and feed us compelling evidence. Grayfoxx we still await your read on everyone.

In post 560, Nero Cain wrote:You don't think there's any compelling evidence at all?

In post 561, wgeurts wrote:Yes there is, there's however 23 pages to search through >.>

In post 562, Nero Cain wrote:ok, whats the compelling evidence you think?

In post 563, wgeurts wrote:Scummy play through-out the game, following others while not providing anything themselces, spurting nonsense, etc.

In post 564, Nero Cain wrote:Who is that about?

In post 565, wgeurts wrote:Anyone, just somebody find it and present it for us. We need a strong case right now so we can discuss together and not in seperate little grudge fights.

In post 566, MonkeyMan wrote:Why don't YOU go find this? Why do others have to do the work for you? It is only 23 pages.

I really don't like this, not one bit. If wgeurts is the experienced player that he claims, then he's seen the talk about PLing and the negative response it got. Playing up to the newbie (to this site) status would be a fine way to hide as scum. He can just claim that he's used to leaning on others. It seems safe to be anti-town in an obstinate way, and perhaps significantly safer than the reaction he might get if he makes a bad case.

Some of you might think I'm late to the party on this, but I'd also wonder why it's not the talk of the town. Unless you think it's too scummy to be scum?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 701, Nero Cain wrote:idk as in I'm doubting myself. All of Massive, sthar, dave look really scummy and Mollie hydra and wegurts are still p suspicious to me. Stav is a totes unknown. That's already six and I'm more confident that scum is in the first 5 so GIF gets a pass today.

sthar? Why is sthar scummy?

In post 641, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:I'd also be happy if tth talked to me and not just Mollie but I guess I don't matter to anyone :'(

But I do want to talk to you! You're an enigma to me, nacho. I'm just not very good at this game and I don't know what to ask. :(
What's so striking to me is how you and Anti seem to be on two different wavelengths, though. I need to touch base with him again to ask him what he thinks of your posting from today.

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:45 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 711, MonkeyMan wrote:Nero, you just told everyone who you are killing.

Hello MonkeyMan
. I would greatly appreciate it if you would talk to me because you're another slot I'm having trouble with.

In post 625, Heartless wrote:Let's talk for a second, MonkeyMan:
It feels like you're all over the place. You voted wgeurts first, then voted Anenien for not picking up your sarcasm and now you're voting Death Stare for... some sort of other perceived "scumslip." You seem to be so missing the forest for the trees and your voting pattern seems to be based on reactions to single posts. What's you overall (global) impression of the game so far?

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by MonkeyMan »

Ok, what do you want to talk about?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by Heartless »

I just quoted it for you!

Here, I'll do it again:
Let's talk for a second, MonkeyMan.
It feels like you're all over the place. You voted wgeurts first, then voted Anenien for not picking up your sarcasm and now you're voting Death Stare for... some sort of other perceived "scumslip." You seem to be so missing the forest for the trees and your voting pattern seems to be based on reactions to single posts. What's you overall (global) impression of the game so far?

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:48 pm

Post by MonkeyMan »

I already responded to that.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:50 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 626, MonkeyMan wrote:Wrguets is still scum. That isn't going to change but I am the only one to see it. Anen I felt was pushing an unbelievable angle, by that I mean I don't think he even thought what he was saying wasn't bull. Death did just slip. I am pretty sure they considered me as scum and yet said that Nero would be WKing me.

You did, I completely missed it.

I should really get some sleep now. :(

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:51 pm

Post by MonkeyMan »

But you wanted to talk. :'(
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:53 pm

Post by Heartless »

"Whiteknighting" is a slip? How so?

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Post by Heartless »

Your wgeurts read seems very stale. Do you have anything to say about his recent activity?

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Return to “Completed Open Games”