NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4525 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:31 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4454, shaddowez wrote:I don't have a better scum read right now

In post 4488, shaddowez wrote:
In post 4477, reinoe wrote:Hey peoples, you know that one player that everyone keeps calling scum but never gets lynched, but then at the end of the game they turn out to be scum? That's PeregrineV. He keeps getting called scum but never gets lynched.

Actually, I was thinking something along these lines earlier tonight. Out of curiosity, I did a VCA, focusing on Peregrine. I found some interesting results - the first, overarching point is that he's
never
been on a wagon that ended up in a lynch. Here's the breakdown:

D1 - Starts with an RVS vote on Elyse (conftown), then moves to Psyche (probtown - Mason) as the second vote. He then moves to tn (conftown), then moves to RoyalApe where he stays through Aegor's lynch (conftown).
D2 - Doesn't vote at all through Aero's lynch (confscum), and gives me a hard time about not being on the Aero wagon in .
D3 - His first vote of the day is on Marquis (probtown - Mason), then moves to a vote on me ({conf}town) where he stays through tn's lynch (conftown).
D4 - First vote of the day is again on Marquis, again where he stays until the Oka lynch (conftown).

He hasn't placed a vote on anybody that hasn't turned up town yet, and since day one has pretty much been planting his vote. Additionally, the people he's been voting haven't generally had wagons forming, so he's able to keep them there without risk of a townie lynch. He also has plausible deniability of never lynching a townie.

After this review and my last post regarding his scum-location, I'm convinced.

VOTE: Pere

Pretty much be posting cool pics I find, to enhance my enjoyment of this game. I've pretty much said everything a few times, and quoting myself and pointing out scumminess doesn't seem to be working. I'll entertain serious requests though.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4526 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:33 am

Post by House »

In post 4524, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4477, reinoe wrote:
In post 4053, Mirhawk wrote:SK HAS to be one of the following players.
MuffinMan
Majiffy
Peregrine
notscience
Shaddowez
RoyalApe

Re-reading Mirhawk's Iso he was chainsaw defending OkaPoka pretty hard. I suspect that he tracked OkaPoka and knew.

Also I suspect mirhawk tracked a bunch of people and since the SK is killing every night the above are people he had not yet tracked.

Interestingly enough. The list that Mirhawk presents here is full of the scummiest people in the game.

--->Peregrine, RoyalApe (Skybird), notscience<---
Two scum in here.

Hey peoples, you know that one player that everyone keeps calling scum but never gets lynched, but then at the end of the game they turn out to be scum? That's PeregrineV. He keeps getting called scum but never gets lynched.

VOTE: PeregrineV

When I flip scum, I'll nominate you for a Title change to
MENSA Scumhunter

The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4527 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:39 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4479, House wrote:I looked over his ISO but not super close. Nothing really jumped out at me, could you point out his scumminess please?

In post 4489, House wrote:Sheeping shaddowez because I like his thought process (overall, not specifically the post above). He's my strongest town read.

VOTE: PerV

I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4528 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4494, gameplay506 wrote:Oh pere is at L-1. Should I hammer?

You got to call me town first.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4529 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 4521, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4519, Psyche wrote:pv's always been one to go on about one thing and then just drop off of the face of the earth until he's prodded
and that's what the case on him seems to amount to
i don't have any reason to townread him, but the cases on him seem based on a bad premise

I have 214 posts. Quote my fluffy ones.

wat
You can't step in the same river twice.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4530 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:43 am

Post by House »

In post 4527, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4479, House wrote:I looked over his ISO but not super close. Nothing really jumped out at me, could you point out his scumminess please?

In post 4489, House wrote:Sheeping shaddowez because I like his thought process (overall, not specifically the post above). He's my strongest town read.

wat?

I flat out admit I'm at a loss for scum reads with all these theories flying around that are over my head.

Sheeping the towniest member I can find is the best I can hope for until something slaps me in the face as scumtastic.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4531 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:43 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4512, Skybird wrote:
In post 4488, shaddowez wrote:
In post 4477, reinoe wrote:Hey peoples, you know that one player that everyone keeps calling scum but never gets lynched, but then at the end of the game they turn out to be scum? That's PeregrineV. He keeps getting called scum but never gets lynched.

Actually, I was thinking something along these lines earlier tonight. Out of curiosity, I did a VCA, focusing on Peregrine. I found some interesting results - the first, overarching point is that he's
never
been on a wagon that ended up in a lynch. Here's the breakdown:

D1 - Starts with an RVS vote on Elyse (conftown), then moves to Psyche (probtown - Mason) as the second vote. He then moves to tn (conftown), then moves to RoyalApe where he stays through Aegor's lynch (conftown).
D2 - Doesn't vote at all through Aero's lynch (confscum), and gives me a hard time about not being on the Aero wagon in .
D3 - His first vote of the day is on Marquis (probtown - Mason), then moves to a vote on me ({conf}town) where he stays through tn's lynch (conftown).
D4 - First vote of the day is again on Marquis, again where he stays until the Oka lynch (conftown).

He hasn't placed a vote on anybody that hasn't turned up town yet, and since day one has pretty much been planting his vote. Additionally, the people he's been voting haven't generally had wagons forming, so he's able to keep them there without risk of a townie lynch. He also has plausible deniability of never lynching a townie.

After this review and my last post regarding his scum-location, I'm convinced.

VOTE: Pere

The only flaw I see with this is if I am remembering correctly, most of D2 happened on the weekend. At least that is when the Aero wagon really took off. PV has mentioned already that he is LA on the weekends in #3 at the bottom of his posts.

Your not doing yourself any good. You're pretty much scheduled to be the next mislynch.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4532 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:47 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4513, Marquis wrote:and even ignoring the neighborhood distribution
pv is likely scum due to his attitude about lynching out of the neighborhood- a contrast between votes and previously stated actions, in which he said he was ok with hunting out of the neighborhood earlier but when it started to get serious, he completely backed off

Well, in our hood, I'm town, Titus town and texcat town. That leaves you as scum. If you think there is a pure hood, then it has to be ours or Mirhawk. Since you are making no effort to scumhunt me in our hood, you know I'm town and don't need to scumhunt me. You knowing I'm town and pushing my lynch (except when it was time for the doc to go yesterday) means you are scum.

That's pretty much my contention the whole game, since the "mason claim".

Oh yeah, cool pic.

I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4533 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:51 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4513, Marquis wrote:also once we started to seriously consider pv as a lynch option he finally got fired up/active to fight off people accusing him, then faded away soon after
once i open up with a vote on him today, with reinoe following, he suddenly starts to be active again
that's a scum level of game involvement

Pretty much the same level of involvement. So you are pretty much making this up as you go.

The only reason I can think you want to do that is to get Pine on board.....? He probably won't read back. Might mean he is town.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4534 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4513, Marquis wrote:^ not to mention majiffy's posts about pv are very limited- only interacted basically to say "no, vote tree/marquis", always downplaying the idea of a pv lynch in comparison to other lynches, and never directly gave any sort of read about pv while joking around with him, which signals a comfortable scumpartner interaction

Yeah, if he talks to me too much then I'll figure out he is scum.

Majiffy also had no interest in lynching Masons.

In post 4113, Majiffy wrote:
In post 4100, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: Marquis

OK, Jiffy, let's see money where your mouth is.

Get it past 4 votes and I'm in.

In post 4117, Majiffy wrote:
In post 4115, Mirhawk wrote:You won't vote your top scumread unless someone else runs them up to more than four votes for you?

Needs to be a viable wagon to consider leaving a viable wagon.

Or are you new here?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4535 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:57 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4515, House wrote:Oh, forgot my unvote.

Still only 2nd miracle.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4536 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:58 am

Post by House »

In post 4535, PeregrineV wrote:

Still only 2nd miracle.

If I'm supposed to understand what you are saying, I don't.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4537 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:59 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4529, Psyche wrote:
In post 4519, Psyche wrote:pv's always been one to go on about one thing and then just drop off of the face of the earth until he's prodded
i don't have any reason to townread him, but the cases on him seem based on a bad premise

wat

When I post, I most of the time have something to say (or repeat). So, your attempt to characterize me as active lurking is pretty <incorrect>.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4538 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:00 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4536, House wrote:

Still only 2nd miracle.

You were already "convinced" to vote me. The unvote doesn't indicate you had doubt about the case on me, it's merely you trying to avoid looking as scummy when I flip town.

So, your revote doesn't count as a "Miracle revelation" about my alignment that scum needs to have in order to justify their vote.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4539 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:02 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Give shadow a chance to ignore , then someone can decide that this day has gone on long enough.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4540 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:05 am

Post by House »

In post 4538, PeregrineV wrote:

Still only 2nd miracle.

You were already "convinced" to vote me. The unvote doesn't indicate you had doubt about the case on me, it's merely you trying to avoid looking as scummy when I flip town.

So, your revote doesn't count as a "Miracle revelation" about my alignment that scum needs to have in order to justify their vote.

idc how I look. I know my alignment.

reinoe had a good idea, then abandoned it. So I carried it out to give the wagon time before somebody ninja hammered, as I have seen happen before.

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4541 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:11 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4540, House wrote:
In post 4538, PeregrineV wrote:

Still only 2nd miracle.

idc how I look. I know my alignment.

So do I, and have been using that knowledge all game.

reinoe had a good idea, then abandoned it. So I carried it out to give the wagon time before somebody ninja hammered, as I have seen happen before.
What was that? Did you ISO me?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4542 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:55 am

Post by Pine »

In post 4476, House wrote:
In post 4475, Pine wrote:You're refusing to acknowledge the forest, but for the trees.

What an interesting phrase. I wonder whether you used it specifically to grab my attention or if you just spoke off the top of your head.

In post 4475, Pine wrote:Perhaps I can rephrase, such that you'll engage my allegation instead of splitting hairs: notscience was being moody and refusing to make things easier. You're being straight-up counter-productive and refusing to engage.

You've been nothing but confrontational towards me from the first word, and now you know how I respond to such tactics.

In post 4475, Pine wrote:
At this point, I'm prepared to lynch everyone not on my Town list in a by-the-numbers fashion

Nah, lynching me is a waste of time. Don't confuse annoying and stupid with scummy.

I've been confrontational towards your anti-Town behavior. You're laser-focusing on one of the only Cop innocents we have. Shut the fuck up and be productive. Even if you turn out to be the one or so Town on the list of four I made, lynching a counterproductive Townie is a net gain. If it were just me, I'd chain lynch all four of you, pending review based on flips.
Later posts are making me rethink this, preserving it as a representation of my stream-of-consciousness read.
In post 4503, gameplay506 wrote:I think Pine is scum guys. Like really scum. I am not sure on pere seeing how it developed.

Welp a message to our lovely SK:
Dear mister SK,
We need your help. You see the game will soon be over if we dont lynch correctly today and if you kill town again we might not win. I mean nor town nor you could win. And you see we have no idea in who you could be. So please try killing scum tonight. If you it'll reward you greatly by probably winning. Use your own reads mister SK but I suggest Pine dies. Like stab that bitch several times till he becomes a bloody, meaty mess. Ty ty :3

Pedit: oh house are you the SK? :(

Gameplay is hardcore SK-hunting. I'm completely rethinking the suggestion of Godfather. I still refuse to support lynching a Cop inno at this stage, but if we narrow it down further with no Godfather flip, this post alone changes everything. It reeks. Also, if you look back at Psyche's Majiffy quotes in 4513, Majiffy was discrediting the innocent on Reinoe, not Gameplay.

Unvote
House has a point. Voting Gameplay at this point is
stupid
, but I now understand the desire.

Psyche 4513 is a Townpost. Scum that think they're secure in a Mason fake claim are not likely to be that helpful.

PeregrineV is on my list and (I think) is at L-1, and is attacking the wagon on himself rather than pursuing an alternative. I'm ready to lynch him, but I'd prefer to have another day or so to solidify my thoughts, as I'm a good candidate for a NK. Consider this preparedness to hammer. Do we have a claim from PV? I'd also like to hear one before the end.

Currently suspecting Skybird more than Shaddowez. Still very on the fence about House
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4543 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Pine »

Suspicion of Skybird vs Shaddowez is based on Skybird's lack of effort, Shaddowez seems to be making an effort at logic. Too early to tell, though, this is why I want more time

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4544 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:12 am

Post by Psyche »

In post 4537, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 4529, Psyche wrote:

wat

When I post, I most of the time have something to say (or repeat). So, your attempt to characterize me as active lurking is pretty <incorrect>.

i'm not saying that you active lurk
im saying that your activity patterns aren't a good reason to lynch you
You can't step in the same river twice.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4545 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:24 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4542, Pine wrote:PeregrineV is on my list and (I think) is at L-1, and is attacking the wagon on himself rather than pursuing an alternative. I'm ready to lynch him, but I'd prefer to have another day or so to solidify my thoughts, as I'm a good candidate for a NK. Consider this preparedness to hammer. Do we have a claim from PV? I'd also like to hear one before the end.

I've pursued lots of alternatives, and gave my reads and reasons.

If you beleive the mason claim and cop innocents, then you believe

In 1 neighborhoods of 4 people that are all town
Then your looking for 2-3 scum and an SK in
notscience
House
Skybird
Shadow

If you think scum has 4 players, then one of the above is town, the rest are scum of some sort.

If you think Shadow is town, then The Aeronaut hood has 2 scum in it, and there were 2 hoods (masonrys in fact) with no scum.

This is all from your PoV.

Did I miss anything?

Spoiler:
Neighborhoods

marquis
/
titus-cop
/
pv
/
texcat

tn5421
/
aero
/
gameplay (Titus cop result)
/skybird
Mirhawk-tracker
/
Aegor-bodyguard?
/
Oka-doc
/Shadowez

Not in hood

Josh

reinoe (Titus cop result)

notscience
Pine
Elyse
TSO

Majiffy

House
Psyche

If you can confirm this before I flip, scum will thank you. if you cannot, then you need to read and think.

Your choice.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4546 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4544, Psyche wrote:i'm not saying that you active lurk
im saying that your activity patterns aren't a good reason to lynch you

There is no case, just scum and bad town.

4545 applies almost verbatim to you, too, except you have Pine as an option. Confirm that it represents your opinion. You know, in case you get killed.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4547 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:31 am

Post by Pine »

I am very, very wary of trying to outguess the mod, especially given that the very first post of the thread cautions that there is a "twist" to the setup.

So yes, I very much do believe that a 4-Town neighborhood is possible. Personally, in my list of four people, I'm guessing two scum. As I said, Gameplay's SK-hunting is a huge red flag, and if no Godfather flips from the remainder, he's a good option in LyLo

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4548 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Pine »

Also, the numbers I'm looking at suggest 4 Mafia, 1 SK or 5 Mafia 1 Vig. Also remotely possible 2 teams of 2, teams of 3 are remote at this stage

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4549 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:35 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 4547, Pine wrote:I am very, very wary of trying to outguess the mod, especially given that the very first post of the thread cautions that there is a "twist" to the setup.

So yes, I very much do believe that a 4-Town neighborhood is possible. Personally, in my list of four people, I'm guessing two scum. As I said, Gameplay's SK-hunting is a huge red flag, and if no Godfather flips from the remainder, he's a good option in LyLo

And Shadow is town? That would mean 2 4-Town neighborhoods.

and 2 mafiascum and 1 SK.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”