Newbie 1544 - Shakespeare Mafia: GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.2

Thou speak'st aright;
I am that merry wanderer of the night.

aphix
(2): Jagged Appliance, House
Conrad
(2): roseylily, Shinobi
Klingoncelt
(1): aphix
Nachomamma8
(1): Klingoncelt

Not Voting
(3): Conrad, hephaestus, Nachomamma8

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: October 28, Midnight Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2014-10-28 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by aphix »

In post 48, House wrote:
In post 47, roseylily wrote:
In post 16, aphix wrote:Roseylilly: What do you think of shinobis RVS sheep here?

It was an RVS vote, and it was only the second vote. I don't think it's a particularly scummy move.

I'm House, and I approve this post.

Agreed.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:04 pm

Post by House »

Still waiting.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:06 pm

Post by aphix »

Hopefully House is has patience.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 31, House wrote:Hi all!

VOTE: aphix

You sure are digging in your heels on an RVS vote, and the deliberate misrep means more coming from an SE than if it had simply been a newbie.

Serious vote is serious. RVS over.

Aphix is undoubtedly my strongest town read for his attempts to get the game started. I don't think the misrep had any scum motivation behind it: he was bored because the game was going slowly, and so he pressured Klingon to get a reaction out of him and jumped the gun too hard when looking for contradictions.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:20 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 43, House wrote:
In post 42, Shinobi wrote:It doesn't matter if RVS has a purpose or not. You can totes question someone on their RVS.

I don't get why you're classifying my arguments as "white knighting" when I'm just trying to understand where this argument is coming from. It really doesn't feel all that important.

Funny, voting someone for acting scummy isn't all that important... but giving a player the third degree for casting a random vote on somebody that hasn't even posted yet (
and thus having no interaction to analyze
) is somehow justifiable?

Moonlogic.

It seems justifiable to me. The game hadn't started, aphix isn't sure how to get the game started, aphix is overaggressive, not to mention that I've never regarded overly aggressive questioning as a bad thing.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by House »

In post 54, Nachomamma8 wrote:

You sure are digging in your heels on an RVS vote, and the deliberate misrep means more coming from an SE than if it had simply been a newbie.

Aphix is undoubtedly my strongest town read for his attempts to get the game started. I don't think the misrep had any scum motivation behind it: he was bored because the game was going slowly, and so he pressured Klingon to get a reaction out of him and jumped the gun too hard when looking for contradictions.

I actually agree with you. Shinobi is the one that has pinged my scumdar with irrational excuses and deflection.

VOTE: Shinobi

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 44, House wrote:Shinobi or aphix, I want to hear from one of you an explanation on how a player can suspect someone of being scum that hasn't even posted.

I refuse to address either of you until one of you explains this sort of strategy.

The only legitimate reasons to have a serious suspicion on a player who hasn't posted are 1) night info, or 2) town reads on the rest of the playerlist. Since these are both illegitimate at this point in the game, I find it pretty reasonable for aphix to call someone out when he sees them with a scumread on a non posting player. Sure, he interpreted it incorrectly, but I don't see strong reasoning for scum to misrep town on page 2 of a game: it's not like he's getting a mislynch out of it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

That's a fair scumread.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:28 pm

Post by House »

In post 55, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 43, House wrote:
In post 42, Shinobi wrote:It doesn't matter if RVS has a purpose or not. You can totes question someone on their RVS.

I don't get why you're classifying my arguments as "white knighting" when I'm just trying to understand where this argument is coming from. It really doesn't feel all that important.

Funny, voting someone for acting scummy isn't all that important... but giving a player the third degree for casting a random vote on somebody that hasn't even posted yet (

Moonlogic.

It seems justifiable to me. The game hadn't started, aphix isn't sure how to get the game started, aphix is overaggressive, not to mention that I've never regarded overly aggressive questioning as a bad thing.

Aggressive and logical is good, but twisting a person's words to pressure them is b/s.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 56, House wrote:
In post 54, Nachomamma8 wrote:

I actually agree with you. Shinobi is the one that has pinged my scumdar with irrational excuses and deflection.

VOTE: Shinobi

I fail to see anything scummy about my posts, but maybe I'm biased.

Could you explain without simplifying my posts into nothingness?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by aphix »

In post 59, House wrote:
In post 43, House wrote:

Moonlogic.

Aggressive and logical is good, but twisting a person's words to pressure them is b/s.

Hardly twisting words. Perhaps you are reading too much into the caps that are there because my phone weirded out and I wasn't going to go back and retype everything.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:58 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I actually find it incredibly odd that Nacho did the exact same thing that I just did but says the scumread on me is fine.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:15 pm

Post by Shinobi »

VOTE: Nacho

Yeah that post is bullshit and I'm voting him for it.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:21 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 29, aphix wrote:So why the vote on him?

So why not?

Is there some rule I'm unaware of that says that you're allowed to tell the noobs how to vote?

Your overreaction to an RVS vote makes it pretty clear, you and Nacho are scumbuddies.

Okay, game over, Town wins.

Yay!

In/next
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 61, aphix wrote:
In post 59, House wrote:
In post 43, House wrote:

Moonlogic.

Hardly twisting words. Perhaps you are reading too much into the caps that are there because my phone weirded out and I wasn't going to go back and retype everything.

It was
nothing but
twisting words.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:24 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 57, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 44, House wrote:Shinobi or aphix, I want to hear from one of you an explanation on how a player can suspect someone of being scum that hasn't even posted.

I refuse to address either of you until one of you explains this sort of strategy.

The only legitimate reasons to have a serious suspicion on a player who hasn't posted are 1) night info, or 2) town reads on the rest of the playerlist. Since these are both illegitimate at this point in the game, I find it pretty reasonable for aphix to call someone out when he sees them with a scumread on a non posting player. Sure, he interpreted it incorrectly, but I don't see strong reasoning for scum to misrep town on page 2 of a game: it's not like he's getting a mislynch out of it.

Umm, letmethinkaboutitno.

He flipped out over my RVSing an IC. He didn't say shit about you being a lurker. Nor did I.

You two are terrible as Scum.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 62, Shinobi wrote:I actually find it incredibly odd that Nacho did the exact same thing that I just did but says the scumread on me is fine.

It's not like I have a scumread on you for it, I just don't have a town read on you for it. Why is that suspicious?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:37 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 59, House wrote:
In post 43, House wrote:

Moonlogic.

Then why do you have a town read on him?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:41 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 66, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 57, Nachomamma8 wrote:

Umm, letmethinkaboutitno.

He flipped out over my RVSing an IC. He didn't say shit about you being a lurker. Nor did I.

You two are terrible as Scum.

House stated that Aphix bringing up the possibility of you thinking I was scum didn't make sense because you would have no legitimate reason to suspect someone who hadn't posted. I agreed there was no legitimate reason to suspect someone who hadn't posted, then pointed out that would actually be a pretty solid reason to question someone.

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Aphix post 16: "Klingon: Why the IC vote? Classic newbie scum move there."

Aphix post 23: "Still doesn't explain to me why the IC?"

Where in those quotes does anyone see the word "lurker?"

Nowhere, that's where.

I never said anything about Nacho lurking.

Someone's lying about my RVS vote.

Which is now a serious vote.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 70, Klingoncelt wrote:Aphix post 16: "Klingon: Why the IC vote? Classic newbie scum move there."

Aphix post 23: "Still doesn't explain to me why the IC?"

Where in those quotes does anyone see the word "lurker?"

Nowhere, that's where.

I never said anything about Nacho lurking.

Someone's lying about my RVS vote.

Which is now a serious vote.

No, wait, I posted that too soon while highly distracted.

Nacho, are you Aphix's Scum Buddy?

Aphix, why are you White Knighting Nacho? Why are so so after a noob in her very first game here?

And, Aphix, why the OMGUS vote on Jagged Appliance?
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:32 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Vote: Aphix
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Hast thou the flower there? Welcome, wanderer.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Ay, there it is.

Idic

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”