Open 570: Making Friends and Enemies (Mafia Wins!)

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Wisdom »

True that, and add Peabody to that pile now that he unvoted
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1662, Josh_B wrote:Oh jeeze. Now it's my turn to sit back and throw stones while someone else does all the work, shinobi style.

Watching Wisdom question Shinobi is like watching my 5 year old dig out icecream with a plastic spoon. But hey look, a clear and clever contradiction.

In post 1655, Shinobi wrote:You keep dictating what I should/shouldn't be doing and it's ridiculous.

Reminds me of a time not so long ago at the beginning of this DP. When a certain somebody was upset that somebody else didn't do enough to stop a wagon.

I support a Shinobi lynch

Except this isn't what I accused you of.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:58 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1673, Malakittens wrote:Ugh never.

Reads plx.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:53 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 1676, Shinobi wrote:Except this isn't what I accused you of.

Does that change the part about dictating what other people should do?
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Shinobi »

Josh_B wrote:
In post 1676, Shinobi wrote:Except this isn't what I accused you of.

Does that change the part about dictating what other people should do?

No, because that isn't what I accused you of.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:22 am

Post by Josh_B »

Maybe I should be more clear about the connection that I'm making and how it is a contradiction

Shinobi dictates that Josh should have taken an action retroactively
Wisdom dictates that Shinobi should have a flexible read on UcT.

You know what. I'm actually seeing a pattern here of Wisdom jumping around trying to get everyone to change their reads.
But Shinobi, I do want you to know that Mala has given her reads semi recently. So I'm not sure what you are asking for from her.
I kind feel silly asking for her, but I'm curious and I'm not sure if she's going to ask you herself.
About WIFOM: Sometimes I just get thirsty and drink both glasses.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:47 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

@ - That first section isn't contradictory at all. It states you were scum-reading Pea, which you were. You didn't push it though, instead, you chose to focus on defending Dave. Gaining town-cred in the process.

Like I said, had Dave been under threat of being lynched, I could understand you trying to defend him. This was just an opportunity for you to try and look like town.

Now, if I'm a tunnely player like you, then you know full well that the tunnel doesn't end quickly. Therefore, you should have been expecting me to continue pushing. The fact you started scum-reading me contradicts your earlier explanation for why I was town.

You didn't vote Josh in and . You stated he was scummy and voted Pea.

You voted Josh in . His wagon in the ascendency and an opportunistic vote.

You stated earlier that you 'only explain reads when you feel it necessary'. Why was it more imporant to explain your town-read on Dave when asked by somebody else as opposed to when I was pushing him and thinking he was scum? Also, you 'liking his posts' is ridiculously generic and fluffy, I want you to elaborate.

Yeah, I mean, scum self-hammering. That's so bad for town right? I mean scum hammering themselves, whatever would we do?

You haven't pushed Pea hard at all, especially given you're 'notorious' for your death-tunnelling. You've voted him, whilst pursuing other people. You've never truly pushed him.

Here's my theory why. When scum soft-buss scum all day, they accomplish a few things. Firstly, it truly looks like they're scum-hunting. Your case is legit because you know him to be scum, but you have to balance it so you don't push so hard that everybody joins. I think you have done that pretty well.

Secondly, you don't attract unwanted attention from townies. When you attack a townie, they ask why? They investigate, they ask questions etc etc. When you do it to your own scum partner, you don't have any of this to deal with.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:56 am

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 1650, Shinobi wrote:I've already discovered that uct is town.

I went over your ISO and i'm probably tired from work, but did anyone straight up ask you why you think i'm town and did you answer them, because all that I got from you is you saying that I'm a self perpetuating logic person.

To me, that doesn't show why anyone is town; in fact it shows scumminess.
"Also the town owes uctriton an apology for throwing him under the bus." - RXK
"I hate whoever shot triton." - Bumi
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:13 am

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1682, uctriton00 wrote:
In post 1650, Shinobi wrote:I've already discovered that uct is town.

I went over your ISO and i'm probably tired from work, but did anyone straight up ask you why you think i'm town and did you answer them, because all that I got from you is you saying that I'm a self perpetuating logic person.

To me, that doesn't show why anyone is town; in fact it shows scumminess.

Nobody has asked me, no.

Speaking of which, is there any particular reason your scumreads have all happened on the current likely wagons?

In post 1680, Josh_B wrote:Maybe I should be more clear about the connection that I'm making and how it is a contradiction

Shinobi dictates that Josh should have taken an action retroactively
Wisdom dictates that Shinobi should have a flexible read on UcT.

You know what. I'm actually seeing a pattern here of Wisdom jumping around trying to get everyone to change their reads.
But Shinobi, I do want you to know that Mala has given her reads semi recently. So I'm not sure what you are asking for from her.
I kind feel silly asking for her, but I'm curious and I'm not sure if she's going to ask you herself.

Shinobi dictates that Josh shouldn't try to hop onto a stupid last minute wagon that he isn't even convinced enough to follow up on to avoid "lynching town."

It is not at all the same thing.

Also, my concern with Mala is that this huge fight broke out and she fixated on one little thing instead of posting thoughts on what was going on. I'm thinking it's probably because of the V/LA, but I need to know what she thinks of Wisdom v Josh.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:17 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

I want to see a hell of a lot more from Mala after her V/LA. Those posts were awful.

More from GM aswell.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by goodmorning »

SIX PAGES

I AM TRYING TO READ

I HAVE SCHOOL WEDNESDAYS

WHY

In post 1561, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Hmm, I was starting to think Josh was town as well.

More due to Pea's vote on him though. If he's bussing, he's fooled me for now.

VOTE: Peabody

lolololololololololololol what

In post 1649, Peabody wrote:BBT, why are you pretending to scumread Wisdom?

I laughed so hard when I read this question.

SO HARD.

In post 1650, Shinobi wrote:GM is hardly playing so I can't question her.

What questions do you have? ASK AWAYYYYY

In post 1674, Josh_B wrote:
In post 1522, beastcharizard wrote:Not voting(5):Malakittens, hephaestus, gooodmorning, Huntress

I don't want to pressure anyone into making a decision, but this vote count looks like we're in mylo.

well i am ALMOST DONE

GET EXCITE

In post 1684, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I want to see a hell of a lot more from Mala after her V/LA. Those posts were awful.

More from GM aswell.

I was trying to think of some polite way to say, "then stop shitting up the thread while I'm in class, christ on a unicycle" but politeness escapes me at the moment.

I've got like 15 pages left, not counting 62-68 which I've just read and so probably won't reread in my reread.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

@Shinobi, no I don't know nor ever really notice when I play

So, please walk me through your logical process of how I became town, using evidence before your post where you first claimed I'm town
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:16 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 847, Shinobi wrote:Rofl, I think so.

I really don't think it's a bad thing to find town.

This post, 847, is where you came to a realization I am town

How did you get there
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by beastcharizard »

Vote Count

Josh_B(2): Shinobi, ucitron00
BlueBloodedToffee(1): Josh_B
Hephaestus(1): davesaz
Shinobi: Wisdom
Wisdom: BlueBloodedToffee

Not voting(5):Malakittens, hephaestus, goodmorning, Huntress, Peabody
With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2014-10-27 20:00:00)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1684, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:I want to see a hell of a lot more from Mala after her V/LA. Those posts were awful.

More from GM aswell.

Oh shut up. They weren't awful considering your posts at the time I was commenting were pretty bad, but please do explain how they were awful.

So Huntress post with her reads DO come off as more town-Huntress then scum-Huntress so my read on her has strengthened. In addition she's not doing her little scum tell thing so yeah~

BBT I have zero clue on why you are voting Wisdom, but it just a horrible vote that you should consider changing it ASAP. Like seriously this isn't scum Wisdom and you both act so similarly it's incredible.

I also had a theory that would indicate BBT-town and no I'm not sharing it with the class as of right now, but my willingness to jump on the BBT train has decreased.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Uct for me is becoming more and more scum in my eyes.

I don't like the change of his read on Heph. This seems really opportunistic IMO. He hasn't answered a question that I asked him back in D1 in regards to a comment that he made on Heph. This seems to me that he can't back up what he was trying to convey back in D1.

VOTE: Uct

Shinobi this would be the time to explain Uct-town because I'm not seeing it.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:07 pm

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1681, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:@ - That first section isn't contradictory at all. It states you were scum-reading Pea, which you were. You didn't push it though, instead, you chose to focus on defending Dave. Gaining town-cred in the process.

Peabody wasn't around to push him. You and Dave were around. I focus on what's around.

Like I said, had Dave been under threat of being lynched, I could understand you trying to defend him. This was just an opportunity for you to try and look like town.

In danger of getting lynched or not doesn't matter. In my view you had a bad read and you had to stop it because it was distracting for the game in general.

Now, if I'm a tunnely player like you, then you know full well that the tunnel doesn't end quickly. Therefore, you should have been expecting me to continue pushing. The fact you started scum-reading me contradicts your earlier explanation for why I was town.

I've tunneled a lot in the past but I rarely had people trying to make me understand where I was wrong. Mostly people were frustrated and either ignored me or scumread me. In the few cases that people saw my tunneling and tried to help me clear my mind, I did listen to them. You, on the other hand, didn't care about what I was saying and mostly wanted me to go away so you can continue your dave tunnel.

You didn't vote Josh in and . You stated he was scummy and voted Pea.

I had switched from Peabody to you. I saw I wasn't sure about you being scum after metaing you so I switched back to Peabody. Josh voting you had its impact too because I had been finding him scummy in D2. I said so.

You voted Josh in . His wagon in the ascendency and an opportunistic vote.

The fact his wagon was in the ascendency helped me pressure him more, which was the intention of my vote in the first place. This is why I posted that vc too, to show him he's getting votes.

You stated earlier that you 'only explain reads when you feel it necessary'. Why was it more imporant to explain your town-read on Dave when asked by somebody else as opposed to when I was pushing him and thinking he was scum? Also, you 'liking his posts' is ridiculously generic and fluffy, I want you to elaborate.

I did not care to explain to you because you clearly didn't want to listen. Others asking me care to listen because they're trying to develop a read on Dave. So I help them.

Yeah, I mean, scum self-hammering. That's so bad for town right? I mean scum hammering themselves, whatever would we do?

Caught scum often self-hammer themselves so that the town can't discuss more and find their buddies. Josh looked like he was in that position. At L-1 and with nobody appearing to want to change their mind on him.

You haven't pushed Pea hard at all, especially given you're 'notorious' for your death-tunnelling. You've voted him, whilst pursuing other people. You've never truly pushed him.

I've said everything I've found bad about him each time he posts. There's no way to have a lengthy 1v1 with him if he's not here posting.

Here's my theory why. When scum soft-buss scum all day, they accomplish a few things. Firstly, it truly looks like they're scum-hunting. Your case is legit because you know him to be scum, but you have to balance it so you don't push so hard that everybody joins. I think you have done that pretty well.

Except I did push hard. Explain how someone can push harder than I did with Peabody not being here.

Secondly, you don't attract unwanted attention from townies. When you attack a townie, they ask why? They investigate, they ask questions etc etc. When you do it to your own scum partner, you don't have any of this to deal with.

So by this logic, everyone I've attacked must be scum. What a big scumteam.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:41 pm

Post by Wisdom »

At this rate, I see the day going to deadline.

Can we vote Shinobi or BBT already?
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:57 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

In post 1690, Malakittens wrote:Uct for me is becoming more and more scum in my eyes.

I don't like the change of his read on Heph. This seems really opportunistic IMO. He hasn't answered a question that I asked him back in D1 in regards to a comment that he made on Heph. This seems to me that he can't back up what he was trying to convey back in D1.

Maybe you're scum actually too.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:59 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

Heph read? It went from him playing his meta, now he placed a bad vote in me (kinda like you just did now).
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1692, Wisdom wrote:At this rate, I see the day going to deadline.

Can we vote Shinobi or BBT already?

Nobody is going to listen to you because I'm town, so I don't know what you're trying to do here.

And I think BBT is town, so...Good luck with that, bro.
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:00 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 1693, uctriton00 wrote:
In post 1690, Malakittens wrote:Uct for me is becoming more and more scum in my eyes.

Maybe you're scum actually too.

Again, do you have
any
scumreads that aren't grounded in OMGUS or opportunistic bandwagons?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Post by Shinobi »

I have questions I'll ask in the morning. Two AM does not bode well for my mafia brain.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by Wisdom »

@uctriton
Mala isn't scum. And heph never voted you.

@Shinobi
Posting things like that is not going to make people not listen to me, I'm afraid.
uctriton00
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
uctriton00
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Post by uctriton00 »

He didnt?

Return to “Completed Open Games”