MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by MonkeyMan »

In post 1448, Death Stare wrote:Self-voting outside of scum self-hammering is anti-town, that's why.

The demand also has yet to be fulfilled, so I will not accept a lynch at this point.

GIF and I are still in the process of syncing. Our reads have significantly progressed since daystart.

Why the hell do scum care if they are anti-town? Also, you just said you haven't voted yourself because you can't hammer yet said only scum should do that. You just claimed you were scum.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by Aneninen »

@DeathStare.
Your reply is terrible.

DeathStare wrote:
In post 1432, Aneninen wrote:Your version about the Night2 events. Your reasons for voting for MonkeyMan. Plus, I'd like to see some answers for my questions asked in .

It's pretty obvious from where I'm standing where the other kill went; it was protected by a doctor (which should not claim).1 One thing I would like people to think about is who out of 50Shades and us would be more likely to be sent to make the kill if we're scumpartners.2
I've already outlined my MonkeyMan scumread here and here.3 The first one is self-explanatory (go look throughout somewhat-early D1 if your memory on it has waned. It took up enough space that quoting or posting links is going to be annoying for everyone involved), but the second one looks like newb-scum trying to find an excuse for townreading their partner.
Re: 1389
Aneninen wrote:Wait-oh.
MonkeyMan had not posted anything about being a Roleblocker before you posted this. How do you know what happened at Night?!

It's not exactly hard to guess. GIF was the one who posted that, but the way MM was so overly eager to 1v1 us in this tunnelly way was a pretty heavy softclaim of a role guilty. A cop would've just outed their result if they were going to go on this route, so the only other option is a role blocker.4
The rest... I can't really answer. This is all GIF's territory and the amount of syncing we've done in the past forever is virtually nil.

DeathStare wrote:To answer whoever's question
Who in this game would ask for a missing kill other than a roleblocker?5

(1) By using Ockham's Razor which one is more possible? (A) The Mafia Kill disappeared because of a Roleblocker targetted a Mafia (B) The Roleblocker blocked a town and there's a Doc who protected someone else. The only one who could confirm (B) would be the Doctor – if it exists at all –, and we all agree that he must not claim now. Therefore, your reasoning is not working.
(2) How does that make sense? If both of you are/were Mafia and you preformed the kill, we're back at MonkeyMan's explanation. And it's clear that the 50Shades kill was done by the Mafia.
(3) Is that your only argument against MonkeyMan? Haven't you ever seen a townie misreading someone? (Especially since you call him a bad player later!)
(4) MonkeyMan's gameplay would have too made perfect sense if he were a Cop. (Or, as a weak case though, it would have been also possible if were a VT.) It was
you
who mentioned that you had been roleblocked way before MonkeyMan claimed. Before this answer I thought that you knew about the roleblock because you have a town-PR but you haven't even tried to crumb or softclaim this possibility (that'swhy I've been waiting with my vote 'till now). Therefore, you must be the scum who performed the (blocked) Nightkill.

There are other things as well. For example, most of my questions about your setup speculation remained unanswered. You are constantly ignoring the possibility of an SK
now
yet
you told us in that
"the remaining mafia knows who the Serial Killer is."
(And, what if you
know perfectly
that there is only
one
remaining Mafia?!)
Also, is about discrediting MonkeyMan. Even if his post about self-voting was terrible (in – but that came
later
than your discrediting !), his case is NOT. (MonkeyMan, apart from very strange situations – and this is not amongst them – self-voting never ever helps the town.)

VOTE: DeathStare
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:04 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1451, Aneninen wrote:And it's clear that the 50Shades kill was done by the Mafia.

I uh.... what?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:06 pm

Post by Aneninen »

F-ck, thanks for pointing it out.

Post-edit: And it's clear that the 50Shades kill was NOT done by the Mafia.
That's happening when I'm in a hurry to work.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:10 pm

Post by sthar8 »

K, just making sure.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:59 pm

Post by MTD »

In post 1450, MonkeyMan wrote:
In post 1448, Death Stare wrote:Self-voting outside of scum self-hammering is anti-town, that's why.

The demand also has yet to be fulfilled, so I will not accept a lynch at this point.

GIF and I are still in the process of syncing. Our reads have significantly progressed since daystart.

Why the hell do scum care if they are anti-town? Also, you just said you haven't voted yourself because you can't hammer yet said only scum should do that. You just claimed you were scum.

lolno, try reading.

So now, right now just about everything is possible rolewise?
with DS and MM, anything is possible (again).
I am lost on this.
still the same old MTD
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Death Stare »

Aneninen:

1. If you're going to just discount whatever I say, then why did you ask me what my version of night 2 was anyway? Imagine if you're town in this situation. Wouldn't you end up with the same conclusion?
2. Your response has nothing to do with what I said at all. I was asking which between 50Shades and us would send in the mafia kill.
3. After syncing with GIF and talking about the setup, we both believe at this point that it's nearly impossible for MM to be scum, so this is a moot argument anyway. There's only one possible way he's a mafia roleblocker, but that relies on terrible townplay (worse than I believe anyone here is capable of).
4. I already stated why a cop doesn't make sense. Debunk that argument and explain why it makes sense. Saying it makes perfect sense and not even addressing why I said it wasn't a strong possibility is badposting.

I fully believe GIF was referring to the white knighting statement with that advice. Also, GIF was the one who did all the setup-spec in thread. I didn't even read any of it.

I'm probably going to be unable to post for the next close to 12 hours. If we are hammered by that point, then town
NEEDS
to massclaim tomorrow.
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:13 am

Post by Death Stare »

One last note: if the last sentence happens, then you are most likely in MyLo. I believe this is a 3-man scumteam.

-Ank (last two are mine).
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:31 am

Post by Death Stare »

I realized while I was in the shower that GIF and I completely discounted the possibility of there no being a town roleblocker at all. We'll have to discuss this more while we finish syncing.

-Ank
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:32 am

Post by Death Stare »

Lack of Heartless is saddening.

-Ank
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:03 am

Post by Aneninen »

@DeathStare:

(1) Read my last post again (). You shall find an answer there why I asked you about Night2. If I were to vote for you regardless of your answer I could have done so before your answer or without interacting with you at all. Also, your post about Night2 didn't contain certain possible scenarios.
(2) This point makes zero sense. The most probable sequence of events was the following: you sent the Nightkill and it was blocked by MonkeyMan. 50Shades was killed by either the SK or a Vig.
(3) If you think it's nearly impossible that MonkeyMan is scum, why are you voting for him? Besides, if he were a Mafia Roleblocker, it would have been much better for him not to do anything.
(4) I still disagree with that. I've already explained this before.

Also, 3-man scumteam? You talked about a 2-man Mafia team before. Or do you mean an SK included? You ignored this possibility in your explanation post. Unless I'm misreading your posts, you're contradicting yourself.
MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:31 am

Post by MonkeyMan »

Would it be anti-town for Death Stare to say where they think the kill went?
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:29 am

Post by davesaz »

There have to be 5+ town PR to get 3 scum with a godfather.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:23 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1461, MonkeyMan wrote:Would it be anti-town for Death Stare to say where they think the kill went?

No. Scum already have that information, so speculating on it doesn't give them anything new.
MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:04 am

Post by MonkeyMan »

Alright Death Stare, who do you think the person who was shot at was?
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:44 am

Post by Ankamius »

Aneninen: You ignored my requests (2 and 4). I was explaining my point and asking for yours in 4 and straight up asking a question in 2. Dont blow them off.

@3: forgot since I was in a hurry. I'll unvote (and quote this post) on the hydra account when I have access to a computer.

@1: There indeed are other scenarios. The ones I saw (like another roleblock or no kill) simply make no sense.

MonkeyMan: I'd have to talk to GIF to give a better answer, but off the top of my head, I would say Heartless or MTD.

davesaz: There is nothing else that makes sense to me except DRTTTTT.
MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:20 am

Post by MonkeyMan »

In post 1435, Ankamius wrote:It's pretty obvious from where I'm standing where the other kill went

You say it was so obvious where the kill went yet you think it was to two people? How does that make any sense. I was lead to believe you would give one answer but yet you gave to and said: "I need to talk to my partner to give a better answer."

You are scum.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Heartless »

what am i doing?

what's my name?
who am i?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:31 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1459, Death Stare wrote:Lack of Heartless is saddening.

-Ank

/hasn't said a word to us since the beginning of the game

el-oh-el

VOTE: deathstare
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 1326, Heartless wrote:I'm tempted to call Nero Cain and massive town from that flip, though.

Why?

In post 1338, sthar8 wrote:Also everybody on the yoggreuts wagon now has NO proficiency cred. That was fucking awful and you should feel bad.

:(

In post 1350, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1349, Heartless wrote:Knowing that mollie jumped onto the massive wagon after pressure might tell us something though, I'm just not sure what yet. My first inclination is that it means massive is town.

Why town? Mollie was clearly calling Massive scum but was hesitant to vote. Why do you think that isn't not wanting to vote a scumbud?

She thought Massive was scum? I thought she was twisting the Massive argument into a Sthar scumread?

In post 1385, Death Stare wrote:1) I'm willing to be flipped for the sake of people puzzlesolving, but does my townflip condemns MonkeyMan?
2) SK has only 1 bulletproof and since wugerts was roleblocked N1, that means SK didn't kill or mafia hit a bulletproof SK.

1) I'm not aware of any way your townflip would condemn MonkeyMan. Maybe an investigation result or setup speculation.
2) We don't know if there are other roles affecting the kills. We could have a vig, or there could be a doc or other power role interfering with the kills. I agree with Sthar that a massclaim should happen at some point.

In post 1389, Aneninen wrote:MonkeyMan had not posted anything about being a Roleblocker before you posted this. How do you know what happened at Night?!

Probably the way he targeted DeathStare and proceeded to make a case fit a read rather than the other way around. Or at least, this is why I think MonkeyMan's claim is probably legit.

In post 1389, Aneninen wrote:There are more problems with this specualtion.
(1) You ruled out 0T, T and 2T because of "flipped townies". There are two flipped VTs so, your logic makes no sense here.
(2) Where is the missing kill of Night1? What if there's a 1-shot Vig? What if there's a Vig who didn't kill? What if there's a Doc? What if the SK and the Mafia both targetted TSO?
(3) Why do you think that we have more than 1 Town Roleblocker? If we have one Roleblocker that one is NOT 1-shot and it must be MonkeyMan.
(4) Crosskill both Nights? How do you know that? TSO was VT, how on Gods' Green Earth could it have been a Crosskill?! Had the SK targetted a Mafia at Night1, a Mafia would have died. Had the Mafia targetted the SK at Night1, there should have been 2 kills at Night2. (Regardless of their target.)
(5) Why does the Mafia know who the SK is?

1) I think he misunderstood how the setup was determined and thought the T's were represented by the VT's in the setup.
3) Well, if he's town and thinks Monkeyman could be a roleblocker, I think this is a fair conclusion to come up with.
Everything else in his theory is based on these two points. The crosskill doesn't make sense, and I think he just means mafia hit SK night 1 and SK hit mafia night 2.

In post 1407, Nero Cain wrote:Well obviously PGO isn't in the game so him fake claiming PGO looks like a vig/sk claim. So I think he did kill 50 and you are obviously lying about blocking him.

In post 1408, Nero Cain wrote:but if Monkey is scum and is basically fakeclaiming then that would be pretty much suicide me thinks unless he has a scumbuddy left so I'm of the mind to lynch not Monkey/DS today.

? If MonkeyMan really did roleblock DeathStare, then DeathStare can't be the vig/SK (or at least not the person who killed Purple).

And the PGO thing just looks like a joke, not a fake-claim.

In post 1410, Nero Cain wrote:You know that thing that I said about Mollie being scum 'cause town Mollie doesn't town read me? Yea,
skies is guilty of the same thing

And you're making this accusation based on what? Two large games I replaced out of on Day 1? As if even if it were true, I couldn't change my perspective of you? I remember notscience getting paranoid of me in a game for a similar reason, but it pretty much boiled down to me trying to figure out how to read him.

In post 1410, Nero Cain wrote:like Massive is still scummy 'cause that early d2 claim is still not town
and he's not doing much hunting at all.

I'll buy the bolded part. The first part is still just really 'meh' for me.

In post 1446, Death Stare wrote:Every player currently alive gives their opinion on the current situation and a read on us.

Town. But I've already proven the unreliability of my reads and we could do worse than sheep a claimed roleblocker.

In post 1457, Death Stare wrote:One last note: if the last sentence happens, then you are most likely in MyLo. I believe this is a 3-man scumteam.

With one scum already flipped?
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:49 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 1465, Ankamius wrote:Aneninen: You ignored my requests (2 and 4). I was explaining my point and asking for yours in 4 and straight up asking a question in 2. Dont blow them off.

@3: forgot since I was in a hurry. I'll unvote (and quote this post) on the hydra account when I have access to a computer.

@1: There indeed are other scenarios. The ones I saw (like another roleblock or no kill) simply make no sense.

MonkeyMan: I'd have to talk to GIF to give a better answer, but off the top of my head, I would say Heartless or MTD.

davesaz: There is nothing else that makes sense to me except DRTTTTT.

-Ank
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 1466, MonkeyMan wrote:
In post 1435, Ankamius wrote:It's pretty obvious from where I'm standing where the other kill went

You say it was so obvious where the kill went yet you think it was to two people? How does that make any sense. I was lead to believe you would give one answer but yet you gave to and said: "I need to talk to my partner to give a better answer."

You are scum.

Either you're misunderstanding or misreping. It's pretty clear that I meant doc-protected.

-Ank
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:50 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 1469, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 1457, Death Stare wrote:One last note: if the last sentence happens, then you are most likely in MyLo. I believe this is a 3-man scumteam.

With one scum already flipped?

You are correct. Ignore the MyLo statement.

-Ank
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Death Stare »

UNVOTE: MonkeyMan

-Ank
Death Stare
Death Stare
Goon
Death Stare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by Death Stare »

In post 1468, Heartless wrote:
In post 1459, Death Stare wrote:Lack of Heartless is saddening.

-Ank

/hasn't said a word to us since the beginning of the game

el-oh-el

VOTE: deathstare

Since when commenting on a player required to talk to them first?

Return to “Completed Open Games”