Open 575: Friends & Enemies-Together At Last (OVER)

Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:59 am

Post by Mathdino »

What up.
In post 957, Malakittens wrote:
In post 956, borkjerfkin wrote:considering there are no investigative roles in this game, I am utterly unmoved by naked votes at daystart, especially after a scumflip

Wisdom has been scummy all game.

How much have you read?
In post 987, Malakittens wrote:Neither, try again.

It's probably deff Wisdom and I'm either leaning Acryon or Newbie.

Explain these. Your read and opening vote on Wisdom did not come from meta analysis. If you used meta to dictate your vote, you'd have gone after Riddleton like I did (as Victor paired Silver up 3 times).
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:04 am

Post by Malakittens »

Lol my opening vote did come from my analysis. I hadn't said my lynchpool was that at the time.
There was things that I liked about SW's play that made me hesitant there. I like my vote on Wisdom. He really feels off, all of his posts, his pushes everything. I hated how wisdom and wges were Counterwagons. I hated how he dropped his scum read on me or at least it randomly disappeared and now that I voted him it's somehow back
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Can we just speedlynch Wisdom, his 'case' on Mala is that she hammered a read a he wasn't confident in and drenched it in pointless spam to demoralise town and make it look he is making an effort and being productive. He's also perfectly content to pointlessly tunnel when it benefits him but this confidence dissipates as soon it might come back to him

In post 1107, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1103, Mathdino wrote:If Mala gets lynched and flips town, who will you vote tomorrow?

I can't answer such hypotheticals. If such a thing happens, ask me then.

This post is also nonsense, if he's said something along the lines of "I'm confident enough in my reads that I need to yet" not "I can't" which is just an excuse to not get off of this tunnel
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:26 am

Post by Mathdino »

We're not speedlynching anyone, and we're certainly not lynching someone for being wrong.

FoS: this guy

Would still like Mala to at least respond to Wisdom's ABCDEFGH case.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:31 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1121, Malakittens wrote:Plus work and plus his read is bullshit and he admits that has has read me wrong in the past as town but still would likely flat out go hey hey I thought she was town after I tunneled her so I can still read her which I find highly annoying. He did incorrectly read me and read me right after I claimed, so yes hence bullshit because he can't tell town mala from scum mala

I read you wrong in Olympian Gods and I changed my read later, yes. Where other than that game have I read you wrong, Mala?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:32 am

Post by Wisdom »

Am I lying that I've correctly caught you every time you've been scum?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:33 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1122, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1120, Mathdino wrote:...

I didn't ask you where you got your townread on me, since that seems to already be a popular opinion as someone pointed out.

I asked where you got your scumread on Wisdom, and how my posts prior to #1033 lead one to a Wisscumread.

Read my posts correctly then. I stated that I had done the same work you did in terms of finding how VDA assicaotes his scum buddies. I just didn't wall it like you did because I had no intention of doing it plus I always like to keep some meta tells hidden (not that it would have been anyways)

Hence where my lynchpool came from. Not because I was sheeping your damn analysis but because I did it myself and came to the same conclusion.

This still doesn't explain why the Victor-meta analysis led to a Wisdom scumread. Go ahead.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:36 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1126, Malakittens wrote:and now that I voted him it's somehow back

The fact you're apparently thinking I'm scum is a minor part of my case, yes, but that's not why my scumread on you is back.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:42 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1127, Not_Mafia wrote:Can we just speedlynch Wisdom, his 'case' on Mala is that she hammered a read a he wasn't confident in and drenched it in pointless spam to demoralise town and make it look he is making an effort and being productive. He's also perfectly content to pointlessly tunnel when it benefits him but this confidence dissipates as soon it might come back to him

Oh? Show me where "my confidence dissipates" please. Also explain how any of my posts were pointless or were meant to demoralise town.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:44 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1127, Not_Mafia wrote:This post is also nonsense, if he's said something along the lines of "I'm confident enough in my reads that I need to yet" not "I can't" which is just an excuse to not get off of this tunnel

Bullshit. I am not going to talk in hypotheticals. If I change my read on Mala, I'll get new reads and talk about them. If Mala flips town, the same deal.
Riddleton
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Riddleton
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:49 am

Post by Riddleton »

Stop spampostkng. 30 posts in a fucking row isn't fun to read. Catchjng up....
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Mathdino »

@Wisdom: I can see how you have a propensity for tunneling.

@NM: Don't mistake playstyle as an alignment tell. Wisdom spams content. Wisdom tunnels. Mala's read is 10x more legit than yours.

Edit: Sorry.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:07 am

Post by Mathdino »

I'm totally gonna piss off Riddleton with this, but I just realised something; I forgot the setup.

Consider: It'd be a very good move for mafia to kill based on who they think is a mason. Again, TTH's consistent townreads every time were me, acryon, wgeurts, and SilverWolf. Of these, acryon had a huge townread for TTH every time he mentioned her. The others had reasonably belligerent interactions with her (and wgeurts claimed VT).

I think scum thought TTH and acryon were masons, and shot the more unpredictable one for unknown reasons.
I think this confirms my townread on acryon.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:10 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1111, Mathdino wrote:If they both agree to it, I'd be up for lynching Wisdom and Mala in succession if the first lynch flips town or claims mason; their meta record of correctly reading each other is pretty undeniable. Just need Mala to convince me this isn't TvT.

Paging
blindmewithscience
borkjerfkin
, and
acryon
for their thoughts on this after Mala posts.

Phoneposting from kids birthday party, but:

I want to know your criteria for this definitely (or likely) being TvS for you such that you want to avoid the normal breadth first approach that normally leads to a healthier gamestate.
beefycheese
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Mathdino »

My criterion is literally just "Prove to me that Wisdom and Mala are so damn good at reading each other that if they scumread each other, it can't be TvT".
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:15 am

Post by wgeurts »

Wisdom, tunneling stops discussion and gains nothing. I believe you won't change your mind on mala no matter what he says, please also stop the spam posts. Care to give other reads besides mala?
I'm not agreeing with the mala case and am suprised why the heck we haven't lynched constantine yet.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:23 am

Post by Wisdom »

My posts are not spam. I gave many reads there.

Why do you want to lynch Constantine?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Wisdom »

Also what do you not agree on about the Mala case?
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:56 am

Post by wgeurts »

I'll make a big post covering everything tommorow, I've got no access to a pc sadly.
St Constantine the Hermit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:36 am

Post by St Constantine the Hermit »

Wisdom is 100% town. Stop.
Or try to lynch him. You'll see how much resistance you get.
Show
Aye, let old constantine spin ye a tale...

Book of Constantine (Protestant) 214: 112 - God hates you
Book of Constantine (Catholic) 214:112 - God doesn't like you
Book of Constantine (Orthodox) 214:112 - God tolerates you
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:07 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1093, Wisdom wrote:
This is why you're reading things in a way that suits your reads. There are more ways to read this:

Victor gives a townread on Mala, stating that he'll be keeping an eye on her so that he can change that later if suspicion rises on her. The next post is consistent with his townread. Then he states some mild suspicion on her having to do with her abscence. He does that when it's safe, as Mala has little if any suspicion on her.

There is zero reason to think that those can't be scum-scum interactions.

In post 1094, Wisdom wrote:
Okay. Now consider Mala being his buddy. She posts, as Newbie pointed out, that she does not like the Victor wagon and she'd like him to speak. She does so 4 times. Then, when see sees that Victor is not doing it, she feels "fuck, he's being obvscum, like he did in that previous game" and buses him, not realizing that not everyone will think of that.

Her initial reasoning is "I thought we were at deadline", not "I am sure he is scum". She changes to this reasoning later. Yet she attacks Newbie for being sure he is scum, like she was.

Then today she completely forgets about acryon and attacks me out of nowhere, after listing me as nulltown in the end of day. None of this makes any sense. That's why I think acryon is probably the third, because this convenient forgetting about prior scumreads happens a lot for scum.

I totally agree. There's valid reasons that can be made about Malakittens and Victor being a scum team. Only a Newbie/Victor scum team is possible, though. :roll:

With that said, I don't like the way that you and acryon avoided the VD lynch, even going as far as to throw out counter lynches.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:10 am

Post by Wisdom »

The VD lynch sucked, nobody who was voting him ever gave any good reason for voting Victor. I hated it and wanted actual scum lynched.
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:16 am

Post by Newbie »

In post 1146, Wisdom wrote:The VD lynch sucked, nobody who was voting him ever gave any good reason for voting Victor. I hated it and wanted actual scum lynched.

You didn't find the fact that he threw out a vote for wgeurts without any reason (I think you were actually one of the first people that directly asked him why and received a fluff answer), Riddleton's case, and his apathy towards being lynched good enough?
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:18 am

Post by Wisdom »

Townies make naked votes too, it's not anything to make a big fuzz about. Riddleton's case sucked, as I explained when he made it. There were plenty of ways to interpret Victor's actions as town yet he was not considering that possibility. Apathy is not alignment indicative.

So no.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:28 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1145, Newbie wrote:I totally agree. There's valid reasons that can be made about Malakittens and Victor being a scum team. Only a Newbie/Victor scum team is possible, though.

With that said, I don't like the way that you and acryon avoided the VD lynch, even going as far as to throw out counter lynches.

I cringe every time you post something like this while ostensibly supporting a mala town read. I don't get your trajectory on her or why you keep bringing this up.
beefycheese

Return to “Completed Open Games”