Open 575: Friends & Enemies-Together At Last (OVER)

Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1548, borkjerfkin wrote:Considering you were willing to lynch him to save vic? Lol

Who? Because wguerts wasn't an option at that time. I wanted to lynch Constantine/Riddle over Vic, not wguerts.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:28 am

Post by Mathdino »

Yet you're basically unwilling to even consider the possibility that she's not town. I asked you who you'd want to lynch if Mala flips town for a reason, Wisdom (no it's not because I thought Mala was a mason, it's because this is stuff I can use later). You were unwilling to even consider that possibility. All of your D2 actions have hinged on Mala being the wagon.
She flips or confs herself town, you can easily be like "Oh, whoops, let's reconsider my 'reads' and push whatever's the easiest next lynch."

And honestly, Wisdom, the fact that she's the only one displaying that mason behaviour along with her buddy IN THIS GAME is kind of damning. The rest of us have either been attack dogs on everyone, or have explicitly or implicitly claimed VT.
You seriously seem to find her being scum faking a town-self who would fake a mason to draw the NK
is more likely than her being a mason.

Edit: Wisdom. No one else in this game has been doing that. Except Constantine actually but he's obviously not a mason.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 am

Post by acryon »

In post 1547, Wisdom wrote:
Well I found it likely. I wasn't feeling good about Mala so it was time to start scrutinizing her anyway. But no, it has to be scum motivated

Again, everything is in context. When someone does something that tends to be somewhat scummy once, probably not a big deal, but when it happens multiple times is when it becomes something more.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:29 am

Post by Mathdino »

She's hard defended her townreads, sure, but does she typically pick a townread from like page 3 and defend them for the rest of the game?
Does
anyone
?

Or is it more likely that she'd be like "Hey, so I don't like this post, although I still think he's town"?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:31 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1544, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1538, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1531, Wisdom wrote:Yes, I saw this. Especially given this happened in twilight; why can't this be a VT drawing the NK? Why can't it be scum faking said vt (or faking a mason)?

Yeah that + the hard defending that mala & N_M have been doing to each other really points at this fake scenario

Just why would masons be so obvious?
Mala is not dumb nor newbie, if she's town it makes total sense for her to try and mislead scum with such a twilight comment.
People hard defending their townreads is nothing new.
Constantine
was saying I am 100% town earlier. Are we masons too?

In post 1548, borkjerfkin wrote:Considering you were willing to lynch
him
to save vic? Lol

better?
beefycheese
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:35 am

Post by Mathdino »

When it comes to the Victor stuff, well, read this page. I find it hilarious that of the 2 people trying to stop the Victor wagon, one ran a counter case and logicked it out, while the other dismissed it through misrepping:
Translation: Victor is scum for tunneling. Your case sucks.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:36 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 752, Wisdom wrote:
In post 749, Riddleton wrote:

Please read this for more information. Victor made a baseless vote against Wgeurts, he invented new reasoning to support his fallacious claim as he goes along, as he doesn't want to believe the wagon he's trying to push is incorrect.

Translation: Victor is scum for tunneling.

Because town never tunnel, huh?

Your case sucks.

Sorry, did that off of memory, this is the correct quote.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1551, Mathdino wrote:Yet you're basically unwilling to even consider the possibility that she's not town. I asked you who you'd want to lynch if Mala flips town for a reason, Wisdom (no it's not because I thought Mala was a mason, it's because this is stuff I can use later). You were unwilling to even consider that possibility. All of your D2 actions have hinged on Mala being the wagon.

Well yeah, I was pretty sure I had caught Mala-scum and I had made a case on her, so I don't see why I should be considering that possibility at that time
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

This is Riddleton's original case. Wisdom chose to respond to 749, which was only on the low hanging fruit argument.
There were a multitude of other points in there. Not all of them were good, as I addressed, but Wisdom just dismisses the case entirely by boiling it down to one point.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1551, Mathdino wrote:And honestly, Wisdom, the fact that she's the only one displaying that mason behaviour along with her buddy IN THIS GAME is kind of damning. The rest of us have either been attack dogs on everyone, or have explicitly or implicitly claimed VT.

I just don't deal in absolutes. It's not "she looks like a mason" = "she is a mason" for me. Neither is it "he looks like a VT" = he is VT". People are smart and try to fool scum. Or at least should be, I'm aware not everyone is doing it.
Consider the possibility Mala has been trying to fool scum while the real masons are people you think might be scum or even VTs. You're just going for the most simple answer.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:42 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1559, Wisdom wrote:Consider the possibility Mala has been trying to fool scum while the real masons are people you think might be scum or even VTs. You're just going for the most
likely
answer.

fixed
beefycheese
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1551, Mathdino wrote:Edit: Wisdom. No one else in this game has been doing that. Except Constantine actually but he's obviously not a mason.

That doesn't say anything. The point is Mala does defend who she thinks is town, and certainly doesn't do that only when she is mason. Therefore thinking that such an action definitely makes her a mason without any other possibility available is stupid.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1560, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1559, Wisdom wrote:Consider the possibility Mala has been trying to fool scum while the real masons are people you think might be scum or even VTs. You're just going for the most
likely
answer.

fixed

So you're telling me that the most likely thing is that the masons are so obvious that we have ended up talking about them inthread.
Nope, not buying it.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:47 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

So this has been one giant exercise in moving the goalposts, as we've gone from "I never even considered they might be masons at all" to "it's not proof she's definitely a mason because X other WIFOMy things exist to invalidate its definitiveness and I'm just considering them all therefore it's ok that i'm pushing them as scum independently of each other"
beefycheese
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1554, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1544, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1538, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1531, Wisdom wrote:Yes, I saw this. Especially given this happened in twilight; why can't this be a VT drawing the NK? Why can't it be scum faking said vt (or faking a mason)?

Yeah that + the hard defending that mala & N_M have been doing to each other really points at this fake scenario

Just why would masons be so obvious?
Mala is not dumb nor newbie, if she's town it makes total sense for her to try and mislead scum with such a twilight comment.
People hard defending their townreads is nothing new.
Constantine
was saying I am 100% town earlier. Are we masons too?

In post 1548, borkjerfkin wrote:Considering you were willing to lynch
him
to save vic? Lol

better?

My point wasn't whether we're masons.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:48 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1564, Wisdom wrote:My point wasn't whether we're masons.

My point was that mason relationships are bidirectional, ergo your point is crap
beefycheese
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:48 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1553, Mathdino wrote:She's hard defended her townreads, sure, but does she typically pick a townread from like page 3 and defend them for the rest of the game?
Does
anyone
?

Or is it more likely that she'd be like "Hey, so I don't like this post, although I still think he's town"?

She actually did this, she questioned N_M's buddying on her as she called it. Check again.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:49 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1566, Wisdom wrote:She actually did this, she questioned N_M's buddying on her as she called it. Check again.

Obviously irrelevant considering you were willing to eliminate them as a team in 1287 because of all the cross-defending, sooooooo
beefycheese
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1555, Mathdino wrote:When it comes to the Victor stuff, well, read this page. I find it hilarious that of the 2 people trying to stop the Victor wagon, one ran a counter case and logicked it out, while the other dismissed it through misrepping:
Translation: Victor is scum for tunneling. Your case sucks.

Not misrepping at all. Riddle's case was a bunch of confbias, something like acryon's case on me.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:51 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1567, borkjerfkin wrote:
In post 1566, Wisdom wrote:She actually did this, she questioned N_M's buddying on her as she called it. Check again.

Obviously irrelevant considering you were willing to eliminate them as a team in 1287 because of all the cross-defending, sooooooo

That's not the point here
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:53 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Isn't it though? If it's pertinent to the mason discussion, why is it not pertinent to the scumbuddy discussion?
beefycheese
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:54 am

Post by Wisdom »

In post 1563, borkjerfkin wrote:So this has been one giant exercise in moving the goalposts, as we've gone from "I never even considered they might be masons at all" to "it's not proof she's definitely a mason because X other WIFOMy things exist to invalidate its definitiveness and I'm just considering them all therefore it's ok that i'm pushing them as scum independently of each other"

Yeah, and it has moved to this because you are somehow 100% confident you have found the masons and use that as any decision making. Meanwhile, I still didn't think about such a thing at all when I made the post, and it still doesn't make sense for scum to do what I did. Which you're still failing at responding to, so
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:54 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1287, Wisdom wrote:Don't think so. They voted me together, they defend each other.. it would be
ridiculous
if a scumteam was
so obvious

Let's not forget how hyperbolic you were here, after all.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:55 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1571, Wisdom wrote:
In post 1563, borkjerfkin wrote:So this has been one giant exercise in moving the goalposts, as we've gone from "I never even considered they might be masons at all" to "it's not proof she's definitely a mason because X other WIFOMy things exist to invalidate its definitiveness and I'm just considering them all therefore it's ok that i'm pushing them as scum independently of each other"

Yeah, and it has moved to this because you are somehow 100% confident you have found the masons and use that as any decision making. Meanwhile, I still didn't think about such a thing at all when I made the post, and it still doesn't make sense for scum to do what I did. Which you're still failing at responding to, so

My job ultimately is not to convince you you're scum
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:55 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

But since we've devolved to that impasse, I'm out for a bit.
beefycheese

Return to “Completed Open Games”