NY 177: Simple Complexity (GAME OVER: Scum Wins!)

shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4975 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:37 pm

Post by shaddowez »

I apologize in advance for the wall, but found more posts than I even expected. Some of them are from when he first replaced in, but felt they needed to be their for the sake of completeness.

In post 4471, Pine wrote:Assuming the Mason claims are legit, my list is:

--Town--
Gameplay (Cop inno)
Reinoe (Cop inno)
Marquis (Mason)
Psyche (Mason)
Notscience (Too reckless and unhelpful to be scum)

--Everyone else--
PV
Shaddowez
Skybird

--Scum--
House (Singularly unhelpful, anti-Town behavior, fixation on disproving Cop inno)

Vote: House

This is what we're doing

In post 4475, Pine wrote:You're refusing to acknowledge the forest, but for the trees. Perhaps I can rephrase, such that you'll engage my allegation instead of splitting hairs: notscience was being moody and refusing to make things easier. You're being straight-up counter-productive and refusing to engage. There's a big damn difference between the two, though I could have chosen better words

At this point, I'm prepared to lynch everyone not on my Town list in a by-the-numbers fashion

Rather than engage with anyone or attempt to do any scum hunting when he first joins the game, he decides he wants to just lynch everyone in his "not-town" group. The "town" group includes the two cop-clears, the two "masons", and one random player. Easy enough to put all town/hope for the SK in the not-town group.

In post 4542, Pine wrote:
In post 4503, gameplay506 wrote:I think Pine is scum guys. Like really scum. I am not sure on pere seeing how it developed.

Welp a message to our lovely SK:
Dear mister SK,
We need your help. You see the game will soon be over if we dont lynch correctly today and if you kill town again we might not win. I mean nor town nor you could win. And you see we have no idea in who you could be. So please try killing scum tonight. If you it'll reward you greatly by probably winning. Use your own reads mister SK but I suggest Pine dies. Like stab that bitch several times till he becomes a bloody, meaty mess. Ty ty :3

Pedit: oh house are you the SK? :(

Gameplay is hardcore SK-hunting. I'm completely rethinking the suggestion of Godfather. I still refuse to support lynching a Cop inno at this stage, but if we narrow it down further with no Godfather flip, this post alone changes everything. It reeks. Also, if you look back at Psyche's Majiffy quotes in 4513, Majiffy was discrediting the innocent on Reinoe, not Gameplay.

Unvote
House has a point. Voting Gameplay at this point is
stupid
, but I now understand the desire.

Psyche 4513 is a Townpost. Scum that think they're secure in a Mason fake claim are not likely to be that helpful.

PeregrineV is on my list and (I think) is at L-1, and is attacking the wagon on himself rather than pursuing an alternative. I'm ready to lynch him, but I'd prefer to have another day or so to solidify my thoughts, as I'm a good candidate for a NK. Consider this preparedness to hammer. Do we have a claim from PV? I'd also like to hear one before the end.

A number of things in this post. First, it's his first of several comments about SK hunting. The reason this is important is because he doesn't say until later it's a scum tell, and never votes the people he accuses of doing it. Secondly, he mentions a specific post of Psyche's that's town, because scum in a fake mason claim wouldn't do something like that; then, when the fake mason claim comes out, Psyche is his main target. Lastly is the bit about PV...something about it just feels off to me, like he's scum that's trying to earn town cred by holding off on the hammer for when the flip comes up town.

In post 4606, Pine wrote:Yarp

This is why I want to kill it with fire

My gut says scum wouldn't admit to a fakeclaim tho

Very fencesitting post.

In post 4698, Pine wrote:
Unless contradicted in bold, please refer to this post should I die

I am highly confident that {PV, Skybird, Psyche} contains 2-3 scum

One of his comments about being likely to die, which is just odd to me. Also, one wrong, two to find out.
In post 4711, Pine wrote:The assumptions we make are one of the most significant insights into our motives.

My case consists of two very strong points:

1) You posited a theory that made an assumption involving information Town doesn't have. Ergo, informed minority. Ergo, Mafia

2) You're not scumhunting, you're Serial Killer hunting. That's a huge Mafia giveaway.

Yes, I feel that's a strong case

As for PV, it's a lot of little things. I don't have a bunch of time to put it all together on my tablet, so call it a strong, educated hunch. Biggest clue might be the way he reacted to getting wagoned, and how easily that wagon melted away (note to self, analyze who went on and off of that wagon.) Plus, if he were Town with several people ready to hammer, it would have happened

Another SK-hunting comment.
In post 4715, Pine wrote:
PV was at L-1 and his lynch didn't happen, even when 75% of players were endorsing it. If a Townie had been in that position, he'd have been hammered.

Also, at this point I'm pretty sure you're either not reading my case on you or sticking your fingers in your proverbial ears and going "La la la can't hear you." My case isn't for your benefit, it's directed towards everyone else. I'm quite finished explaining the same thing over and over again.

This is one of the biggest flags for me. First of all, it's a whole lot of WIFOM. More importantly, PV was at L-1 in when Pine decided not to hammer yet. Knowing someone is town and not hammering leaves room for town cred when they flip town, as well as being able to make the argument he's making here.

In post 4747, Pine wrote:Aww man

I'm totes going to eat a NK

PE: aye aye

Another NK mention.
In post 4797, Pine wrote:
Unvote
Vote: Peregrine V

Well, the lynch I want isn't going through, I'll compromise for my second pick

Skybird, I've been having nagging gut feelings all day suggesting that you might be newTown with a really, really scummy-looking playstyle. Let's get a claim from PV, then lynch him

PV, you're at L-1 with lots of support for a hammer, claim and let's move on

Moves back onto the wagon at L-1 now, pushing for the claim/hammer.
In post 4828, Pine wrote:Well, SK killed Gameplay because he or she was thinking Godfather

No idea why notscience was killed. Maybe scum looking for SK? Maybe a Townie unlikely to be protected? Maybe just a Townie they thought wouldn't eat a lynch?

I still want my Psyche lynch

7 left alive, probably 2 Mafia and 1 SK. If we mislynch and there are two Townie kills, Mafia wins

I don't understand the reasoning to put the kill spec here. It's just another one of those "feels weird" posts.

All in all, there aren't many actual scummy sounding things, but there are enough things that are just off to make me think twice. Not to mention, even if Psyche and Marquis are both scum of some flavor, there's still a third one to find, and Pine is where I think it is right now.
V/LA on Weekends
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4976 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by shaddowez »

In post 4969, Marquis wrote:Why is everyone ignoring the prospect of a shaddowez wagon (including shaddowez himself, as if he doesn't want to draw too much attention to it)

You've been the only person to vote for me or bring up the idea of a wagon...what is there to address? I'm not going to waste my time defending one vote that I know is wrong.
V/LA on Weekends
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4977 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by House »

In post 4974, reinoe wrote:TBH I kinda wanna no-lynch just to let the scum kill each other. I'm also a little uncomfortable with anyone buddying me considering how wrong I've been all game.

UNVOTE:

Yes, you have been. And you are continuing to be wrong in all your blazing glory by not voting Psych.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4978 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:53 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 4969, Marquis wrote:so here's what i'm thinking about the gamestate. we most likely have:

4 town / 2 mafia / 1 sk

and I think the town is

Marquis
reinoe
Psyche
Pine/House

with the remaining two,

Skybird
shaddowez

as PoE'd scum.

With PV's townflip, if shaddowez and I are both town, that means we started with 2 four-person all town neighborhoods, which once again I'm finding hard to believe the NRG would approve.

I just... don't see a reason why shaddow is getting by right now. Nobody seems to have a townread of any sort on him, yet they're content to ignore him and lynch out of other, more risky options.

Again... why? Why is everyone just ignoring the neighborhood deal now? Why is everyone ignoring the prospect of a shaddowez wagon (including shaddowez himself, as if he doesn't want to draw too much attention to it) when unlike with the rest of the players in this game it feels like literally nobody has a strong townread on him (pretty sure everyone else is being strongly townread by at least one person)?

The problem I have with your analysis is you were so sure PV was scum based on your neighborhood theory. PV flipped town. And you are also ignoring the fact that you are the last one in your neighborhood without someone flipping scum.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4979 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:24 am

Post by Wake1 »

Vote Count 6.3

House (0):

Marquis (1):
Skybird

Pine (1):
Shaddowez

Psyche (2):
Pine, House

reinoe (0):

Shaddowez (1):
Marquis

Skybird (0):

Not Voting (2):
Psyche, reinoe

~ With 7 players alive, it takes 4 to lynch!
~ Deadline expires 11/09/14, @2PM Central.

"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4980 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 4978, Skybird wrote:The problem I have with your analysis is you were so sure PV was scum based on your neighborhood theory. PV flipped town. And you are also ignoring the fact that you are the last one in your neighborhood without someone flipping scum.

I was sure. I was wrong. However, in this situation regardless of what happened yesterday, I have a significantly higher chance to be right because I know it's either me or shaddowez; even taking into account the possibility of two town neighborhoods despite the unlikeliness of that setup being chosen/approved, PoE with much stronger townreads leads to scum!shaddowez.

And don't tell me I should consider the possibility of myself being scum.

I feel like you're just fearmongering about it again and softdefending shadow. ;/
link in bio
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4981 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Post by Skybird »

No, I'm just trying to point out to everyone the flaws I see in someone else's logic. I feel we are at a critical point in the game. Everything needs to be examined closely. What do you think of Shadowez post about Pine?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4982 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 4981, Skybird wrote: What do you think of Shadowez post about Pine?

Why don't you share your thoughts on Shaddowez' post about Pine.
Scum typically need to fabricate reasons for scumreads...

Selkie
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4983 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:52 pm

Post by Pine »

Eh, shadow is just preempting the fact that he's also in the running should Psyche flip Town. He's wrong, and most of you aren't going to bite on his case, so I don't give a fuck
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4984 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:38 am

Post by Skybird »

In post 4982, reinoe wrote:

I know some of those quotes are from Pine's argument with me. I don't trust my read on Pine because of that argument which is why I am asking for other's input. I did have a leaning scum read on zMuffin. Pine has been more town sounding.

Two questions for you reinoe. What do you think of Pine and why do you think scum/sk haven't taken out Psyche and Marquis?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4985 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:16 am

Post by House »

@mod: V/LA until the 11th.

Noted. I'll start including all V/LAs in the VCs. -Wake

Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4986 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Wake1 »

Deadline is on the 9th. It's fast approaching.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4987 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:34 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 4984, Skybird wrote:
In post 4982, reinoe wrote:

I know some of those quotes are from Pine's argument with me. I don't trust my read on Pine because of that argument which is why I am asking for other's input. I did have a leaning scum read on zMuffin. Pine has been more town sounding.

Two questions for you reinoe. What do you think of Pine and why do you think scum/sk haven't taken out Psyche and Marquis?

1)I have a scum lean on him due to his posts and PoE.

2)This question is time wasting WIFOM and will not be answered.

Selkie
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #4988 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:13 am

Post by Psyche »

vote shaddowez

i don't feel like thinking atm sry
You can't step in the same river twice.
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4989 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 1:25 pm

Post by shaddowez »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Psyche

Still thinking he's scum, and as the most likely lynch to occur I'll gladly jump back on the wagon.
V/LA on Weekends
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4990 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 4987, reinoe wrote:

I disagree. You keep saying you want to leave Marquis/Psyche to be taken care of by the mafia/sk. To me, you are derailing lynch attempts on both individuals. Why?
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4991 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 4990, Skybird wrote:
In post 4987, reinoe wrote:

I disagree. You keep saying you want to leave Marquis/Psyche to be taken care of by the mafia/sk. To me, you are derailing lynch attempts on both individuals. Why?

Because why am I not killed? Why wasn't OkaPoka?.

Can you definitively answer these questions? I know I can't. I can speculate but that's awful.

Selkie
shaddowez
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
shaddowez
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4992 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:46 pm

Post by shaddowez »

Mod - I will be V/LA over the weekend (until 11/10)
V/LA on Weekends
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4993 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:26 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1179, Elyse wrote:
In post 1121, Aeronaut wrote:If tree flips scum I'm just gonna laugh and accept my lynch.

This basically sums up why we should lynch Aeronaut.

He's (or was) voting tree, someone who he is expecting to flip town (and yelling at NS for doing the same thing), and even if that person flips scum, he will accept his lynch the next day.

So if Aeronaut is town, this plan GUARANTEES the death of at least one townie from his PoV. What the fuck is that? What townie would vote for someone and accept his own lynch if that person flips scum?

It makes no sense.

Elyse is a goldmine of towniness and is always worth reviewing...

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4994 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:28 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1213, Elyse wrote:
In post 1209, RoyalApe wrote:
I see consistency through it. Once we are out of RVS, he is wanting reasons for reads and isn't settling for "that's town" and "that's scum". I like that.

Ok.
He is fighting against trains building without such rationale.

And then joined that same train.
He gave a full run down on all players, so he isn't being a hypocrite in asking for reads from others but not providing them himself.

He didn't actually and you don't have to have reads on all players to be able to ask for reads. And hypocrisy isn't scummy.
His 1 for 1 reasoning is something that I don't buy AT ALL, but the thought process behind going along with eliminating tree because he doesn't see tree being helpful for the town is something that I can understand.

Yeah except he made a deal that will only benefit him if he's scum. And he disappeared after I pointed that out.
I don't think Aero is scum.

Try again.

I need to re-assess the neighborhoods but was Aero in the same neighborhood as RoyalApe/Skybird?

Selkie
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4995 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:30 am

Post by reinoe »

In post 1419, Elyse wrote:
In post 1417, gameplay506 wrote:
In post 1415, Elyse wrote:This is especially to gameplay like what the fuck is that Mirhawk vote? You're the only one voting him. Do you seriously expect that lynch to go through?

I seriously think it can go through, There is plenty of time we don't need to rush lynches.

For what? Saying that Aero needs to cut the softclaim bullshit and we should run him up to L-1 for a claim?

Better string me up too!

I'm going to remember this hard and apply it to future games when I notice softclaiming.

Selkie
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4996 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by House »

Yeah, Elyse is awesome.

Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4997 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Skybird »

Yes, Aero was in my neighborhood.
reinoe
reinoe
Mafia Scum
reinoe
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4998 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:18 pm

Post by reinoe »

In post 4997, Skybird wrote:Yes, Aero was in my neighborhood.

OK, so even though Skybird is scummy as fuck, she's probably not scum.

Selkie
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4999 (ISO) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:35 pm

Post by Pine »

Based on...?
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of