Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:13 am

Post by Konowa »

SSK's vote is incredibly lazy, I wouldn't call it Scum though.

Vote: Ms Marangal
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:17 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

konowa, do you want to talk about your reads on cephrir, SMP, Save the Dragons?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
SMP
SMP
Goon
SMP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:19 am

Post by SMP »

In post 1056, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:My agenda for the day looks like mara, SMP, and flubbernugget although we'll see how things play out.

mara is by far my strongest scum-read so far
-don't see how anybody could've possibly seen that varsoon was town, much less declare him "literal god-town"
-as has been said in this thread, i think mara's tunnel on me leans scum because 1. it's based on nothing 2. level of conviction 3. i have a feeling this is her scum-meta but i definitely have to reread games because all of my meta is a year old

SMP:
In post 312, SMP wrote:
In post 310, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 93, Cephrir wrote:
In post 91, Varsoon wrote:My passive ability allows me to gain the ability of the first other player in Black Hole that dies.

A large part of my contention is that this was phrased differently the first time

That would change things somewhat.

you never went back to this even after the information was presented, did you? why not?
In post 790, SMP wrote:Ceph, I'm not getting off of the Varsoon wagon, all that would do would be giving in to Varsoon's thought that town needs to jump off his wagon.

especially since it appears that by this time you completely forgot about the possibility of you changing your reads. I'd like to hear about your thought process between the above two posts
In post 302, SMP wrote:I want to believe that Varsoon, Cephrir and fferyllt are all town and that Varsoon's neighbor post was just a big misunderstanding, but my gut says that one of them is scum.\

as has been mentioned, this is iffy because it's a bunch of meaningless waffle and i'm not quite sure why how you managed to catch up with the thread without having an opinion of one of the three. not quite sure why you waited for me to ask you for your reads
In post 824, SMP wrote:
SMP wrote:
Varsoon wrote:Contrary to what apparently is popular belief:

Lynching town is actually not how to win as town.

But lynching people who don't help town at all is.

In post 802, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 801, SMP wrote:But lynching people who don't help town at all is.

does this imply that you don't have a scumread on varsoon?

No, I do. I guess it should read more like "But lynching people who don't help town at all is how to win as town."

this was also rather awkward

looking through SMP's posts he hasn't really done much except for adding occasional one-liners to the varsoon wagon

There were almost 500 posts between 312 and 790, during which I didn't have time to post. In those 500 posts I didn't feel the need to change my vote based on Varsoon's play. Really though, all 312 says is that my thought of how Varsoon could use his abilities as scum might not be right. It doesn't actually change how he played up to and after 312.

Why is it that one of your arguments against me is that I didn't post reads on Varsoon, Ceph and fferyllt right away, but you seem to be ok in doing that with cabd today?

Not sure on Mara yet. Something is off about her posts, but I don't have background info to determine whether that's how she always is or if it's more role card related.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 am

Post by notscience »

Lazy is how id describe ssk this game
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:22 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1125, notscience wrote:Are you suspecting Cabd

Me?

His play here is different from his scum games against me. Also, different from his recent town games against me (in terms of how he sorts me) but this is one of those games where I think I quickly came out very obvtown to anyone who knows how to read me. My one concern, really is pure gibbering paranoia that he's orchestrating the play of someone in my neighborhood.

One thing that makes me think it's baseless paranoia is that both orci and Ceph are giving me townfeels based on their meta and their reactions to the game state. I think if Cabd were orchestrating that, his "puppet" in the neighborhood would be doing stuff that would leave Cabd-fingerprints.

Hard to explain.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:24 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1061, MafiaSSK wrote:Notscience, do you have any other actual solid reads?

Do you?

In post 1066, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
The first game I skimmed through was http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=52813 timeshift mafia. This game started out with her in a hydra, and she continued solo as a really demotivated townie before she got replaced day 4. I see basically zero similarities.

This game throws me. Mara was obvioulsy town there for reasons not pertaining to her play, but it doesn't match the picture she's painted for me of her mindset in mafia games.

In post 1066, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Which also reminds me—Mara’s defense of varsoon consisted purely of driving a counterwagon and not actually stepping in to say why varsoon was town.

FMPOV, this doesn't look like the action of someone who doesn't want a lynch to go through. Even though derailing it was unrealistic, I see a protesting townie as more likely to behave the way STD has, rather than insisting something will happen, irrationally, when it obviously will not.

In post 1066, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:In other news I stumbled upon teen wolf mafia and am now positively convinced SMP belongs in my scumpile.

You should talk about this and/or tell me to go read it myself.

In post 1066, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=59051 Mini 1608: town fery, scum honey bee, mara + ceph hydra, ssk SK.

Mara took a backseat in this hydra from what I can tell

Sort of. There were times I was totally disengaged too. It was not a very good game for us, we were both busy.

In post 1079, fferyllt wrote:It's going to be a bear for me to get back into this game, I think. :/

You're not in this game right now??

In post 1083, wgeurts wrote:I'm rereading at the moment, screw you for lynching while I was gone.

Yuck

In post 1084, LynxKuroneko wrote:Still catching up (page 32), first large game and didn't realize 20 pages were possible almost overnight. I do have to say that THIS is not sitting well with me, especially on day 1. Trying to sway a doc's target in a game this large, where there are more than likely uncommon power roles, this early just doesn't sit well with me.

How about now, in light of there not being a scum kill last night?

In post 1085, Honey bee wrote:
Also I'd like to talk to ceph when he comes online.

If this specifically requires live interaction, bad time. Otherwise, yo. Sup.

In post 1092, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The case against Ms Marangal is wack. You seem to have taken everything out of context while thoroughly slipping your bias in.

Vote: grapes

What's whack is this post. Did you and SSK do anything last night? A simple yes/no will suffice.

In post 1094, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
I'm sort of suspicious of you. You always says the perfect thing that scum would say in every game, even if you're town. :mad:

I feel like she's precisely the opposite of this as both alignments from my limited observations. From an observer's standpoint I've just thought she was super town in the twoish games of hers I have skimmed. One was a scum game.

In post 1096, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1075, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 543, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:unfortunately I don't like discussing my Cabd read in front of Cabd

Yeah, no. That's not how this game works, orci. You don't just get to opt out of reading a player because you don't like to publically state it.

It's called neighborhoods. Which is what orci should probably do with this and partially is doing.

In post 1117, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1115, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1096, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1075, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 543, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:unfortunately I don't like discussing my Cabd read in front of Cabd

Yeah, no. That's not how this game works, orci. You don't just get to opt out of reading a player because you don't like to publically state it.

Unfortunate, isn't it?

More so for you than me. VOTE: Orci

.... :/
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:25 am

In post 1128, SMP wrote:There were almost 500 posts between 312 and 790, during which I didn't have time to post. In those 500 posts I didn't feel the need to change my vote based on Varsoon's play. Really though, all 312 says is that my thought of how Varsoon could use his abilities as scum might not be right. It doesn't actually change how he played up to and after 312.

Why is it that one of your arguments against me is that I didn't post reads on Varsoon, Ceph and fferyllt right away, but you seem to be ok in doing that with cabd today?

Not sure on Mara yet. Something is off about her posts, but I don't have background info to determine whether that's how she always is or if it's more role card related.

I think there's an obvious difference between me refusing to give a read on cabd and you posting 302 and then giving reads when i asked. Are you deliberately overlooking that?

What do you think is 'off' about mara's posts?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:26 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1131, Cephrir wrote:You're not in this game right now??

From a what now perspective, very much so. I'm getting there.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1128, SMP wrote:Why is it that one of your arguments against me is that I didn't post reads on Varsoon, Ceph and fferyllt right away, but you seem to be ok in doing that with cabd today?

I'm fairly certain your reason for this isn't that you're afraid of us learning what your read is. I mean, what. You don't have extensive meta with me at least, and it's not like someone's going to shoot you for scumreading them when you're basically a lurker.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:28 am

Post by Konowa »

Ceph being Town is the only thing I'm absolutely certain of.
STD I think is Town - He actively was trying to figure out the Varsoon situation Yesterday
SMP - I really don't remember any of his posts?
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:28 am

In post 1131, Cephrir wrote:FMPOV, this doesn't look like the action of someone who doesn't want a lynch to go through. Even though derailing it was unrealistic, I see a protesting townie as more likely to behave the way STD has, rather than insisting something will happen, irrationally, when it obviously will not.

i actually wrote in a tab somewhere explaining why STD and mara's treatment of the varsoon wagon were notably different, and then i lost it i guess??? but this boils it down

In post 1131, Cephrir wrote:You should talk about this and/or tell me to go read it myself.

SMP was useful in teen wolf
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:29 am

In post 1135, Konowa wrote:Ceph being Town is the only thing I'm absolutely certain of.

stronger/weaker than your fery read?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:29 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1130, fferyllt wrote:One thing that makes me think it's baseless paranoia is that both orci and Ceph are giving me townfeels based on their meta and their reactions to the game state. I think if Cabd were orchestrating that, his "puppet" in the neighborhood would be doing stuff that would leave Cabd-fingerprints.

This relies on the assumption that either orcinus or myself is unconfident enough in our scum game to let Cabd run us, does it not? Given the way I think as scum, I wouldn't be likely to take input on how to use my neighborhood.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1135, Konowa wrote:Ceph being Town is the only thing I'm absolutely certain of.
STD I think is Town - He actively was trying to figure out the Varsoon situation Yesterday
SMP - I really don't remember any of his posts?

So you're reading the game, but still not really trying to do anything? What do you want to do?
Bartleby the Scrivener
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:31 am

Post by Konowa »

They're both pretty Town, but if I had to rank them Ceph then ffery.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:33 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 1131, Cephrir wrote:What's whack is this post. Did you and SSK do anything last night? A simple yes/no will suffice.

Our QT was blocked all night, so no. We are talking now that the new topic has opened.

I'm fine with my vote on grape because I have more townreads than scumreads right now, thanks for your input though.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:34 am

Post by Konowa »

In post 1139, Cephrir wrote:So you're reading the game, but still not really trying to do anything? What do you want to do?

The game started at a wrong time for me and I'm still trying to find the motivation to -really- read that clusterfuck of D1.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:37 am

In post 1138, Cephrir wrote:This relies on the assumption that either orcinus or myself is unconfident enough in our scum game to let Cabd run us, does it not? Given the way I think as scum, I wouldn't be likely to take input on how to use my neighborhood.

idk i'd take input on how to convince my neighbors to fakeclaim masons with me
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:39 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 1120, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
Because I had scumread on mara independent of varsoon's alignment. I actually posted in neighborhood yesterday that my scumread on mara was more concrete than mine on varsoon. And as to the second point, here's a quote.
In post 267, Ms Marangal wrote:If you want to get me lynched, I suggest finding actual scum motivation or, at least try to.
I'm well aware of how easy it is to latch on to the shinest thing, as scum though!

Her read strikes me more as misguided than scum looking for an excuse to tunnel. I got the sensation that she's fighting to win an argument against her mislynch targets as scum but in this game I feel she's just making her thoughts known.

VOTE: bipolarChemist I still don't like you especially with the flip.

@ceph: I need to know if you can keep a secret.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:41 am

Post by notscience »

Town-
ffery
cabd
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:42 am

Post by notscience »

I'm not sure about SMP, atm I'm leaning town but I'm back and forth
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:43 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1144, Honey bee wrote:@ceph: I need to know if you can keep a secret.

If you mean from my neighbors, I guess so?

If this is supposed to be a wink wink do you know what I'm talking about then no, I do not.
Bartleby the Scrivener
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:46 am

Post by Honey bee »

Do you have 2 stars?
SMP
SMP
Goon
SMP
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:48 am

Post by SMP »

In post 1132, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 1128, SMP wrote:There were almost 500 posts between 312 and 790, during which I didn't have time to post. In those 500 posts I didn't feel the need to change my vote based on Varsoon's play. Really though, all 312 says is that my thought of how Varsoon could use his abilities as scum might not be right. It doesn't actually change how he played up to and after 312.

I think there's an obvious difference between me refusing to give a read on cabd and you posting 302 and then giving reads when i asked. Are you deliberately overlooking that?

What do you think is 'off' about mara's posts?

Yes, I gave reads on the 3 main components of yesterday's wagon after 300 posts. I wasn't necessarily going to right away, hence post 302, but you asked and I figured I might as well throw my 2 cents in of what I was thinking at the time. My reads in 306 weren't complete and are still subject to change as info presents itself.

The tone just seems off in Mara's posts. I guess the best way to describe it is vague in general, but focused on certain individuals. Once again, I don't know if this is normal or not.

In post 1114, fferyllt wrote:
In post 1111, notscience wrote:Ffery why don't you have hood access anymore

The hood split up. Ceph, Orci and I have a neighborhood now. ABR and SSK are still in the formerly big neighborhood.

I remember you mentioning this yesterday but I can't find the post. Was the neighborhood separated due to one of you 3 using an ability?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”