Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3251 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

arg why am I having ten different conversations trying to justify a prompted readslist in which I clearly stated was fuzzy.

boo: I don't really sheep people, even people as cute as Ceph, I need to back it up with my own knowledge and right now I'm not there yet.

orc: I don't think you're scum/scum so that's fine
If you have reasons why ffery isn't scum (not that I think she is, mind you) that do not relate to you and her being able to read each other and instead have to do with her play in this game, I'd love to hear it.
Otherwise all I have is this fact: "orc is townreading ffery."
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3252 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:25 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3247, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 3245, fferyllt wrote:STD you've had a null-ish/scum-ish read of me for quite a while now, but you've never explained it or tried to figure me out via interactions.

That's the sort of thing that worries me in a player that I think is usually proactive.

Maybe I'm wrong about you usually being proactive?

Have you missed the parts in this thread where I've been needlessly and pitifully been whining about how busy my life is? I know it's not fair, I'm sure other people have it worse than I do. I'm at a point where I just cannot put the effort I normally do into games.

ok. my life has been horrendously crazy during this game (and for several months prior) so I can sympathize with not having time/energy/free mental capacity to play a normal game.

It seems like your read comes down to "was on a wagon I think has scum on it" with maybe a few flourishes about other stuff.

I don't see how anyone could look at that late-day-2 middle of the night dust up between me and orci and see anything other than town paranoia on his part. My part is probably more ambiguous, but ambiguity is my middle name, so we all get to deal with that.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3253 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:41 am

Post by Bookitty »

@STD: Here's my issue.

You keep throwing shade at me without ever supporting it. Gut is impossible to defend against and it's kind of hard for me to think you are sincere about it at this point.

You aren't able to devote enough time to the game; I get that, for sure. But you insist that you don't want to sheep people, even conftown people. You want to back it up with your own knowledge. Fair enough, but you're not DOING that. It's like you're just showing up to vote for star points and, if you are town, how would you even know how to use them for town benefit given that you aren't willing to sheep others and you're not able to find time to engage with the game so you would have your own knowledge to back things up with.

By way of analogy, you can't sit down on the ground and scream that you're lost in the wilderness and then refuse help from the forest ranger because you want to find your own way out. Either stand up and start trying to find your way out or follow the conftown.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3254 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Brian Skies »

<<<<<<<<<<<< Conftown.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3255 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:42 am

Post by Bookitty »

Yes, and you're not the only one.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3256 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:44 am

Post by Brian Skies »

Only one on this wagon.

Also, being town /= being right.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3257 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:45 am

In post 3252, fferyllt wrote:
ok. my life has been horrendously crazy during this game (and for several months prior) so I can sympathize with not having time/energy/free mental capacity to play a normal game.

I apologize. my comment towards you was uncalled for. I do pride myself on being proactive and I took some offense to the tone of this:

In post 3245, fferyllt wrote:

when in reality I think I misread your intent.

In post 3252, fferyllt wrote:I don't see how anyone could look at that late-day-2 middle of the night dust up between me and orci and see anything other than town paranoia on his part. My part is probably more ambiguous, but ambiguity is my middle name, so we all get to deal with that.

I'm reading orc as town though.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3258 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:46 am

Post by Bookitty »

@Brian: That's true. But being conftown means that I don't have to worry about your motivations, look for the hidden agenda behind what you're saying and generally be paranoid about you. So it makes it easier to figure out if I agree -- I don't have to worry about being led down the primrose path by some sweet talker :)
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3259 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:49 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I'm not saying to disregard their words. But sheeping someone just because they're confirmed is silly.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3260 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:50 am

In post 3253, Bookitty wrote:
You keep throwing shade at me without ever supporting it. Gut is impossible to defend against and it's kind of hard for me to think you are sincere about it at this point.

gut is impossible to build a case on and hence you are in no danger from my spewings regardless of your alignment.

In post 3253, Bookitty wrote:You aren't able to devote enough time to the game; I get that, for sure. But you insist that you don't want to sheep people, even conftown people. You want to back it up with your own knowledge. Fair enough, but you're not DOING that. It's like you're just showing up to vote for star points and, if you are town, how would you even know how to use them for town benefit given that you aren't willing to sheep others and you're not able to find time to engage with the game so you would have your own knowledge to back things up with.

not sheeping is a playstyle choice irregardless of this game. Perhaps I have to be more lenient for now. If I sheeped someone onto you, would you appreciate that better though than me saying "gut" ?

In post 3253, Bookitty wrote:By way of analogy, you can't sit down on the ground and scream that you're lost in the wilderness and then refuse help from the forest ranger because you want to find your own way out. Either stand up and start trying to find your way out or follow the conftown.

Since when is following confirmtown a winning strategy, they could be wrong. How is wanting to add my own judgement not beneficial? I suppose I'm stubborn, sure.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3261 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:51 am

In post 3258, Bookitty wrote:So it makes it easier to figure out if I agree

what?!?!

This is what I'm saying I want to figure out if I agree this is why I don't sheep people in general, I got to know for myself.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #3262 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:53 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 3257, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 3252, fferyllt wrote:

I apologize. my comment towards you was uncalled for. I do pride myself on being proactive and I took some offense to the tone of this:

In post 3245, fferyllt wrote:

when in reality I think I misread your intent.

In post 3252, fferyllt wrote:I don't see how anyone could look at that late-day-2 middle of the night dust up between me and orci and see anything other than town paranoia on his part. My part is probably more ambiguous, but ambiguity is my middle name, so we all get to deal with that.

I'm reading orc as town though.

Yeah you did misread that, I think. I was wanting confirmation that my general impression is correct. Wasn't being snarky. My snarky posts are usually one-liners.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3263 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:56 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 3259, Brian Skies wrote:I'm not saying to disregard their words. But sheeping someone just because they're confirmed is silly.

STD has said (more than once) that he has not had time to follow the game properly. He has only two scumreads right now. He complains vociferously when he's pressed for content. Yet he feels confident in voting for one of his two scumreads in what looks like yet again a bid for stars without providing content or reasoning.

If he's truly overwhelmed town, it would be better for him to sheep someone else than just to come in and jump on a wagon and wave goodbye and leave. Honest sheeping is better than "I'm too busy to provide content, but here, have a vote on the leading wagon. Bye, y'all!"

STD, if you want to figure out the game, the thread is right here. No one is stopping you.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3264 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:59 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 3261, Save The Dragons wrote:This is what I'm saying I want to figure out if I agree this is why I don't sheep people in general, I got to know for myself.

Then FIND OUT! No one is stopping you. Just stop saying that you don't have time to investigate for yourself but you sure aren't going to take someone else's word for it either. That's COMPLETELY useless.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3265 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:09 am

In post 1589, MafiaSSK wrote:I'll say it. The Lynx wagon is crap. I have no idea what it's based off of and people just seem to be riding off each others votes? Orci, are you willing to explain this read and why you are voting Lynx?

could be trying to get suspicion off of buddy.

In post 2388, MafiaSSK wrote:Yeah, I'm not really supportive of the two main wagons. ABR, I am getting a town read on. I just don't see in any way how he could be acting as scum and no one's explained it to me. Lynx/DedicatedScribe wagon seems like a policy lynch to me.

SMP on the other hand, I feel comfortable leaving my vote on for a bit.
VOTE: SMP

tries to discredit and deflect onto a new wagon.

In post 1096, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 1075, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 543, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:unfortunately I don't like discussing my Cabd read in front of Cabd

Yeah, no. That's not how this game works, orci. You don't just get to opt out of reading a player because you don't like to publically state it.

Posting lackluster content to appear busy.

In post 1203, MafiaSSK wrote:Unfortunate that my vote's just going to stay on you, isn't it?

pushes further

In post 1224, MafiaSSK wrote:But I dunno, maybe it's just how close he is to ffery and ceph? But I guess if he's a universal townread that makes sense? I dunno.

Starting to get unsure

In post 1229, MafiaSSK wrote:Sorry. alright, well I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on that. My vote stays.

getting further unsure

In post 1285, MafiaSSK wrote:Nah. I was getting way too angry over what is just a game.

Backs away

In post 1362, MafiaSSK wrote:Where's the brightline, STD? When does shitposting become a scumtell?

More posting content to post content

In post 1377, MafiaSSK wrote:Ok. My vote's moving over to flubber.

VOTE: flubbernugget

slides vote off.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3266 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:09 am

I can't do you in 3 minutes Boo, I'm sorry.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3267 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Brian Skies »

I don't think anyone can do Boo in 3 minutes.

1362 is a little interesting in relation to Flubber because I still have no idea what Flubber was going on about.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3268 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:12 am

I also naked vote a lot.

I'm also being a star whore, I've blatantly admitted this.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3269 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:15 am

Post by Honey bee »

In post 3168, Brian Skies wrote:What connections between SMP and Lynx?

I guess I don't mean connections, I just mean that his posts involving lynx are sort of how I usually involve my partners as scum. He took some random point lynx made to ask a question about without follow up when lynx ignored him. And he took the opportunity to compare SMP and lynx as equally scummy without much depth of either read. I tend to make sure that my partner is viewed equally with a townie if my partners under heat. I'm pretty sure that there's one scum between SMP and flub so that's where I'd like to look now.

Ssk I don't have much of an opinion on, I keep forgetting he's in this game. I'll iso him when I have the time (I'm on mobile).
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3270 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:19 am

Post by Bookitty »

In post 3268, Save The Dragons wrote:I also naked vote a lot.

I'm also being a star whore, I've blatantly admitted this.

You realise that this along with having to basically force you to post content in this game makes you look like scum, right?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3271 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:38 am

Hi, I'm scum, I'm going to blatantly confess to scummy things as opposed to lurking which seems like a great strategy for hiding in this game considering all the heavy hitters who would be more than happy to ignore me while they figure each other out.

yeah yeah i know wifom w/e

now explain how my play this game fits with my scum meta
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary

Post Post #3272 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:41 am

Also this is a thing

In post 1422, Save The Dragons wrote:
Now, for why I voted MafiaSSK:

In post 1183, Save The Dragons wrote:
MafiaSSK, can you demonstrate a list of reads, or even give a few?

pedit: Sup!

Your attack on orc seems a bit like "look how town I am! Look at me! I'm town and I'm totally helping!" It's strange because I don't really recall you doing much of anything this entire game (yeah there hasn't been a lot of time that the game has been ongoing, so that's fine, but I question its genuineness.)

I think it's pretty clear that this vote was bothersome. He jumped onto a townread of mine and had
done nothing else. It seemed suspicious to me and enough for a vote.

Then there was this:

In post 1276, Save The Dragons wrote:I didn't like his post I quoted in my vote. I've softened my stance as I've seen him talk, but there's also something bothering me about how he was pretty confrontational at first and then took a more humble, apologetic stance. I'm thinking now.

Like I mentioned earlier, his post triggered my vote. As he was under scrutiny and pressure from a bunch of people asking him questions at the same time, his strong attacks against orc turned into more statements of

My thought process, which I recognize you do not have access to, is that at first he was trying to AtE to take some heat off of him, but as time went by I lost that impression. Being obstinate with his vote and some of his responses made me feel I might have been wrong. I was voting him for one post, not because he was the scummiest scum on the face of the earth.

combined with connections with Lynx, seems like a good vote to me.
Honey bee
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Honey bee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3273 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:43 am

Post by Honey bee »

Yeah dropping a unexplained vote while criticizing the main 2 wagons poorly is pretty bad. I could go for ssk's lynch.
Saki
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Saki
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3274 (ISO) » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Saki »

In post 3118, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:hey

saki

you're being a piece of shit again

yeah I've noticed