acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:31 am

Post by acryon »

I still feel that BBT is town, although his interaction with Fish makes me question a bit.
I think Xiao's scum-read on BBT is unfortunately wrapped up in a good bit of personal bias.
The fact that both Boonskies
and
Drake asked for someone to hammer them makes me uneasy. For some reason, I have a hard time believing that both of them are being genuine with it. I think I feel worse about Boonskies, and I still wouldn't be totally opposed to a Boon vote, but overall I feel there is a good chance there is scum between Boon and Drake. There is still five days left, so I don't feel comfortable jumping in and hammering, so I'm going to wait off on voting for now.
I was planning to do a more in-depth look at Varsoon and Konowa, but time is not allowing that at the moment. I feel heavily null on Varsoon, and I'm leaning more town than scum on Konowa at the moment.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Alright, let's do this.

Catching up.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:14 am

In post 1114, Formerfish wrote:
I guess this is going to be an agree to disagree situation. I see where you are coming from, but I see no motivation for scum to stay off a wagon they are never going to catch any heat from. Added to the fact that it is rare, in my experience, to see an all town wagon like that.

Alright, if scum is on the wagon, who do you think it is and why?

In post 1114, Formerfish wrote:Which of the two do you feel needs more explanation behind it, a town read or a scum read?

Personally, I prefer a deeper explanation behind a scum-read. However, I also like detailed explanations on players who have posted a lot though, not just a meta-read.

In post 1114, Formerfish wrote:I think that the “convenience” comes from the fact that I came into the game as late as I did. Having a larger picture unfold all at once allows for a clearer picture then if I was getting it piece meal. Its like the whole boiling a frog story. Also, I’m not going to really give a shit about what you think of my reads until you out your own. Cause right now it seems like you have something ot say about everyone elses list, while you are keeping yours close to your chest… for what reason?

First point is understandable if you're influenced by what other people post.

I like to keep my reads close so scum don't know exactly where I'm at.

In post 1114, Formerfish wrote:As for my Zeb scum read: The first thing that pinged me was him saying that he was willing to give Goblin the benefit of the doubt on day 1, but was reading him as his biggest suspect for the stuff that he was giving him a pass on. It felt like he was talking out of both sides of his mouth. I felt like his interpretation of the Thor/All debate was off, like he was trying to twist it to fit a different narrative. Voting All for showing frustration when dealing with Thor was uberbad. Same thing with the Kono/All spat. My read on Zeb comes down to a difference in opinion about how things are taken.

Hmm, I guess this answers my previous question but I'll leave it there in case you have any further thoughts/comments.

I'm not sure he was giving Goblin a pass? He asked him to explain it so I assume he was waiting for an explanation before deciding how to proceed (plus he went V/LA).

Ok, link?
Ok, so if you’ve seen town selfvote before, how do you figure out town v scum motivation for a selfvote?

I remembered incorrectly. I thought we had an all-town wagon on GM at one point in Open 570, but after checking, we did indeed have one scum on the wagon.

The bolded part is unnecessary and partly why I don’t like you or your play. This could totally just be a view that I hold (I don’t think it is though) but I feel like scum has more motivation to be assholes than town does. And I think that this comment has no other purpose than to poke the bear and piss Xiao off. Especially when I’ve seen you do it over and over and to multiple people, myself included.

I don't really want to get into this right now. All I will say is that I let A LOT of stuff that Xiao said to me slide, like, I could easily have reported him for it. Xiao clearly has a personal vendetta against me now and it just going to be anti-town all game (provided he isn't scum) and I would rather just not engage with him.

You think I have tried to antagonize you? I can honestly say I had no intention of doing so, it must just be the way I come across online.

This makes it sound like I was on the Kono wagon, or are you just pointing out that I am scum reading Kono?

Pointing out the scum-read. Is it still a scum-read?

I guess you are buying into the too scummy to be scum idea that Boon likes to perpetuate. I’ll say this as plainly as I can. Boon is either scum, or bad for town. Either way he needs to die at somepoint.

No, I'm buying into the 'there was no need for scum!Boon to hammer scum Thor like that in that particular scenario.' It's not like Thor doesn't have the ability to derail a wagon on him, it's not like all hope was lost. It literally makes no sense for scum!Boon to do that.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:25 am

In post 1116, Formerfish wrote:
Well, shucks. You know the last person who told me I couldn’t do meta I ran a fucking train on and successfully lynched scum. So I am going to do what I like to do.

Go for it. Have fun. I hope you're the first to get it right.

So other than meta, your stopping of our discussion (how does this make me scum?) and my refusal to provide reads (how does this make me scum?), do you actually have any reason to be voting for me? (Note: OMGUS is not a reason. You should stop doing that.)

See above.
p.s.- Still not OMGUS, nice to see you really sticking with the accusation though.

Is this it? I noticed you have developed on why you're scum-reading me further down this post so whatever.

You called Varsoons vote on Boon opportunistic. Can you explain how this vote was not the same thing? I do know
you mentioned disdain for Drake earlier
, but you waited until there was 3 votes on him already to move your vote over.

I mean, you pretty much just answered your own question in this post. I bolded it for you.

To elaborate though, I was interested in keeping the pressure on Konowa to help me develop my read on him.

So if someone votes the way that you want them to, it’s not opportunistic. If they vote a way that you don’t like then it is opportunistic. Got it.

Of course I'm happy when someone votes somebody I am scum-reading.

Was there something particularly scummy in that you found in this post, or is this just you not so subtly reminding everyone about your read on me?

Just me reminding everyone that you're scum and they should vote for you.

BBT, I guess my scum read on you comes down to the way you choose to interact with me. I don’t see you trying to sort me, I see you with your mind being made up since the first time I posted. I see you posting with confbias up one said and down the other. A lot of what I don’t like about you could come down to a difference in playstyle, but I just see little to no town motivation in the way you play. And with re: your reads on Boon v. Drake. Boon is a town read for you (somefucking how) so anyone who speaks ill of him you try to throw a scum tag on using opportunistic as your reasoning. Drake is someone you have a scum read on (with some reasoning) and are buddying up to everyone trying to get the lynch.
What I don’t get is this. You could easily make a case for scumBoon based off bad play, but you are handwaving it away. Drake makes a couple bad posts and you are drinking beers, tying the noose and riling up your redneck buddies for a night on the town. What is the difference between the two?

I'll admit, I heavily disliked your entry post and I do have a tendency to let myself fall into conf bias quite quickly. I thought you were scum from your first post, so in every interaction after, I will treat you as scum until there is a change in my read.

I just think Boon is an easy lynch toDay. If he's scum, then I will wholeheartedly apologize to town post-game, but I really cannot see it.

I do want a lynch on Drake. I'm not sure how I'm buddying though.

I feel my stances on both Boon and Drake have been made clear. I see no need to further elaborate.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:28 am

WTF is Drake's .

Like, that is
literally
a running commentary of the game. I don't know why he has posted that.

That makes Fish's entry post look like a shining beacon of towniness. Jesus Christ, can we lynch Drake now?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:30 am

Post by Varsoon »

:3
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:33 am

So, two leading wagons are;

Drake;
Orc, Boon, Konowa, BBT

BBT;
Xiao, Fish, Varsoon

One of those wagons is town as fuck.

The other one isn't.

Let's see if we can work this out.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

BBT, you're working on a really skewed perception of things with this whole
"One wagon is town as fuck, the other isn't."

Unless you mean the wagon on you is town as fuck?
I really like Xiao, Fish, and especially me for town.

I think one of Boon/Konowa could be scum, I think you're scum, and I think Orc could potentially be scum.
So...
Basically, all you've done is reaffirm that your wagon is perfectly fine and the people pushing Drake are dubious at best.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:40 am

That certainly is a strange interpretation of the wagons.

You should try again.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1154, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:WTF is Drake's .

Like, that is
literally
a running commentary of the game. I don't know why he has posted that.

That makes Fish's entry post look like a shining beacon of towniness. Jesus Christ, can we lynch Drake now?

Are you trying to say that Drake's commentary is scummy?
Because I'm reading this as a "I don't know why he posted that" as sort of null
but then you juxtapose that to Fish's entry, implying that it is so scummy that it makes Fish seem like a town shining beacon.

Then you hit us with a jesus christ?
Then a call for a lynch?

Based on what?
Why lynch Drake?

:l
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:43 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1158, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:That certainly is a strange interpretation of the wagons.

You should try again.

Let me break it down/try again, if only to appease you:

I am scum-reading you.
My role PM tells me that I am town.
I am town-reading Xiao.
I have a null-town read on FormerFish.

Your wagon consists entirely, then, of people that are both confirmed-town to me and heavily town-read by me.
You are also scum-read by me.

On the other hand, I am null/scum-reading MOST of Drake's wagon.
You are also on Drake's wagon.

I am sorry, but I don't understand how you could not wrap your head around this.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:45 am

I could.

I'm just trying to understand how you can be so wrong.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:48 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'm reading Xiao's frustration with you as town.
I'm reading Formerfish's points and examination as town.
My role PM says that I am town.

I am reading your obstinance, arrogance, and insistent pushes as scum.

If I am wrong, I do not mind.
I want you lynched because I believe that you are scum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 10:55 am

I can understand the Xiao read. Though, I think the read should be more substantial than just the interaction we had.

You liked Fish's entry post. That pretty much negates your liking of his 'points and examination.'

I mean sure, I can't argue your role PM as I don't know what it says.

I am getting butchered in this thread. A weaker person than I may have exploded/reported posts/asked for replacement/committed suicide by now.

Well, I'm town. So, where do we go from here?
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Xiao Long »

In post 1163, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:

I am getting butchered in this thread. A weaker person than I may have exploded/reported posts/asked for replacement/committed suicide by now.

I get it, cause insulting someone yet again after the mod has already given an in-thread warning is *definitely* a town thing to do.

Like, is there seriously any doubt at this point that BBT is making posts that intentionally try to antagonize me (AKA trolling)?
"The only way to get smarter is by playing a smarter opponent."
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:23 am

How is that aimed at you?

OK yeah, you had a go at me. The other 3 things you haven't done so wtf?

I'm genuinely getting fucked off with this game now
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Xiao Long »

Really? I flat out told you I reported your posts. You attempting to deny your post wasn't a thinly veiled personal attack is almost as absurd as you saying you're town wwwww
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:32 am

Seriously. I just want to enjoy a game of fucking mafia.

I have done my best to not fucking interact with you and you keep quoting my posts and trying to get people to vote me because you keep trying to make this fucking personal.

I'm sorry you're taking it that way. Please, don't interact with me and I won't interact with you and we'll make sure we don't join any of the same future games.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:33 am

Meh, why no pedit.

You obviously didn't report my posts because I heard nothing back from it.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:43 am

Post by Xiao Long »

No, I don't "keep trying to get people to vote you" for anything personal. Actually, aside from your trolling, I have quite good reasons for voting you. For instance your massive misrep of me saying I was calling you scum because you didn't like my reads list. That's not even remotely why I called you scum, and even Varsoon made note of it. Your sheeping has nothing to do with our exchange. Your terrible vote swaps during your engagement with Varsoon near the beginning of the day. Literally the only time you could say I tried to get people to vote you because of personal reasons was 1164, and that wasn't a call to vote you so much as a call to show I'm not full of shit when I say you are purposely antagonizing me.

As far as you not hearing anything back from the reports, that's not my area as I'm not a mod.

As far as refusing to interact: that is terrible. Like it or not, we're both still alive in this game. I really don't mind interacting with you so long as you lose the condescension and the insults. After all, that really has no bearing on why you're scum.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:15 pm

In post 1169, Xiao Long wrote:No, I don't "keep trying to get people to vote you" for anything personal. Actually, aside from your trolling, I have quite good reasons for voting you. For instance your massive misrep of me saying I was calling you scum because you didn't like my reads list. That's not even remotely why I called you scum, and even Varsoon made note of it. Your sheeping has nothing to do with our exchange. Your terrible vote swaps during your engagement with Varsoon near the beginning of the day. Literally the only time you could say I tried to get people to vote you because of personal reasons was 1164, and that wasn't a call to vote you so much as a call to show I'm not full of shit when I say you are purposely antagonizing me.

As far as you not hearing anything back from the reports, that's not my area as I'm not a mod.

As far as refusing to interact: that is terrible. Like it or not, we're both still alive in this game. I really don't mind interacting with you so long as you lose the condescension and the insults. After all, that really has no bearing on why you're scum.

OK, maybe that's me going on the defensive then wrt to you accusing me of being scum for ~reasons~.

Well, I don't remember you showing any previous inclination to thinking I was scum before I said I disliked your reads list so I can only assume that that was when your scum-read on me began. Even in your reads-list I was null, so, where am I going wrong here?

Where have I sheeped? Is sheeping always a sign of scum?

My early D2 play was weird, yeah, but not scummy.

I assumed you reported to list-mods or whatever and as I didn't receive a PM assumed you didn't do it. I didn't know it was to game Mod so that makes more sense now and makes my recent post look like it could be targeted at you.

I don't think I come across well online. I can't help it either, it's just the way I phrase things and because I don't get offended easily I kind of expect the same from other people when that's obviously not the case. Please, just take everything I say with a grain of salt.
Xiao Long
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Xiao Long
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Xiao Long »

I actually voted you when you were arguing with Varsoon early D2 iirc. I had you scum then, but I started to second guess myself which is why you were null in my reads list.

I can get the posts that look like sheeping, but I don't feel like doing it right now, so I'll do it next time I'm on. As far as always being a sign of scum? Not always, but it's far more common from scum than town in my experience.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:12 pm

Post by Zebulin »

Intent to hammer Drake

48 hours so we can use the remaining days

I feel like I've explained why earlier and his recent posts show 'scum/town that doesn't care' and neither attitude helps town. That 1108 literally asks to be lynched. I'm also worried that the wagon is getting apathetic and just forgetting about itself (like how the boys forgot Simon in
Lord of the Flies
, just stopped caring).

Also, Formerfish, I was waiting for Goblin's replacement to come in and answer questions before voting the guy, because I assumed Goblin couldn't/wouldn't play Mafia. The replacement, you, played townish so I didn't see the need to vote.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:19 pm

Post by Varsoon »

When drake flips town, can we lynch scum BBT?
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:09 am

Post by Shinobi »

Vote Count

Drake Crusader
(4): orcinus_theoriginal, Boonskiies, Konowa, BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
(3): Xiao Long, Formerfish, Varsoon
Varsoon
(1): killerjester
Boonskiies
(2): Zebulin, Drake Crusader

Not Voting
(1): acryon

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline
: (expired on 2014-12-17 18:00:00)
Last edited by Shinobi on Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”