Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1064, Mathdino wrote:Because it's a pet peeve, just wanna say

Ad hominem is not "You're wrong, therefore you're stupid." That's just an insult. A useless one in this game, but an insult nonetheless.
Ad hominem is "You have an IQ of 42, therefore you're wrong."
Ad hominem is not "You're disregarding a common reaction test, therefore you're a hipster."

Regardless, just because it's common doesn't mean it doesn't work. The only way it wouldn't work is if you believe GC read the thread and confirmed it was a reaction test before claiming his role. Otherwise he had no way of knowing it was a reaction test.

I'm not arguing semaintics before but I will repeat myself.

He doesn't have to read the whole thread to know that's a reaction test if he's seen something like it before.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1066, wgeurts wrote:Yeah we don't want to be lynching me.

In post 1065, Alchemist21 wrote:This is the most we've gotten from Flubbernugget all game. Curious that this is the argument he chooses to go for in-depth.

So actually weigh in on it or something
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:36 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

disregard 1066 in that last post
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:53 am

Post by Mathdino »

There's not much to weigh in on. Your content nowadays is "Math's reaction test is null" (
oh thanks, glad you refuted my townread on a guy
you haven't provided reads on
) and "Adrien and Alchemist are scum because I say so and because Alchemist did what Math asked him to."

So you wanna quit being useless and give us something to work with?
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:09 am

Post by Aneninen »

Mobilpost about reading the chat and promising a detailed catcjup soon........
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:47 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Finished catching up.

I'm open to questions if anyone has them. I think I have a case against a few players, but I need to reread via ISO before I put them out. I don't think I have anything that's a homerun at the moment, but we'll see what I turn up.

-----

w/r/t Math's reaction test: While I'm not oblivious to the concept of reaction testing for replacements, I haven't seen one in a while and I don't think I've ever been subjected to one. So it didn't even cross my mind that Math/droog could have been lying simply to reaction test me. For whatever that is worth.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:15 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

What do you think of him saying you're town?

Also if alchemist flips scum math is trying a really fucking blatant chainsaw.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:19 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 1078, Mathdino wrote:There's not much to weigh in on. Your content nowadays is "Math's reaction test is null" (
oh thanks, glad you refuted my townread on a guy
you haven't provided reads on
) and "Adrien and Alchemist are scum because I say so and because Alchemist did what Math asked him to."

So you wanna quit being useless and give us something to work with?

Adrien is scum because it looks like he reads something really easy to bitch about then does so to look busy.

Alchemist's compliance was inorganic. See I can rephrase things too.

You're trying to veil my activity as a scum case.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:20 am

Post by Mathdino »

In post 1081, Flubbernugget wrote:What do you think of him saying you're town?

Also if alchemist flips scum math is trying a really fucking blatant chainsaw.

I make nothing of it. I have a high tendency to be doled a townread when I'm really active.

You know what chainsaw means, right? Defending someone by calling their attacker scum?

You're not scum.

You're just being useless.

@GC: No questions, but for starters a basic reads list would be nice.

Edit: Meanwhile, you're misrepping me.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 7:50 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Okay it's good that you've explicitly stated I'm not scum so we can drop that for now.

And here we go with chainsaw semantics. You're still trying to make me look bad/discredit me after I got a little more aggressive with alchemist and look at that; he might not only be a lynch candidate but it's getting close to deadline too.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Flubber:

In post 1081, Flubbernugget wrote:What do you think of him saying you're town?

Well, I agree with Math's assessment that my reaction is solidly town. But I have an obvious bias in that assessment. It just so happens that it's also a bias that reflects reality.

As a matter of scum hunting, I don't think anyone should get credit for claiming X-Player is town when, later, X-Player flips town. So the fact that he is calling me town, when I know that I would flip town if killed, does not sway me one way or another on how I feel about him.

I personally don't put too much stock in reaction testing generally. And I don't think my reaction is all that probative of my alignment, because looking back there is a 40 minute gap between Math's/Droog's test posts and my response. In that time I could have skimmed the thread, saw that they were lying, deduced that they were reaction testing me, and manufactured a post that benefitted me under the theory that I'm scum. Or, alternatively - and as what actually happened - I could have checked the thread via phone while watching Netflix with my wife, saw the posts, and responded off the cuff based upon my town alignment.

But from the position of anyone that isn't me, I acknowledge that there isn't really much evidence one way or another to subscribe to either theory of my reaction post. Even without such evidence, there is a certain element of a gut reaction/predisposition towards my slot that could factor into how one responds to it. But even in light of such considerations, it's strange that Math has adopted the "it's genuine" stance so strongly. Which makes me paranoid.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:38 am

Post by Mathdino »

I already explained that; I didnt like the wagon anyway and I figured the reaction test would be a damn good way to confirm you as scum or get people off thw wagon.

Also it feels really genuine, along with the fact that you clearly read the thread way after the test. Also the response to me wondering why you replaced into confscum.

I thought of a question: do you think itd be protown to reveal what Ven picked? No ones picked up on that discussion and Im undecided.
Also reads list plox
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:10 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 1086, Mathdino wrote:I already explained that; I didnt like the wagon anyway and I figured the reaction test would be a damn good way to confirm you as scum or get people off thw wagon.

Also it feels really genuine, along with the fact that you clearly read the thread way after the test. Also the response to me wondering why you replaced into confscum.

I thought of a question: do you think itd be protown to reveal what Ven picked? No ones picked up on that discussion and Im undecided.
Also reads list plox

I'm not sure the discussion on Ven's choice would be worth much atm. We've had one Town assume scum above him because he didn't get his pick, another Town that got the role scum always goes for, and a third softclaiming a scummy role just to keep it out of scum hands.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:01 am

Post by Green Crayons »

@Math:

I wasn't really wanting you to explain anything. I saw that you explained your position. I was merely divulging my thoughts on the matter.

I don't know what Ven picked. I am asking for that information. I don't really know how useful it will be. From my understanding of the mechanics of the game, it will meant that Alchemist (4), dave (6), Hayate (8), or Siv (13) got it? Well, not siv, as he's a dead VT.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:27 am

Post by farside22 »

GC: Thus far nothing you've said really has changed my view thus far. I would like to know what your thoughts are on players.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Aneninen »

I'm reading and reading... and I have different reads on many players than the majority seems to have. However, there's something common, I suppose: Wgeurts's gameplay is very different from the one I know.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Yeah, that's fine. I have company coming over tonight for dinner. I'll get to it tomorrow.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1088, Green Crayons wrote:I don't know what Ven picked. I am asking for that information. I don't really know how useful it will be. From my understanding of the mechanics of the game, it will meant that Alchemist (4), dave (6), Hayate (8), or Siv (13) got it? Well, not siv, as he's a dead VT.

Thinking about this, as roles aren't really alignment indicative, I don't see how me divulging this information would be beneficial for anyone except scum.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:08 pm

Post by Mathdino »

And we dont have Ven here to explain his pick, so...

Its only useful to the extent of looking at who you cant be scum with, really.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:10 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Wait thats actually realky useful

What can scum do with it when the top 4 are already NK targets anyway?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:15 pm

Post by farside22 »

In post 1091, Green Crayons wrote:Yeah, that's fine. I have company coming over tonight for dinner. I'll get to it tomorrow.

What are we having for dinner!
:lol:

In post 1094, Mathdino wrote:Wait thats actually realky useful

I thought you had scum in the top 4......

In post 395, Mathdino wrote:There's scum in the top 4. I'll eat my hat if there's not.

By that, it'll be incredibly easy for scum to figure out who it is.

So why the push on gerts again?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

@Math:

In post 1093, Mathdino wrote:And we dont have Ven here to explain his pick, so...

Its only useful to the extent of looking at who you cant be scum with, really.

In post 1094, Mathdino wrote:Wait thats actually realky useful

How does it show who I can't be scum with?

Me divulging information will let scum know what yet another PR is in the Top 4. They can weigh whether they want to target higher or lower than me based off of that info. Town can . . . think it's a neat bit of information and then do nothing with it.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1095, farside22 wrote:What are we having for dinner!
:lol:

Baked chicken with a side of Brussels sprouts and bacon. And lots of tasty, tasty wine.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Green Crayons »

Okay here's a run down of reads, per request.

I don't think these things are actually useful to the thread at large, as it appears to me that people usually just look for their own name and then respond, while ignoring the rest, so y'all will get a mostly one-liner situation based off my memory of how I felt about everyone's play.

wgeurts
: scummy posting early on, then it became more leanish town near the end of D1, then null.

Flubbernugget
: town posting throughout, though mostly unhelpful

droog
: I want to say town posting, but paranoia is getting to the better of me; lean town for now.

Alchemist21
: scum candidate, more on that later.

Ankamius
: scum candidate, more on that later.

VictorDeAngelo
: I thought Amy's posts read pretty town; I think Victor's replaced-in posting style is scummy, but the fact that he's running with it while people have stated how much they dislike it reads town, as it looks like Victor isn't actually looking at up-to-date posting while reading through for the first time. Not saying that
only
scum
would
look at up-to-date posting while reading through (for various reasons, including the fact that I kept an eye on what was going on in new posts while reading through, and I know that I am town), but that scum
would not
(likely) just ignore the present-day game while reading through, and scum would probably like to readjust their style to stop doing something several players have said that they really hate.

Aneninen
: I thought his posting was lean town until his soft claim, which I thought was scummy, but that's the only problem I've seen with his play.

Formerfish
: likely town based off of his play (his slot's prior occupant was lurker suspicious, but not all infrequent posters to the point of being replaced are scum), but his frequent cursing raises my hackles - not because cursing is bad (fuck that shit), but because I don't recall him cursing as much in the one previous game I played with him + I played with someone who had a perfectly adequate but not infallible theory that excessive cursing was indicative of possible scum alignment as it was a forced attempt to look more emotionally invested in whatever = paranoia.

TheAdrienC
: lean town; potential for lurker scum, but I'm just not feeling it.

Mathdino
: when I read his posts, I think town; when I read criticisms of him, I think scummy. Don't know what to do with him.

farside22
: null, leaning town; her play - though still very much farside - feels different from her scum game in an Open Game that we just wrapped up, but nothing so far leaps out to me one way or another.

Green Crayons
: lol I replaced a 15 year old; hoooooly shit I remember that age. It sucked.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:30 pm

Post by farside22 »

Can you expand on the gerts and Flubber and amy spots more.

I had amy pretty null. My concern with victor is a bit meta based but I've only seen his scum game so it could be a bit paraniod without doing more research on the spot.

I keep going back and forth with Flubber. First scum, then town, then scum, then town. I just don't always know where he is coming from and then he has moments I go yea! Basically spastic.

Return to “Completed Open Games”