Mini 1633 ~ Non-normal Mafias Mafia OVER!!!

eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by eyestott »

Also:
In my first game here in my current stint, in EspeciallyTheLies' Newbie game, I was scum. I started off with a rolefishing play that would look very scummy, because people would blame it on my newbieness, and townread me for it. Thats exactly what happened, and I lasted till 5p Lylo.
Truth is, we have NO IDEA how new zombehs is to mafia.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:13 pm

Post by eyestott »

Now, im not saying that makes him scum. What Im saying is that we cant just play the newb card.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:18 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

Pasch there's a whole wagon on zombiez why are you only bitching about it to om?
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by tn5421 »

In post 352, Flubbernugget wrote:Pasch there's a whole wagon on zombiez why are you only bitching about it to om?

Om has been the most vocal in pushing it for a lynch.

UNVOTE:

In post 335, Flubbernugget wrote:Feeling om's case on zombehz

eyesott is town.

Four may be trying to get rid of a pr with his push on ghost, but considering the role I don't know how concerning that is.

VOTE: zombiez cuz it's like tn but worse

So you're going to passive-aggressively insult me but not bring anything up? Okay, screw you too.

In post 343, Paschendale wrote:
In post 330, Om of the Nom wrote:
UNLESS YOU ARE EXPLICITLY READING ZOMBEHS AS TOWN YOU SHOULDNT BE DEFENDING THE WAGON

calling it a newblynch is just a fucking cop out to get yourself out of needing to form a read on him

That is complete and utter horseshit. If a lynch looks bad, I will certainly work to prevent it, even if I have a null read on its target. Meanwhile, the things you say are scummy about Zombehs aren't scummy. No matter how many times you say they are, it won't become true. You're just making up bullshit to justify your predetermined conclusion.

In post 331, FourTrouble wrote:I feel like he's going through the motions -- asking questions, taking a couple positions -- but doesn't care what happens. Part of this comes from his overuse of qualifiers like damn and fuck; overemphasizing points that don't need that emphasis makes the emotion feel very fake.

This is an interesting point and I'm gonna go back and look at Ghost's posts with this in mind.

Om's play is really starting to bother me. I thought it was strange when he went along so readily with the townbloc thing earlier on, but how he's harping on about a lurker that still hasn't posted much is setting off alarm bells in my mind.
WIP
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:44 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

you know i have posts about people who arent zombehs

also i went along with townbloc bc that is metal style play it did not bother me
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by tn5421 »

You're not going against anyone in any meaningful way except when it comes to zombehs.

That's what is bothering me.
WIP
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

yea well
thats because people still think he qualifies as a newb which therefore makes him not scummy
maybe if people stop being ding dongs about it i can move on to other things
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

if anything i have been the sole reason that everyone jumped on the wagon because literally everyone except me has sheeped me on the wagon
so please, tell me why me pushing a wagon is more scummy than just agreeing on short notice and jumping on

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 315, CooLDoG wrote:
VOTE COUNT 1.7
Om of the Nom (1) ~ FuDuzn
tn5421 (1) ~ Flubbernugget
MTD (0) ~
ika (0) ~
Ghostlin (1) ~ FourTrouble
Metal Sonic (3) ~ Paschendale, Mathdino, Ghostlin
Mathdino (0) ~
Flubbernugget (0) ~
FourTrouble (0) ~
FuDuzn (0) ~
Paschendale (0) ~
eyestott (0) ~
Zombehs (4) ~ Om of the Nom, eyestott, Metal Sonic, Zombehs (l-3)

It takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is: 17:00 (CST) Monday, January 19, 2015

Not Voting (3): | MTD | ika | Mathdino | tn5421

In post 320, tn5421 wrote:Stop using bold, use vote tags plskthx.

you are why we don't have standardization

To be perfectly clear, you may use a "vote" tag
or
a "bold" tag in order to vote.

In post 342, Om of the Nom wrote:im about 90% sure that cooldog didnt change today's deadline and its still the 19th so im ok with that, heck maybe even two weeks off will be fine
but ultimately i still want a post from zombehs befpre any of that can happen

The current deadline is displayed at the end of every vote count. It wasn't changed. The next day will start the new deadlines of 2 week days and 3 day nights.
after a wank.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:08 pm

Post by Paschendale »

So, I think our biggest concern in the game right now is how much of the playerbase isn't playing. Ika has 1 post, MTD only has 4, Fud 5, and Zombeh 7. I don't want to lynch lurkers, but they'd better start contributing or else that might change.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:10 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 359, Paschendale wrote:So, I think our biggest concern in the game right now is how much of the playerbase isn't playing. Ika has 1 post, MTD only has 4, Fud 5, and Zombeh 7. I don't want to lynch lurkers, but they'd better start contributing or else that might change.

This is incredibly wishy-washy. If you believe their actions are hurting Town and not contributing, why the fuck not?

Take Zombeh's post count for instance. Unless those seven posts are substantive, that's almost begging to be under the radar. (Ditto, Fud) At least with Ika you could make the argument with one post he's just not HERE.
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:19 pm

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 349, eyestott wrote:
In post 325, FourTrouble wrote:eyestott, help me lynch Ghost.

Why me?

He believes you're Town. So do I, for that matter.

That's neither here nor there; the newbie analysis frankly bores me. Not because you're doing it, because it has to be said.

Oh, and for those of you who hate the whole 'lets not lynch lurkers or VIs Day 1' (MS was closer to a VI than a lurker and there's definitely a difference there), at least I have a fucking stance about it and I'm not going to to bullshit you on 'you better get active before I look your way'. :igmeou:
"You live for the fight when it's all that you've got."--Bon Jovi, Living on a Prayer
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:17 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 361, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 349, eyestott wrote:
In post 325, FourTrouble wrote:eyestott, help me lynch Ghost.

Why me?

He believes you're Town. So do I, for that matter.

That's neither here nor there; the newbie analysis frankly bores me. Not because you're doing it, because it has to be said.

Oh, and for those of you who hate the whole 'lets not lynch lurkers or VIs Day 1' (MS was closer to a VI than a lurker and there's definitely a difference there), at least I have a fucking stance about it and I'm not going to to bullshit you on 'you better get active before I look your way'. :igmeou:

Cool.
I was asked to help lynch you. I'm not just gonna vote you, but I will look over your ISO.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:10 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

VOTE: ghost
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:10 am

Post by CooLDoG »

mathdino and zombehs have just gotten their first prod.
after a wank.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:46 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 360, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 359, Paschendale wrote:So, I think our biggest concern in the game right now is how much of the playerbase isn't playing. Ika has 1 post, MTD only has 4, Fud 5, and Zombeh 7. I don't want to lynch lurkers, but they'd better start contributing or else that might change.

This is incredibly wishy-washy. If you believe their actions are hurting Town and not contributing, why the fuck not?

Take Zombeh's post count for instance. Unless those seven posts are substantive, that's almost begging to be under the radar. (Ditto, Fud) At least with Ika you could make the argument with one post he's just not HERE.

Because I expect them to start contributing. This game started right around Christmas. A lot of people simply aren't playing it yet. We shouldn't limit our lynch choices based on activity so early in the game. We have plenty of time and should be encouraging people to play, rather than trying to quicklynch. We are in no hurry. I'll take Zombeh for instance. He's not really playing. Those seven posts aren't substantive. So, instead of lynching him for not yet playing this game, I want him to start posting some substance and start playing. Then we can make an informed read of his alignment.

In post 361, Ghostlin wrote:Oh, and for those of you who hate the whole 'lets not lynch lurkers or VIs Day 1' (MS was closer to a VI than a lurker and there's definitely a difference there), at least I have a fucking stance about it and I'm not going to to bullshit you on 'you better get active before I look your way'. :igmeou:

And what exactly is your superior method to encourage contribution? Threats seem to be the only way to get people to pay attention in my experience.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:17 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

My textbook is saying pasch is town which is why he's way too null for my liking
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:45 am

Post by Ghostlin »

You wanna threaten lurkers to play by threatening them? That's fine, but you can't say shit like this...

[quote="In

Lurker lynches on day 1 are pretty pathetic.[/quote]

OR THIS....

AND THIS....

In post 365, Paschendale wrote:

Because I expect them to start contributing. This game started right around Christmas. A lot of people simply aren't playing it yet. We shouldn't limit our lynch choices based on activity so early in the game. We have plenty of time and should be encouraging people to play, rather than trying to quicklynch. We are in no hurry. I'll take Zombeh for instance. He's not really playing. Those seven posts aren't substantive. So, instead of lynching him for not yet playing this game, I want him to start posting some substance and start playing. Then we can make an informed read of his alignment.

And what exactly is your superior method to encourage contribution? Threats seem to be the only way to get people to pay attention in my experience.

And expect any of us to take you seriously. It's almost like you created this whole reasoning of 'I don't want to lynch lurkers Day 1' to seem Town and then went the other way to seem even more Town. At best, you're being hypocritical because you don't plan on proposing a lynch below the radar AT ALL but you want to get lurkers to contribute which is null, and at worst, this shows a desire to keep your options open, only adapting a position as long as it suits your purposes, which is scum.
Ghostlin
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Ghostlin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:47 am

Post by Ghostlin »

In post 338, Flubbernugget wrote:I would normally say we have more time to talk but considering the "old skool" deadlines I must now debate

What exactly was stopping you before? Yes, I plucked it out of your ISO, but that's because I don't fucking remember you ever.
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:05 am

Post by Paschendale »

In post 367, Ghostlin wrote:And expect any of us to take you seriously. It's almost like you created this whole reasoning of 'I don't want to lynch lurkers Day 1' to seem Town and then went the other way to seem even more Town. At best, you're being hypocritical because you don't plan on proposing a lynch below the radar AT ALL but you want to get lurkers to contribute which is null, and at worst, this shows a desire to keep your options open, only adapting a position as long as it suits your purposes, which is scum.

So what's your better idea? Yes, it's hypocritical to threaten lurkers at the same time blasting lurker lynches. But in the absence of a better approach to lurkers, I don't see an alternative. Do you have a better idea, or are you just being a pain in the ass?
tn5421
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
tn5421
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:09 am

Post by tn5421 »

In post 369, Paschendale wrote:
In post 367, Ghostlin wrote:And expect any of us to take you seriously. It's almost like you created this whole reasoning of 'I don't want to lynch lurkers Day 1' to seem Town and then went the other way to seem even more Town. At best, you're being hypocritical because you don't plan on proposing a lynch below the radar AT ALL but you want to get lurkers to contribute which is null, and at worst, this shows a desire to keep your options open, only adapting a position as long as it suits your purposes, which is scum.

So what's your better idea? Yes, it's hypocritical to threaten lurkers at the same time blasting lurker lynches. But in the absence of a better approach to lurkers, I don't see an alternative. Do you have a better idea, or are you just being a pain in the ass?

He's telling you that you can't have it both ways.
WIP
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:16 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 368, Ghostlin wrote:
In post 338, Flubbernugget wrote:I would normally say we have more time to talk but considering the "old skool" deadlines I must now debate

What exactly was stopping you before? Yes, I plucked it out of your ISO, but that's because I don't fucking remember you ever.

Why did you expect me to take issue with me plucking something out of your iso?

And stopping me from what? Why is this even relevant considering where my vote is now?
Paschendale
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Paschendale
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:29 pm

Post by Paschendale »

In post 370, tn5421 wrote:He's telling you that you can't have it both ways.

I'm well aware, but I'm also not aware of any actual way besides prods and replacement to get inactive players to be more active. Do you? Threats are pretty much the only way, and I don't want to decide the day's lynch based on activity rather than content.
FuDuzn
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
FuDuzn
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:20 pm

Post by FuDuzn »

I have missed too much to completely catch up, but I will comment on the lynch all lurkers discussion going on now.

I used to see it as a big scum tell, and as much as I disagree with it, it is a null tell at best. Those fighting back against those who want to lynch all lurkers are more likely to be scum.

Always a scum tactic of mine to defend lurkers. I will have to iso those who are doing this to see if there is something there.
The greatest trick the devil ever performed was convincing the world he doesn't exist
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:06 am

Post by Mathdino »

@Mod: Declaring LA for this game due to travel and family emergency. Sorry.

no problem at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”