Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 1456, Mathdino wrote:
In post 1430, Ollie wrote:Good boy, timely use of your power. I knew you were the vig but thought you were gonna do me tonight lol, didn't think you could use it in the day though. Good luck town & remember to read my post about who the scum are & trust Mathdino's judgement.

Doc out.

Wait hang on did you think that was a dayvig O_O

Yeah I came back into the thread to see if Green Canyons had reacted to my flip yet. I didn't think anyone had noticed so I just carried on. Thanks for making me look like an idiot.

In post 1462, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:And why are we wagoning Ollie he looks town?

Thank you! At least someone is seeing things as they are. It's because they had a scum read on my predecessor before I came into the game. My slot had four votes on it so I've been on the back foot in the game the whole time.

You'd better hope Green Canyons doesn't have a scum read on the guy you replaced cos you won't get a chance from him. Aneninen is constantly coming up with confirmation bias stuff about why I'm town. I see the latest thing is my day 3 behaviour when I was trying everything I could to keep myself alive (as the doc is more valuable than most roles), & I'd do it again. Oh but of course Aneninen would just lay down & die if he were the doc. A little tip, if either of those guys start tunnelling on you then don't respond to their posts, their responses are just them having conversations with themselves, assuring themselves that you're scum.

In post 1464, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:VOTE: adrien

A fine selection sir, very scummy indeed. One of my four most likely.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:49 pm

Post by Mathdino »

I want thoughts as to what Ollie's 'dayvig' reaction is like, with the caveat that scum have daytalk.

Seriously SERIOUSLY reconsidering Ollie wagon.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:47 pm

Post by Aneninen »

In post 1446, Aneninen wrote:
Druuge and Flubber: please, answer this: where do you live? In Europe, in the USA or somewhere else?
This is VERY important.

Even if it doesn't change many things (most likely), I'm still waiting Flubber's answer for this.

Townies, DO NOT lynch anyone, not even Ollie quickly now!

After Flubber's answer I'll explain everything. The scums made a silly mistake and I think we're able to win the game from this point.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:54 pm

Post by Mathdino »

Those of you who aren't townreading Aneninen after all this should be further dayvigged.
Mathdino
Mathdino
Survivor
Mathdino
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:13 am

Post by Mathdino »

Declaring unofficial LA this game due to travel and such. This game's fairly high priority so I should stay semi-active but I won't have time for long analyses and spamposting, just fyi.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:07 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1476, Mathdino wrote:I want thoughts as to what Ollie's 'dayvig' reaction is like, with the caveat that scum have daytalk.

Seriously SERIOUSLY reconsidering Ollie wagon.

You dayvig gerts, so...?

I don't think about what if before a flip.
Just who I'm scum reading. I'm stubborn that way.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:14 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Math
didn't
dayvig anyone. His post where he was "voting" for the target (Ollie) that the possibly nonexistent N3 vig should shoot looked like a dayvig input.

Math's question is whether Ollie's reaction to Math's N3 target vote - believing it to actually be a dayvig command - is enough to clear him of suspicion.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:24 am

Post by Green Crayons »

My response is that scum don't win by partially committing to a strategy. If Ollie is scum, his strategy under BW pressure has been disappointment and guilt tripping. His response to Math's "day kill" is in line with that, and could also be just scum messing with town by approving of a town post. Or maybe Ollie understands that it wasn't a day vig, and is really screwing with us. (shrug)

I will grant that there have been aspects of Ollie's response to pressure that look like town to me. But I've seen such flickers of town play coming through from both town and scum who have been under lynch pressure. (Also, I think some of the play that looks town - e.g., frustration, genuine happiness when people understand their POV - has a large overlap with coming from scum under lynch pressure.)

So now, finally, when just a few votes away from a lynch, a suspect starts acting town isn't going to save him from a lynch as far as I'm concerned. That is, what flashes of town I see in Ollie's play doesn't override my suspicions of the slot's prior occupants, my suspicions of Ollie's D2 play, or the scummy aspects of Ollie's response to the BW pressure today.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:38 am

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 1474, Mathdino wrote:Can everyone post their proposed scumteam if Ollie flips scum and if he flips town before we lynch? Thanks.

If scum: wgeurts/Flubbernugget
If town: wgeurts/{farside, GC}/Flubbernugget

I still think Adrien is town, honestly.

hello, i exist now and you can sort me!
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:43 am

farside22 wrote:

Why does Ollie read town.

Don't disagree with you about adrien.

if you don't mind i'd love to flip the question back to you real quick, replacement and all

how much of your ollie read is predicated on his scumread on you?

because tbh i think the cross-suspicion from both of you looks like it's not completely independent of each other's scumreads?

and ollie reads town because of his "ok-ness" with being lynched

it'd be a tricky play for scum to pull off and i'm not going to assume that much of a dec.10 joindate

unless he wants to enlighten me iwth some offsite play?
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:44 am

In post 1482, Green Crayons wrote:So now, finally, when just a few votes away from a lynch, a suspect starts acting town isn't going to save him from a lynch as far as I'm concerned. That is, what flashes of town I see in Ollie's play doesn't override my suspicions of the slot's prior occupants, my suspicions of Ollie's D2 play, or the scummy aspects of Ollie's response to the BW pressure today.

hi

replacement here and all

12 days until lynch

humor me and don't push for a lynch just yet

thanks!
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:45 am

In post 1477, Aneninen wrote:
In post 1446, Aneninen wrote:
Druuge and Flubber: please, answer this: where do you live? In Europe, in the USA or somewhere else?
This is VERY important.

Even if it doesn't change many things (most likely), I'm still waiting Flubber's answer for this.

Townies, DO NOT lynch anyone, not even Ollie quickly now!

After Flubber's answer I'll explain everything. The scums made a silly mistake and I think we're able to win the game from this point.

In post 1478, Mathdino wrote:Those of you who aren't townreading Aneninen after all this should be further dayvigged.

jesus christ no?

activity tells are fucking weak and reek of scum trying to find a lame excuse to fake a scumread

i don't really mind anen doing it but i sure as hell am not going to townread him for it
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:48 am

In post 1465, Aneninen wrote:Also, Ollie, as for this: "Scum hunting based on location? This is cringeworthy stuff." – I have a very good reason for that question and I'll explain it after Flubber has answered.

incidentally i missed this the first time around but my statement still stands

i'll get my reread in...hopefully tonight? idk i might just pass out, alcohol:food ratio was a little off today
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:49 am

In post 1479, Mathdino wrote:Declaring unofficial LA this game due to travel and such. This game's fairly high priority so I should stay semi-active but I won't have time for long analyses and spamposting, just fyi.

i want to touch you in intimate, alignment-indicative places.

;)
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:02 am

In post 1475, Ollie wrote:Yeah I came back into the thread to see if Green Canyons had reacted to my flip yet. I

i think my reread is tomorrow morning so it's not actually happening tonight

and this is also not actually a question

but i think it's suspect you felt the nneed to say this
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:04 am

In post 1486, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:activity tells are fucking weak and reek of scum trying to find a lame excuse to fake a scumread

*specific activity tells like timezone based stuff. more general tells related to overall activity and interest in the game work really well

in case that was going to come up anytime soon

sorry for the spam posts merry awkward-five-days-in-between-xmas-and-newyears!
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1484, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
farside22 wrote:

Why does Ollie read town.

Don't disagree with you about adrien.

if you don't mind i'd love to flip the question back to you real quick, replacement and all

how much of your ollie read is predicated on his scumread on you?

because tbh i think the cross-suspicion from both of you looks like it's not completely independent of each other's scumreads?

and ollie reads town because of his "ok-ness" with being lynched

it'd be a tricky play for scum to pull off and i'm not going to assume that much of a dec.10 joindate

unless he wants to enlighten me iwth some offsite play?

My scum read has nothing to do with his crappy case.
He has claimed doc.
There was one other person above him on the list that had a pr (there is no doubt alchemist had a pr) he claims to have protected a claimed vt in the game.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:16 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

I know the guy (orcinus) is gungho on voting me, but it is a bit refreshing to hear a counterpoint on Ollie. Ollie isn't fighting his lynch very hard. I've offered an alternative to Ollie that I wish the rest of the town would at least consider.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:47 am

In post 1492, TheAdrienC wrote:Ollie isn't fighting his lynch very hard

how does this sentence fit in with the rest of your post?
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:53 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

You are offering the counterpoint that Ollie isn't really giving us.
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:03 am

Post by droog »

Alchemist is dead and flipped cop
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:10 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1492, TheAdrienC wrote:I've offered an alternative to Ollie that I wish the rest of the town would at least consider.

You haven't made a case for why Flubber is more likely to be scum than Ollie.

Until you or anyone makes this case for any player, Ollie is the lynch for today.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:11 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1485, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:hi

replacement here and all

12 days until lynch

humor me and don't push for a lynch just yet

thanks!

Are you reading through the thread or just looking for highlights from other players?
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:31 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

In post 457, TheAdrienC wrote:Best Buy has been kicking my ass. One of the things I'm uneasy about and I posted this before my V/LA is Flubbernugget wagon hopping right before I left. It gave me a vibe of "I'm not gonna win this lynch with Amy so I'm just going to hop on the next vanity wagon". And what was his reasoning? Oh, I suck at mafia so I'm just going to sheep someone. And now that another vanity wagon started and I posted something about his wagon hopping, he's openly supporting the Siv wagon, but not actually wanting to be on it.

So my top scum read now gets my vote.

Vote: Flubbernugget

I touched that earlier with this.

In post 252, TheAdrienC wrote:I haven't caught up yet, but Nugget hopping from one wagon to another is something that makes me uncomfortable.

In post 1367, TheAdrienC wrote:Flubbernugget: He was my first scum read in this game and I'm still not reading him very well. Go through my ISO and I pretty much broke down why I wasn't a fan of Flubber. I'm sticking by my guns. I told you I was keeping my eye on you, Flub. Also, that quick hammer after I posted intent and was waiting for information before actually hammering didn't rub me very well.
Weak scum read

Then you have him saying he didn't like the last lynch despite the fact he was the hammer. I'm currently asking him what he thinks about the Ollie wagon, which is important for my case.
TheAdrienC
TheAdrienC
Goon
TheAdrienC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:35 am

Post by TheAdrienC »

I'm not saying I'm townreading Ollie. Trust me, he's my very next read and I am willing to lynch him if that's the direction we go for this phase. But I'm more sure Flubber is scum.

Return to “Completed Open Games”