Aneninen (0) -
dodgy56 (1) - vettrock
Wickedestjr (1) - beastcharizard
beastcharizard (1) - Wickedestjr
Tean Samargo (0) -
mastin2 (1) - BlueBloodedToffee

Not Voting: killapenwin, dodgy56

With 13 alive, it's 7 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is Monday, January 19th at 2:00 pm PST which is in (expired on 2015-01-19 14:00:00)
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:52 pm

Post by Wickedestjr »

I like the points against eyestott. Not a fan of the penguin case, though.

dodgy56 wrote:ok im going to get the ball started here. i havent played in this set up before. what are peoples thoughts on the mechanics of this game? or how are you planning on approaching this game?

Just treat it like a normal game until we have more information to work with. We know the setup is somewhat balanced, but there is no way of knowing what the specific setup is unless people claim, and we want to keep our power roles a mystery for as long as possible. Once roles are revealed, then there might be benefit to speculation, but I don't think 'now' is the time.

davesaz wrote:
In post 68, Wickedestjr wrote:
I'm liking my vote more now.

This terminology sounds familiar, but can't put my finger on who says it a lot.
It gives off a faint odor of scum.

How else am I supposed to say that the magnitude of my suspicion for someone has increased? This seems irrelevant.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:53 pm

Post by eyestott »

Heres why I chose this game:
Most people prefer to scumhunt in the conventional way. Some players use meta a lot to scumhunt. Others, including myself, use role-related and setup-related points mainly for scumhunting.
This setup has so much variance, which is what drew me to the game. I am viewing this setup as closer to a logic puzzle than other mafia setups, as a large amount of players hold small pieces of information about the setup.
I am a late game player. Ill still scum hunt in the conventional way, but when i make cases, please place more weight on my role-related arguments than my conventional arguments.
Now, as for how we should approach this game, setup-wise, The VTs (no comment on whether I am one or not) have no information, but after our first lynch, we will be able to gradually narrow down what possible setups the game could be.
After each death, I will analyse the information, and share what new information we know about the setup. Others are welcome to do the same analysis, though. Anyways, Ill be replying to KP now.

By the way, heres how much experience I have with each of the players:
Killa: 1 newbie game where I was a scum.
Heartless: same newbie with Anti, he was town.
dodgy: 1 game on Playdip where I was a scum.
mastin: the same newbie game, she was town. I also played in her Hilariously Unbalanced game, where I was town.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:58 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 101, Wickedestjr wrote:
dodgy56 wrote:ok im going to get the ball started here. i havent played in this set up before. what are peoples thoughts on the mechanics of this game? or how are you planning on approaching this game?

Just treat it like a normal game until we have more information to work with. We know the setup is somewhat balanced, but there is no way of knowing what the specific setup is unless people claim, and we want to keep our power roles a mystery for as long as possible. Once roles are revealed, then there might be benefit to speculation, but I don't think 'now' is the time.

oh of course, i wasnt in anyway suggesting we should reveal. im just trying to work out how you all approach the game. to see whether its similar or different to what im used to.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Post by davesaz »

@eyestott: What prompted you to post your history info?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:01 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 97, Tean Samargo wrote:
In post 95, vettrock wrote:
In post 94, dodgy56 wrote:ok im going to get the ball started here. i havent played in this set up before. what are peoples thoughts on the mechanics of this game? or how are you planning on approaching this game?

I haven't played this setup before either. Seems to be a lot of variation. I'm just going to focus on scum hunting for now. After the first night, we will either have some power roles that find us some information, or we won't. If we don't have the power roles, that means there is less scum, if we do, it should be easier to find them. I don't think it pays to speculate at this point on the setup and play beyond that.

So are you planning on scumhunting soon then? I dont really consider what you've done so far as scumhunting even though you're "focusing on it".

While there is 5 pages on content, I've not seen much that jumps out as alignment indicators yet. Everyone scumhunts in their own way. I'm not a good one for informationless RVS cases, but I think I can contribute more as we move along.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 105, vettrock wrote: I'm not a good one for informationless RVS cases, but I think I can contribute more as we move along.

yet you voted me on no information?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:04 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 88, killapenwin wrote:
In post 67, eyestott wrote:
In post 54, killapenwin wrote:I see we have all just descended into throwing out random votes with no explanation, I was just about to vote on dodgy and with the same reasoning but that damn vettrock beat me to it. Either that or he is playing Jedi mind tricks on me, which would be rather devious of him. I am watching you little green dwarf.

So youre criticizing people for giving a lack of explanation in RVS, then say you were just about to vote dodgy for the same reasoning someone else gave?
VOTE: Killapenwin.

1: @eyestott: You mean me pointing out what everyone is doing and then saying I not going to because someone already posted the thing I was going to say to join in with the random voting?

2: You seem pretty quick to throw a vote on me without even questioning me first, I see that as more scummy than town.

3:I am not sure if people even know what a haiku is and at this stage of the game I don't think anyone is going to have a strong read on Tean's alignment after 2 posts. So no, I do not know if Tean is scum or not but similarly to Eyestott I wouldn't look favourably on Tean's were to continue his vote on me simply for his lack of reasoning.

4: Clearly any attempt at banter I have tried to make has failed miserably so I will just be serious from now on.

1: I didnt understand this. Why should what other people are doing in RVS prevent you from doing things?
2: We were barely out of RVS at that time. My vote was only slightly serious, but having seen your response, I'm happy with it. Why is it scummy, and better yet, if you think I'm scummy, why arent you voting me? I actually find you scummy for just calling me scummy, but doing nothing. Its passive aggressive behaviour, which is pretty scummy.
3: Hilariously
Socio-economic
Hippopotamus
Both of your scumreads (which you havent voted) are on people who have voted you. Additionally, youre passing off Tean's vote as one with a "lack of reasoning". And again with passive aggressiveness, but this time its masking a threat.
4: Where have you made "banter"? Or are you trying to pass off scummy behavior as banter?
"Nah guys, when i said that, i was just joking!"
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

VOTE: eyestott would be my vote at this point.
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:06 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 104, davesaz wrote:@eyestott: What prompted you to post your history info?

Just in case people wanted to know who has had experience with me, and who hasnt.

P.Edit: dodgy, why is that?
In post 87, dodgy56 wrote:
In post 84, Heartless wrote:eyestott's another good vote

why?
if you are going to say someone is worth a vote you need to convince us of it

Goes both ways.
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:09 pm

Post by vettrock »

In post 106, dodgy56 wrote:
In post 105, vettrock wrote: I'm not a good one for informationless RVS cases, but I think I can contribute more as we move along.

My vote on you was an RVS vote. Its only purpose is to get the game moving. As RVS votes move around information is created.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:13 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

@eyestott- your early interaction with me mainly, it was helpful but came across as buddying fmpov. and i think killapenwin's arguments against you (in paticular point 2) are quite valid.

(plus i noticed i was one of only 2 people not voting at this point so felt like i should place a vote on the person who i felt was scummiest) my vote isnt necessarily a great one but with the limited content in thread atm, its my best read.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:15 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 110, vettrock wrote:

My vote on you was an RVS vote. Its only purpose is to get the game moving. As RVS votes move around information is created.

perhaps i misunderstood you when you said you werent a good one for informationless rvs cases? i read that as you saying youre not a fan of RVS voting. or did you mean something else?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:21 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 111, dodgy56 wrote:@eyestott- your early interaction with me mainly, it was helpful but came across as buddying fmpov. and i think killapenwin's arguments against you (in paticular point 2) are quite valid.

(plus i noticed i was one of only 2 people not voting at this point so felt like i should place a vote on the person who i felt was scummiest) my vote isnt necessarily a great one but with the limited content in thread atm, its my best read.

Why is my being nice scummy? Why couldn't it have come from town-me?
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Post by eyestott »

In post 111, dodgy56 wrote:@eyestott- your early interaction with me mainly, it was helpful but came across as buddying fmpov. and i think killapenwin's arguments against you (in paticular point 2) are quite valid.

As for point 2, other people have placed votes without questioning.
For instance, YOUR VOTE ON ME.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:24 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 113, eyestott wrote:

Why is my being nice scummy? Why couldn't it have come from town-me?

it was more just a feel of it. and im not discounting it coming from town you
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:25 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 108, dodgy56 wrote:VOTE: eyestott would be my vote at this point.

I often respond to a non-RVS "naked vote", i.e. a vote with little/no surrounding explanation, by immediately calling it out as naked and voting for that player.
I'll give you a pass this time because you got some reasons posted before I had a chance to act.
I mention it here because there are several players in the game who have seen me do it and may question why I didn't do it this time. ;)

Question re: buddying. Do you view different types of helpful posts differently?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
eyestott
eyestott
Mafia Scum
eyestott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:32 pm

Post by eyestott »

Dodgy: Post 66 and Post 73 were purely strategy related things, which is a null-tell.
Post 71 was to make sure you knew I was me.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:35 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 116, davesaz wrote:
In post 108, dodgy56 wrote:VOTE: eyestott would be my vote at this point.

I often respond to a non-RVS "naked vote", i.e. a vote with little/no surrounding explanation, by immediately calling it out as naked and voting for that player.
I'll give you a pass this time because you got some reasons posted before I had a chance to act.
I mention it here because there are several players in the game who have seen me do it and may question why I didn't do it this time. ;)

Question re: buddying. Do you view different types of helpful posts differently?

ill cop that. i had stated some concerns earlier about eyestott but i probably should have stated them when i made my vote.

in regard ti your question. i judge posts based on context and content. so its a case by case situation.
I think with this if it had been anyone else i would probably feel a bit more comfortable with it as a welcome post. i think because i know eyestott from playdip, it changed my view of it to a certain extent.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 116, davesaz wrote:I mention it here because there are several players in the game who have seen me do it and may question why I didn't do it this time. ;)

On another note, this is not town thinking... this is the thinking of someone who interested in looking town. town's job is to find scum and make themselves understood. they shouldnt be doing things because they care about there image. Scum want to look like town so they certainly have an interest in their image and looking like town.

This post makes me suspicious of you.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:43 pm

Post by Aneninen »

I've run out of time now. Catching up later. Or at least I hope so.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:30 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Mostly skimming right now.

There are a couple of reads that I want to get to, but I'm not sure how to go about it. Basically, I want to hold back on giving the info, yet not actually forget what the reads are, but don't want to run afoul of mod rules or what I say being transparently obvious, to let the read develop for a little while longer. I'm coming up on a bit of a blank. Let's just say I basically have thoughts on almost every player in the game right now, albeit mostly weak. I'm really struggling to think what to do about most of it, but I will reiterate this:

Dave is scum. You can trust me on that.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:43 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 121, mastin2 wrote:Mostly skimming right now.

Dave is scum. You can trust me on that.

i dont trust you on that at all. why do you think he is scum?
Dave is a player i would consider voting right now but i want to know what your case against him is.
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:18 am

Post by dodgy56 »

quick question for everyone? when someone is lynched/nked? what information is revealed. At Playdip i have played in games where allignment and role are revealed, games where only their allignment was revealed and even a couple of games where no information about the player killed was revealed. I just wanted to clarify what the case here?
vettrock
vettrock
Mafia Scum
vettrock
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:23 am

Post by vettrock »

In post 112, dodgy56 wrote:
In post 110, vettrock wrote:

perhaps i misunderstood you when you said you werent a good one for informationless rvs cases? i read that as you saying youre not a fan of RVS voting. or did you mean something else?

I'm not good with informationless cases. (I don't think anyone is, but some people are more willing to push them than others.) I'm not a fan of RVS voting, but I acknowledge it help to move the game along to a point where RVS voting is not required anymore.

In post 123, dodgy56 wrote:quick question for everyone? when someone is lynched/nked? what information is revealed. At Playdip i have played in games where allignment and role are revealed, games where only their allignment was revealed and even a couple of games where no information about the player killed was revealed. I just wanted to clarify what the case here?

Alignment and role is revealed upon death.

In post 119, dodgy56 wrote:
In post 116, davesaz wrote:I mention it here because there are several players in the game who have seen me do it and may question why I didn't do it this time. ;)

On another note, this is not town thinking... this is the thinking of someone who interested in looking town. town's job is to find scum and make themselves understood. they shouldnt be doing things because they care about there image. Scum want to look like town so they certainly have an interest in their image and looking like town.

This post makes me suspicious of you.

I would agree with this. Those overly concerned with maintaining a town look, and their own meta is moderately scummy.

Return to “Completed Open Games”