Mini 1634 - English Premier League Mafia (Game over)

Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 416, Guyett wrote:
In post 415, massive wrote:
In post 395, Guyett wrote:vote: death

Is there anything, anything at all you'd like to say to qualify this?

Not really no.

:lol:
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

In post 574, Ollie wrote:
The last post does indeed say it all, but about how weak this case you've imagined up about me is. Guyett knows my game, he's modded most of the games I've ever had. & he is saying I'm town til he's blue in the face. He's went on a mad one to try & get the attention of the other players ffs. AND DESPITE ALL THE EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY you think 'he knows something is up' for referencing an earlier game? I did it instantly when I came into this one. It's just something to protect yourself. Just like this looks like. So you're panicking about having been duped by me by the looks of it. Pull yourself together.

Self-meta? Really? My oh my. I hope you can come up with a better defence than self-meta.

You think I'm protecting myself? What makes you think that and what exactly do I have to protect myself from?

In post 358, Ollie wrote:Would BBT be so obvious as to off two of the guys hassling him though?.& then he's voted for Yiiey as well.
So not sure about that one.

That's me saying I don't think you are scum because two guys voted for you. I used hassle because Guyett posted numerous posts where they were voting for you. You're over thinking it & you've read it wrong.

No, that's you saying you don't know about me being scum. That doesn't align with you town-reading me.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by BROseidon »

I was going to deadline-wagon elk, but I see that the deadline has been indefinitely postponed.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 573, massive wrote:Your VCA relies on BBT being town, and you're just parroting Red Arrow's "wagon analysis" from Day 1. See 75 for me pointing out what's wrong with this "analysis."

"What's wrong with this analysis," according to you in post 75, is that Red Arrow didn't bother to follow it up at all. That's... Guyett's problem, somehow?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of the wagon VCA, and certainly don't have as much faith in it as Guy does, but I think you might want to clarify your position a little bit...
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 571, Guyett wrote:-snip-

Don't forget the coaching with Ollie that I did.
Also,
those guys
were calling for your lynch today. I was telling them to make a case. I'm not calling for your lynch today. I'm saying to postpone anything of the sort until
at least
the next Day phase, where we'll have some flips relevant to you. But, if they wanted to put together a case, and it looked good and convinced a bunch of people, then people would move to your wagon. Just like with any other player.
Just trying to get people to fucking
play,
you know?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:47 pm

Post by 4burner »

I guess I'm half here right now.

@BBT looking at Ollie is heartwarming. @Whiskers drifting towards not is not. D@Guyett's breakdown could either be scum or town equally.

Have you ever been so sure of someone's alignment that you would act in such a way? Not personally.

I think I missed some questions from earlier. I remember Whiskers asking me about my read on Ollie in a quote and such, something to do with the read not geling with my writeup around it. I didn't word it well at all, I'll take that, all I can reiterate is that the Whiskers thing was not the majority of my scum read on Ollie.

@death I'm finding town. @elk I'm having trouble attributing any motivation to beyond newb.

@Guyett - why is Ollie town? if you have reasons I need to hear them because obviously people are scum reading there, and just blowing up about it isn't going to sway opinion.

@Bro isn't really doing much. Neither am I the last few days, granted. @massive hasn't done anything to move the needle from slight town read.

What have I missed?
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:50 pm

Post by 4burner »

Oh also has Ollie been sitting on L-1 for like, days now without a hammer? I suppose fearful scum aren't going to jump on if he is town, and town are scared because it could take them with.

However, asking a scum read to hammer is never going to work. Scum will not cooperate regardless of Ollie's alignment. If he's town he's supersaint. If he's scum he is their scumbuddy.

Picking one person and demanding they hammer just sets up a mislynch I feel. Still happy to hammer though.
Ollie
Ollie
Goon
Ollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by Ollie »

In post 576, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:
The last post does indeed say it all, but about how weak this case you've imagined up about me is. Guyett knows my game, he's modded most of the games I've ever had. & he is saying I'm town til he's blue in the face. He's went on a mad one to try & get the attention of the other players ffs. AND DESPITE ALL THE EVIDENCE TO THE CONTRARY you think 'he knows something is up' for referencing an earlier game? I did it instantly when I came into this one. It's just something to protect yourself. Just like this looks like. So you're panicking about having been duped by me by the looks of it. Pull yourself together.

Self-meta? Really? My oh my. I hope you can come up with a better defence than self-meta.

You think I'm protecting myself? What makes you think that and what exactly do I have to protect myself from?

In post 358, Ollie wrote:Would BBT be so obvious as to off two of the guys hassling him though?.& then he's voted for Yiiey as well.
So not sure about that one.

That's me saying I don't think you are scum because two guys voted for you. I used hassle because Guyett posted numerous posts where they were voting for you. You're over thinking it & you've read it wrong.

No, that's you saying you don't know about me being scum . That doesn't align with you town-reading me.

I know my intentions & motives behind the post better than you do. I was saying I wasn't sure about Guyett's theory that you were scum (this was because I was leaning town on you at that point). I reckon I was reading you as town before Guyett.

You're protecting yourself from looking silly if I flip town when most others are scum reading/claiming to be scum reading me.

You can come up with all this self meta garbage all you want BBT but if you look at what I said instead of putting it through a mafia cliches filter... Guyett's posting history in this game says he's reading me as town, that is displayed most clearly recently. & you have brought up one post about a previous game from near the start of the game to say otherwise. Why are you misrepresenting what Guyett's read on me is? It doesn't make sense.

In post 581, 4burner wrote:Oh also has Ollie been sitting on L-1 for like, days now without a hammer? I suppose fearful scum aren't going to jump on if he is town, and town are scared because it could take them with.

No I haven't. Congratulations on one more wrong assumption to add to the massive pile. I love how you used yet another flat out wrong thing as a reason I'm scum though.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by Whiskers »

In post 580, 4burner wrote:@Whiskers drifting towards not is not.

?????????
Red Arrow
Red Arrow
Townie
Red Arrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:00 pm

Post by Red Arrow »

In post 581, 4burner wrote:Oh also has Ollie been sitting on L-1 for like, days now without a hammer? I suppose fearful scum aren't going to jump on if he is town, and town are scared because it could take them with.

However, asking a scum read to hammer is never going to work. Scum will not cooperate regardless of Ollie's alignment. If he's town he's supersaint. If he's scum he is their scumbuddy.

Picking one person and demanding they hammer just sets up a mislynch I feel. Still happy to hammer though.

He is at L-2... it is 6 to lynch.

I am willing to take the hammer.
4burner
4burner
Goon
4burner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:59 pm

Post by 4burner »

This is what I get for phone posting earlier.

Also @Ollie, I noticed that the wagon stall is actually pretty null because both alignments would hesitate to hammer. It ended up a pretty useless post in hindsight. I'll wear that.

@Whiskers - Your Ollie read, I think I read a little while back was trending toward town if not exactly there yet?
theelkspeaks
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
theelkspeaks
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Post by theelkspeaks »

In post 577, BROseidon wrote:I was going to deadline-wagon elk, but I see that the deadline has been indefinitely postponed.

Deadline wagons are a pretty common way for scum to force sub-optimal (i.e. town) lynches. Wanting to deadline-wagon someone makes me suspicious, regardless of whether it's me or not. It sounds like you're pre-planning a way to lynch a particular player.
deathfisaro
deathfisaro
Goon
deathfisaro
Goon
Goon

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:36 pm

Post by deathfisaro »

In post 586, theelkspeaks wrote:Deadline wagons are a pretty common way for scum to force sub-optimal (i.e. town) lynches. Wanting to deadline-wagon someone makes me suspicious, regardless of whether it's me or not. It sounds like you're pre-planning a way to lynch a particular player.

I disagree with your expression. Generally wagons are majority composed of townies. Scums are not forcing mislynches, they're just standing by and letting mislynches happen. And it's not easy for scum to hammer using the excuse of deadline lynching.
People still go under a lot of scrutiny for deadline hammering and such. People who declare their willingness to deadline lynch someone are usually people who've been suspecting the target for a while anyway. Otherwise they'll look like opportunistic scum.

And to be honest, right now it's more of a regular game because the deadline's extended. There's no need to plant the idea that our current wagons are sub-optimal prematurely. It'll only make you look worried about losing a buddy.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:03 am

Post by massive »

In post 578, Whiskers wrote:
"What's wrong with this analysis," according to you in post 75, is that Red Arrow didn't bother to follow it up at all. That's... Guyett's problem, somehow?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge fan of the wagon VCA, and certainly don't have as much faith in it as Guy does, but I think you might want to clarify your position a little bit...

In post 75, massive wrote:In your post 49, you mention that you think it's likely one of the members on BBT's wagon is scum.
You don't, however, seem to even entertain the possibility that BBT himself could be scum.
And then you go straight into 50 and vote for someone else without even continuing to explore your own point about BBT's train.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:14 am

Post by Guyett »

Yes because I am not entertaining the possibility of BBT being scum

In post 356, Guyett wrote:

At LEAST one of {Yiley, BBT, 4burner} Has to be scum from my POV

I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Red Arrow
Red Arrow
Townie
Red Arrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:46 am

Post by Red Arrow »

Seems like we are stuck in limbo until Yiley is replaced?

like guyett, I am not seeing BBT as scum. Still think Ollie is the best lynch, as I said already I would be confident enough to hammer as I don't buy his claim.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Guyett »

I dont think bbt is scum.
why dont you like the claim? Like Southampton and supersaint works really well.

However I have just remembered something from our site from a greatest idea game and one of the guys picked supersaint as he is a Southampton fan :/

I need to think now
I think a lot about meteors. The purity of them. Boom! The end. Start again. The world made clean for the new man to rebuild.
Mario Balotelli
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:58 am

Post by Mario Balotelli »

Discussing something with one of my co-designers. Please hold
Mario Balotelli
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:13 am

Really sorry to have missed this the first time - I've been sick all week, and as a result have only really been reading for votes.

One of my co-designers has been reading the thread, and has noticed that Ollie has broken the following rule:

In post 1, Mario Balotelli wrote:
Game Rules:

General:

- Do not quote PM's from the mod at all (real or fabricated). Paraphrasing is acceptable.[/b]

The offending post is the following:

In post 445, Ollie wrote:Guyett & Whiskers, not only is my role not useful but it's also a pretty common fake claim for scum to avoid a lynch. So how the hell am I gonna get out of this one? :lol:

I was looking for a scum quick hammer as that's about the only use I could see for this role but I think that maybe it could help explain my actions a bit. The obvious link between
Southampton & Super Saint
is why I've been entertaining club & alignment/role match ups with some semi obvious/really obvious reasoning behind them, somehow this got twisted. I doubt finding who the scum are is really some hard to decipher puzzle & we could actually 'outguess the mod' to some extent if there wasn't so much opposition to it, but never mind.

role PM excerpt...

Having churned out talents like Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and many, many more over recent years, to oust you from the game would hurt your rivals almost as much as it would hurt you. If you are lynched, the player who placed the hammer vote on you will also immediately be killed.

The mafiawiki was no help about how to play it (it's the first time I've had it). It said don't claim it early if you're town & if I claim it late I'm a policy lynch so whatever. Catch 22.

I mentioned it here, maybe elsewhere, I don't know....

In post 354, Ollie wrote:
Yeah my role is linked to my team clearly & also linked well in my PM so it's stupid as fuck to dismiss this kind of talk.

So that's that. Has it it helped? Nah!

The bolded part is not paraphrased. It is copied directly from the Role PM. This is a violation of the rule, and the only course of action is to modkill the slot.

Ollie - Southampton - Mafia SuperSaint turned Neutral Survivor - Modkilled Day 2

Welcome to Premier League Mafia,
Ollie
! You are
Southampton

Year Founded:
Home Ground:
St Mary's Stadium
Strengths:
World-renowned youth academy, Graziano Pelle's hair
Weaknesses:
Objectively none

You are a
Mafia Supersaint
with the following abilities:

Production Line:
Having churned out talents like Gareth Bale, Theo Walcott, Adam Lallana, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and many, many more over recent years, to oust you from the game would hurt your rivals almost as much as it would hurt you. If you are lynched, the player who placed the hammer vote on you will also immediately be killed.

Night 2 now begins. It will be at least 48 hours, but will continue until a replacement for Yiley is found. I will post in the thread an actual deadline when that happens.

Whilst I am at it, certain members of this game are skirting towards breaking both Rule 0 and other rules. Please can we ensure that we are playing towards our win condition at all times, and are not being a dick. Thanks
Mario Balotelli
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:14 am

Please note, the above decision was made in discussion with
ChannelDelibird
and
zoraster
Mario Balotelli
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Sat Jan 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Ghostlin replaces Yiley. Thanks Ghostlin!

Deadline is now 6pm GMT on Tuesday 13th January 2015. That's over 48 hours.
Mario Balotelli
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Mario Balotelli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:57 am

COMMENT

By George Ankers

Swansea City's fall as the latest victim of a Financial Fair Play crackdown only exposes some dark truths at the heart of the English game, one that the sport must address quickly if it is not to collapse entirely.

The Swans were booted out of the Premier League on Tuesday in punishment for a seemingly implausible list of transgressions that nonetheless appear to be borne out by a series of documents obtained by
Goal
, with Fifa president Sepp Blatter condemning the "poor decisions of the league" in allowing such behaviour to go on for so long.

Distasteful as it is to concede a point to football's thoroughly inglorious leader, it is nonetheless astonishing that Swansea, as we now know, ploughed over £40 million into the signing of the ghost of Duncan Edwards as a "brand ambassador", as well as loading the club with debt in order to finance left-back Neil Taylor's debilitating iOS App Store habit through exorbitant wages.

Following as it does Burnley's shock dissolution for similar offences, one can only begin to wonder what is going on behind the scenes at the Etihad Stadium, Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford and how the Premier League's biggest spenders have thus far escaped scrutiny. And the biggest losers remain the fans.

4burner - Swansea - 2-shot Neighbouriser - FFPed Night 2

Welcome to Premier League Mafia,
4burner
! You are
Swansea City

Year Founded:
Home Ground:
The Liberty Stadium
Strengths:
Quick and classy passing, out-of-the-box signings
Weaknesses:
Situated in Wales

You are a
Town Two-shot Neighbouriser
with the following abilities:

Principality:
As a Welsh club barging into the English football pyramid, you're used to redefining the boundaries of personal space. During the Night, you may target a player other than yourself. Starting from the following Night, you will be able to talk to that player during Nights in a private topic. You may do this a total of twice per game but you may not target more than one player per night. If you use your ability twice, you will have two private topics with one player in each one, rather than one private topic for all three people.

Mod announcements:

Whiskers is Liverpool Football Club

Guyett is unable to post anything today other than votes or unvotes

A minor mod error was made on Night 1. More will be explained post game.

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is in 10 days, at 7pm GMT on the 23rd January 2014
Last edited by Mario Balotelli on Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red Arrow
Red Arrow
Townie
Red Arrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:52 am

Post by Red Arrow »

In post 591, Guyett wrote:I dont think bbt is scum.
why dont you like the claim? Like Southampton and supersaint works really well.

However I have just remembered something from our site from a greatest idea game and one of the guys picked supersaint as he is a Southampton fan :/

I need to think now

seems very redundant now, but with the way he claimed, he word for word posted a role PM which was against the rules. I didn't get a chance to answer you before the game was locked. But my reply would have been a claim the way he did was in violation of game rules, and nothing happened.

That and I was sure he was scum to the point I was going to hammer him.

It seems we have a role restrictor and a flavor revealer roles now.
Guyett
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Guyett
Hammering Hammered
Hammering Hammered

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:56 am

Post by Guyett »

VOTE: Guyett

VOTE: No Lynch

VOTE: Massive

Red Arrow
Red Arrow
Townie
Red Arrow
Townie
Townie

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:12 am

Post by Red Arrow »

OK, Since Guyett is restricted I suggest a code for communication with him...

vote - no lynch for yes
vote -lynch - for no

when asking questions...

When asking who he thinks is scum ask him to vote: (insert names)

Try and work around the restriction as best we can

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”