The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4550 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:55 am

Post by The Will of Heaven »

In post 4466, Bulbazak wrote:I think TWOH is cult leader and Droog is alien. However, I'm absolutely certain that TD is mafia, so I want to go for the guaranteed scum.

Where did any of this come from?
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4551 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:55 am

In post 4549, droog wrote:What good would "weakening town" do
If I was alien or SK is want to weaken scum
You know this argument is too hypothetical to be worth shit
I concede you have a reasonable point and move on

Sorry I'm catching up like a crackhead but why exactly does anyone want to lynch you?
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4552 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:56 am

nacho have you even read anything ive skype'd you

why are you asking things you should know
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4553 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:57 am

And additionally, am I the only one creeped out by ooba death bypassing metal sonic and bulbazak and hitting the cop of the trio? Or was there a reason for that I missed in the never ending sea of pages?
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4554 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:00 am

There is approximately a 0% chance that KBW can channel the dead like KBW claimed he could. The way MM played the role was fairly straightforward survivor. Which means nothing special for KBW's alignment, just pointing out the obvious as I come to realize it myself.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4555 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:04 am

In post 4425, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4421, dramonic wrote:Wait when did TWOH get cleared from being mafia?

Tiph's alien cop is a mafia role. They investigated TWOH. Hence, TWOH is not mafia.

In post 4422, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 4420, Bulbazak wrote:they're not playing as they would as town.

when will you understand there's no way to define town-me

I have examples of how town-you pushes/tunnels suspects from Chain of Command and Duck Tales Mafia. Neither matches what you're doing here. Your play is way too subdued. Nacho has also been cherry picking posts, which is not a good sign from him, since it means he's not actually trying to figure things out, plus he's disappeared, another not very good sign. I would be shocked if your slot was town.

In post 4424, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 4420, Bulbazak wrote:and there have been 3 kills. There are aliens in the game.

three kills?

Both nights there were two kills. piegami and shos N1, ooba and southern belles N2

Ooba was killed, and Mollie was shot twice. 3 kills in play.

"Nacho's been cherry picking posts". - I always comment on posts that stand out to me: that is my playstyle. As for disappearing, I'm an inconsistent person and have disappeared from all of my games as of late, this one longer than others for what I hope are obvious reasons.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4556 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:07 am

In post 4407, dramonic wrote:Are you really more going to assume that KBW is investigation immune, even though he made numerous claim to being a survivor, over me just... being town?
:neutral:

EDIT: I agree survivors wouldn't come up as mafia to an investigation, but pretty sure they would come up as not town either.

EDIT2: Or Ooba coulda been redirected N2. If we're gonna go the redirection theory at least take both options into account.

Like, I'm not even sure why we're argueing this. If you're so paranoid have Tiphaine check me out as well, but the cop result on me points town, my role points town and DN getting a shot on scum from me points town. Christ.

DN shooting scum doesn't make you town.
It makes DN town.

What's been making you town for years has been your play but apparently more people missed that than I thought?
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4557 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 am

In post 4390, dramonic wrote:quack doctor would be a modifier that could be hidden. Being an insane doc makes the doc role randomly kill, it's not something you can not mention on flip, even as a bastard mod.

EDIT: He got "town" on KBW, who claimed 3rd party.
Explain that, if he's sane

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4558 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:09 am

Post by dramonic »

hm?
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4559 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:18 am

I don't think Kise has to explain any flip in a bastard game, especially since this was advertised and has turned out to be the obviously bastard type.
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4560 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:24 am

I think that Peregrine's approach is very logical. I agree that we should either trust the flips or distrust the flips, but ooba's cop sanity wasn't revealed and so assuming sane isn't the right approach.
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4561 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Kise »

Please, whoever LostPatients is needs to requote those posts under your main or they will be deleted within 24 hours.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Kise
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Kise
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4562 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:13 am

Post by Kise »

Votecount:

droog: 4 (Espeonage, TiphaineDeath, TWOH, BROseidon)
dramonic: 2 (mental somnic, Keybladewielder)
Keybladewielder: 1 (dramonic)
TiphaineDeath: 1 (Bulbazak)

Not Voting:

ArcAngel9, DeathNote, droog, GGG, PeregrineV,
The Goat
, Winter Skies

With 15 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

Deadline:

(expired on 2015-01-25 08:03:28)

Sorry for the wait.
They have escaped into the mansion where they thought it was safe.

Yet…
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4563 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:24 am

Post by Keybladewielder »

In post 4479, dramonic wrote:
In post 4475, Keybladewielder wrote:
In post 4462, GGG wrote:
In post 4461, Keybladewielder wrote:ENOUGH! I'm not going to just let you ought and kill me. I have valuable information, and you aren't getting it until after that damn vig has already shot someone else.

This is well played, force us to lynch you instead of vig you each day so you get the info. And you know the town is reluctant to lynch you. Do you have info that clarifies oobas sanity or is it just filtered opinion?

You won't know until I've got confirmation that the vig was used on someone else. But let's just say being able to channel the dead has many, MANY advantages.

For someone who`s been claiming to side with town all game you sure as hell don`t want to do anything useful.

Seriously wtf

I wonder why, owl-boy?

Perhaps because people want to KILL ME.

My ultimate goal is to survive the damn game. Keeping the valuable information under my belt until I can be sure to fulfill that role is playing towards my wincon. I'm still townsiding.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4564 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:32 am

Post by dramonic »

"playing to your wincon" was screwed over when MM claimed day 1.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
TiphaineDeath
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
TiphaineDeath
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4565 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:47 am

Post by TiphaineDeath »

In post 4435, LostPatience wrote:4228 is a well played buddy-buddy defence.

Requoting, sorry again.
Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done.

Credo-Supra-Veritate
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4566 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:11 am

Post by droog »

now that i know that lp is death's alt
i want to townread lp
ive played town lp and something about them was similar
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4567 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:19 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4481, The Will of Heaven wrote:fair enough. Multiball is a possibility. Aliens are a possibility, so is cult. I dont deny it. They are possibilities. Are they certainties? Fucking no.

When you claim that TD is confmafia because of role you take it as a certainty that aliens exist. It's not a fucking certainty.

I give you an alternate scenario where aliens dont exist and the alien cop is a useless town role only meant for misdirection. You can't deny this is a major possibility in a bastard game. Why the fuck are you discarding it?

I have my reasons.

In post 4482, Winter Skies wrote:I've been keeping up reading the thread even if I haven't been posting here much, but I feel I have a question worth actually asking.

What evidence do we have that "alien" is inherently alignment-indicative?

I mean, let's think about our crossovers. There are "alien" characters in this game if we define "alien" as non-human. What we could be looking at is a flavor-cop instead of an alignment-cop. I mean, consider this possibility. The Pacman and Sonic characters, alien. Soul Calibur, alien. Ryu Hazuki, human / not-alien. Mokujin would probably be considered alien - living wood creature thing. There's no evidence whatsoever so far that the town is "non-alien" or human while the non-town roles are "alien" or non-human. I mean, Zangief is human. Admittedly, "mech" zangief isn't quite human, but it's hardly
alien
. We can look at the mafia flips as well as the town flips. Bad servbot, metal sonic, mech zangief. I wouldn't strictly consider a robotic humanoid (mech zangief) alien, but I'd probably consider metal sonic (robotic version of an alien character) alien. Yet they're both of non-town alignment, just as Ryu Hazuki / Mokujin are of town alignment.

If you want to take this further, we can imagine other crossover characters and their relative humanity: starfox characters are all practically guaranteed to be alien, pokemon are probably alien, street fighter characters are, off the top of my head all, human, and megaman characters are highly debatable.

I find it highly highly unlikely that Tiphaine's role is anything more than a flavor cop. Useful, but hardly as directly beneficial as a town / not town distinction like you guys are putting it. I mean, without any clear evidence of it being alignment indicative, I don't follow why you're all trusting it to be so.

If the alien result is just flavor, then it would not be talking about non-humans, as the results are alien/not alien, and given the limited amount of aliens that could be pulled for a game like this, alien being a scum faction would still be extremely likely. But we've also seen from the mafia flips that Kise is not using flavor for team names, otherwise, the mafia would be called "Robotic" or "Mechanized" or "Robotic Alliance" or the like. The fact that it's called mafia, and that Muk recruited into a cult, not "slime brethern" or the like, points to Kise using traditional team terminology, even if the themes of the teams lend them to something else. In that case, I think we can say for certain using setup spec and what we've seen that alien is not a freaking flavor descriptor.

In post 4506, Winter Skies wrote:
I don't really buy the whole sk or multiball thought processes

Why not? Large games tend to have multiple faction more often than not, so you and TWOH being adamant that they don't exist seems very strange.

In post 4523, droog wrote:Still want an answer to
"Why would I claim to want to target ut /mil"
If I'm a SK or alien
It's in my Iso you can see me trying to not lynch ut

Did you read my last post, or are you just posting to post?

In post 4525, The Will of Heaven wrote:aliens don't exist as a faction, that's how

How do you know?

In post 4526, GGG wrote:
In post 4472, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4467, GGG wrote:Thanks I missed the TD results being town/not town as opposed to alien not alien. I should have caught that earlier

Ooba's results were in the form of town/not town. TD gets alien/not alien. My point is that with a town cop that gets not town results, which can catch aliens, there is no reason for town to have an alien cop. The only way that role makes sense is on the mafia team.

In post 4468, The Will of Heaven wrote:guys what are you doing

first we see if droog is sk or alien, if he's sk aliens don't exist and td is just vt

I strongly disagree with this

What do you strongly disagree with, and why?

In post 4548, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 4476, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 4473, The Will of Heaven wrote:bulba why can't he be a useless town role with no aliens being in the game? Tell me why you keep ignoring the possibility when it's highly likely that's the case.

Three. Shots.

Aliens exist, as do a cult. I don't get why you're so intent on ignoring all of that.

How do three shots break unlimited bulletproof?

Shot 1 hit Ooba. Shot 2 hit Belles and did nothing. Shot 3 was from a strongman and killed Belles. It's literally spelled out for us. 3 shots. Multiple factions.

In post 4550, The Will of Heaven wrote:
In post 4466, Bulbazak wrote:I think TWOH is cult leader and Droog is alien. However, I'm absolutely certain that TD is mafia, so I want to go for the guaranteed scum.

Where did any of this come from?

I think you're cult, because you're not alien or mafia, and you're not playing how I'd expect you to as town. It's either you're scum of some sort, or you're playing a horribad game, and I respect you too much to believe the latter. Droog is PoE. TD is mafia due to Ooba's roles and reasons.

In post 4555, The Will of Heaven wrote:
"Nacho's been cherry picking posts". - I always comment on posts that stand out to me: that is my playstyle. As for disappearing, I'm an inconsistent person and have disappeared from all of my games as of late, this one longer than others for what I hope are obvious reasons.

You cherry picked my response to your scum case. You ignored my points and went after weaknesses or non-issues, generally by misquoting or misrepresenting them. That is not indicative of a town Nacho, because it shows that you weren't trying to figure me out, but rather trying to seal a lynch.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
droog
droog
Jack of All Trades
droog
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4568 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:26 am

Post by droog »

if we have 3 shooting factions
why have there not been 3 deaths in one night ever?
"...probably the worst player I have had the pleasure of playing with in the last ten years..."
"i dislike this guy immensely"
"the worst townie that ever I have ever had the misfortune to play with, by a long shot"
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4569 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:30 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 4568, droog wrote:if we have 3 shooting factions
why have there not been 3 deaths in one night ever?

Given that we've only had 2 nights, it's hard to see a pattern. We know for sure that we were missing at least 1 kill n1, since mafia was killed. It's not much of a stretch to imagine the other 2 shots were blocked.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4570 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:45 am

there were never three kills
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4571 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:46 am

In post 4478, The Will of Heaven wrote:hell if you have to analyze flavor

In post 4019, Kise wrote:The would-be killer puts their gun away and scurries off. The Southern Belles pound their chest, feeling indomitable as they've scared off the shooter...until a large cannon blast comes soaring
from the direction the killer ran off to

see the bolded, it implies the first shooter shot the large cannon as well

it was just one person who shot belles
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4572 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:49 am

there are two shooting factions - mafia, and the sk/other scumteam who shot the two mafia

not rocket science

also i dont know what the fuck has taken place but bulba is scum. he's refusing to listen to reason and keeps saying his bullshit.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #4573 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:07 am

Post by BROseidon »

Bulba's thoughts till now have been super on-point.

I agree that he's wrong here, but the ding against him for this doesn't outweigh all the earlier stuff
The Will of Heaven
The Will of Heaven
Goon
The Will of Heaven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4574 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:33 am

bullshit he's been scum all game

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”