Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Heartless »

oh hey mastin

here and caught up as i'm gonna' be right now. i
seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you at the bottom

what the hell were you waiting on me for?
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Heartless »

i have to go pee now, but the dodgy/eyestott thing is overdone and eyestott is firmly avoiding doing anything productive

yoda may also be an ok vote, but let's see what tth says
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:38 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

In post 416, copper223 wrote:In this instance I am starting to think your push on Dave is incorrect and he just is naturally scummy, but I'm still pretty sure you are town.

BBT has done a good job of convincing me the Eyes L-2 was scummier than Tean's vote, I think you should vote Eyes.

For the record, dave is one of the players I am “thinking about” right now. Considering the amount of serious posts has almost doubled since I last developed reads, there are a lot of reads I’m reconsidering now.

I thought eyestott was scummy earlier, but he has defended against most/all my points. The only other reasons for his wagon that I’ve seen recently are BBT’s points (which I don’t like/agree with) and the criticism regarding eye’s dave vote, but I wasn’t really bothered by eye’s dave vote either. I don’t think this is a bandwagon that I will be joining today.

Copper, on several occasions you’ve based reads on players partially on how other players are treating them. Examples, a.) your comment about me in your very last post, b.) earlier you mentioned how the dog piling on dave made you uncomfortable with his wagon. Well now my question for you is this: can you name any player other than me that has issue with the eye bandwagon? If not, does that bother you? I haven’t checked everyone’s posts, but I can’t think of anyone town reading eyestott off the top of my head.

In post 417, Aneninen wrote:If Eyestott flips scum, Tean is most probably town, or at least, if both of them were scum, it would have been very dumb from them to jump on the Davesaz wagon with those posts. Also, if Eyestott is scum, that may clear Dodgy too, maybe.
Everyone, discuss these!

I agree with everything you say here.

Aneninen wrote:
In post 411, Wickedestjr wrote:
Aneninen wrote:BBT, – So, are you voting for the same person as Dodgy right now? Hmmm... (However, I don't think you're scum. When I met you first your gameplay was similar.)

Why did you feel the need to tell BBT you didn't think he was scum when you asked him this question, thus reducing the pressure? Seems a little suspicious.

I've played with BBT before. His start here was different from the one I had seen in our game but his later "pushes" are the town-BBT I had met before. So, I simply don't know what to think. Does it make sense now?

That makes sense but doesn’t answer my question. I’m not asking you why you town read BBT, I’m curious why you felt obligated to attach that statement to your question.

In post 425, Heartless wrote:holy shit this beast read is overdone too

[[[
eyestott
dodgy
mastin
//////
]

I have trouble believing this. dodgy vs. eyestott felt pretty genuine to me and basing mastin scum read solely under the assumption that dodgy/eyestott are scum seems like a stretch right now. +Scum points
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 10:54 am

Post by dodgy56 »

its been a busy couple of days, i need to catch up (should be tonight)
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:36 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 334, BlueBloodedToffee wrote: - Mastin, you have to be joking. How are you town-reading BC?
:lol:
YOU are the one who if I didn't know better I'd be calling joking...for having BC as anything
other than
town.

It's just
that
plainly obvious to me that he's town. Like...he just is. Everywhere. Everything. His entrance, his posting since then, it exudes the aura of towniness. It's also precisely what I'd expect from beast as town; I KNOW him (well, well enough anyway), and he is just town.
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:46 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 354, copper223 wrote:Throw that read away.
Alright, it's official; copper's town. So I think it's about time I shared with you some reads.
BBT I haven't had strong feelings for since the beginning of the game,
but
, the content BBT's posting has been town enough (it's just that I think BBT could post it as scum),
and
given my initial strong town feelings, he's a strong townread.
Copper I've been watching for a while, leaning town but never quite sure. And with this, he's cemented as town. This is just the sort of line that I was waiting to see from him, something that doesn't come naturally to scum to say, beyond content posted.
killapenwin's been fairly null to me, but I've seen nothing scum there and overall lean town. There's something in the posting around this timeframe, though I don't quite remember it.
vettock there's not been much there to give me a read, similar to killapenwin, but is slightly stronger town than killa. I had a reason, but I can't remember it.
Wicked and beast are my two strongest townreads.
Tean I've had mixed feelings on, but given the overall vibe of things, I think they're far more likely to be town than not.
Aninenim is a weak townread, again for reasons that I don't currently remember, somewhere around killa/vettock, but I forget if higher or lower or between them, but in that range.

That leaves dave (scum), Heartless, eyestott, and dodgy. And I think the scumteam's in there.
My academy.
Agnigi
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:49 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

Mastin is scum.

One more to find.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:51 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 371, Wickedestjr wrote:You’re either scum or insane if you think your extreme lack of contributions is evidence of a town role pm.
Uh, hate to tell you, but Wicked?

That's
exactly
the case. :P It's practically a scumtell for beast to produce content, especially in the earlygame. Like I said, I've gotten a fairly good grasp on beast, and I'm decently sure this is his towngame. You don't have to LIKE him for it, but you're not getting a lynch on him for it as long as I live, because he's town even if you don't want that behavior to be.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:55 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 393, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Can we lynch eyestott now?
I'd
prefer
dave, but if not him, then yes, eyestott'd probably be my secondary choice.
My academy.
Agnigi
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:55 am

Post by copper223 »

@Wicked
It is too early to say, I think bandwagons are good for late game analysis and I'm willing to support my townreads if I also dislike their targets and reasses after the reactions come in. Let me know about your new reads.

@BBT
Explain what you don't like about Mastin's post.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:56 am

Her town-read of BC.

Scum WK'ing someone who could quite easily be toDay's lynch based on nothing. Like, he has actually done nothing.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:58 am

Post by copper223 »

I think Mastin's town or playing pro town for today btw.

Do you know if her read on Beast is accurate? Cause it seems genuine to me, giving that kind of read otherwise is suicide.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:59 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 401, Aneninen wrote:In general, Dodgy/Eyestott, the conversation around those posts: Dodgy gives me town-vibes. Eyestott gives me scum-vibes.
Basically, this.

In fact, I think I can get a fairly good readslist going. Copper/BBT/Aneninen are all basically my "just below Wicked and beast"-tiered town right now since they're seeing a lot of the stuff I am.
My academy.
Agnigi
killapenwin
killapenwin
Goon
killapenwin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:05 pm

Post by killapenwin »

Ok I have caught up to, @wicked no you are not insane, I do not know why BBT is trying so hard to defend Tean and buddying up to him.

@Aneninen sorry I am not 100% sure how to link multiple posts I think it has to do with the "Q+ button but I think that only allows you to do posts from a single page, whereas my comments covered Tean's posts over the whole thread. If you have Tean's ISO in 1 tab and my post in another it is not to difficult to cross-reference.

I am kind of feeling this Eyestott wagon and mostly because I don't like his indecisive style of play, it seems too noncommittal. It is almost as if he is justifying an excuse at the point of voting so that he can defend himself when things don't look too good for him if he makes a mistake for example. If you are making a point against someone you should be trying to convince others they are scum typically in a format like this:

Person .... is scum because ......(read/reason).. and ideally ->see this post ..(evidence/post)...

or at least in some format similar to that. When I read Eyestott's posts he just seems to be indifferent. I find a person who does that to be difficult to read, a player is either scum or not you may have conflicting points but at some point you are going to have to decide.

I played my last game against scumEyestott and he did the same that game, which is partly why I think the wagon on him is a better choice than the others proposed so far. I'll hold off voting for him right now as I would like to hear more from a few players mastin/vettrock/heartless first.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 424, Heartless wrote:yeah, how mastin is ignoring the hammy eyestott/dodgy scum theatre to chase after me (who's time is limited AND TTH CAME IN THE THREAD AND EXPLICITLY SAID SO) is just so fucking beyond me
The eyestott/dodgy exchange has been something I've been keeping my eye on, along with copper and whatnot, and
intentionally
not saying anything. Nor has my focus been on you. My focus has always been on dave. I've DIRECTED attention elsewhere, making NOTES about you (and only pointing out you AFTER you revealed you knew said notes referred to you), and pushed some things (e.g. Wicked town, beast town), but there was rather a significant number of players I was waiting to comment on because my thoughts were still flowing.

To some extent, they still are, even though they've somewhat settled down. Right now I'm mainly focusing on the swirl around the weak townreads and the swirl in you/dodgy.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:11 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 425, Heartless wrote:holy shit this beast read is overdone too
Fuck that shit. You know goddamned good and well that I can read him. He is town. Period. There are people saying he isn't. I am shutting them down.
eyestott
dodgy
mastin
HEY, ANTI.
I'D LYNCH EITHER OF THOSE NAMES.
Eyestott in a HEARTBEAT.
Dodgy in...well, two or three heartbeats. :P

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?
My academy.
Agnigi
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:13 pm

You're willing to bus?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:14 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 427, Heartless wrote:what the hell were you waiting on me for?
WHY THE FUCK DO YOU THINK I WAS WAITING FOR YOU?!?

Because I had thoughts on almost all players, the majority leaning positive. You, disconcertingly, NOT ON THAT LIST.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 437, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:Her town-read of BC. Scum WK'ing someone who could quite easily be toDay's lynch based on nothing. Like, he has actually done nothing.
HEY, BTT.
FUCK YOUR "no meta" POLICY, GO READ LITERALLY
ANY
FUCKING GODDAMNED MASTOWN GAME YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

Beast is town. I am defending him. Fucking DEALWITHIT.
My academy.
Agnigi
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Aneninen »

Catch-up.

Heartless, why is Mastin scum? seems to be an insufficient answer for that. I agree with you about the Davesaz-wagon, it's pigeon poop with scum(s) on it. – I don't think Dodgy or Mastin are good ideas now, Eyestott may be okay.
As for this in :
"i have to go pee now"
– ...and people are calling
me
a fluffy lunatic??! ^_^

Wicked,
"That makes sense but doesn’t answer my question. I’m not asking you why you town read BBT, I’m curious why you felt obligated to attach that statement to your question. "
– I'm not townreading BBT, I'm unsure about him. As for that comment, I know that it's going to sound scummy but sometimes I make remarks for myself for later. Even if I use the pronoun "you".

Mastin, – I disagree with some of your reads. Eg. I just don't see a scum-dave here, nor a lean-town Tean. What is more important for me is this: how sure are you about your BBT read?

Killapenguin, – first of all, use this: [p8ost]440[/p8ost] – remove the 8s and it'll link to your post.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 438, copper223 wrote:Do you know if her read on Beast is accurate?
Damn straight it is!

Beast is town. Admittedly, I used to not be able to tell the difference, but I've played something like ten damn games with him back to back. You get to know a player if you play with them that damn many times...ESPECIALLY if you ALSO have in said games people who can reliably read them, that're familiar with them more than you are, and can give you a "crash course" in reading them. So soon enough, you've BECOME the one giving the crash course, so here I am, giving it.

Beast is town. I am sure of it. More sure of it than I am of dave being scum. More sure of it than anything, even. He just...IS.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:23 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 443, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:You're willing to bus?
DAMN STRAIGHT I WILL "bus" MY BUDDY EYESTOTT.
VOTE: eyestott.
My academy.
Agnigi
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:26 pm

In post 445, mastin2 wrote: HEY, BTT.
FUCK YOUR "no meta" POLICY, GO READ LITERALLY
ANY
FUCKING GODDAMNED MASTOWN GAME YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

Beast is town. I am defending him. Fucking DEALWITHIT.

Nah, I'm good.

Meta is still bad for scum-hunting.

You're defending him because he's town and you're scum, right?

Return to “Completed Open Games”