NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:51 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

I know Kthx, meta. Can you guess the sole function of meta? Fuck it I'll tell you. It's to initiate discussion. That's it. Never was more to it. Never.
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:56 am

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 766, FakedBlogger wrote:
Spoiler: @Kthx
@NJ: So here's the thing. In order to answer that question, we'd have to delve into what it is that scum play like which I've found is pretty different for everyone when it comes to their opinions. Let's just say, in MY point of view, I search for players who get on mis-lynches for no, vague, or regurgitated reasoning.

As for you, well, I'm not understanding your logic for being on the wagon yesterday when your number 1 scumspect was freaking leading it. You threw some percentages at me but in order for us to go "yeah, let's lynch d3x", you're telling us that there is no way that both d3x and killa are town. Unless there is some other way you can know this, you simply just don't know this. If you're scum, you'd know the opposite is true and I don't think you'd be pushing for the 'either or' thing this hard this early. The only other option is you bussing your d3x-partner as you're both scum. I don't think the latter is possible since d3x's town meta is exactly how he's playing now. When I have more time, I'll pull some up (or if d3x wants to be a dear and provide his own meta...:D).

Let's just say, his meta isn't that he mislynches town D1, it's that he finds something scummy from someone and tunnels the shit out of it till the person is dead. He simply isn't this aggressive as scum and seeing as I replaced into this game, he has/had very little reason to try and switch his meta just for me.

Anyway, I'm trying to figure out if you're just playing "VI"-like (as d3x says) or if you're scum. I don't like your 'there's 100% chance that one of d3x/killa is scum', but I'm not sure that it makes YOU scum.

What's not to understand? Put yourself in my position: You get a scumread on some guy and then you do your best to make people understand why he's scummy, but they don't get it because it's not one of them retarded WIFOM, OMGUS, newbcard kind of arguments that they like so much.

So you can either a) give up; b) waste your vote by deathtunneling or c) use unconventional methods to lay bare said guy's scummyness.

Does lynching town make you scummier? Obviously. It's pretty much the scummiest thing you can do and always will be, no matter the trends. So what can be more useful in your endeavor to show others how scummy your guy is than your guys target flipping town? Do you get it now or do you not want to get it?

There were no downsides. If pen would've flipped scum.. fucking great, whether d3x was bussing or I was wrong about him all along. It's a win.
But pen flipped town and everyone who is still townreading d3x needs to get his head examined. Veteran players don't usually deathtunnel townies, especially claimed PR ones, unless they suck balls at this game, in which case they're a menace even as town. That's the fucking elephant in the room right now.

In post 773, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 766, FakedBlogger wrote:Do you get it now or do you not want to get it?

There were no downsides. If pen would've flipped scum.. fucking great, whether d3x was bussing or I was wrong about him all along. It's a win.
But pen flipped town and everyone who is still townreading d3x needs to get his head examined. Veteran players don't usually deathtunnel townies, especially claimed PR ones, unless they suck balls at this game, in which case they're a menace even as town. That's the fucking elephant in the room right now.

@NJ: I get it what you're saying. I even explained it as much. You think, 100% (70+30) that one of d3x or killa was/is scum both yesterday and today. What I was trying to get through to you is there is no way for you to know that. Pardon me if I don't take your word for it that d3x must be scum and I instead take my loooooooong history with him into account to get a read on him. I'm telling you now that there is very VERY little chance that d3x is scum. I've already explained why, now go back and read it.

@DGB: If RM flips scum, you're off the hook.

Ika is 100% town if RM flips scum. If RM is scum and was buddies with ika, he'd know that Alternate Account was replaced BY ika. As it stands, he's just trying to lynch people with larger wagons (DGB) or others with votes/wagons (ika). Scum don't often fully read games (I know I don't) and all they care about is lynching not scum. This is what I see RM doing. Wagon up bitches.

By the by, if you wanna see what a scum answer to a town question looks like, it looks like this:
In post 765, Randomnamechange wrote:I feel like this is a trick question. I'll take the money.

aww I wanted to see how long it would take him to realize that alt is ika now.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:03 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 770, FakedBlogger wrote:@Garmr You're going to have to come up with concrete arguments to justify calling mine inadequate, your opinion doesn't mean much.

Also one shouldn't promote the calling of people VI, it's anti-town. And in this case it confirms you being butthurt, in the sense that you're unable to remain objective, as I doubt you would've
lol
-ed about that if I hadn't been criticizing the quality of your posts.

On a ingame level
You don't get it do you. You are the one with no valid points your case on dex is poor. You can tell becuase People are judging whether your a village idiot or your scum. I personally don't think your that dumb and just taking advantage of the situation. You also divert questions to different subjects if you can't answer them and try to make the person look bad which just ends up making it worse for you.

On the personal level
You love dishing out insults to people but your the one who gets defensive and whinges over things that are trivial. You act like I'm attacking you just because you think i got offended by you insulting my play Tbh I couldn't care less I heard worse and mud slinging is considered a scum tell when you can't defend yourself. This next bit is vital for your town or scum games it's learning how to take criticism and listening to other people. When you get critiqued you take it personally and attack the other person instead of trying to discuss it rationally. You'll be a failure if it continues and probably be ignored in future games if you don't admit to being wrong sometimes.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 760, I Am Innocent wrote:And with that, I'll join that wagon.

vote PeaceBringer

So you haven't posted in a week and your "catchup" is letting mod know that he missed a vote and bandwagoning said vote. Yea, I'm pretty comfortable with my scumread on your slot.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:19 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 775, FakedBlogger wrote:I know Kthx, meta. Can you guess the sole function of meta? Fuck it I'll tell you. It's to initiate discussion. That's it. Never was more to it. Never.

This is just a silly thing to say.
It's like saying that on days my wife doesn't work, she makes dinner and on days she does work, she picks up fast food. If meta didn't matter, I'd wonder every day whether I'm going to eat healthy food or fast food and should never take years worth of history into account to try and figure it out.

Another example would be if my wife always nibbles my ear while watching tv before we get it on that night and when she doesnt do that, I'm not getting any. If I don't take here meta into account, I'd always be wondering why she's all up in my ear.

Meta matters because unless someone dilibertly tries (and often slips up and fails) to consciously play against thier meta, they play similar ways when in similar roles.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:20 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 720, YuniChikako wrote:Where did that come from? Seriously, here you are trying to look towny, responding to quoted things and asking questions, and then you vote someone who you didn't mention much at all.

you should read his ISO. I did talk about him in the hood last night though. TBH, players like him with a minimal playstyle just seem so scummy to me. And keeping him and IKA around don't seem very good for the town. The ONE thing I like from him is his read on AA. Unless Ren is starting a new account to start a new meta (possible) this looks more like scum him than town him.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 778, Nero Cain wrote:

vote PeaceBringer

So you haven't posted in a week and your "catchup" is letting mod know that he missed a vote and bandwagoning said vote. Yea, I'm pretty comfortable with my scumread on your slot.

I approve ^this message.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

Garmr's slipping down even further into my scumreads. I agree that NakedJogger's case on d3x is lacking, but I do like his deconstruction of Garmr's case on him much better, and is really just mudslinging and little else.
FoS: Garmr
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:52 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 778, Nero Cain wrote:

vote PeaceBringer

you've just articulated why iai is moving back up my scum list.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:54 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I could vote PB.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

With scumIAI on it? The hell is wrong with you?

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:58 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 782, StrangerCoug wrote:Garmr's slipping down even further into my scumreads. I agree that NakedJogger's case on d3x is lacking, but I do like his deconstruction of Garmr's case on him much better, and is really just mudslinging and little else.

So your willing to ignore a mud sling from naked jogger yet your willing to point out mine. Double standards?
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:03 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 786, Garmr wrote:
In post 782, StrangerCoug wrote:Garmr's slipping down even further into my scumreads. I agree that NakedJogger's case on d3x is lacking, but I do like his deconstruction of Garmr's case on him much better, and is really just mudslinging and little else.

So your willing to ignore a mud sling from naked jogger yet your willing to point out mine. Double standards?

maybe he is protecting his team mate?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:12 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Nero, Kthx, Dragon, know what's funny, you don't even look at why SC or I am voting PeaceBringer.

Do you know he has 4 votes D1, 3 of which are for the two dead townies?

He defended Nero by attacking me for asking for general reads on all the players. Most likely protecting a scummate, and the scum in the Neighborhood.

Then he posts today, ONE POST AFTER GETTING A VOTE, and doesn't vote himself. Lurking, and still hasn't voted (aka taking stances).

But you three come after me because I'm posting FROM WORK (look at the time and where I live), ON MY CELL, WHICH I HATE DOING, a correction to the mod and getting my vote out there (yeah, I update my vote analysis on my work computer since I have excel on that).

So go screw yourselves.

95% likelihood of at least one scum in {Nero, Peacebringer}

The fact that the majority of the players continuing ignoring/defending these players makes me only feel better about these 2 scumreads I have.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:13 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 785, Nero Cain wrote:With scumIAI on it? The hell is wrong with you?

Hello scum. How about that reads list?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Wagons today so far suck guys. More PB, or Nero votes would be great.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:16 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 787, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 786, Garmr wrote:

maybe he is protecting his team mate?

Maybe he is town?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:17 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

are you never home or something? why do you need to post from work and on cell? only time I do that is when I want to. Its a forum game, you're not in immediate danger, so why do you feel the need to post from mediums you don't enjoy posting from?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:18 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

also IAI, have you read the WHY of the RM wagon?
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 790, I Am Innocent wrote:Wagons today so far suck guys. More PB, or Nero votes would be great.

We are not lynching Nero Cain and I will do everything within my power to protect that from happening.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 792, Kthxbye wrote:are you never home or something? why do you need to post from work and on cell? only time I do that is when I want to. Its a forum game, you're not in immediate danger, so why do you feel the need to post from mediums you don't enjoy posting from?

I work, have 4 kids, and am very involved in my church. Yeah so a little busy. I try to follow on my phone, but get overwhelmed when I fall multiple pages behind. Easiest time for me to post on my home computer is at night after the kids go down.

Today at work I updated the votes for D2. Then I compared with the mod and saw he missed one. Ales looked to see who hadn't voted D2 and PeaceBringer stood out. Looked at his vote history for D1 and it seemed as good a place to stick my vote outside of maybe Nero. So I voted. Figured I'd see how others react or don't react to it, and try to post after the kids went down.

Then scum Nero ticked me off, so I left 3 kids alone downstairs (wife is out with the 4th), and shot off a few posts.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:32 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 794, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 790, I Am Innocent wrote:Wagons today so far suck guys. More PB, or Nero votes would be great.

We are not lynching Nero Cain and I will do everything within my power to protect that from happening.

Don't understand this the slots null done little to nothing this whole game and your willing to be like "this slots town I'm going to defend it with all my might." Why what jumps out as instanly town?

Also don't say say post 716 because that's a piss weak excuse to town read someone. He asked you not to be lazy and ask for summaries and that makes him town pllleeeeaassee?
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:33 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

In post 793, Kthxbye wrote:also IAI, have you read the WHY of the RM wagon?

Because he didn't realize ika replaced AA?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Wasn't it d3x who called out RM for voting like 6 different players D1? Is that what scum usually do, move their votes around that much? Not from my experience. I still lean town on that slot.
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:47 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 797, I Am Innocent wrote:
In post 793, Kthxbye wrote:also IAI, have you read the WHY of the RM wagon?

Because he didn't realize ika replaced AA?

a bit more than that. The fact that he isn't paying attention to the game is just one issue we have had with him.

I'll take a look at your argument for peace

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”