Mini 1642: The Burning (GAME OVER FLAMES HAVE ENGULFED TOWN)

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:19 am

Post by acryon »

In post 174, acryon wrote:
In post 172, Elbirn wrote:Hm. A question for you Acryon, why do you townread Boon? You give some reasoning in , but it feels thin. You say he plays like he did in his other games with you. How can you determine that when he hasn't provided enough content to analyze his playstyle? 11 posts with barely any content each, and prod dodging? Even less posts made at the time you made the above post. That doesn't seem to be enough to be indicative of playstyle nor towniness.

It's not that I'm townreading him as much as I'm not scumreading him. His play this game feels exactly the same as his play in the other two games I've played with him where he was town. He hasn't done anything that seems scummy to me, and anything that he has done that seems at all weird seems very Boon to me.

I just realized I worded this weird, because I am townreading him, but it isn't extremely strong. More like "for today, I have no interest in pursuing him unless he does something really bad out of nowhere." Because as of now, he seems like his normal town. It's a lean-town, and I also don't think he's a person worth pursuing D1.
Last edited by Flames682 on Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:44 am

Post by Elbirn »

I still don't see how he qualifies for a "Town-read", which to my understanding means "I believe this person is town", nor do I see how he qualifies for a "Town-lean", which to my understanding means "This person might possibly be town". What I WILL accept is your statement that he's not a person worth pursuing at this stage, because from my perspective he has done nothing alignment indicative either way so far, and we have better things to do than pursue nullreads. I'd like if we get pressure him into being a more active participant so we can get a read on him however, his lurkiness isn't helpful to anyone.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:46 am

Post by copper223 »

@Elbirn
The lurking accusation is unfounded.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:49 am

Post by acryon »

In post 176, Elbirn wrote:I still don't see how he qualifies for a "Town-read", which to my understanding means "I believe this person is town", nor do I see how he qualifies for a "Town-lean", which to my understanding means "This person might possibly be town". What I WILL accept is your statement that he's not a person worth pursuing at this stage, because from my perspective he has done nothing alignment indicative either way so far, and we have better things to do than pursue nullreads. I'd like if we get pressure him into being a more active participant so we can get a read on him however, his lurkiness isn't helpful to anyone.

But what he
has
done and said this game feels enough like it did in the other games with him that he gets that town-lean. I certainly agree that little posting isn't helpful to anyone, but he sort of plays how he wants.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:54 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 177, copper223 wrote:@Elbirn

The only person who's contributed less content to this game is SiX. We're only on the 3rd day of D1, so it's not something to be overly concerned with, but the fact of the matter is he is largely absent from this game.
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:05 am

Post by SiX »

In post 179, Elbirn wrote:
In post 177, copper223 wrote:@Elbirn

The only person who's contributed less content to this game is SiX. We're only on the 3rd day of D1, so it's not something to be overly concerned with, but the fact of the matter is he is largely absent from this game.

I possess the eye of providence, whether I'm here in person or not is of little importance.
Seriously though, I've read through a few pages. But I'm still at loss with the big picture and would therefore be glad if anyone could provide me the big picture since most of the posts seems to be unconstructive and just a pain scrolling through.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:06 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 172, Elbirn wrote:
& is an important point in his (VDA's) argument with Copper that I feel is either misrepresented or disregarded; yes, we get it Copper, Radiantbells is the IC. What did you townread her (him? female avatar going with her until corrected) for? If you completely missed the post stating that she was IC, then you must have read in to some other posts of hers and made a determination that she was town. If you can't tell us what those posts were, then you're just townreading someone without reason, and that might be buddying, or it might be pretending to have reads when you don't, and when you think about it, it sounds like crap. Coppers argument that "I wouldn't do X as scum because I'm 2legit2quit" is also bullshit. If you really are good, you'll make scumplays that no one with knowledge of your meta would expect. That's how WIFOM works.

Any thoughts, Cooper?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:11 am

Post by acryon »

In post 180, SiX wrote:
I possess the eye of providence, whether I'm here in person or not is of little importance.
Seriously though, I've read through a few pages. But I'm still at loss with the big picture and would therefore be glad if anyone could provide me the big picture since
most of the posts seems to be unconstructive and just a pain scrolling through

:neutral: Says the guy that's said nothing. Read through it and come up with your own conclusions. It's a whopping 8 pages; I think you can handle it.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:26 am

Post by copper223 »

@Elbirn
In post 181, Elbirn wrote:Any thoughts, Cooper?

I think you are likely buddies, you just switched from a tvt to a tvs on us and used arguments that were already present in the thread when you made your first read, care to justify why you changed your mind? Possibly because the association now is already there after I mentioend it.

I already said why I was leaning town on Radiant at the time, her vote on Victor out of RVS made a lot of sense to me because I also saw that as possibly scum indicative, particularly because I just finished a game with House as a scumbuddy and he often used this kind of absolute reads to justify himself.

Why are you painting it as if I never said where I got my misterious read on Radiant, when nothing in my ISO supports that?
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:37 am

Post by copper223 »

@Acryon
I'm also not a fan of your play this game, why are you hedging so much on your opinions?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:43 am

Post by acryon »

In post 184, copper223 wrote:@Acryon
I'm also not a fan of your play this game, why are you hedging so much on your opinions?

I don't think I am, outside of being a little easier on Boon today.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:44 am

Post by acryon »

He hasn't done anything scummy. I lynched him the past two games I played with him when he was town. I don't see why I
would
be more critical of him.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:09 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 183, copper223 wrote:@Elbirn
In post 181, Elbirn wrote:Any thoughts, Cooper?

I think you are likely buddies, you just switched from a tvt to a tvs on us and used arguments that were already present in the thread when you made your first read, care to justify why you changed your mind? Possibly because the association now is already there after I mentioend it.

I already said why I was leaning town on Radiant at the time, her vote on Victor out of RVS made a lot of sense to me because I also saw that as possibly scum indicative, particularly because I just finished a game with House as a scumbuddy and he often used this kind of absolute reads to justify himself.

Why are you painting it as if I never said where I got my misterious read on Radiant, when nothing in my ISO supports that?

Glossing over the thread the first time around, the arguments between you and VDA looked like pointless rabblerousing noise that I ignored at the time. And for the most part it was, seeing as a lot of your side of that argument was crap and misrepping what Victor said. When prompted to read in depth, I saw some things I didn't like.

I don't see how that's a good reason to townread. Just because you agree with someone on a point doesn't mean someone they are town, and I don't see how ONE post is enough to suffice for a townread.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:17 am

Post by copper223 »

@Elbirn
I am not buying any of that, if you can kindly tell me who the third is?

@All
For the players that did not roll mafia, I said she was the most town out of RVS, not that I had a really strong townread. Seeing someone making the first good case in the game, thus scumhunting
and
on someone I believe was worth investigating, is a perfectly valid way to get a townread because the player in question is demonstrating, to the best of my knowledge, that she is playing according to town's win condition.
Elbirn
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Elbirn
Content Aficionado
Content Aficionado

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:34 am

Post by Elbirn »

In post 188, copper223 wrote:@Elbirn
I am not buying any of that, if you can kindly tell me who the third is?

The third what? Did I not answer all of your questions?
SiX
SiX
Goon
SiX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:40 am

Post by SiX »

In post 182, acryon wrote:
In post 180, SiX wrote:
Seriously though, I've read through a few pages. But I'm still at loss with the big picture and would therefore be glad if anyone could provide me the big picture since
most of the posts seems to be unconstructive and just a pain scrolling through

:neutral: Says the guy that's said nothing. Read through it and come up with your own conclusions. It's a whopping 8 pages; I think you can handle it.

I've read through it twice, but I do not pick up anything constructive. Is it because I'm tired and thus failing to pick up the details or is it because there's nothing of importance being said? Perhaps both but mainly the former. Cooper (?) seems to have missed who the innocent child was, but then again that happened to me aswell so I can't say it's necessairly suspicious. Anyhow from now on I'll be more "in the here and now" since my timetable shouldn't be as full.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:08 am

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 188, copper223 wrote:@Elbirn
@All
For the players that did not roll mafia,
I said she was the most town out of RVS, not that I had a really strong townread. Seeing someone making the first good case in the game,
thus scumhunting
and
on someone I believe was worth investigating, is a perfectly valid way to get a townread because the player in question is demonstrating, to the best of my knowledge, that she is playing according to town's win condition.

Oh I see, it's meant to be a joke isn't it. Because everyone suspecting you must have got a scum PM. Oh how witty you are. :roll:

What this:

In post 23, RadiantCowbells wrote:VOTE: VictorDeAngelo

Only a sith and/or mafioso deals in absolutes.

I didn't realise this sort of post counted as a good case.

You know what, for the sake of argument, let's assume for a minute that Coop really did miss the whole IC announcement (I know it seems silly but bear with me). How exactly is placing a vote in rvs now considered worthy of mention, let alone your sole (lean?) townread. I mean voting is all well and good but people, look through the first tow pages. Is Radiant the only person scumhunting? Compare her two posts to Acyron or Former or Boonskiis at the start and tell why she merited singling out for scumhunting?

"the player in question is demonstrating, to the best of my knowledge, that she is playing according to town's win condition." When you see something this awkwardly worded it comes from scum way more than town.

In post 190, SiX wrote:
In post 182, acryon wrote:

I've read through it twice, but I do not pick up anything constructive. Is it because I'm tired and thus failing to pick up the details or is it because there's nothing of importance being said? Perhaps both but mainly the former. Cooper (?) seems to have missed who the innocent child was, but then again that happened to me aswell so I can't say it's necessairly suspicious. Anyhow from now on I'll be more "in the here and now" since my timetable shouldn't be as full.

Plenty of important stuff has been said, and if you've read through the game a couple of times I don't see how you couldn't come up with more than this. :igmeou:
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:42 am

Post by Flames682 »

Votecount 1.06

Toon Fighter - 2 (eektor, Futan)

MonkeyMan576 - 2 (Formerfish, Elbirn)

copper223 - 2 (Boonskiies, VictorDeAngelo)
VictorDeAngelo - 2 (Toon Fighter, copper223)
Formerfish - 1 (MonkeyMan576)
Futan - 1 (RadiantCowbells)

Not Voting - 3 (Cheetory6, SiX, acryon)

With
alive, it's
to lynch.

Day One's deadline is Monday, February 2, @ 12:11 PM PST, which is in (expired on 2015-02-02 12:11:00).
Last edited by Flames682 on Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stop using gut as a reason to state someone is scum. Now.

If you want my meta click my wiki for a list of all my games. Warning: my meta changes.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:49 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I'm not outing the rationale for my reads until it's lyncheroonie time. I want to interfere as little as possible with the natural progression of the game so I can get an outsider's perspective.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:53 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Like, why would you want me to explain what I see scummy in someone's play and in doing so allow for them to correct it?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:54 am

Post by acryon »

In post 194, RadiantCowbells wrote:Like, why would you want me to explain what I see scummy in someone's play and in doing so allow for them to correct it?

I see what you're saying here, but at the same time it may be harder for people to get on board if they don't see what you see.
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:04 pm

Post by Flames682 »

MonkeyMan576 has been prodded.

If you want my meta click my wiki for a list of all my games. Warning: my meta changes.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:07 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I like my vote were it is.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:44 pm

Post by copper223 »

@Victor
Again with the misreps, Radiant is not the only player I said was leaning town on, mainly the first and the one that stood out the most out of RVS. Yes the fact he suspects me is clearly why I called Elbirn likely scum... the only joke is you are still around to talk.
Flames682
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Flames682
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:15 pm

Post by Flames682 »

Oh hi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”