NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:48 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

idc about this game and im not replacing out thats what everyones getting away with nowadays right? fun suckers.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

In post 800, Albert B. Rampage wrote:idc about this game and im not replacing out thats what everyones getting away with nowadays right? fun suckers.

so why are you trying to draw a lynch?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:51 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 795, I Am Innocent wrote:Then scum Nero ticked me off, so I left 3 kids alone downstairs

I ticked you off so bad that you left 3 kids alone? Well there any chance of winning parent of the year award.

but SRS...I don't think there was ANY reason to be upset over what I said.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:54 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

U've been tunneling me the whole game. Then the 'you haven't posted in a week crap' which is just mudslinging since there was this thing called a night phase mixed in there.

I really can't see ur slot as town.

Ps my oldest is almost 12...she can handle it ;)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 788, I Am Innocent wrote:Do you know he has 4 votes D1, 3 of which are for the two dead townies?

its also super hilarious in a cong dis kinda way that he's arguing that PB is scum for having 4 votes (2 on dead town) but is aslo arguing that RM and his 6 votes is town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

You guys are tunneling each other big time.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 803, I Am Innocent wrote:Then the 'you haven't posted in a week crap' which is just mudslinging

Its not the words but the point that's being expressed. Your catchup was extremely lacking. Yes, perhaps saying "you haven't posted in a week" is somewhat incorrect but still, no reason to get mad about that. Makes you sound caught for the wrong reasons.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

IAI is town.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 805, dragonspawn wrote:You guys are tunneling each other big time.

I think my case is solid.

I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:07 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

3 players, 2 of which are town vs 6 players, 1 of which is town

Yeah a bit different
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by I Am Innocent »

Plus I like how u ignore both my points about D2, his lack of voting and immediately posting after SC votes him.

Your case on me is built around lurking, so why does PB get a pass?
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5

Ongoing
None
dragonspawn
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
dragonspawn
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:35 pm

Post by dragonspawn »

I think pb does need further exploration but unlike my vote right now
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 809, I Am Innocent wrote:3 players, 2 of which are town vs
5 players, 2 of which is town

Yeah a bit different

bolded is my fix and prob a 3rd since I kinda like SC as town. Still, I don't see a big difference and "he voted for town!" isn't and never will be a reliable scumtell.

In post 810, I Am Innocent wrote:Your case on me is built around lurking, so why does PB get a pass?

This is mostly 'cause I know that lurking and sheeping cases is a scumtell for you. I also have a kinda meta town read on PB since I know that lurking and being shit with his vote is not a scumtell for him. I'll go look just to make sure that I'm not misremembering but I think that I've called him on the same shit and he flipped town. Now perhaps he plays the same terrible way regardless of alignment. *shrugz* I DID play with scum him as SKOT in X-men though but he doesn't seem the same to me here.

You can try to flip it however you want but my poin is valid, your d2 catchup was extremely lacking. Its somewhat hard to believe that the only 2 things you found worth posting about were telling the mod he missed a vote and pbing peace without reasoning (though you did explain your vote later)

Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:37 pm

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 764, Kthxbye wrote:@Flubber: What is your read of RM?

Null. Will compromise a lynch on him if need be.

Dgb wagon isn't on null though. It's on scum. Just sayin'
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:39 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 813, Flubbernugget wrote:

Well, if this is the case, I'm not sure I understand why you're ok with compromising on the guy voting DGB with the reasoning of
In post 745, Randomnamechange wrote:I am scumreading DGB because they were spewing out reads without showing any scumreading and scumreading like a third of the player list.

Mayhaps you could explain that?
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:39 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

We're not going to win this, and I'm telling you now, because I constantly end up on the losing team.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:04 pm

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 763, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 756, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 751, d3x wrote:So... you'd consider ika a compromise Lynch to AA?

No, I want to lynch dgb

In post 750, Randomnamechange wrote:Alternate account is just pinging me.
I would consider ika a compromise lynch if we can't decide.
People are voting me without posting reasons :(

@RM: Okay, confirm if I've got his right. You want to lynch DGB because
In post 745, Randomnamechange wrote:I am scumreading DGB because they were spewing out reads without showing any scumreading and scumreading like a third of the player list.

You think Alternate Account is scum because
In post 750, Randomnamechange wrote:Alternate account is just pinging me.

And you'd be okay with an ika lynch for compromise if you can't get DGB or Alternate Account lynched?

In post 773, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 766, FakedBlogger wrote:Do you get it now or do you not want to get it?

There were no downsides. If pen would've flipped scum.. fucking great, whether d3x was bussing or I was wrong about him all along. It's a win.
But pen flipped town and everyone who is still townreading d3x needs to get his head examined. Veteran players don't usually deathtunnel townies, especially claimed PR ones, unless they suck balls at this game, in which case they're a menace even as town. That's the fucking elephant in the room right now.

@NJ: I get it what you're saying. I even explained it as much. You think, 100% (70+30) that one of d3x or killa was/is scum both yesterday and today. What I was trying to get through to you is there is no way for you to know that. Pardon me if I don't take your word for it that d3x must be scum and I instead take my loooooooong history with him into account to get a read on him. I'm telling you now that there is very VERY little chance that d3x is scum. I've already explained why, now go back and read it.

@DGB: If RM flips scum, you're off the hook.

Ika is 100% town if RM flips scum. If RM is scum and was buddies with ika, he'd know that Alternate Account was replaced BY ika. As it stands, he's just trying to lynch people with larger wagons (DGB) or others with votes/wagons (ika). Scum don't often fully read games (I know I don't) and all they care about is lynching not scum. This is what I see RM doing. Wagon up bitches.

By the by, if you wanna see what a scum answer to a town question looks like, it looks like this:
In post 765, Randomnamechange wrote:I feel like this is a trick question. I'll take the money.

Do you really think I would be this scummy as scum? I would be a lot more focused.
In post 788, I Am Innocent wrote:Nero, Kthx, Dragon, know what's funny, you don't even look at why SC or I am voting PeaceBringer.

Do you know he has 4 votes D1, 3 of which are for the two dead townies?

He defended Nero by attacking me for asking for general reads on all the players. Most likely protecting a scummate, and the scum in the Neighborhood.

Then he posts today, ONE POST AFTER GETTING A VOTE, and doesn't vote himself. Lurking, and still hasn't voted (aka taking stances).

But you three come after me because I'm posting FROM WORK (look at the time and where I live), ON MY CELL, WHICH I HATE DOING, a correction to the mod and getting my vote out there (yeah, I update my vote analysis on my work computer since I have excel on that).

So go screw yourselves.

95% likelihood of at least one scum in {Nero, Peacebringer}

The fact that the majority of the players continuing ignoring/defending these players makes me only feel better about these 2 scumreads I have.

I think you are onto something here, especially qith nero's defence since.
Nero is joining my scumreads and pssibly peacebringer.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:29 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

V/LA until Sunday.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
The Dream Weaver
The Dream Weaver
Goon
The Dream Weaver
Goon
Goon

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:42 pm

Post by The Dream Weaver »

VoteCount 2.4

Albert B. Rampage (0):

d3x (1):
NakedJogger
dragonspawn (0):

Dripping Goofball (4):
randomidget, Kid A, TheDudeAbides, Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget(0):

Garmr (0):

I Am Innocent (0):

Ika (2):
Nero Cain, Dripping Goofball
Kid A (1):
Albert B. Rampage
Kthxbye (0):

NakedJogger (0):

Nero Cain (0):

Peacebringer (2):
StrangerCoug, I Am Innocent
randomidget (4):
dragonspawn, Kthxbye, d3x, Garmr
StrangerCoug (0):

TheDudeAbides (0):

YuniChikako (0):

Not Voting
- Ika, Peacebringer, YuniChikako

With 17 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2015-02-03 10:00:00).

In post 759, I Am Innocent wrote:
@mod, I think you missed this vote

In post 687, Nero Cain wrote:Who do think is scum and why?

I haven't been liking TheDudeAbides myself. I think his cases on Dragon Spawn and Garmr are fundamentally weak. Garmr himself can go either way quite easily but I really don't think he's scum with TDA. Peacebringer seems to have gotten aboard the killapenwin wagon too easily in and never provided an adequate reason for voting him. (In fact, I'll VOTE: PeaceBringer while I'm talking about this.)

In post 1, The Dream Weaver wrote:1.
Votes must be at the beginning of a new line AND bolded.
Both voting formats of VOTE: Player Name and
Vote: Player Name
are acceptable. Abbreviations, missing punctuation, and misspellings will be accepted as long as it is obvious who is being voted for. If I perceive it as a vote, then it's a vote.

For the sake of not letting the game stagnate, I will do my best to keep track of your votes. However, I'm not taking responsibility for votes that I miss that aren't in line with Rule 1 of the voting section. Past VC's have been fixed to reflect his vote.

TheDudeAbides narrowly avoids his prod. He's on V/LA until Sunday.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 816, Randomnamechange wrote:Do you really think I would be this scummy as scum? I would be a lot more focused.

Do I think you are scum because everything (^case in point) you post is scummy.....uh....yeah....that's kinda how you find scum.

Let me pose a question back to you. Do you really think we should believe you would be this scummy as town?

In post 816, Randomnamechange wrote:I think you are onto something here, especially qith nero's defence since.
Nero is joining my scumreads and pssibly peacebringer.

No way. Totes didn't see that coming....

/end sarcasm
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:23 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 814, Kthxbye wrote:
In post 813, Flubbernugget wrote:

Well, if this is the case, I'm not sure I understand why you're ok with compromising on the guy voting DGB with the reasoning of

Mayhaps you could explain that?

I'm voting dgb for my reasons, not his.

That read is low hanging fruit but it's not inconsistent or a straw grasp.
FakedBlogger
FakedBlogger
Goon
FakedBlogger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:52 am

Post by FakedBlogger »

Spoiler: @Kthx
In post 779, Kthxbye wrote:Meta matters because unless someone dilibertly tries (and often slips up and fails) to consciously play against thier meta, they play similar ways when in similar roles.

By generating discussion based on meta you can unveil stereotypical gameplay elements that players are more prone to be inclined towards depending on alignment yes. But you're saying you can just read day1 of a game, find technical similarities with past games from memory and judge a player's alignment by it and that's false and this game would be shit if it were true.

If your wife would be scum she would buy you fast food even if she wasn't working.

Spoiler: @Garmr
In post 777, Garmr wrote:You also divert questions to different subjects if you can't answer them and try to make the person look bad which just ends up making it worse for you.

You do that all by yourself, because you're lying and lying and lying some more you just can't stop. How is explaining what you called omgussy reaction from my point of view and generally disarming omgus as a valid argument a change in subject? There's no point in talking to you any further, it would just be more lies. And don't dare condescending me with your retarded advice you thread spamming, trolling, PR killer.
What does you asking what something that doesn't have anything to do with scumhunting has to do with scumhunting have to do with scumhunting?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:33 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 796, Garmr wrote:Don't understand this the slots null done little to nothing this whole game and your willing to be like "this slots town I'm going to defend it with all my might." Why what jumps out as instanly town?

Bing bong bing-bong-bing, dl-dl-ding-ding *click* *click* *click-click*, bing bong bing-bong-bing, dl-dl-ding-ding *click* *click*
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Garmr »

In post 821, FakedBlogger wrote:You do that all by yourself, because you're lying and lying and lying some more you just can't stop. How is explaining what you called omgussy reaction from my point of view and generally disarming omgus as a valid argument a change in subject? There's no point in talking to you any further, it would just be more lies. And don't dare condescending me with your retarded advice you thread spamming, trolling, PR killer.

God it's just a game.

one numerous town have faked day kills like that and I even done it as town, I don't spam ,there may be little bit of trolling but that's for laughs and it harmless it happens in every one of my games, You lynched the power role as well.

two stop trying to make it personal I can already tell you have thin skin and you'll easily get insulted. Even through I would love to argue with you out of game, I don't want to get get banned
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:48 am

Post by d3x »

Time to look at D1. Maybe there's something that will help crack our Lynch for Today. Note- this builds directly off of Kthx's p.

DudeWagon at it's pinnacle...
In post 477, The Dream Weaver wrote:Albert B. Rampage (0):
AlternateAccount (0):
d3x (0):
dragonspawn (1): TheDudeAbides
Drake Crusader (0):
Dripping Goofball (1): randomidget
evilpacman18 (0):
firebound12 (1): Dripping Goofball
Flubbernugget(2): I Am Innocent, Peacebringer
Garmr (1):
killapenwin

I Am Innocent (1): Nero Cain
Kid A (0):
killapenwin
(2): d3x, NakedJogger
NakedJogger (0):
Nero Cain (0):
Peacebringer (0):
randomidget (0):
TheDudeAbides (7): Garmr, AlternateAccount, Kid A, Albert B. Rampage, Flubbernugget, dragonspawn, YuniChikako
YuniChikako (0):

Not Voting - Drake Crusader,
evilpacman18
, firebound12

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

penLynch...
In post 644, The Dream Weaver wrote:Albert B. Rampage (0):
d3x (0):
dragonspawn (1): TheDudeAbides
Dripping Goofball (1): Kid A
evilpacman18 (0):
firebound12 (1): I Am Innocent
Flubbernugget(0):
Garmr (0):
I Am Innocent (1): Nero Cain
Ika (0):
Kid A (0):
killapenwin
(LYNCH): d3x, NakedJogger, Garmr, dragonspawn, Albert B. Rampage, Peacebringer, Dripping Goofball, randomidget,
Killapenwin
, Ika
Kthxbye (0):
NakedJogger (0):
Nero Cain (0):
Peacebringer (0):
randomidget (0):
TheDudeAbides (2): Flubbernugget, YuniChikako
YuniChikako (0):

Not Voting - Kthxbye,
evilpacman18
, firebound12

Thoughts in no discernable order...

The penLynch was the immediate fallout from the DudeWagon. Frequent fliers are Garmr, dragon, ABR, and the Hammer from AA/ika, with an honorable mention going to Flub. That's a lot of carryover.

ika- Assuming Scum, he knows that he's about to lolHammer a PR. Hell, he races Flub's Intent to Hammer. I have a hard time believing that's a thing Scumika would do. Unless something drastic changes, ika is Town.

IAI's p feels out of place to me. In p he supports the Wagon and says that if DGB shifts, he'll follow. She does. He doesn't. At the time of 583, pen is L-2 and DGB has been on the Wagon for ~2 pages. He admits his Vote is useless and there's definitely room on the Wagon, but he tries to start a FlashMob on Nero. After the Claim, he lightly prods pen, but still doesn't really take a stance.

@Flub- In your assessment, when did this happen?
In post 628, Flubbernugget wrote:killa decided to scumclaim via ate
Also, your is a super strong reaction to 2 Votes on ika. Why?

Something feels off about Garmr.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”