shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:58 am

Post by shadyforce »

@CoolBot, I was referring to Leonidas' 1st sentence in his last post.

@Cadmium, good point. If he is a mafia and hides with a fellow member, than we will know for sure the identity of 2 mafia leaving only 1 left (probably). Also the more nights it goes on, the more mafia he will incriminate. We can also use a cop to identify either of the two people in question.

@Stewie, another good point. Can mlaker clarify what his role says?
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:11 am

Post by mlaker »

I was thinking I could use my ability to become an investigative role as well.I'm thinking of a few people I could hide with.

mlaker
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 10:28 am

Post by shadyforce »

Will you die if the person your hiding with is targeted for murder or actually murdered?
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:42 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Yes I believe he will be. I don't think that he dies just by hiding at a bad guys house. I'm not really sure. And would the doc protect both Stewie and mlaker if he were to choose Stewie? I would think so, but...

Be careful with that idea Shadyforce. If Stewie had a night kill immunity, then mlaker or however may die instead. Who knows- if that is true then we'd end up lynching an innocent with a good power.

I don't know about Cadmium's idea. If two baddies target Stewie then we could end up losing a good deal of people. Also, we don't know if there's a role that could do some other damage or one that may have some ability to kill Stewie anyway- regardless of doc protection.

I think, at this point, that it's not a good idea for everyone with that cowardly townie role to all choose Stewies house, or for all of them to go together to one house. It might be too dangerous.
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:09 pm

Post by Stewie »

Dragon Slayer wrote:
I think, at this point, that it's not a good idea for everyone with that cowardly townie role to all choose Stewies house, or for all of them to go together to one house. It might be too dangerous.
My main concern with everyone coming to my "party" is that if the doc and mafia target me, I won't die, but all the cowardly townies might.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 3:44 am

Post by mole »

Unvote: mlaker

I don't think that's ever occurred before... if I had written the role a doctor would turn up and save
all
people in the house from death.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 4:56 am

Post by mikehart »

i agree with mole but i still havent finished reading the thread so ill chime in again later
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 5:57 am

Post by Corsato »

I have some unexpected business tonight, so I'm unable to post a complete deadscene. Seeing the recent increase of posting, I will postpone the deadline until
tuesday 18:00
. Please note that this deadline will be final.

I'll try to post a vote tally.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 7:21 am

Post by Corsato »

Tried and succeeded ;).

The votes:

8 Shadyforce (Coolbot, Darkblade, DP, Electra, Fletcher, Jalyn, Leonidas2, Stewie)
4 Mlaker (Cadmium, Discer, Mathcam2, Nehi)
1 DP (Quailman)

Not voting: the rest
Stewie
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Stewie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:03 am

Post by Stewie »

mole wrote:
Unvote: mlaker

I don't think that's ever occurred before... if I had written the role a doctor would turn up and save
all
people in the house from death.
If that's right, everyone can come to my party, but you have to bring drinks
mlaker
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
mlaker
I'm just a stuffed dog!
I'm just a stuffed dog!

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:19 am

Post by mlaker »

I'm bringing nachos!
Vote Shadyforce

mlaker
discer
discer
Goon
discer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 12:10 pm

Post by discer »

unvote: Mlaker

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't buy into the Shadyforce bandwagon at this point.
"What I really need is a droid who understands the binary language of moisture vaporators."
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:55 pm

Post by Cadmium »

Like Discer, I don't want to vote for Shadyforce. He's giving his thoughts on things. Maybe not every idea seems logical, but he did make some good points. Remember that he came up with the idea to use mlaker as an investigator. Doesn't seem to scummy to me. I don't think the mafia would have proposed such an idea. So I think there might be some mafia on his bandwagon to get him lynched.

Looking at everyone on this bandwagon, Dragon Phoenix and Electra seem most suspicious to me. These are the only posts they've made so far:
Dragon Phoenix wrote:
OMGUS vote Quailman
Dragon Phoenix wrote:*what mole said*

unvote Quailman, vote mlaker
Dragon Phoenix wrote:For the same reasons as the posters before me:

unvote mlaker, vote Shadyforce
Electra wrote:Well, I shall perform the amazing act of
vote: mathcam-ing
. And I will perform the amazing action of THINKING in a few days.
Electra wrote:Wow, am I still voting for mathcam? :shock:
unvote:mathcam

vote:shady force, for gallons of crap logic
No input at all. Just hopping on bandwagons. I know this doesn't have to mean they're mafia, but it's the best thing I can come up with at this moment. Since I know that he usually plays like this, I'll just
FOS: DP
. But Electra is much more active in other games.

Unvote mlaker, vote Electra
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
Electra
Electra
Goon
Electra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Sep 07, 2003 11:54 pm

Post by Electra »

Cadmium wrote: No input at all. Just hopping on bandwagons. I know this doesn't have to mean they're mafia, but it's the best thing I can come up with at this moment. Since I know that he usually plays like this, I'll just
FOS: DP
. But Electra is much more active in other games.

Unvote mlaker, vote Electra
Nuh uh. :P Look at Rumours and Gamersville. I'm certainly not active there. ^^;; It's just that I really can't think of much to say.
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 1:40 am

Post by Quailman »

I think the Shadyforce bandwagon is misguided, perhaps with encouragement from the Mafia. And I am in another game where Electra is certainly more talkative, but it is due to her particular role. She's an outed cop who's found two baddies so far. Much less reason for her to talk here.
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 2:37 am

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

As Cadmium rightly pointed out, it's simply my style not to post much on Day 1 - certainly in games with as many players as we have here.

What I noted though is that Shadyforce apparently has already given up in this game, seeing that
he did not post here since 6 Sept, but did so in other threads. Usually scum is a little more persistant in attempts to defend themselves.

Therefore:

unvote Shadyforce
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:21 am

Post by mathcam »

I (still) agree that Shady is not that suspicious. I think our methods of playing are similar, though we happen to find different people suspicious. I still think mlaker is our best bet. And even if you're one of the people on the shadyforce bandwagon, remember that we're not lynching people for using bad logic. We're lynching people for being mafia. People can (and often do) use bad logic whether or not they're mafia, so there's certainly no direct link. Only be suspicious of shadyforce's bad logic (if you in fact think the logic is bad) if its bad logic that only a mafia would spout.

Cam
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:32 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Mlaker's claim I kinda buy. And his role could be made an cop-type-role-thingy.
What if the doc targets mlaker? Then mlaker lives and can tell us in what place he hid. Or does can't the doc protect mlaker if he is not in his own house?

FoS: Electra
, for hopping on bandwagons without giving some real reasons.

And BTW, where is JTman? I think it's replacement-time.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Leonidas
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Leonidas
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:42 am

Post by Leonidas »

No way the docs are targetting mlaker tonight.

First - his claim is extremely convenient.
Second - if he's telling the truth, then he does not need a doc's protection.
I think he'll still get killed if he chooses poorly, and - supposing the doc's protection
works
- he won't know a mafia when he sleeps with one.
[i]"Go tell the Spartans, thou who passest by, that here obedient to their laws we lie." [/i]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:57 am

Post by shadyforce »

Well, I'm almost afraid to post after what DP said :) but I really hate inactives/lurkers so here I am.

I haven't given up on the game, just I've helped the town in any way I can thus far. Just to say that although I'd like to avoid getting lynched, I'm not going to vote for mlaker since I think he's also innocent and could be very useful to the town.

I guess it's too late now though since the deadline is fast approaching and the rest are too quiet to take any action. Just to give the town something to work with tomorrow, my hunch is Leonidas.

vote: Leonidas
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:15 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Leonidas wrote:No way the docs are targetting mlaker tonight.

First - his claim is extremely convenient.
Second - if he's telling the truth, then he does not need a doc's protection.
I think he'll still get killed if he chooses poorly, and - supposing the doc's protection works - he won't know a mafia when he sleeps with one.
You're right, didn't thought about that. Well, mustn't mlaker tell us now before the deadline with who he is going to party tonight? In case he gets killed and the person where he hided doesn't, then that person is scum. But if mlaker gets killed and we don't know where he hid, then mlaker's role using as a cop is pointless.
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
Jalyn
Jalyn
Goon
Jalyn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 7:08 am

Post by Jalyn »

Ah, does anyone else see a problem with the idea of mlaker telling us his target?
a) mlaker is innocent, chooses an innocent to stay with. Mafia target and kill both of them. (BAD)
b) mlaker is innocent, chooses an innocent to stay with, Mafia target the innocent but he/she is doc protected and that only covers the original target. We then lynch the innocent because mlaker died in their house. (BAD)
c) mlaker is innocent and chooses to stay at an innocent's house, mafia targets innocent and doc protects and it covers both of them. - One less mafia kill - (GOOD)
d) mlaker is innocent and chooses to stay at an innocent's house and the mafia avoid the house. (INDIFFERENT)
e) mlaker is innocent and chooses to stay at a mafia's house. Mlaker automatically dies. We've found a mafia! (GOOD)
f) mlaker is innocent and chooses to stay at a mafia's house and they get a choice on whether to kill mlaker and choose not to. (INDIFFERENT)
g) mlaker is guilty (INDIFFERENT)

The indifferents assume that we don't automatically believe mlaker's information.

Anyway, I still see nothing better than shadyforce, so I'll leave my vote there.
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:24 am

Post by shadyforce »

mlaker could stay at my house and a doc protects me. If he does I suspect it will all work out fine :wink: .
Fletcher
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Fletcher
Eligible for a Title
Eligible for a Title

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:18 am

Post by Fletcher »

Kerplunk wrote:And BTW, where is JTman? I think it's replacement-time.
Corsato wrote:In other news, Mikehart just moved into the house of JTMan5. He will replace him from now.
Anyway,
unvote:shadyforce
for mathcam's reason and I won't vote anyone yet.
[size=75]"But you know what they say. 'Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing. But too much of an awesome thing is... umm... really, really dumb and bad.'"- Strong Bad[/size]
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:21 am

Post by shadyforce »

I think there is more discussion needed so could some people request an extension to the deadline?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”