NY 179: Cute and Fluffy Mafia (Town Win)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #925 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Oh.

You're a lurksack. So I said I was willing to vote you. I'm not even voting you. Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet over my stated willingness (not even intention) to put a THIRD vote on you? Aren't you more worried about StrangerCoug & I Am Innocent that are already voting you?

This is bizarre.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #926 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:30 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 925, DrippingGoofball wrote:Oh.

You're a lurksack. So I said I was willing to vote you. I'm not even voting you. Why do you have such a bee in your bonnet over my stated willingness (not even intention) to put a THIRD vote on you? Aren't you more worried about StrangerCoug & I Am Innocent that are already voting you?

This is bizarre.

when someone calls me clear town one day and then passively states "they could vote me" it draws my interest.
StrangeCoug is just an OMGUS to my suspecting/poking his direction. A very lazy OMGUS at that.
IAI has me raising my brow a bit. I have to do more sorting to see if it is typical reaction or scum driven reaction to me.
You on the other hand start off one way and based on some comments flop strangely and that is what caught my eye more...
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:32 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

It is particularly interesting in that IAI was in your list of suspects previously. Now, perhaps you are reaction fishing to see who bites, but your opposite play today has my attention. Since this is a normal game there should be nothing wonky going on.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:37 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 926, PeaceBringer wrote:StrangeCoug is just an OMGUS to my suspecting/poking his direction. A very lazy OMGUS at that.

Number one, you were not voting me at the time I voted you, so the OMGUS argument falls apart quite easily.

Number two, show where I care what
ANYONE
thinks about me, given that I feel I'm posting less often than typical in this game.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:49 am

In post 927, PeaceBringer wrote:It is particularly interesting in that IAI was in your list of suspects previously. Now, perhaps you are reaction fishing to see who bites, but your opposite play today has my attention. Since this is a normal game there should be nothing wonky going on.

I never worry about who is voting how.

It's hard enough to look at a player of unknown alignment, and to try to figure out that player's alignment.

To use a read on
player
XYZ
to judge one's read of
player
ABC
is a fool's errand. It is a proxy read, instead of an actual read.

I tried it in some games several years ago, and it the results were embarrassing. I don't read players by proxy anymore, and never will again.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:50 am

EBWOP

who is voting who

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:53 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 928, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 926, PeaceBringer wrote:StrangeCoug is just an OMGUS to my suspecting/poking his direction. A very lazy OMGUS at that.

Number one, you were not voting me at the time I voted you, so the OMGUS argument falls apart quite easily.

Number two, show where I care what
ANYONE
thinks about me, given that I feel I'm posting less often than typical in this game.

you only started pointing at me after I listed you as suspected and voted you. You have since engaged in OMGUS tunnel.
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:54 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 929, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 927, PeaceBringer wrote:It is particularly interesting in that IAI was in your list of suspects previously. Now, perhaps you are reaction fishing to see who bites, but your opposite play today has my attention. Since this is a normal game there should be nothing wonky going on.

I never worry about who is voting how.

It's hard enough to look at a player of unknown alignment, and to try to figure out that player's alignment.

To use a read on
player
XYZ
to judge one's read of
player
ABC
is a fool's errand. It is a proxy read, instead of an actual read.

I tried it in some games several years ago, and it the results were embarrassing. I don't read players by proxy anymore, and never will again.

that really has nothing to do with what I asked you about. You were very clear and pointed on day one. Day two you flipping opposite of day one. I don't get it or how that applies to your response.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:01 am

In post 931, PeaceBringer wrote:you only started pointing at me after I listed you as suspected and voted you. You have since engaged in OMGUS tunnel.

Where is the tunnel??????

YOU are tunneling! I said TWICE that I was WILLING to vote you, I didn't even make a case, that's what you call a TUNNEL?

I don't even know if I noticed you voting for me, I am modding a game and it's gobbling up a lot of my attention, everything else is a bit of a blur.

But just so you stop fretting for nothing, here is a real reason:

VOTE: PeaceBringer

Obsess over
that

PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:17 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

In post 933, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 931, PeaceBringer wrote:you only started pointing at me after I listed you as suspected and voted you. You have since engaged in OMGUS tunnel.

Where is the tunnel??????

YOU are tunneling! I said TWICE that I was WILLING to vote you, I didn't even make a case, that's what you call a TUNNEL?

I don't even know if I noticed you voting for me, I am modding a game and it's gobbling up a lot of my attention, everything else is a bit of a blur.

But just so you stop fretting for nothing, here is a real reason:

VOTE: PeaceBringerno that is not a tunnel, that is questioning. I haven't voted you, I wanted an explanation of your actions as they do not make sense. Am I a bit obsessed with it at the moment, yes, but not sure why you would react so strongly

Obsess over
that
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:17 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

quote owned-
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:24 am

LOL

HUGS

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 683, dragonspawn wrote:VOTE: randommidget

because he seemed to do yesterday is demand we rush a lynch on someone without actually caring who it was. Which of course avoids discussion and brings on the night phase.

Hey Dragon Spawn, when did you change your mind about me?

In post 687, Nero Cain wrote:IAI and TDA are pushing the fact that there HAS to be scum in the hood, do you think this is valid.

Well, I don't think there has to be scum in the hood, but you were scummy anyway. It's just that it happened in the hood.

In post 691, Kthxbye wrote:I'm pretty much ignoring those not voting or off the wagon yesterday as there are so many damn'ed people.

Scum avoid wagons on town, so this is silly.

In post 695, FakedBlogger wrote:Why aren't you voting me then?

I only get one vote.

In post 708, Kid A wrote:i think she changes her reads in an unnatural way

and you thought that maybe you'd get her lynched yesterday without informing anyone of that fact.

At this point, if DGB is scum, bets are kid's a buddy.

In post 710, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Vote: Kid A
[/quote
:)
In post 719, dragonspawn wrote:Why on earth should we policy lynch ika so early in the day simply because he likes hammering L1 and when we have scum suspicions? It's fairly easy at his point to keep ikas hammering tendencies from causing problems. Dont put anyone at L1 until we want them lynched.

id much rather scum hunt than policy lynch at this point. Besides a PL let's the scum do nothing and move close to winning. Unless ika is scum for some reason. Did anyone read alt who he replaced as scum?

can we pretty please lynch this

In post 739, Kid A wrote:
In post 734, d3x wrote:ok, Kthx is solid Town. Nothing will change that... ever.

@Kthx- Kid A and midget are really high up on my list. Them Voting DGB in tandem make me less worried about her than I previously was. I have Jogger as VI. I'd have him as mostly Town if not for a few finer points {hypocrisy over his pen Vote being a main one}. I feel like ika's lolHammer was largely alignment neutral. You'd expressed intent to Hammer, so what would be the Scum motivation of jumping in there and dropping it? That Wagon wasn't going anywhere.

@Mod
- This game being flavorless, would you post a different Killing type if there were multiple Killing factions?

Vote:Kid A

this is the mafia vote on my wagon btw

I was wrong, kid a is town.

In post 743, Kthxbye wrote:I still don't like those on DGB's wagon

why are you town reading dub?

I'm not interested i lynching Random Midget.

On an unrelated note, I'm not interested in reading the exchange between Garmr and NJ.

We could lynch Garmr, since I'm pretty sure he's doing all he can to make the game unreadable.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:40 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

that was up to 32.
Continuing.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:52 am

Post by Garmr »

^I can be read just not by anyone like you or strange cougar.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:55 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

In post 931, PeaceBringer wrote:you only started pointing at me after I listed you as suspected and voted you.

Explain how this is inherently bad.

In post 931, PeaceBringer wrote:You have since engaged in OMGUS tunnel.

Fail. Try again.

In post 939, Garmr wrote:^I can be read just not by anyone like you or strange cougar.

It's not exactly helping that this is only our second game together and I have limited information on how you play in general.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:01 am

Post by Garmr »

^Sorry I'm still a little bitter after last game. Even through I know rl stuff happens and it can't always be helped. I play town two ways safe (where I rarely get voted and usually end up being killed a night kill) or gambity I switch between styles.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:05 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

You're doing better here; I'll tell you that :P

TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:07 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 782, StrangerCoug wrote:Garmr's slipping down even further into my scumreads. I agree that NakedJogger's case on d3x is lacking, but I do like his deconstruction of Garmr's case on him much better, and is really just mudslinging and little else.
FoS: Garmr

:)

In post 785, Nero Cain wrote:With scumIAI on it? The hell is wrong with you?

um, her role pm.

In post 787, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 786, Garmr wrote:
In post 782, StrangerCoug wrote:Garmr's slipping down even further into my scumreads. I agree that NakedJogger's case on d3x is lacking, but I do like his deconstruction of Garmr's case on him much better, and is really just mudslinging and little else.
FoS: Garmr

So your willing to ignore a mud sling from naked jogger yet your willing to point out mine. Double standards?

maybe he is protecting his team mate?

Oh look, speculative accusations from Dragonspawn that StrangerCoug and NJ are scum together.
Hey Dragon, when did you start scum reading those slots?

In post 792, Kthxbye wrote:are you never home or something? why do you need to post from work and on cell? only time I do that is when I want to. Its a forum game, you're not in immediate danger, so why do you feel the need to post from mediums you don't enjoy posting from?

Will you say what you were thinking when you asked this?

In post 860, Flubbernugget wrote:I'm not reacting to where the votes are, I'm reacting to the fact that there's nothing okay in the case dgb presented and the fact that everyone is okay with it is really bad.

Flubber is still town, which is good to know.

In post 867, DrippingGoofball wrote:Would lynch PB even more now that he has posted rubbish.

I'll be surprised if PB is scum.

In post 898, dragonspawn wrote:
In post 896, StrangerCoug wrote:
In post 886, FakedBlogger wrote:Only scum are in a position to speak absolutely with regard to alignment.

This is not strictly correct. I can think of several town power roles that can "speak absolutely with regard to alignment". Additionally, some people (I'm one of them) will call someone town or scum in an apparently absolute manner when it means nothing more than strong certainty. You have a point that absolutes do not really work in Mafia but I would not assign any more meaning to dragonspawn calling Garmr town than his being convinced that he is.

this is obvious to anyone thinking about it. Which makes me wonder why NJ is jumping to conclusions.

look at this sad-sack weak attack.
-Thompson.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:08 am

Post by Garmr »

@Strangecougar

When I get attacked on my emotions (FF early game and the mollie argument because of strong beliefs) My game play tends to suffer.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:13 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

These people:
Albert B. Rampage
d3x
Kthxbye
StrangerCoug
Flubbernugget
NakedJogger
Kid A
PeaceBringer
randomidget

Need to lynch these people:

Ika
dragonspawn
DrippingGoofball
YuniChikako

Then we'll be in a good position.
-Thompson.
I Am Innocent
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
I Am Innocent
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:23 am

Post by I Am Innocent »

@mod, about to get hit with 2 feet of snow, and possible power outages. V/LA until Saturday
(longest I've been without power since I moved up here was 4 days)
Show
Town 21-21-1
Mafia 10-6

Replaced Out (Town) 1-5
Replaced Out (Mafia) 3-2 (incl hydra game with Nero where I flaked)

Ongoing
None
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:23 am

Post by Kid A »

TDA if you theoretically could kill anyone you wanted today who out of those people would you kill and why
Kid A
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Kid A
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:24 am

Post by Kid A »

and I mean 'why them over the other 3 people' not 'why do you think theyre scummy'
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:27 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

DGB because probably hardest to get lynched.
-Thompson.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”