Newbie 1568: Cleveland Mafia - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:22 am

Post by Netherspite »

@dodgy56

And if he flips town? Who's the most likely scum then in your opinion?

@Jackal711

Where you all see the "deadline in 1 day" stuff? It's in more than 3 days... Check the votecount post above...

Also, do you really expect things to be this easy? If he flips scum, look among those who said he's not; if he flips town, look among his wagon?
Like bussing and distancing is not a thing.

Your post feels like you put no thinking into it. Just skimmed through the thread and posted obvious things.
Now modding:
Netherspite's SORM Mafia III
(Day 2)
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:33 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 198, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 197, dodgy56 wrote:oh and if fake flips scum, id probably be looking at jake, brick or cosmic,

Based on what exactly?

based on the fact i dont think scum would be bussing at this point? so id look at people not on the lynch
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:35 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 200, Netherspite wrote:
@dodgy56

id have to look at those on the lynch. i would probably also do a re-read of you, because at times you seem overly confident he is town and that makes me wonder whether you know something i dont.
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:37 am

Post by Netherspite »

I'm not confident.
I just felt our 1v1 was TvT.
So my read on him is slightly leaning town. That's why I'm not going to vote him for D1.

Also, I'm wondering what puts me out of Jake, Brick and Cosmic list ("not voters list" you're going to consider as his partners if he'll flip scum).
Would you elaborate on this subject?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:39 am

Post by dodgy56 »

@dodgy56

@Jackal711

Where you all see the "deadline in 1 day" stuff? It's in more than 3 days... Check the votecount post above...

Also, do you really expect things to be this easy? If he flips scum, look among those who said he's not; if he flips town, look among his wagon?
Like bussing and distancing is not a thing.

Your post feels like you put no thinking into it. Just skimmed through the thread and posted obvious things.

i dont buy bussing as a viable d1 strategy in 2 man scum team, unless your buddy makes a horrible scum slip. especially in a newbie game. it would mean that person means they can beat 8 townies on their own.. yeah i dont buy it d1. if fake is scum his buddy is off lynch imo
dodgy56
dodgy56
Goon
dodgy56
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:40 am

Post by dodgy56 »

In post 203, Netherspite wrote:I'm not confident.
I just felt our 1v1 was TvT.
So my read on him is slightly leaning town. That's why I'm not going to vote him for D1.

Also, I'm wondering what puts me out of Jake, Brick and Cosmic list ("not voters list" you're going to consider as his partners if he'll flip scum).
Would you elaborate on this subject?

your interaction read as either tvt or tvs not svs,
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:42 am

Post by Netherspite »

There is always option his lynch won't happen.
And because of your opinion you'll never consider him buddied with any of his voters. Perfect distancing, ain't it ?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:04 am

Post by House »

Why isn't fakespeare swinging yet?
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
BRickAstley
BRickAstley
Townie
BRickAstley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:06 am

Post by BRickAstley »

Because the votecount post that says "deadline in 4 days" was made 3 days ago...
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Netherspite »

There is automatic countdown timer in votecount posts.
It is always showing actual data.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:07 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 201, dodgy56 wrote:
In post 198, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 197, dodgy56 wrote:oh and if fake flips scum, id probably be looking at jake, brick or cosmic,

Based on what exactly?

based on the fact i dont think scum would be bussing at this point? so id look at people not on the lynch

You realize being wrong =/= scum buddy right? And I've seen scum bus their partner day 1 before, sure its not optimal play but its been done before
Robbed of a scummy for what had to be the best unvote in mafiascum history.

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:09 am

In post 207, House wrote:Why isn't fakespeare swinging yet?

Could be the fact that he's probably not scum but idk

Sometimes I get heated and don’t realize it. If I get like this please somebody tell me to take a break and chill out. Thanks in advance.
BRickAstley
BRickAstley
Townie
BRickAstley
Townie
Townie

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:15 am

Post by BRickAstley »

In post 209, Netherspite wrote:There is automatic countdown timer in votecount posts.
It is always showing actual data.

:nerd:

That's really cool. Okay, ignore my posts about the timing then.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:33 am

In post 199, Jackal711 wrote:
In post 171, fakespeare wrote:Been hella busy on short notice lately, and something came up that will prevent me from posting substantially until Sunday afternoon. Apologies.

This is his most recent post in the game, made on Friday. It is now Tuesday. He is at L-1.

We have just over a day left until deadline.

Come.
On.
People.

I don't feel we can get any more out of day 1 at this point. We should allow time for a claim, however.
Nobody hammer
. He'll be lynched at deadline anyway due to plurality lynch rule.

If fake flips town, I'll be taking a good look at dodgy, house, and prawn. (the other 3 on the wagon besides me)

If fake flips scum my suspicion falls on jake and nether.

are you really criticizing somebody's lack of posting? That's funny. From the looks of it Fake hasn't logged on to the site since the 23rd so for people waiting for a claim, I don't think we will get one unless he magically returns. We may need the mod to seek a replacement.

Mod, have you prodded fake yet? if yes is he due to be replaced anytime soon?

I also believe you have at least 2 requests for you to explain the reasoning for your vote and so far you haven't answered them so while we are waiting can you oblige? Thank you

prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:39 am

Post by prawneater »

@netherspite Do you have any scum reads? Who are your top scum?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 4:51 am

Post by Netherspite »

@prawneater

I'm getting to the conclusion that the best lynch option for today is
Jackal711
His posts look like he's only trying to mimic scumhunting while not really doing so. He's stating obvious things, considers only obvious options and goes for the first convenient place to park his vote.

What is your top scumread ? And what would you get from the
fakespeare
's flip in both possible cases?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:03 am

Post by House »

In post 215, Netherspite wrote:
@prawneater

Jackal711
His posts look like he's only trying to mimic scumhunting while not really doing so. He's stating obvious things, considers only obvious options and goes for the first convenient place to park his vote.

Terrible. Jackal's general lack of activity and superficial reasoning are easily explained by

In post 98, Jackal711 wrote:Still dealing with after effects of a car accident a few weeks ago that is making it hard to be at my computer for extended periods of time. The other place you mentioned I've been posting (a game I'm modding) gets priority.

You look like you're swinging at low hanging fruit in an attempt to derail the wagon on fakespeare.

prawneater
prawneater
Goon
prawneater
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:06 am

Post by prawneater »

re: fakespeare flip

I think wagon analysis is a good first step.

I like your read on Jackal. I think he might a good lynch tomorrow.

@Jackal who are your top town/scum?
Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:18 am

Post by Netherspite »

In post 216, House wrote:
In post 215, Netherspite wrote:
@prawneater

Jackal711

Terrible. Jackal's general lack of activity and superficial reasoning are easily explained by

In post 98, Jackal711 wrote:Still dealing with after effects of a car accident a few weeks ago that is making it hard to be at my computer for extended periods of time. The other place you mentioned I've been posting (a game I'm modding) gets priority.

You look like you're swinging at low hanging fruit in an attempt to derail the wagon on fakespeare.

Yes, I can understand when someone places V/LA tag at his portrait and says "I don't have time to play this game at this moment, sorry." because of RL issues.
No, I don't understand when someone explains his fluffy "wannabe-useful" posts by his RL issues.
Up to you to build your opinion on that, however.
Now modding:
(Day 2)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:28 am

In post 216, House wrote:Terrible. Jackal's general lack of activity and superficial reasoning are easily explained by

would it make a difference if he was posting in an NFL thread or posting in a minecraft server thread (which implies he is probably at his computer playing minecraft as well?)

just wondering

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:32 am

I understand when people have RL issues, and I actually normally don't believe people when they say they do but i can't imagine he would lie about an accident. I do certainly think if he were scum he could use that to his advantage, lord knows I certainly would.

but if we ignore that and just focus on the posts he has actually made, he had provided absolutely nothing of value. I can't find examples of scum hunting, I can't find explaining of reasoning in his posts, and now he has been asked for his reasoning he has neglected to respond to that and instead just posted more useless posts.

What i don't understand is why are you ok with letting this behaviour go? he should at the very least be pressured to contribute because it looks like he is trying to do as little as possible. If he is town this isn't acceptable behaviour and if he is scum, well yeah it makes him look scummy.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:12 am

Post by House »

In post 220, Jake from State Farm wrote:I understand when people have RL issues, and I actually normally don't believe people when they say they do but i can't imagine he would lie about an accident. I do certainly think if he were scum he could use that to his advantage, lord knows I certainly would.

but if we ignore that and just focus on the posts he has actually made, he had provided absolutely nothing of value. I can't find examples of scum hunting, I can't find explaining of reasoning in his posts, and now he has been asked for his reasoning he has neglected to respond to that and instead just posted more useless posts.

What i don't understand is why are you ok with letting this behaviour go? he should at the very least be pressured to contribute because it looks like he is trying to do as little as possible. If he is town this isn't acceptable behaviour and if he is scum, well yeah it makes him look scummy.

My posts actually have little to do with Jackal and more to do with Netherspite.

I find Netherspite's push to be scummy, while yours is far more town motivated.

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:57 am

Post by Netherspite »

In post 221, House wrote:
In post 220, Jake from State Farm wrote:I understand when people have RL issues, and I actually normally don't believe people when they say they do but i can't imagine he would lie about an accident. I do certainly think if he were scum he could use that to his advantage, lord knows I certainly would.

My posts actually have little to do with Jackal and more to do with Netherspite.

You don't like me since the beginning of the game so your opinion is biased.
Also, why aren't you voting me yet then?
Now modding:
(Day 2)
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:54 am

Post by House »

In post 222, Netherspite wrote:
In post 221, House wrote:

You don't like me since the beginning of the game so your opinion is biased.
Also, why aren't you voting me yet then?

Because I won't let your attempt to derail your buddy's wagon to be successful.

Netherspite
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Netherspite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:10 am

Post by Netherspite »

If he's scum and I'm his partner, why does choice between us two matter?
Now modding:
(Day 2)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”