SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:12 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

What I demonstrated in my examples, is that there's no value to be gain from letting an IC claim pass for a day without proof like Cyanide has shown in his examples,
the one and only answer to the IC claim is "prove it right now, or get rekt"
so the real IC will have no reed to counterclaim in order to get the lynch through anyway.

Yes you did, but the red part may not have been common knowledge and you don't want the IC to counterclaim a fakeclaim before anyone can explain him that's a bad idea (not everyone is online 24/7 and reads every single post immediately). It's great that you proved it, sadly you didn't convince anyone because nobody had a contrary opinion.

You're not as smart as you think you are, so do us all a favor and stop acting like a condescending jerk (or I WILL vote you :roll: ), this game is meant to be recreational and fun.

First of all, policy lynches are incredibly anti-town as scum is not more likely to be condescending, rude, annoying or whatever character trait you deem to be toxic compared to town. It is much better to go for the players who are more likely to be scum in the game; not in real life. The charismatic players typically have an (unfair?) edge over the more abrasive players already, there's really no need to widen that gap.

Secondly, I have never seen someone say something like this without it being a projection.
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:20 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

In post 174, deathfisaro wrote:I have busy days coming up and on top of that it's Family Day on Monday in BC, Canada, and I'm going to Whistler over long weekend so I'm extremely unlikely available from tomorrow (Friday) ~3pm PST till Tuesday 10am PST. I set V/LA for the duration.
With 18+ days left I feel like I'll come back and catch up no problem, but at mod's discretion feel free to replace me out if deemed necessary.

Obviously you can do whatever you want, it's not like I can stop you anyway and the mod determines what is acceptable and what isn't, not me, but it's really obnoxious that you're leaving for 4 days now there's some heat/votes on you. Other people are going to catch up on what's been happening between you, me and house and will probably want to ask you questions.
croboss
croboss
Townie
croboss
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:47 pm

Post by croboss »

Hey guys sorry for being 1-2 days late on this but here is my somewhat short thoughts... (you guys post wayyy too much i can hardly catch up)

Who actually claimed IC? I can't find it where someone actually claimed? Anyway so If the IC isn't willing to be mod confirmed I think they should obviously be lynched any scum can easily claim IC (knows the setup) even if there isn't one to prevent being counterclaimed, easy fakeclaim for scum.

House: I feel like he knows what he's doing and is smart about it, but he's also seems authoritative and gets angered fairly easily.

Thats the only person that really stood out to me hopefully I can dig deeper. (haha I guess I'm pretty bad at mafia)

VOTE: Sir Cyanide
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:59 pm

Post by Drezi »

In post 175, SIR CYANIDE wrote:sadly you didn't convince anyone because nobody had a contrary opinion.

The hell, it was none other than you that promted my reply, by bringing up a case where we don't lynch the claim right away, and let him live and conf next day for value..

In post 153, House wrote:or I WILL vote you.

The I will vote you part is a sarcastic remark to this.

And my "projection" is a remark to this shit:
In post 55, House wrote:Do you always assume your adversary is an idiot? Because if so, you're simply projecting.

In post 127, House wrote:... resisting... urge... to vote... stupid.

In post 153, House wrote:Stop posting stupidity

In post 154, House wrote:Now you're posting stupidity too?

Who's calling everyone else stupid?...
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Seems like croboss is particularly disinterested in finding scum, perhaps because he already knows the set-up. Doesn't properly read the thread either and has been very absent. Bandwagons me and then doesn't back up his reasoning either.

unvote

VOTE: croboss
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:02 pm

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

In post 178, Drezi wrote:
In post 175, SIR CYANIDE wrote:sadly you didn't convince anyone because nobody had a contrary opinion.

The hell, it was none other than you that promted my reply, by bringing up a case where we don't lynch the claim right away, and let him live and conf next day for value..

In post 153, House wrote:or I WILL vote you.

The I will vote you part is a sarcastic remark to this.

And my "projection" is a remark to this shit:
In post 55, House wrote:Do you always assume your adversary is an idiot? Because if so, you're simply projecting.

In post 127, House wrote:... resisting... urge... to vote... stupid.

In post 153, House wrote:Stop posting stupidity

In post 154, House wrote:Now you're posting stupidity too?

Who's calling everyone else stupid?...

Nevermind, I thought your post was directed at me and not at House. After rereading it I wonder how I could have mistaken it for being directed at me. Disregard everything I said in #175.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:11 am

Post by House »

In post 172, Drezi wrote:
In post 153, House wrote:
In post 134, Drezi wrote:It makes no difference, if one can be spared because of an IC claim without actually proving it, then why would anyone go down willingly?

Stop posting stupidity or I WILL vote you.

In post 133, SIR CYANIDE wrote:I did not necessarily recommend people claiming IC, I just recommended people not counterclaiming IC.

He wanted to make sure, that real IC does not counterclaim. That is correct, noone is arguing that.

What I demonstrated in my examples, is that there's no value to be gain from letting an IC claim pass for a day without proof like Cyanide has shown in his examples,
the one and only answer to the IC claim is "prove it right now, or get rekt"
so the real IC will have no reed to counterclaim in order to get the lynch through anyway.

You pointed out an obvious fact?
GO YOU!

What I took from Cyanide's use of the word day was r/l day, not game Day.

By holding off on confirming for one real life day, it allows for observation of movement on the wagon, and analysis of said movement, as well as posturing both on and off the wagon.

His remarks had intelligence behind them. Yours consisted of
NUH-UH!

In post 172, Drezi wrote:
You're not as smart as you think you are, so do us all a favor and stop acting like a condescending jerk (or I WILL vote you :roll: ), this game is meant to be recreational and fun.

The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:31 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 114, SIR CYANIDE wrote:IC: no, I'll do it first thing next day
Hammerer: no, you have to pm the mod or you're getting a hammer
IC: I'll do it the first thing next day
, we're not in LyLo, if I don't do it the next day you can still lynch me, blahblahblah
Hammerer&Wagonners: *more discussion ensues*
Wagonners: unvote: IC
~~
IT IS NOW NIGHT 1

IC, who was not actually IC but vanilla town, has been found dead

In post 181, House wrote:What I took from Cyanide's use of the word day was r/l day, not game Day.

:^)
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:43 am

Post by pisskop »

AFA
House

. Incredible amounts of agression, posts like this:
In post 38, House wrote:
In post 37, SIR CYANIDE wrote:
I don't know, I've seen scum vote scum plenty of times in rvs.

Not in a way that draws unnecessary attention right out the gate, I'd wager.

. This essentially says nothing. The total content reads 'scum don't vote other scum in a way that draws attention to themselves'; which is directly contradictory to the concept of bussing. Bad content is bad, but not necessarily scummy.

55 is another reiteration of 'scum are only careful' which is garbage, as all my previous experience with people like T S O is concerned. House himself comes off in a snarky manner that reminds me of scumTSO.

. 96 is him ascribing random townslips. I don't know if House actually knows how scum
can
act, as opposed to this little concept window of their performance he presents. I'd wager so, since he is aggressive enough to be none of the traits he has thus far ascribed to scum as scum. Severe Cognitive Dissonance.

Posts like 97, 54 are him setting up for later pushes.

His vote on Lal isn't a problem. Or at least it could well come from a town mindset. As I said earlier, his reason doesn't sync up to a real problem.
In post 92, House wrote:

She seems to know there is an IC and is trying to push Cyanide based on her knowledge.

. That's RVS reasons, and is a cover for another reason, afaic. The wifom she presents is stretching a little thin, but I don't see her as having 'clear' knowledge of an IC' based on her post 90.

I am not getting into how the IC isn't night bait in a game with guaranteed 2 other much more threatening PRs. If the IC gets outed and NKed, I'm going to be looking into their posts, because their power is the ability to flame with the scums.
We seriously
need to get off the speculation of PRs. Scum is looking for them, and we would be better served looking for scum than our strongest townies.

. Post 113 is again something I disagree with. Both in regards to the IC optimal strategy and with regards to how likely an IC is likely to catch a bullet. A poor town player is a poor IC, much more than any other role. A poor cop can still be trusted to make semi-reasonable night actions, for example.

Post 116 is more crap. I don't think, as I said earlier, that anybody thought he was fishing. The speculation is unhealthy, but House doesn't say that. This is where I think House decides to push Death's lynch.

Post 155 is a vote for crap reasons. If he wants to find Death scummy, that's fine. Death is not fishing, the reason for that vote is crap.

Posts 155-162 could all be eliminated or put into one-two posts.
In post 158, House wrote:
Shitposting.

I don't know if House meant to say the post is shit, but House himself is shitposting. The very definition of shitposting is repeated and trollish remarks in a thread. 155-162 provide nothing, and he does it throughout the game with his abusive remarks to others.

Vote: House
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 168, deathfisaro wrote:Multiple White Knights. Does this make me a Disney Princess?

Don't flatter yourself. I'm hunting House, not protecting you. Anything you get out of this is incidental.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:06 am

Post by Count Dooku »

In post 150, SIR CYANIDE wrote:and count dooku gets an honorable mention although he did post some relevant things

I am sorry. I am usually more active. But this week was very hard irl. I will be more active from now on, especially on weekends.

In post 153, House wrote:
In post 134, Drezi wrote:It makes no difference, if one can be spared because of an IC claim without actually proving it, then why would anyone go down willingly?

Stop posting stupidity or I WILL vote you.

That would be very stupid to say the least. You can't vote him for being "stupid".

In post 172, Drezi wrote:You're not as smart as you think you are, so do us all a favor and stop acting like a condescending jerk (or I WILL vote you :roll: ), this game is meant to be recreational and fun.

Meh. What's the matter with you guys?! You can't vote him for being a jerk... Nonsense.

In post 177, croboss wrote:(haha I guess I'm pretty bad at mafia)

That is not funny. That is sad. Not because you are "pretty bad", but because you stated it. It can be a very good excuse in the future, for example when you quickhammer a townie (on purpose). You just say: "Oh... I am pretty bad. I didn't quickhammer because I am scum. I quickhammered, because I am pretty bad"

Get to Know a Sith Lord
Officially the worst mafioso ever.
RIP Sir Christopher Lee
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:18 am

Post by Count Dooku »

About this IC counterclaim-fakeclaim thing:
@SIR CN^- (that is a - in the top right index). Maybe I am just too stupid, but I don't understand you. You say that an IC shouldn't counterclaim, so the IC won't get NKed. But then a scum at L-1 can claim IC too. Please show me where did I make a mistake, what did I miss! (I think I just cannot see something obvious, but I don't know what is that, so please tell me)
Get to Know a Sith Lord
RIP Sir Christopher Lee
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:37 am

Post by acryon »

In post 96, VictorDeAngelo wrote:First, let's drop all the setup specualtion talk. Thank you.

Agreed, it's useless at this point. It can only really aid scum in finding who is a PR by the way people approach the topic.

I am torn on Sir Cyanide. At first, I thought it made some sense from a town-perspective to want to discuss the set-up a bit, but the amount he is harping on it is a little unsettling. Really feels like rolefishing.

In post 179, SIR CYANIDE wrote:Seems like croboss is particularly disinterested in finding scum, perhaps because he already knows the set-up. Doesn't properly read the thread either and has been very absent. Bandwagons me and then doesn't back up his reasoning either.

unvote

Could you
possibly
talk about the setup any more? And calling croboss out based on that post seems pretty terrible. And below the quality of play that seemed to exist in your never-ending role discussions.

For the love of all that is good, can we stop talking about the setup? If scum hasn't figured out who the PRs are already, then they will if people don't shut up.

VOTE: SIR CYANIDE
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:08 am

Post by Count Dooku »

@acryon That's all you can say about the last 8 pages?
Get to Know a Sith Lord
RIP Sir Christopher Lee
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:17 am

Post by House »

In post 187, acryon wrote:
For the love of all that is good, can we stop talking about the setup? If scum hasn't figured out who the PRs are already, then they will if people don't shut up.

I don't see scum!acryon making this post.

He'd be too conscious of the fact that scum
decides
what the setup is.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 am

Post by House »

In post 188, Count Dooku wrote:@acryon That's all you can say about the last 8 pages?

Your weak doubtcasting in this post & post 186 in general makes me want to

VOTE: Count Dooku

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:22 am

Post by House »

Of those voting me, croboss is by far the scummiest.

All that ad hom to try to force my wagon reeks.

Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:54 am

Post by Count Dooku »

In post 190, House wrote:
In post 188, Count Dooku wrote:@acryon That's all you can say about the last 8 pages?

Oh House, it was a pretty good reasoning, I nearly bought it. (sarcasm)
Get to Know a Sith Lord
RIP Sir Christopher Lee
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:03 am

Post by House »

In post 192, Count Dooku wrote:
In post 190, House wrote:

Oh House, it was a pretty good reasoning, I nearly bought it. (sarcasm)

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid outing my daycop guilty on you because I don't want scum to NK me.

Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:13 am

Post by Count Dooku »

Ah, I see.
Get to Know a Sith Lord
RIP Sir Christopher Lee
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:17 am

Post by Count Dooku »

In post 186, Count Dooku wrote:About this IC counterclaim-fakeclaim thing:
@SIR CN^- (that is a - in the top right index). Maybe I am just too stupid, but I don't understand you. You say that an IC shouldn't counterclaim, so the IC won't get NKed. But then a scum at L-1 can claim IC too. Please show me where did I make a mistake, what did I miss! (I think I just cannot see something obvious, but I don't know what is that, so please tell me)

If you don't want to talk about IC anymore, just ignore it.
Get to Know a Sith Lord
RIP Sir Christopher Lee
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:51 am

Post by House »

In post 195, Count Dooku wrote:
In post 186, Count Dooku wrote:About this IC counterclaim-fakeclaim thing:

If you don't want to talk about IC anymore, just ignore it.

What a silly thing to tell yourself.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:53 am

Post by pisskop »

What the hell are you two doing? This isn't content.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:58 am

Post by House »

In post 197, pisskop wrote:What the hell are you two doing? This isn't content.

Neither was that, and yours is even worse.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:17 am

Post by acryon »

Yes, which is ridiculous. I agree that it is silly that I came into the game for real on page 8 and had little to comment on other than a pile of setup discussion. Only scum gains from that. There should be more pushing for reactions, which town wins from.

While I have you here, do you honestly think comes from scum?
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.

Return to “Completed Open Games”