Newbie 1572 - Chicken Parmigiana Mafia (Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:08 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 521, numberQ wrote:@DDD, I'm starting to see things the way Seraphim and Drixx (and iirc, ika) do/did, regarding your scumminess. Can you point to any instances of activity from you to refute their claim that you're too passive? I looked through your ISO but I want to hear your answer.

Sorry I forgot, how many wagons did you start that ended in a lynch? Drixx? Bitmap/Seraphim? Pretty sure I'm "up" 1-0 against everyone in this regard of doing the only thing that really matters for the town. If I'm "too passive" and I'm the only one who managed to get a successful lynch through what does that make the rest of you?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:38 am

Post by numberQ »

The only thing that really matters? What about, y'know, actual discussion? Wagons are great but discussion and analysis help prevent mislynches, like what happened on that wagon you started. And yes, I was on that wagon as well, but I'm not using it as my sole example of town behavior. Day 2 talk felt severely clouded by ika's fidgeting, so I'm not sure that's a shining example of activity anyway. Like Seraphim said (and you were so quick to dismiss), ika was an easy lynch. It would have happened with or without you, and you were not the only driving force behind that wagon. What else have you done?
Hey!
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:48 am

Post by Diego1487 »

First, sorry for disappearing all of a sudden. Work has been hellacious. Anyway, everyone knows where I stand on scum.

I've sat here for the last 10 minutes voting for DDD, then erasing it and voting for Seraphim. I keep going back and forth on who I want to see lynched first. I'll hold my vote until I'm more confident.

However, I do feel DDD is playing this game trying to reveal as little information as possible. He voted NumberQ, and still has not given his reason for it.

Seraphim has been pushing his vote hardcore against DDD since the moment he's arrived, and it just feels like bussing to me. His reasons are previous meta and that the ika lynch was too easy. ika didn't go super-troll until
after
DDD voted for him, starting the wagon. Therefore, he wasn't low-hanging fruit at the time.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:39 am

Post by BRantz »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: numberQ

Vote is largely because of what just happened in . (also sorry for being away everyone, weekends are tough for me)

For all of you not voting anyone, consider this, one of the best ways to get reactions out of people is to use your vote and create wagons. Discussion is all well and good, but by itself with nothing else going on you are very rarely going to find scum just because of it.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:15 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

In post 526, numberQ wrote:And yes, I was on that wagon as well, but I'm not using it as my sole example of town behavior. Day 2 talk felt severely clouded by ika's fidgeting, so I'm not sure that's a shining example of activity anyway. Like Seraphim said (and you were so quick to dismiss), ika was an easy lynch. It would have happened with or without you, and you were not the only driving force behind that wagon. What else have you done?

This is such revisionist bullshit; every player other than Pramitz had a chance to start the day with an ika case/vote, every single one of them declined. That was my case and my vote that everyone else flocked to and drove ika over the deep end making him the easy lynch you're pretending he was from the start.

In post 527, Diego1487 wrote:However, I do feel DDD is playing this game trying to reveal as little information as possible. He voted NumberQ, and still has not given his reason for it.

I was throwing a proverbial brick at his head trying to get a reaction.

In post 527, Diego1487 wrote:Seraphim has been pushing his vote hardcore against DDD since the moment he's arrived, and it just feels like bussing to me.

...why does your mind immediately jump to bussing?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:42 am

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 3.03

numberQ (2)- Debonair Danny DiPietro, BRantz
Debonair Danny DiPietro (1)- Seraphim
Seraphim (1)- zombiekitty
zombiekitty (1)- numberQ
BRantz (1)- ForWhomTheJellyRolls

Not voting: Diego1487, Drixx

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline

5th March, 7am AEDT. This is in (expired on 2015-03-04 16:00:00).

In post 522, numberQ wrote:
@Mod

Oh hey, just noticed that little cake next to your name. Happy birthday Deas!

Thanks! Happy Birthday to you as well!
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:35 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Reaction votes on D3? tsk tsk tsk :P
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:36 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 529, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:This is such revisionist bullshit; every player other than Pramitz had a chance to start the day with an ika case/vote, every single one of them declined. That was my case and my vote that everyone else flocked to and drove ika over the deep end making him the easy lynch you're pretending he was from the start.

I stand by what I said. ika was a comparatively easy lynch. I don't think it's necessarily scummy that you went after him, which is why I'm not voting you, but the fact remains that ika's wagon was the height of your activity.

@Diego
, it seems like you think DDD and Seraphim are both scum. They're both equally far from lynch. Why not just pick one and vote? This wishy washy "I don't know who to vote but they're both scum" isn't helping anyone.
Hey!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Drixx »

So I took at look at BRantz' ISO. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is (I'll do an in context read soon™), but it just pings the scumdar really hard.

VOTE: BRantz
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:48 am

Post by Seraphim »

Unvote
Vote: BRantz

I'm down for this. Hopefully I can convince ya'll with DDD tomorrow.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:01 am

Post by BRantz »

Oh boy people voting me based on... oh thats right "gut" and "I can't put my finger on it". Really solid cases there boys.
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:06 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

That's a great and helpful pro-town reaction. Complain about the case against you. That's what ika did. So if you are town, I'd rethink that strategy. Start worrying about who the real scum are rather than worrying about the quality of the case on you.
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:07 am

Post by Drixx »

It's really amusing to see BRantz complain about votes on him without accompanying cases when that's an incredibly apt description of his own play thus far.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:11 am

Post by BRantz »

I am voting for who I think is scum right now.

I am not complaining about the lack of accompanying cases, I am complaining about how bad your cases are.

My counterpoint to you Jelly is look how well that turned out for the town.

I feel like Drixx is probably just going to tunnel for the rest of the day like he did against ika, and seraphim seems like an oddball to me, so I am not sure it is worth trying to argue anything with him. So would you like to talk about things Jelly? If so what do you have questions about?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:20 am

Post by numberQ »

BRantz
, how has ika flipping town affected your reads, if at all? Just out of curiosity.
Hey!
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:26 am

Post by BRantz »

Not a lot considering I saw him as town before the flip. What about for you number?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:32 am

Post by Drixx »

BRantz ... you seem to think that I should have somehow divined that ika was town. Hindsight bias much? From the moment he decided to be spiteful and play against his wincon, there was absolutely zero upside to leaving him alive. Scum would have just let him live because he would be a useful source of WIFOM in any endgame situation. Having him in game as an unknown after the way he reacted to a wagon getting started on him would have been incredibly unhelpful to town, if not outright harmful.

You, on the other hand, haven't gone all frothy at the mouth because someone voted you. So why would you think I would come to the same conclusion about you as I did ika? I wasn't exactly secretive about my reasoning that he had to go no matter his alignment.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:35 am

Post by BRantz »

Naw, I am not saying you should have divined that ika was town, but you were unwilling to even talk about anything else yesterday. Even after ika calmed down and started to actually play again. I understand that ika had to die because we were approaching deadline and there was no other wagon. What I don't understand is that many days before that happened he calmed down from yelling at everyone and no one seemed to care at all.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:52 am

Post by Drixx »

I'll grant you that. This game has had a strange rhythm to it so far. It feels disjointed at the moment. I wasn't the only person who didn't meet your standard yesterday, and I should point out that my early poking of people for the usual sorts of early game, nothing serious has happened yet reasons was met with quite a lot of push back. I suppose I could go back to poking people to get responses but it doesn't seem to have really generated much in the way of conversation the first time around and I don't expect that doing the same thing and hoping for a different result will actually work ;p
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:53 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 529, Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:In post 527, Diego1487 wrote:
Seraphim has been pushing his vote hardcore against DDD since the moment he's arrived, and it just feels like bussing to me.

...why does your mind immediately jump to bussing?

You caught me DDD. Trying to answer this question, I realized it was confirmation biased. I have no reason to believe it was bussing other than I wanted it to be bussing.

Therefore, VOTE: DDD.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:57 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 542, BRantz wrote:What I don't understand is that many days before that happened he calmed down from yelling at everyone and no one seemed to care at all.

I didn't care because even after he cooled down, I still believed he was scum. You can't possibly stay wired up for days on end. He eventually had to calm down, but that didn't change the fact that he was super-scummy. I stand behind that lynch, even though it was a mislynch.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:41 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 540, BRantz wrote:Not a lot considering I saw him as town before the flip. What about for you number?

I've been mulling the ramifications of ika's flip for a while and I'm not sure what to make of it. The only obvious thing to focus on is zombiekitty's hammer. Whether it was an accident or not is all WIFOM, and I can't even think of a good reason scum would do it on purpose then call it an accident, but my gut doesn't like zombiekitty's play so I'm probably just thinking about it too much. That's all disorganized thoughts though, nothing's really well-formed there.
Hey!
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
ForWhomTheJellyRolls
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:47 am

Post by ForWhomTheJellyRolls »

That was my point BRantz. Your reaction to the wagon was not dissimilar to ika's which was not helpful to the town. That is not to say that you can't bring it back, but there are things that are helpful to the town and things that aren't. For instance:
In post 538, BRantz wrote:I feel like Drixx is probably just going to tunnel for the rest of the day like he did against ika, and seraphim seems like an oddball to me, so I am not sure it is worth trying to argue anything with him. So would you like to talk about things Jelly? If so what do you have questions about?

You have just written off two players rather than trying to interact with them. I'll admit that Drixx laser focused on ika day 2 which wasn't helpful and I tried to discuss that with him then. We got a bit more into it today too. But I tried to interact with Drixx. And it looks like you have interacted with Drixx since you posted that statement so good on you for that. So that's a good sign. So let's talk about Seraphim? How is he an oddball? Does this affect your read on Seraphim/Bitmap? What is your read on Seraphim/Bimap?
"A hidden truth supports everything. Find it, and win." - Ramayana
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."

Do you have the need for Mafia de Cuba?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by Drixx »

FWTJR - I got what you were trying to do yesterday, but I don't think we were going to get many people to engage in further discussion yesterday, based upon how the game has unfolded thus far. I suppose I take my own share of the blame for that, but it's not like I haven't tried to move the gamestate forward.
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:09 pm

Post by Seraphim »

In post 535, BRantz wrote:Oh boy people voting me based on... oh thats right "gut" and "I can't put my finger on it". Really solid cases there boys.
The more you post, the more your scumminess reveals itself to me. Ah, it is so wonderful. Nah, DDD and BRantz is the scumteam alright.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”