Mini 1648: Mafia in the Noose Factory. (Game Over)

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:11 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

If I agree with the reasoning, yes.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:11 am

Post by BlueBloodedToffee »

No. You said I have no other reasoning, if I show you that I do and you're not actually reading, I want your vote.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:14 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm not going to vote for reasoning I don't agree with, you're acting pretty rediculous.
Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:16 am

Post by Ponystar17 »

BBT (#407):
Sorry to disappoint you, Blue, but no. I'm more likely to trust you because bussing on Day 1 is a terrible move for scum, but it doesn't eliminate the possibility that you're either scum or simply wrong. I'm just scum looking for an excuse to lynch you if he flips town.

I don't suppose you could elaborate on why #336 makes Slandaar scum? Sure, he's actually putting some effort in, but he's basically just summarizing the game (albeit subjectively), not analyzing it. That post looks pretty null to me, although it bothers me a bit that he makes a completely nonsensical point against MonkeyMan.

Regarding your more recent posts, why is the ploben wagon less stale than the randomidget one? As far as I can see, neither of them has posted much of substance in the last few pages.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:46 am

In post 428, Ponystar17 wrote:BBT (#407):
Sorry to disappoint you, Blue, but no. I'm more likely to trust you because bussing on Day 1 is a terrible move for scum, but it doesn't eliminate the possibility that you're either scum or simply wrong. I'm just scum looking for an excuse to lynch you if he flips town.

I think it's only fair if you're willing to lynch me if I'm wrong that you should be willing to sheep me if I'm right.

In post 428, Ponystar17 wrote:I don't suppose you could elaborate on why #336 makes Slandaar scum? Sure, he's actually putting some effort in, but he's basically just summarizing the game (albeit subjectively), not analyzing it. That post looks pretty null to me, although it bothers me a bit that he makes a completely nonsensical point against MonkeyMan.

Regarding your more recent posts, why is the ploben wagon less stale than the randomidget one? As far as I can see, neither of them has posted much of substance in the last few pages.

Sure. Conviction. His case is weak but he seems to genuinely believe in it.

Ploben wagon is less stale because a) he's scum and b) I'm on it.

Votes on Random have been sitting there for a long time with no developments and no-one actually pushing the wagon very hard at all.
Meta this. Meta that. Meta Everything. Meta is not a good scum-hunting tool. PEOPLE CAN MANIPULATE THEIR META. Stop it. Stop. It. Now.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:56 am

Post by pisskop »

Rando is a lurker. That's what it boils down to. Everything else is an emergent property of that.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:58 am

Post by pisskop »

Rando isnt the worst choice for a lynch. Neither is Plob, ftm.
. the only reason I would take Plob over Rando is because he had more content, and Rando very limited.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Post by ploben »

Voice of the town...voice of the town...that's all I see in BBT's posts. Instead of enlightening town he just wants to lead it.
Zebulin
Zebulin
Goon
Zebulin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Zebulin »

Someone asked me why I'm townreading Pony so hardly. The reason is that all his reads make sense from a town perspective, he's genuinly asking questions with all the players, he's posting the most content per post of anyone, and he just sounds town when talking to Slandaar and MonkeyMan. (When I misspelled townreading as twonreading and I right-clicked it to change it to the correct spelling, the only thing that autocorrect came up with was "misreading". I wonder if that's a sign...)

Based on the friendly tone of the conversation between BBT and MonkeyMan on page 17 I think they're on the same alignment. Not sure if that alignment's town or scum though.

In post 432, ploben wrote:Voice of the town...voice of the town...that's all I see in BBT's posts. Instead of enlightening town he just wants to lead it.

Elaborate.
ploben
ploben
Mafia Scum
ploben
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:07 pm

Post by ploben »

In post 433, Zebulin wrote:
In post 432, ploben wrote:Voice of the town...voice of the town...that's all I see in BBT's posts. Instead of enlightening town he just wants to lead it.

Elaborate.

More recently BBT has been really steering the conversation and really trying to lead town. Since the start of the game he's always had a confrontational way about him but more than that he's really been directing players in what way they should go and how they should think as opposed to enlightening players on his thoughts and reads and letting them decide for themselves.

BBT's posts like , , , , and show more of the "enlightening" BBT where he wants to show us where his head's at and to remind me to stop dodging his questions and answer them. But most of his posts after 391 seem to be just pushing his agenda onto other players and telling them how to think (and not think) and how they should be reading players.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Post by House »

In post 418, MonkeyMan576 wrote:House isn't as bad as random, Luca had some personal issue, I think.

Seriously?

I've already been prodded twice.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:43 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Prodge.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:45 pm

Post by House »

In post 427, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not going to vote for reasoning I don't agree with, you're acting pretty rediculous.

VOTE: MonkeyMan576

Not for being difficult about agreeing to sheep BBT, but for the amount of squirming you're doing in the process. Your posts read like you're backed into a corner.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:18 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

You're wrong, he's not backing me into a corner, I'm backing him. I think I've shown how ridiculous his thought process is.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:27 pm

Post by House »

In post 438, MonkeyMan576 wrote:You're wrong, he's not backing me into a corner, I'm backing him. I think I've shown how ridiculous his thought process is.

Not buying it. You've been pretty defensive in that interaction.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:31 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

I'm perfectly capable of acting offensive or defensive as I see fit, sometimes it makes sense to act defensive to see how far someone will go with their misguided logic.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:52 pm

Post by House »

In post 440, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm perfectly capable of acting offensive or defensive as I see fit, sometimes it makes sense to act defensive to see how far someone will go with their misguided logic.

That's all well and good, but defensiveness should make sense, instead of looking like caught scum trying to wiggle out of the light of suspicion.

Like , for example. Instead of attempting to redirect misguided logic, you'll bait it along? Nah, man.

MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:06 pm

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Suit yourself.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:00 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Vote Count 1.15randommidget: (3) ploben, tip, MonkeyMan576
ploben: (3) BlueBloodedToffee, Zebulin, Ponystar17
tip: (2) randommidget, Kaboose
Zebulin: (3) Luca Blight, Boonskiies, pisskop
MonkeyMan576: (2) Slandaar, House

Not Voting:

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2015-03-08 19:53:20)

Mod Notes:
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 403, Ponystar17 wrote:Slandaar: No, you're not. The only way you could absolutely know my alignment would be if you were scum. Town on Day 1 is never this certain on a read, especially with so little evidence.

Well that's not true. I know people are scum very often on D1 as both alignments.

You are very certain in your stance which is strange considering how little you have actually played.
In post 403, Ponystar17 wrote:
I didn't say you weren't looking to expand your case, I said you weren't looking for legitimate scumtells. There's a difference.

Expand case by adding legitimate scumtells. Not really a difference. You avoided the point though.
Please reiterate your question, I find it confusing. What do you mean, you engaging on me if you're not scumhunting? Maybe I'm being dense, but I'd appreciate it if you could reword that. As it is, I can't answer it.

Eh not really a question. I am the proactive you are the reactive.
Wait, you're saying you didn't drop your arguments in #224? Even after #337 where you admitted that they were "fake"? Please clarify: did you drop them as you implied, or not?

I didn't say they were fake.

I didn't imply I dropped them.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:27 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 337, Slandaar wrote:Even if it was fake my one 'valid' point is stronger than your entire case on Blue.

Clearly is talking hypothetically Pony.

If you actually believed this was me admitting I had made arguments up you probably should have made a bigger fuss about it. Don't you think?
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:34 am

Post by Slandaar »

I don't have time to detail it but basically anyone who wants to can see Pony is scum by viewing her first post and it's timing then viewing her second post and it's timing. Note the lack of participation during what was a critical part of the day and how she moves vote in the sweet spot for scum. Right as Zeb wagon fails and Blue wagon looks viable.
Ponystar17
Ponystar17
Goon
Ponystar17
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:54 am

Post by Ponystar17 »

Not even going to bother responding properly to Slandaar's case. If I get lynched for not bothering to defend myself from such a ridiculous case, so be it.

I don't agree that MonkeyMan's post refusing to answer was suspect. I don't think I would have acted significantly differently in his position (something I'm sure Slandaar will hold against me/him), but although that post is null to me, I actually don't like his later posts. He seems far too defensive when the only person going after him is House - his claim that he was backing BBT, practically the leader right now, into a corner is frankly ridiculous. Maybe he thought he was close to convincing him that his logic was ridiculous, but BBT was in no way under pressure there. He's far too defensive.
UNVOTE: ploben
VOTE: MonkeyMan576
It feels weird to be agreeing with House.
BlueBloodedToffee
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
BlueBloodedToffee
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:03 am

In post 427, MonkeyMan576 wrote:I'm not going to vote for reasoning I don't agree with, you're acting pretty rediculous.

Don't know why I didn't see this.

You claimed I had no other reasoning. I said I would show you this reasoning that you 'missed' if it bought your vote. Your reluctance leads me to believe you were lying and you did in fact see my other points for Ploben scum.

- And House isn't? What's the difference, Pisskop?

In post 436, Boonskiies wrote:Prodge.

Play or I'm lynching you.

- Show me where my logic is 'misguided', Monkey?

- Defensiveness doesn't equal scum. Join Ploben wagon please.

- Again, defensiveness doesn't equal scum. Get back on the Ploben wagon please?
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:28 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

[quote="BBT"
In post 448, BlueBloodedToffee wrote:440 - Show me where my logic is 'misguided', Monkey?
[/Quote]

Where you say I should vote reasoning I don't agree with.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”