zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:37 am

Post by zMuffinMan »

i don't have any time to read through the walls right now. will be around in 9 hours or so maybe.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:38 am

Post by Ankamius »

I got my first pick.

This game's next on my list. I'll have a response shortly.
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:42 am

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 837, Kagami wrote:I'd like everyone to claim if they got their first pick. I see absolutely no harm in doing so, while there is potentially some value in it.

I didn't get my first pick u.u
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:46 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 837, Kagami wrote:I agree that sky-pally's explanation is reasonable.

I hadn't mentioned it initially, but it had also struck me as odd that his formatting and verbiage was fairly well-constructed for someone who believed he had little time to get reads out; little things like deleting the numbers from the C&P of the playerlist, adding italics, and just generally solid prose. Nevertheless, the time-stamps don't lie.

On a separate note, I'd like everyone to claim if they got their first pick. I see absolutely no harm in doing so, while there is potentially some value in it.

I got my first pick.

fun fact, he copied the alive people list and not the VC list.
Also i got my first pick, futo.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:46 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 830, SB wrote:Despite what I've said, I'm kind of getting cold feet on this because I think his explanation for why he thought he was vigged sort of makes sense and so I think that his reaction looks better, and the explanations for his reads aren't /great/ but they're there and you can tell that there's some kind of thought process there. What he crumbed also roughly matches up with what I got from my spellcard. I can also sort of see how his ridiculous logic makes sense coming from town who isn't really differentiating bad play from scum play very well considering he has half the game as scum.

usually scum don't go out of their way to lie about character/spell card flavor, if that's what this is. the only time it would be somewhat necessary is if they want to leave out a scum-indicative spell card that they don't want to make up a fake use for

ridiculous logic is a null tell at best. if he uses it as town, he's going to attempt to imitate it as scum. I think the logic he's using is scummy moreso bc a lot of what he's saying is outright wrong, and should be obviously so to anyone who's reading the game. he's not attempting to go anywhere with it, he's just posting words without actually believing them. like, look at this:
In post 847, Sky_Paladin wrote:
Your vote on me feels strongly of an OMGUS because of how unimpressive/unsubstantiated it is.

I will concede that
this may be so
. My vote was rushed because hey, ten minutes before work, and I was late for work anyway.
I feel that your scumminess is largely in your dealings with me and I
can
see why you might think I'm not dissuading you because I have not directly engaged you until now. I just completed an ISO which you can review below and there is no slam dunk Kilga-is-scum. I just feel that you're lying and that if you were serious about scum-Sky you would have engaged me rather than just sniped at me.

In post 632, Sky_Paladin wrote:Basically SB is voting me because I voted him. It's OMGUS.

Do better.

he fucking knows OMGUS isn't a scum tell, yet he tried to discredit your push on him as "lol OMGUS" when it wasn't at all. he doesn't actually believe what he's saying, he's just throwing every single possible accusation he can at you and hoping no one figures out what he's doing.

and this one:
In post 238, Sky_Paladin wrote:
the point about being "reckless" is more of a straw man than an actual point.

How would
you
describe Serene Forests backflip on SB?

In post 431, Sky_Paladin wrote:
the only scum read I have is Sky_Paladin but at this point the only reasoning behind it is I still don't see how he gets "reckless" from Serenes' initial reasoning.

Pie has also clarified that she has some issues with Serene but doesn't see Serene's actions as scummy at this point. She's confused her story here; originally she was saying my vote was bad because I said SB was reckless.

"Why are you confused about why you voted?" -> Because you are scum.

he acknowledged earlier that my vote on him was for the exact reason I said here (voting Serenes for being reckless when it wasn't), but then goes back and tries to claim I'm "changing my story" - despite the fact he explicitly asked me earlier how I was interpreting Serenes' post if I didn't think it was reckless.

it's poor play at best (and I don't mean this personally at all; I just mean to say if he's town here he's clearly forgetting about a lot of stuff and not actually checking if anything he's pushing is correct or not), and completely contrived at worst.

I do not think the way he reacted to the dayvig is scummy (and before he tries to come in and claim this is me changing my story again, I wasn't aware of his RL situation when I said it was scummy. now that I am, it checks out), but I don't think it's town either. the content in the reads list is also not telling either way.

there's nothing town there. /shrug

seriously, if you think I'm misinterpreting anything here, I'd really like if you could walk me through it. I've tried looking through his posts again and I literally could not see how I'm misinterpreting anything, besides possibly the point re: Rylai. everything I'm saying is in direct response to stuff he is saying, and I don't get how it could be interpreted otherwise. convince me I'm wrong.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:49 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 838, notscience wrote:I am just voicing my disapproval of the wagon in a teasing manner shhhhhhhhhhhh

I think his one readslist is really weird to come from scum if we have scum in our group which is why I am not voting him

what is weird about it? he has 9 fucking scum reads, and he isn't actually hard pushing anyone in our neighborhood. do you actually think he wouldn't put any of his buddies as scum at all if he was scum here?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:51 am

Post by pieguyn »

oh btw @SB

In post 854, pieguyn wrote:usually scum don't go out of their way to lie about character/spell card flavor, if that's what this is.

clarification: this is moreso a property of FG's previous Touhou UPick games than something I'd expect to hold true in general. I'm pretty sure in every single one scum true claimed their character, and I don't remember scum making up any spell card they didn't actually have.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:52 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 849, zMuffinMan wrote:i would like it if someone were to vig rylai tonight, or at least strongly consider it before deciding, "nah, i do what i want" and shooting a strong town role. thanks in advance

oh, and I second this
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:55 am

Post by Ankamius »

I hatehatehatehate Sky_Paladin's reads list. There's so many different thought processes there that it looks made up.

He says that he's not sheeping zMuffin, but that's clearly just about the entire reasoning behind the SXTLH and Drezi reads.

SXTLH and Rylai Crestfall get put into the scumlist for being a nonentity (former only being put into null because of muffin sheeping), but notscience and Kagami get put into null for mostly the same reasoning. Also of note is Malakittens initially getting put into the townlist, but being pushed back to null for exactly the same reason.

Kilgamayan reasoning is fluff. Sakura read is slightly less fluff, but still mostly fluff.

pieguyn looks more like he's trying to discredit the slot and try to get him silenced. The part about it being good even if he's town especially makes me unnnnnnng.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:06 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 716, Kilgamayan wrote:My assessment of the alternate "case" against pieguy comes from post #280 sticking in my mind the most at the time, because it was a repeated point presented in a concise post. Since it was the point being emphasized, it was the one I went back to check, and reading through pieguy's ISO made me not agree with it. It is true that I should have also directly addressed the spellcard fishing thing Lily Keyboardsmash brought up, though. I have no meaningful reason for not doing this, just an excuse that's a combination of generic dearth of time, a poor attention span, laziness, and already feeling burned out by this game. I can't begrudge someone holding this against me.

I am curious what the other reasons to pursue pieguy you see in post #253, though (apparently there are "lots"), because all I see are the spellcard-fishing accusation and the contentlessness accusation.

Those are the two accusations, but the latter one is different than the one you responded to. You directly responded to the point that pieguy wasn't doing anything later on, when it was stated before that pretending to contribute was part of it too.
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:14 am

Post by Kagami »

In post 853, SXTLHGaiden wrote:

Alive people list has the numbers. Whence comes the smarm?
Kagami
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Kagami
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:16 am

Post by Kagami »

I also think a youkai/non-youkai claim has value, but that's maybe more contentious.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:44 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

In post 860, Kagami wrote:
In post 853, SXTLHGaiden wrote:

Alive people list has the numbers. Whence comes the smarm?

haha, i had to look up a word here.
but it seems either you are missing it, or you have noticed and are not saying anything.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 11:41 am

Post by FakeGod »

I prodded Rylai, but no response yet!
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Rylai Crestfall
Rylai Crestfall
Goon
Rylai Crestfall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:02 pm

Post by Rylai Crestfall »

Sorry, I exist! ;_;

Trying to catch up right now
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:33 pm

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 1.9

• ooba [4] - Kilgamayan, thdgkdms, Sakura Hana, Shadoweh
  • notscience [1] - Rylai Crestfall
  • Malakittens [1] - notscience
  • Shadoweh [1] - GuyInFreezer
  • GuyInFreezer [0] -
  • pieguyn [0] -
  • Sakura Hana [1] - Kilgamayan
  • Ankamius [0] -
  • Katsuki [0] -
  • SXTLHGaiden [0] -
  • ActionDan [0] -
  • thdgkdms [0] -
  • SB [0] -
  • Sky_Paladin [5] - Kilgamayan, pieguyn, Katsuki, Kagami, Sakura Hana
  • Drezi [2] - Kilgamayan, zMuffinMan
  • Kilgamayan [2] - Ankamius, Sky_Paladin
  • Rylai Crestfall [0] -
  • zMuffinMan [1] - Drezi
  • Kagami [2] - ActionDan, ooba

Not Voting [3]
- SXTLHGaiden, Malakittens, SB

With 19 alive it takes 10 to lynch

Deadline is March 5, 2015, at Noon PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2015-03-05 14:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:14 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Holy shit we only have 2 days.

UNVOTE: Kilgamayan
VOTE: Sky_Paladin
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Vote: ooba
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:31 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

you are misinterpreting several things, pieguy. i just don't have the time or energy to point them out right now, so it'll have to wait until later if i can be bothered at all

though the fact that you're misinterpreting things doesn't necessarily make sky not scum, it just makes your arguments invalid

also, lately i've been thinking katsuki could be scum but this is not that important to talk about right now so i won't
Sakura Hana
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Sakura Hana
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:01 pm

Post by Sakura Hana »

In post 866, Ankamius wrote:Holy shit we only have 2 days.

In post 867, zMuffinMan wrote:

This isn't called compromising :<
I bloom in spring?
Please be nice to me.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:06 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

there's 2 days with 10 to lynch and that puts it at 6-5.

2 days is like a billion years almost
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:06 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 869, Sakura Hana wrote:
In post 866, Ankamius wrote:Holy shit we only have 2 days.

This isn't called compromising :<

I have no idea what you're saying.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Why exactly are we wagoning sky?
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:49 pm

Post by Ankamius »

Mine is just a few posts up the page.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:52 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

VOTE: ooba

I thought I voted him
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”