Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:47 am

Post by Elyse »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: eektor

I'll post reasoning and some updated reads later. Not much time now? (Spoiler: After some internal debating, I've come to the conclusion IL is town. And eektor is probably scum.)

@eektor
Why are you engaging with TDA and his "misrep"? Do you think he is seriously a pre-game cop?
eektor
eektor
Goon
eektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:59 am

Post by eektor »

@Elyse If his vote wasn't RVS, I want to know why he's lying. Also, I've never even heard of a pre-game cop and I am doubtful that is normal.

Why do you think I'm scum?
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon
Location: Usually C minor or A minor with some F major mixed in

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:30 am

Post by oddmusic »

In post 61, RadiantCowbells wrote:
I think he is gauging for reactions, but I can see people may think this.

Anyway, I associate the word 'eek'-tor to scream, and scream to fear, and fear to mafia because mafia wants you to be afraid because they can kill you. - Conspiracy theory.

VOTE: eektor

ANYWAYS, hi everyone. :) Looking forward to this game, and hi odd. Seems like we are both in two games together. :P

specifically the first line is both overexplaining and noncommittal, both things I consider scummy.

This was radiantcowbell's last post in the forum, and it does bother me a little. Expecting hard reads from a page 2 post is a little bit much don't you think?

And, yes I'll try to get a few reads on something more recent. For now, my vote on metal isn't doing much anyway, and I don't think he's scum anymore.

VOTE: RandiantCowbells
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:32 am

Post by oddmusic »

Responding (a bit) to eektor's scumread on me in .

I'll admit, I haven't been as active in this game as I'd like because I'm having trouble getting a feel for this game in particular. I'm not exactly sure what it is either.

And please, mention me, ask me questions! I need some way to get a foothold in this game.
Strange chords are playing in the wind

I once thought the above pretentious drivel was a good idea for a signature.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:40 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

VOTE: Oddmusic

This was radiantcowbell's last post in the forum, and it does bother me a little. Expecting hard reads from a page 2 post is a little bit much don't you think

a little

a little bit much don't you think

i'll admit

haven't been as active in this game as i'd like

having trouble getting a feel for this game

You should just claim scum and save us the hassle of lynching you at this point.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:43 am

An RVS vote after most of the players are out of RVS is one thing, annoying sure, but not a huge problem. An RVS acknowledging that we've left RVS but saying "oh hey, I want to play the RVS game too!" Blech. Not a strong scumread, but frankly, I haven't seen anything more substantial to build a case on for this game.

More non-committal showy bullcrap with no substance to it and a bunch of qualifiers explaining why their read isn't really their read.

/sarcasm

Why take the time to be clear about the fact that you're being sarcastic? You are literally the most panicky scum of all time even though you weren't in the limelight at all.
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:47 am

Post by oddmusic »

So admitting that I'm a bit lost is a scumclaim? Because town is of course, always on top of everything and only the evil scum ever say they don't know what's going on. Because they're evil. And stuff. /sarcasm.

No, but seriously, what the fuck?

pedit: Because people sometimes read sarcastic posts seriously. And I don't feel like explaining that I'm being sarcastic after the fact. And could you be trying any harder to come up with random reasons to scumread me?

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:47 am

Post by pisskop »

You're being called a waffle, son.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:55 am

Post by pisskop »

unvote
vote: OddMusic

What's up with the semi-reads?
. Why didn't you address the point of RC posts?
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
oddmusic
oddmusic
Goon
oddmusic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 6:58 am

Post by oddmusic »

What, that I'm being noncommital? I think I explained that: I'm having trouble getting reads in this game, simple as that. If there was another point, please tell me, because I can't see it.

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:01 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 156, oddmusic wrote:So admitting that I'm a bit lost is a scumclaim? Because town is of course, always on top of everything and only the evil scum ever say they don't know what's going on. Because they're evil. And stuff. /sarcasm.

pedit: Because people sometimes read sarcastic posts seriously. And I don't feel like explaining that I'm being sarcastic after the fact. And could you be trying any harder to come up with random reasons to scumread me?

This is not how town reacts to being called a waffle. This response i so over the top.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:12 am

In post 156, oddmusic wrote:So admitting that I'm a bit lost is a scumclaim? Because town is of course, always on top of everything and only the evil scum ever say they don't know what's going on. Because they're evil. And stuff. /sarcasm.

What kind of crappy straw man is that first post?

Also

And could you be trying any harder to come up with random reasons to scumread me?

You voted me, which theoretically means that you think I'm scum, but when I vote you back your first response is that I'm "coming up with random reasons to scumread" you, not that I'm defensive scum which implies that you think I'm town, but you have me voted which means otherwise.

This forms a contradiction.
.*. Music is scum. QED
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:14 am

InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:29 am

Post by InsidiousLemons »

Okay back now. Looking over oddmusic's ISO, you guys are right in that he's been quite noncommital, though I'd argue we're all a bit guilty of that, if not just me. However, one thing I did find interesting:

In post 153, oddmusic wrote:Responding (a bit) to eektor's scumread on me in .

I'll admit, I haven't been as active in this game as I'd like because I'm having trouble getting a feel for this game in particular. I'm not exactly sure what it is either.

And please, mention me, ask me questions! I need some way to get a foothold in this game.

Asks to be questioned and mentioned, citing lack of focus on the game. A bit flaky but we're only a few real life days into the game so nothing horribly out of the ordinary.

When attacked, immediately loses his head. This is like the mafia version of a temper tantrum, and even if Radiant's post was a bit confusing there's no real reason for him to become so aggressive so quickly. This instantaneous change from politeness to flippant rage at being attacked is fishy.
-----
Reading over mykonian's posts has been... strange. He's been playing , and I don't really get his reasons for keeping his vote on TheDude, especially while actively maintaining that it is indeed an RVS vote. This post in particular rubs me the wrong way, as it's such a change of pace from his normal posting style. I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I'll let the feel of the post speak for itself.:
In post 76, mykonian wrote:
In post 70, eektor wrote:
In post 68, mykonian wrote:
In post 64, TheDudeAbides wrote:I investigated Mykonian in pre-game and he is scum:
Vote: Mykyonian

counterclaim one shot pre-game cop. TheDudeisscum.

vote thedude

on a more serious note, I don't like eektor.

So you think I'm scummy but instead of voting for me, you chose to continue with an RVS vote?

You nailed it.

He's being very friendly but isn't really doing much of substance. He's mostly null for now, leaning scum.
-----
The last person I wanted to ISO, toolenduso, has had 3 posts so far, only one of which was post-RVS. That would explain my inability to get a read on him, and thus my motivation to ISO him. A bit of scumhunting in I guess, could definitely contribute more. I'd like to see how his play unfolds.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:39 am

And could you be trying any harder to come up with random reasons to scumread me?

You voted me, which theoretically means that you think I'm scum, but when I vote you back your first response is that I'm "coming up with random reasons to scumread" you, not that I'm defensive scum which implies that you think I'm town, but you have me voted which means otherwise.

.*. Music is scum. QED[/quote]
I have a feeling this is improper wording more than anything. A scumread doesn't necessarily come from town, it could be a fake scumread. This is a bad point IMO.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:40 am

^Messed up the quote tags, this was Radiant's post.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:33 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Vote Count 1.05 - up to post #165.

oddmusic[3]: eektor, RadiantCowbells, pisskop[L-4]
InsdiousLemons[2]: Aquanim, TheDudeAbides
Eektor[2]: Aeronaut, Elyse
TheDudeAbides[1]: mykonian
Taly[1]: Toolenduso
RadiantCowbells[1]: oddmusic

Not Voting[3]: Taly, Metalcyanide, InsidiousLemons

With 13 alive, it requires 7 votes to lynch.

Day ends on Monday, March 16th at 5:10 PM USA Mountain Time, or when a lynch occurs
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:36 am

VOTE: oddmusic
I meant to do that before at the end of my analysis post. Oddmusic is probable scum IMO.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:06 am

Post by Elyse »

@Mod
I'm voting eektor, not oddmusic.

Although I would be fine voting oddmusic at this point. His recent posts have been pretty scummy but I don't feel the need to expound upon them even more. I don't think he and eektor are scum together, though. Eektor brought up his name out of nowhere and started a wagon on him.
In post 151, eektor wrote:@Elyse If his vote wasn't RVS, I want to know why he's lying. Also, I've never even heard of a pre-game cop and I am doubtful that is normal.

Why do you think I'm scum?

He was clearly joking when he said that. You even asked if his vote was RVS or not. If you actually believed that it was possible he investigated mykonian pregame, you would have made a bigger stink over it and made him explain himself.

Then when he (again, jokingly) replies that his vote isn't RVS, you ask him seriously why he would unvote someone he knows to be scum. But then in your next post, which contains all your reads, you don't even mention TheDudeAbides.

It just doesn't seem like a logical thought process for town. To me, it seems like scum who is hesitant and unsure of how to deal with someone claiming things that you already know the answer to.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:07 am

Post by Elyse »

Oh and with regards to InsidiousLemons, at first I was unsure of his change in stance on metalcyanide. I didn't know if it was scum hopping off what he thought would be an easy mislynch after running into some trouble, or town who genuinely had a change of heart. His posts have made me think the latter.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:09 am

Post by mykonian »

In post 163, InsidiousLemons wrote:as it's such a change of pace from his normal posting style

Please educate me. You don't me that well from 3 posts.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
InsidiousLemons
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
InsidiousLemons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:29 am

In post 170, mykonian wrote:
In post 163, InsidiousLemons wrote:as it's such a change of pace from his normal posting style

Please educate me. You don't me that well from 3 posts.

You just normally seem so cheery and friendly, that to respond to an incredulous question like that without really divulging anything or even offering an explanation as to
why
you aren't divulging anything is in contrast to what I've seen of how you post from the brief time I've spent playing with you. I'm aware it's hard to tell tone in text, but it seemed as though you almost expected it to be a perfect, sufficient explanation. With that said, why
did
you keep your RVS vote?
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:55 am

Post by Aquanim »

I see where y'all be coming from on the Oddmusic tone read but I'm not quite sold. So far as I can tell Oddmusic has no completed games onsite so a bit of timidity is not entirely unexpected. (I'm not saying it makes him town, I'm saying it's believable from town.) RadiantCowbells' #154 and #155 were quite belligerent, and on that grounds I can kind of understand why oddmusic might have "overreacted" in #156. Considering that RadiantCowbells had likened Oddmusic's previous posting to a scumclaim I don't think #156 was a strawman at all.

In post 164, InsidiousLemons wrote:

.*. Music is scum. QED

I have a feeling this is improper wording more than anything. A scumread doesn't necessarily come from town, it could be a fake scumread. This is a bad point IMO.

In particular, I agree with this. "Coming up with random reasons to scumread" someone definitely reads to me as something I could and would say about a scum.

All in all I feel like RadiantCowbells in particular is reaching a bit to try to consolidate this read.

I prefer Aeronaut as a wagon and as a lynch, on the grounds that in ten posts so far he's done just about nothing.
UNVOTE: InsidiousLemons
VOTE: Aeronaut
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:57 am

Post by Aquanim »

EBWOP: Oddmusic might be scum but it's going to take more than a bunch of people jumping excitedly on his confession of confusion to convince me of that. If Aeronaut was town I strongly suspect he'd have done something useful by now.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:18 am

You're completely missing my point. It could come from scum but it's not something that's inherently scummy, and as music voted me and therefore considers me scum it seems improbable that their response would be so ambivalent as to whether I would be town or not.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”