Mini 1649: Jabberwocky Mafia (Game Over)

T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:58 am

Post by T S O »

In post 370, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 366, T S O wrote:This feels a little bit like WP panicking and trying to appear nonchalant and not quite pulling it off.

Can you expand on the panic part? How is misreading a post where I assumed he was going to Town claim, panicking?

It's because the post itself feels awkward and fake. You make bad jokes and add smilies in an attempt to seem playful. I read this as fake, because it is. I think scum are a lot more likely to fake nonchalance and easiness than town.

In post 366, T S O wrote:Yeah, this posts makes me feel openly paranoid of WP-scum.

At that moment in the game, I was openly paranoid of my Town reads. I'd
almost
guarantee some, if not all of the scums were taking a wait and see approach at the time.

And so, you tried to foster paranoia in the town instead. That's very pro-town play.

@ T S O
Did you read ? What is it about that makes you
mildly
uneasy? You called the vote in the post (171) the "shittiest ever" and " I want Brantz dead now." This doesn't seem to gel good with your other reads.

I have no idea how a Brantz scumread "doesn't gel good" with my other reads, seeing as I have been calling for his death since I started reading.

Did you read what I posted at all?

In post 368, T S O wrote:I also have yet to find a solid townread. This is not a good thing.

There's good reasons scum would say this. It's like saying "none of you are as Townie as me" with the added benefit of not having to give good reads. T S O's read's are superficial enough to look real, without adding anything new or shaking the boat much.

How is "I have no townreads" saying "I'm the most town player in the game"? How could you possibly make that connection when it doesn't exist?

In relation to my reads not "adding anything new", and you using this as a reason to call me scum - I should really make it clear to you how ridiculous a reason this is for scumreading me. Some of my reads aren't actually standard - Belisarius is not a common scumread, for example, as far as I can see.

In fact, in the exact same post, you went on to explain multiple reads you and I differed on - how can you reconcile saying "your reads are the same as everyone else - you're scum" with saying "I'm townreading loads of people you aren't - you're scum" ...?

In post 370, Witness Protection wrote:I'm Town reading Belisarius(whom T S O is scum reading) and VM (T S O is Town/scum reading this slot), and have a slight scum read on BRantz. T S O appears to Town read Elrirn up to his last post, then declares he doesn't trust him yet.

Then you should explain your reads, rather than pretend that it's a reason to call me scum. I outlined broadly posts I did not like by both these players. In comparison, you've shitposted and haven't done so.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:01 am

Post by goodmorning »

"You seem very clever at explaining words, Sir", said Alice. "Would you kindly tell me the meaning of the poem 'Jabberwocky'?"

Votecount 1.14
BRantz [L-3] - Valkyrie Mollie, hi im Yakko, Elbirn, T S O

TierShift [L-4] - Titus, AxleGreaser, BRantz
Valkyrie Mollie [L-4] - farside22, TierShift
Belisarius [L-6] - Seraphim
hi im Yakko [L-6] - Aeronaut
Aeronaut [L-6] - Belisarius
Seraphim [L-6] - Witness Protection

Not Voting [0] -

With 13 alive, it takes
to lynch. The day will end in (expired on 2015-03-10 20:00:00).

Elbirn, Axle, and Tier are V/LA.
EFFORT IS NOT INDICATIVE OF ALIGNMENT
LA during normal working and sleeping hours EST

Get to know a very pleasant AM.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:30 am

Post by Belisarius »

In post 374, T S O wrote:Your point about our reads usually being different doesn't do it for me. After a day or so? Perhaps. After 5 pages, most of them garbage? No.

So you're saying that in a high noise, low signal environment, our reads should somehow match, but they'd be different given more information, assuming we're both town. Stipulation rejected. We form reads differently, you and I, and using a disparity between our reads as the basis of a scumread makes about as much sense as using the average level of precipitation in Bishkek over the last 7 days to determine a player's alignment.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:33 am

Post by Titus »

Pretty sure Tier's scum now and he's doing the wagonlurk.

@TSO, I see what Brantz is posting as pretty town. There's a chance I townread his personality but I can understand alarm at immutable townreads 5 pages in. Even then, VM isn't 100% immutable in practice as either alignment so I shrug it off.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:28 am

Post by Witness Protection »

In post 366, T S O wrote:This makes me feel mildly uneasy, but I'm not really sure why.

Your posts are full of this kind of thing and you tell me I'm shit posting?

Let's just say, even if you're Town, I doubt we'll be agreeing on much. :igmeou:
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:39 am

Post by T S O »

In post 377, Belisarius wrote:
In post 374, T S O wrote:Your point about our reads usually being different doesn't do it for me. After a day or so? Perhaps. After 5 pages, most of them garbage? No.

So you're saying that in a high noise, low signal environment, our reads should somehow match, but they'd be different given more information, assuming we're both town. Stipulation rejected. We form reads differently, you and I, and using a disparity between our reads as the basis of a scumread makes about as much sense as using the average level of precipitation in Bishkek over the last 7 days to determine a player's alignment.

In a high noise, low signal environment, the lack of signal should mean our reads converge more closely. I am using signal as the basis for my reads - so the only way that our reads can differ is if you are using noise as the basis for yours, which is terrible play, or if you are interpreting the signal differently to me - which I find hard to understand, given how limited it is.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:40 am

Post by T S O »

In post 379, Witness Protection wrote:
In post 366, T S O wrote:This makes me feel mildly uneasy, but I'm not really sure why.

Your posts are full of this kind of thing and you tell me I'm shit posting?

Let's just say, even if you're Town, I doubt we'll be agreeing on much. :igmeou:

If we compare the ratio of shitposts of yours to mine, it will be at least 5:1. This isn't a conversation which you can win. It's also not a profitable conversation for me. Drop it and go be useful by explaining your reads.
-Marquis
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 8:22 am

@ TSO

Aeronaut- Has a lot of "crap posts" and his predecessor didn't look Town either. Probably scum.

Axlegreaser - His posts are "different", but I like where a lot of his questions go. Calling him Town.

Belisarius - Gut says Town. His posts look sincere, like he's puzzling it out.

BRantz - Was a gut scum read, downgraded to weak scum read. I'd vote here if none of the others have wagons.

Elbirn - Town read, asking good questions.

Farside Town read, aggravation reads real. Her prediction of Titus's play looks closer to this game than some of her other games too. I don't know how that affects my Titus read.

Hi im Yakko Weak Town read, waiting for more from this slot. He's voting BRantz.

Seraphim - Scum, completely ignoring the game. Lame excuses. Voting Belisarius as a gut vote.

T SO - Null, we disagree quite a bit. If that was all it took to scum hunt (looking for someone you disagree with), this game would be so much easier.

Tiershift - Lurking, I haven't seen him lurk before, that I remember. Possibly scum. I've seen scum take this approach, and I doubt it's an uncommon strategy.

Titus - I hope she's Town, I'm starting to have doubts though.

Valkyrie Mollie - Town. The push on BRantz looks real, I want more from GiF though. If my wagons aren't going anywhere, this is who I'd probably sheep.

Weak reads? Yeah. Shit reads? Probably.

Where I stand, right now? Yes.

Since you accuse me of being fake (scum), which read doesn't make sense from my point of view?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:29 am

Post by farside22 »

I agree that sera's lack of comments is troubling. I always scum read tier. I don't know what's going on or if he's scum but he for sure is a lot more quiet and mellow then I'm used to.
Mollie head is too quiet for me and some paranoia based on her reads.

Wp: can you explain the yakko town read?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:29 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Im sorry Guys, I'm going to have to request replacement.

Quite a few life things have come up so I need to replace out of some games. It's not really fair of me to keep prod dodging.

Very sorry GM, I hate doing this
2023 W/L | 1-0
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:19 pm

Policy lynching the one calling for a Policy lynch be damned! I think a lurker needs to go!

Vote Seraphim three times, we'll see if he shows up.

pedit Sorry to see you go, Aeronaut. Maybe we can play again later.
Witness Protection
Witness Protection
Goon
Witness Protection
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:22 pm

@ Farside He voted BRantz, had a reason. Other than that, wishful thinking.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:10 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 385, Witness Protection wrote:Policy lynching the one calling for a Policy lynch be damned! I think a lurker needs to go!

Vote Seraphim three times, we'll see if he shows up.

pedit Sorry to see you go, Aeronaut. Maybe we can play again later.

I'd love to play with you again~

As with the rest of you :S
2023 W/L | 1-0
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:20 pm

Post by Belisarius »

@TSO Or, as Occam's Razor would suggest, we differ on what statements are signal and which noise, and/or draw different conclusions from the same signal due to differing viewpoints.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:23 pm

Post by Belisarius »

Also, why is it significant that my reads differ from yours, but the same difference in every other player is irrelevant?

I see no scum motivation in that, but I'm curious as hell.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:38 pm

Post by BRantz »

So TSO your entire case for why I am scum is that I made a joke, and that you didn't like one of my votes? (which you then ignored the entire conversation between farside and I about the situation afterward). Color me unimpressed by your analysis.

Don't have time now, but will talk about all of my reads after I get out of class tomorrow.
Valkyrie Mollie
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Valkyrie Mollie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:44 pm

Post by Valkyrie Mollie »

I don't know why either since that's me trying to get the BRantz wagon grow bigger.

In post 366, T S O wrote:This does not - I'd like this explained further, thanks.

We thought you had a pr thus town <- you understood this part.
Because gm confirmed it <- This was us explaining that we believed you genuinely had a pr since mod responded to it.

In post 367, T S O wrote:This makes sense from a surface pov where I haven't looked at the interactions in-depth.

How sure are you on this?

She's very sure on that believe me considering half of time what she says to me is "my god she(far)'s such scum!"

In post 370, Witness Protection wrote:I'd like a Seraphim lynch Today, but it may be too late to start a wagon from scratch. Scratch that.

VOTE: Seraphim

If anyone's Town reading this slot, please, explain why.

That vote is justice and all that but why vote seraphim if you think it's too late to start a wagon on him?
In post 378, Titus wrote:Pretty sure Tier's scum now and he's doing the wagonlurk.

@TSO, I see what Brantz is posting as pretty town. There's a chance I townread his personality but I can understand alarm at immutable townreads 5 pages in. Even then, VM isn't 100% immutable in practice as either alignment so I shrug it off.

I know it was directed to TSO but I have a very hard time understanding what you're trying to say there. Must be my english eh? :P

In post 382, Witness Protection wrote:I want more from GiF though.

Hai

In post 383, farside22 wrote:I agree that sera's lack of comments is troubling.

This is what I told mollie in hydra chat before she made the "kill sera with fire" post.
I think his lurking is very similar to what he did in FG's forest fire game. Granted, I haven't seen him as town. But similarity is enough for me.
Belisarius
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Belisarius
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:50 pm

Post by Belisarius »

I'd still prefer an aeroslot lynch based on DDD's play but I'll settle for Sera out of utter disgust with the current leading wagons.

I'm also uneasy about WP but I might be misreading a legit townread as buddying, I seldom understand the reasons people have for town reading me. For preference, WP can wait until Aeroslot and Sera are dead.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:34 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 389, Belisarius wrote:Also, why is it significant that my reads differ from yours, but the same difference in every other player is irrelevant?

Yours were just the first person I noted as having markedly different reads from myself.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 387, Aeronaut wrote:As with the rest of you :S

Hitmen forever.

In post 390, BRantz wrote:So TSO your entire case for why I am scum is that I made a joke, and that you didn't like one of my votes? (which you then ignored the entire conversation between farside and I about the situation afterward). Color me unimpressed by your analysis.

I haven't made a "case" for why you're scum. I simply picked out occasional stuff I disliked from you in my catch-up. I couldn't quote everything - as it was, my walls were long enough. I feel no need to make a case on you because plenty of others are doing it for me.

In post 391, Valkyrie Mollie wrote:
In post 366, T S O wrote:This does not - I'd like this explained further, thanks.

We thought you had a pr thus town <- you understood this part.
Because gm confirmed it <- This was us explaining that we believed you genuinely had a pr since mod responded to it.

Do mods often respond to PR's? Can you or mollie show me instances where it's happened before?

In post 391, Valkyrie Mollie wrote:
In post 367, T S O wrote:This makes sense from a surface pov where I haven't looked at the interactions in-depth.

How sure are you on this?

She's very sure on that believe me considering half of time what she says to me is "my god she(far)'s such scum!"

Tell her the ship has began to sail - if she really believes far is scum and wants her lynched she needs a good case and she needs it soon.
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:41 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 378, Titus wrote:@TSO, I see what Brantz is posting as pretty town..

Then we need to discuss this, because I certainly don't.
-Marquis
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:17 am

Post by TierShift »

In post 382, Witness Protection wrote:Tiershift - Lurking, I haven't seen him lurk before, that I remember. Possibly scum. I've seen scum take this approach, and I doubt it's an uncommon strategy.

I've played with you?
AxleGreaser
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
AxleGreaser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:35 am

Post by AxleGreaser »

@hi im Yakko

In post 361, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 360, hi im Yakko wrote:catching up, ask me things. got some time.

I dont.

You are voting Brantz and were even before Tiers catchup.
Whats is your view of Tiers catchup posts?

Even though VM gave a view, I would still like to ask you for yours.
Spoiler:
VMs answer]
In post 362, Valkyrie Mollie wrote:
In post 361, AxleGreaser wrote:
In post 360, hi im Yakko wrote:catching up, ask me things. got some time.

I dont.

You are voting Brantz and were even before Tiers catchup.
Whats is your view of Tiers catchup posts?

we think tier is town. not that you were asking us or anything.

seraph if you do not do something amazing soon we are lynching you. unless I get pple to see the light wrt to far. like I just kinda wanna scream "go to the light my children! just go!" at this point.

I was sure I have a, VM level, followup question for VM, I will see if I can phrase (pars-ably) it tomorrow when i wake up.
TierShift
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
TierShift
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Mar 09, 2015 2:36 am

Post by TierShift »

This game needs a flip

Titus get your ass in here
goodmorning
goodmorning