Open 591: C9++, The Lunatic Ayslum (Game Over: Town Win!)

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:39 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

unvote

vote Reubus

my spidey sense is tingling.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:20 am

Post by Otolia »

@Reubus : Are you an alt ? If not, would you consider yourself newbie ? What are your experiences ?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:35 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Otolia, that's a very good point. Reubus talks about "last time" he saw it:
In post 123, Reubus Swagrid wrote:I do agree with you though the last time I was in a similar situation it ended up being a noob townie but that's just one occasion.

VOTE: Collatz

But if he's only played in two games before that's a deceiving statement.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 2:52 am

It would have been nice to see him answer the question BEFORE quoting his previous statement, Dark...you know to see if he is consistent.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 4:37 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

I also want to know why Rubeus thinks it's scummy, particularly since he seems to be shrugging off his own personal experience in favor of voting Collatz.
Collatz
Collatz
Townie
Collatz
Townie
Townie

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:17 am

Post by Collatz »

In post 108, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 81, Collatz wrote:(...) at the early stages of a game where there isn't much info I treated it as more of a scum move than town move.

Turns out, this (#91) is the first and only place he references voting me to gather information. I find it suspicious how related to my own talk of information gathering in #

Acutally, that is incorrect. In I make a reference and in and I say exactly that:

In post 91, Collatz wrote:used it as an oppurtunity to try and get some information early in the game.

In post 105, Collatz wrote:As I said before it was early in the game and I voted for him to get more information so I could make a proper decision.

As for me copying what you said in that is also not true.

In post 70, DarkLightA wrote:
I don't like Collatz' response to this though. I'm an obvious target because of my vote hopping, and he's taking full advantage of this to make a case against me without questioning whether it's actually a scumtell. What merit does vote hopping this early in the game have to scum that it doesn't have to town? What would make scum more inclined to vote hop than town? I don't know, and I don't think Collatz knows either. I think he's just looking for an easy way to seem pro-town.

Throughtout your entire ISO I can't find any mention of information gathering so could you link me to the post. Otherwise this argument here doesn't hold up.

In post 119, DarkLightA wrote:Essentially, Collatz is admitting that—in hindsight—my play wasn't particularly alignment indicative. What I'm trying to think through is whether a newer player would pick up on this in the initial stages of the game. Of course my play could have been seen as suspicious at first glance, especially in the early stages where not much else is going on. I'm thinking that newer-player-Collatz is more likely to have tried to exploit it for its suspicious look than actually challenging me due to him viewing me as scum.

I freely admit there is nothing alignment indicative in your vote hopping but it was early in the game (still RVS) and it confused me as to why you would do it. As I've said before I din't find it to be either a town move or scum move and so I treated it as a scum move and voted for you to put you under pressure and to get more information so I could get a better read. on you.

In post 108, DarkLightA wrote:Read through his iso and you'll find that he spent the beginning talking about how it was so scummy, bla bla bla.

If you read through my ISO you will find I didn't spend the beginning called you scum. I only actually said that you were really scummy at onence () and I did so because I voted for you in and 39 posts later you still hadn't responded to my vote and I thought outright stating I believed you to be scum would make you more likely to respond (and I was right).

In post 108, DarkLightA wrote:So by now we've established that Collatz doesn't know how my actions were scummy. Apparently his view is that town has a stronger desire to not stand out than scum. This is the opposite of what is actually (or should actually) be the case.

I'm gonna try and explain this but it probably wont come out right. Vote hopping is a suspicious and I believe town are more likely to want to avoid being suspicous than town are. Why? Because scum players only try to appear as town and if they are caught it doesn't matter to them as much because whilst they will be out the game they have not been unjustly lynched. If a town player was accused of being scum it would feel worse for them because they are being wrongly accused. Because a town player doesn't want to be wrongly accused I do believe they are less likely to do anything suspicous. Hopefully someone can follow my reasoning. If not I'll try again later. Or maybe my reasoning is completely wrong but it is still what I thought.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:19 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

^RE: the last paragraph

I can understand your reasoning of Town trying to not be suspicious, and it's probably true that most Townies think twice about something to make sure it's not taken the wrong way, but it's also more likely that Town will do something suspicious and not care than scum will because scum are the ones trying not to get caught, and are the ones who want to avoid attracting attention to themselves.

As far as Collatz goes, I think this is coming fro him being newer to online Mafia, and maybe even more specifically new to MS.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:51 am

Post by DarkLightA »

@Collatz, you make some fair points. Re: gathering information I see you mentioned it in #105 too. I missed that. I don't see how you talk about information gathering in #81 though.

This is what I meant by my gathering information. It's between the lines, but pretty clear:
In post 70, DarkLightA wrote:but I like to vote to test people, get used to it.

I see what you're saying about the town vs scum divide on suspicious behavior, but you're wrong (you'll usually be wrong anyway). But that's okay, it's a learning process. You'll find that scum in almost all cases have more to lose from a lynch than town, and thus will be more hesitant to stand out.

I don't like the new "information gathering" explanation you've come up with, especially seeing as it was only something that came out after you were put under considerable pressure. It seems like this is something you've made up retroactively rather than the initial intentions in your actions. That's okay, but I'd like you to be honest if that's the case, because it's not looking too good the way you're portraying it now.

Your posts are increasing giving off a feeling of willingness to cooperate though, which I find pleasing.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:58 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 46, mnemonicdevice wrote:I think I have played with only 2 of you before- Red Coyote and
Lucky2u
. In ongoing games with two of the others.

I am in the process of catching up but I had to stop and hate on this post for the gross misspelling of my name...

~~~I see no fault. :twisted: ~~~
Last edited by wgeurts on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:18 am

Post by mnemonicdevice »

Many apologies to you good knight.

~~~Thank you for being so kind to our resident hallucinant. These asylums house all sorts of strange people.~~~
Last edited by wgeurts on Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:36 am

Post by wgeurts »

Out of the kindness of my heart I've fixed that horrific spelling mistake. Am I not a generous God?
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:29 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 133, Lucky2u wrote:
In post 46, mnemonicdevice wrote:I think I have played with only 2 of you before- Red Coyote and
Lucky2u
. In ongoing games with two of the others.

I am in the process of catching up but I had to stop and hate on this post for the gross misspelling of my name...

~~~I see no fault. :twisted: ~~~

In post 134, mnemonicdevice wrote:Many apologies to you good knight.

~~~Thank you for being so kind to our resident hallucinant. These asylums house all sorts of strange people.~~~

In post 135, wgeurts wrote:
Out of the kindness of my heart I've fixed that horrific spelling mistake. Am I not a generous God?

This mod is truly a kind god...
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:32 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 122, Reubus Swagrid wrote:
In post 118, Otolia wrote:People who aren't voting right now, why ?

Those are just the latecomers+ Innocent child but your question is just as valid as ever, why haven't they got around to it? (minus IC that is)

Is the implication that as the IC I can decide to not vote but other players have to so that they show their motives? Clearly since the only confirmed town player is doing something, the behavior can't be seen as too suspicious.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:34 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Spoiler:
In post 130, Collatz wrote:
In post 108, DarkLightA wrote:
In post 81, Collatz wrote:(...) at the early stages of a game where there isn't much info I treated it as more of a scum move than town move.

Turns out, this (#91) is the first and only place he references voting me to gather information. I find it suspicious how related to my own talk of information gathering in #

Acutally, that is incorrect. In I make a reference and in and I say exactly that:

In post 91, Collatz wrote:used it as an oppurtunity to try and get some information early in the game.

In post 105, Collatz wrote:As I said before it was early in the game and I voted for him to get more information so I could make a proper decision.

As for me copying what you said in that is also not true.

In post 70, DarkLightA wrote:
I don't like Collatz' response to this though. I'm an obvious target because of my vote hopping, and he's taking full advantage of this to make a case against me without questioning whether it's actually a scumtell. What merit does vote hopping this early in the game have to scum that it doesn't have to town? What would make scum more inclined to vote hop than town? I don't know, and I don't think Collatz knows either. I think he's just looking for an easy way to seem pro-town.

Throughtout your entire ISO I can't find any mention of information gathering so could you link me to the post. Otherwise this argument here doesn't hold up.

In post 119, DarkLightA wrote:Essentially, Collatz is admitting that—in hindsight—my play wasn't particularly alignment indicative. What I'm trying to think through is whether a newer player would pick up on this in the initial stages of the game. Of course my play could have been seen as suspicious at first glance, especially in the early stages where not much else is going on. I'm thinking that newer-player-Collatz is more likely to have tried to exploit it for its suspicious look than actually challenging me due to him viewing me as scum.

I freely admit there is nothing alignment indicative in your vote hopping but it was early in the game (still RVS) and it confused me as to why you would do it. As I've said before I din't find it to be either a town move or scum move and so I treated it as a scum move and voted for you to put you under pressure and to get more information so I could get a better read. on you.

In post 108, DarkLightA wrote:Read through his iso and you'll find that he spent the beginning talking about how it was so scummy, bla bla bla.

If you read through my ISO you will find I didn't spend the beginning called you scum. I only actually said that you were really scummy at onence () and I did so because I voted for you in and 39 posts later you still hadn't responded to my vote and I thought outright stating I believed you to be scum would make you more likely to respond (and I was right).

In post 108, DarkLightA wrote:So by now we've established that Collatz doesn't know how my actions were scummy. Apparently his view is that town has a stronger desire to not stand out than scum. This is the opposite of what is actually (or should actually) be the case.

I'm gonna try and explain this but it probably wont come out right. Vote hopping is a suspicious and I believe town are more likely to want to avoid being suspicous than town are. Why? Because scum players only try to appear as town and if they are caught it doesn't matter to them as much because whilst they will be out the game they have not been unjustly lynched. If a town player was accused of being scum it would feel worse for them because they are being wrongly accused. Because a town player doesn't want to be wrongly accused I do believe they are less likely to do anything suspicous. Hopefully someone can follow my reasoning. If not I'll try again later. Or maybe my reasoning is completely wrong but it is still what I thought.

I am for a town collatz. I think it's pretty clear that his behavior thus far has been growing pains of joining this SPECIFIC online mafia community. Those of you who have played off this site or IRL should know that this game can be very different depending on who and where you play it. (On a side note, playing it drunk at a Con is probably the best way to play it IRL)
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 10:35 am

Post by Lucky2u »

VOTE: Darklight
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:11 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Care to shed some light?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:13 am

Post by Lucky2u »

That kind of goes against your name doesn't it?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:15 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Fair point.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:21 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I am voting you because I find you the most scummy of the players in the game so far. Does that better answer your question?
Otolia
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Otolia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Otolia »

Considering Collatz qualifies as a MS newbie, one could argue that DarkLightA is grasping at anything he can. I've got nothing better to do with my vote so VOTE: DarkLightA
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:52 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Otolia, why haven't you come up with anything productive so far? You've asked questions and made empty statements.
In post 144, Otolia wrote:(...)one could argue (...) I've got nothing better to do with my vote (...)

Why the distancing from the vote? Do you not stand by your actions?
Reubus Swagrid
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Reubus Swagrid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:38 pm

Post by Reubus Swagrid »

In post 126, Otolia wrote:@Reubus : Are you an alt ? If not, would you consider yourself newbie ? What are your experiences ?

Unfornunately no, I'm new. I would definitely consider myself newbie, I've played a little outside MS. It would seem testing other people's reactions has earned me a few votes. *adding to reads ensue
UNVOTE: Collatz

Considering I haven't played all that many games my last game generally can't be a basis for how my next few games play out
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:44 pm

In post 146, Reubus Swagrid wrote: It would seem testing other people's reactions has earned me a few votes.

what post EXACTLY were you trying to gauge people's reactions?

I have voted you, thoughts on me, now?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:44 pm

more tingle.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:46 pm

In post 144, Otolia wrote:Considering Collatz qualifies as a MS newbie, one could argue that DarkLightA is grasping at anything he can. I've got nothing better to do with my vote so VOTE: DarkLightA

what post do you feel like Dark is "grasping" at straws?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Open Games”