Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1699, Gorkington wrote:
Sakura wrote:Speaking of reads, im currenty town reading antihero due to his setup spec debate actually, his annoyance seems legit if he's town due to the hated claim (I have meta reasons for townreading him too but i'll leave that on the table for now as it'd be better to see who actually scumreads him).
Isn't this her reading him?

Are you playing dumb or do you actually need me to describe the difference between reading posts while actually offering reads or, as scum tend to do to scumbuddies, offering reads without actually reading posts.

I will agree that she used the word 'read' there?

In post 1699, Gorkington wrote:
Thor wrote:I dunno why you're pointing out something like that wherein you must know my answer is *snarl*.
I'm trying to see if your reasoning for scumreading elusive would extend over to MD for doing something similar. Obviously it's to a lesser extent, but I think parallels can be drawn, yes?

To be frank, you made me weigh in prior to the ability to tell that information clearly.
I am not going to explain the path at this point - but if you go back and look at the Elusive thing and note the point I started to use the word scum you can probably spot at least one difference.
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:37 am

Post by Gorkington »

Glad to know that Thor's general MO for the rest of this game is going to just be "I'm going to shit on you if you try and interact with me ever".
Will save myself some grief in the future by just naked voting you if I think you're scum and ignoring you if I think you're town.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:45 am

Post by pisskop »

heh.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:47 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1701, Gorkington wrote:Glad to know that Thor's general MO for the rest of this game is going to just be "I'm going to Smurf on you if you try and interact with me ever".
Will save myself some grief in the future by just naked voting you if I think you're scum and ignoring you if I think you're town.

What other answer do you need, exactly?
I was being fairly explicit and open in my responses - and feel I conveyed my stance quite clearly.

I really don't need this "shut down as a solution" strategy tossed in my face every third game day.
I think your questions were a little silly - but I answered them. What the hell else do you expect or want from a player?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

I mean, seriously - I had up to this point quite specifically been noting that Sakura wasn't "reading" Anti-hero and, feel, that what I meant was that she had not *read his posts*.

You then challenge me about her offering a town read on him (which has nothing to do with what I've been saying about her) qualifies as her reading him.

I mean...the heck? Yeah, it's the word read, but it has nothing to do with what I've been talking about. Which means either you're playing dumb, or I've been grossly incapable of communicating what I think I'm communicating to the game. Since I had *just* indicated that she had been "reading my posts and not reading Anti's posts" I felt annoyed because, in my answer that you're replying to I FELT I HAD MADE MY MEANING OF THE WORD READ CLEAR.

You then asked that question...

And then I'm a dick for getting testy about it.

Yeah, maybe I'm too tense, but come the hell on - you knew what I meant, right?
Why did you ask that question - you had to know that wasn't the "read" I meant when I said "read".
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:00 am

Post by Gorkington »

Just annoyed that it feels like you're treating me like I'm stupid when I'm trying to get a read on you and getting what feels like abuse over it just makes me want to give up on trying. You're right that I was mainly trying to get a fuller picture of what you're currently thinking right now/I was trying to clarify whether your stance on Anti had significant substance behind it or not.
Bleh.
I shouldn't post when I'm in a bad mood.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:18 am

Post by ika »

In post 1705, Gorkington wrote:I shouldn't post when I'm in a bad mood.

i think that could be applies to thor a lot more. it sounds like hes cranky
Gorkington
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Gorkington
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:25 am

Post by Gorkington »

Whatevs.
I don't think this conversation is productive.
ika, what do you think of anti right now? Why aren't you voting anyone, sir?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:30 am

Post by ika »

In post 1707, Gorkington wrote:Whatevs.
I don't think this conversation is productive.
ika, what do you think of anti right now? Why aren't you voting anyone, sir?

dont care about him

im not voting cus i dont care to have my vote around for anyone. maybe when someone gets to l-1 ill consider
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:51 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1705, Gorkington wrote:Just annoyed that it feels like you're treating me like I'm stupid when I'm trying to get a read on you and getting what feels like abuse over it just makes me want to give up on trying.

To be honest I don't think I'm treating you like you're stupid - or, at least to clarify, my rage is based on a concept that you're not stupid and are jerking me around for reasons that escape me. Most of my frustration with this game is predicated on a concept that people *could* play better and are *choosing* not to. So, in a very awkward way, I'll argue that I'm actually trying to compliment everyone.

That said, yes, I am assuredly using a lot of harsh language about it.

That said - take a look at this game, the deadline, and what is going on.
We are in a shut down morass - with no one talking to anyone - and are wasting a MASSIVE amount of time via people either not doing anything (like, for instance, NS's or Anti's useless backsides, or, frankly, Ika of late - who is just needling me in his posts as opposed to playing the game) or we have people wasting time by asking people to explain/link things that have been explained/linked multiple times (just as an example, and it's not the only one, my running gag of linking me linking a case in a link when people ask what the case I have on Elusive is...while other people are saying I'm spending *too much time* focused on that case...like, clearly at least half that equation is clearly crazy sauce or isn't reading the fething game).

Is my rage the best solution to the issue?
I dunno - maybe not, because I will admit all it tends to seem to do is get people offended that I am suggesting "not reading the game" is bad play. (and...seriously, WHAT?)
But I have tried the "be friendly, say nothing" method before - and it also does nothing at all while leaving me seething inside.
So I find the outbursts help *ME* play better - and seem to do nothing to make the crud play of the rest of the game worse.
Therefore I've chosen that as my coping method.
If you have an alternate or better solution I would be THRILLED to entertain it. But I haven't figured it out yet.

As to the game state - it is slurp and empty at the moment. Really, we should have done an L-1 claim *DAYS* ago, but this town can't seem to pull that together for some reason.
Like, seriously - explain, defend, and push the case on Mneumonic beyond empty repetition.
Or, respond and get behind a case that is being pushed with a case (like mine on Anti, or mine on Elusive)
Or create a new case - and push *that* effectively, like...well...like I don't think anyone is really doing right now...I dunno, maybe the push on Oka...sorta? I'm not actually against that case because I can at least agree he's useless, but it's being pushed on the concept of "useless" which is not really a tasty case regardless, but...meh.

I dunno -do you see something happening that is valid that I'm overlooking?
Do you have an interesting push we should get on?
Do you honestly have such disagreement with my cases you can't push them to claim "just to see"
Do you have a case you'd like to push to claim and can describe a case that isn't "dey sucxxors!" as the basis of it (and if so, why haven't you been pushing it five days ago?).

All I really want is for people who are not reading, and not pushing to stop whining when I call that bad play.
Either explain how it's good play.
Or, believe in your head that it's good play, and don't feel a need to explain that I'm wrong.
Hell - sit around and describe how pushing play (which I assuredly do) is "bad" and at least that's a stance.

But this game is quicksand.
It is ugly, derp quicksand that is killing town momentum.
I really think we need a push, we need people to say "I like this wagon" we need votes to move and we need a claim and we needed it three days ago.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:58 am

Post by ika »

thor let em take a page from you on what you shout at everyone: just repalce out

if all you are going to do is bitch at people that they /could/ play better (im just lazy to play better) then your not really progressing the game state and more or less making people feel even more demotivated to play (cus thats what its doing to me as well, you yelling and stupid shit is just wanting me to even post less). have you ever considered that we are content with how we play right now? or that some of us dont like to put foward effort to only see it go to waste?

like do you realize that your constant complainign abotu gamestate and players is really one of the reaosns why im actualy avoiding the thread?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:00 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1645, The Bulge wrote:
Votecount 2.5

notscience (2) -
mnemonicdevice, TheFuzzylogic99
Antihero (4) -
Thor665, ika, elusive, Gorkington
Boonskiies (0) -

TheFuzzylogic99 (0) -

copper223 (1) -
droog
elusive (0) -

Flubbernugget (0) -

Gorkington (0) -

ika (0) -

droog (0) -

Marquis (0) -

OkaPoka (0) -

mnemonicdevice (7) -
Flubbernugget, notscience, copper223, Seohyun, Marquis, pisskop, OkaPoka
pisskop (0) -

Seohyun (1) -
Antihero
Thor665 (1) -
ZZZX
Varsoon (0) -

ZZZX (0) -

Not Voting -
Boonskiies, Varsoon

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch.

Deadline in (expired on 2015-04-02 19:15:00) (April 2nd).

Like, here's th emost recent votecount.
I do know that the Anti wagon just went +2 from some people (I forget whom already and don't think it's worth going back to look)
But what is this?

We have 2 people failing at life and not voting. Gosh - thanks guys.
We have 3 other people voting non wagons (oh, though one is ZZZX who did just hop on Anti...and dear gawd, good luck tracking his thought process if that's a town one)
Droog is actually acting *proud* of his useless vote.
Anti has gone silent running on his non-vote.
Then we have the biggest wagon in the game (ooooh, 7 votes! [probably 6 now...was copper the other move? I think copper was the other Anti move.])

I have BEEN ASKING FOR DAYS to have the wagon explained to me.
No one is doing it.
What is that?

When people ask me about my wagon, I make fun of them - but I link it.
When they say they don't understand I ASK THEM WHAT IS IT THAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND AND OFFER TO EXPLAIN IT.

Why is NO ONE doing that for the Mneumonic wagon?
Seriously.

That is not how you push a wagon.
There is a reason the Anti wagon is growing, it's because I am pushing it and am stating the case, and am pointing out questionable things Anti is doing.
It's not even like I town read Mneumonic - if I could just pop him from "meh" to "scum" I'd hop on and push that wagon - but literally no one seems to give a damn.

Deadline is in 7 days and we haven't even got a claim yet.

How long would people like to have to think of a potntial second wagon if we like the claim?

This is Mafia 101.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:01 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1710, ika wrote:thor let em take a page from you on what you shout at everyone: just repalce out

if all you are going to do is bitch at people that they /could/ play better (im just lazy to play better) then your not really progressing the game state and more or less making people feel even more demotivated to play (cus thats what its doing to me as well, you yelling and stupid shit is just wanting me to even post less). have you ever considered that we are content with how we play right now? or that some of us dont like to put foward effort to only see it go to waste?

like do you realize that your constant complainign abotu gamestate and players is really one of the reaosns why im actualy avoiding the thread?

This is insanity in post form.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Thor665 »

"Thor saying people not reading the thread are bad players is so upsetting to me I'm going to not read the thread....except to read Thor's posts and complain that they make me not want to read the thread"

What?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:03 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Ika - seriously - do you take personal offense that I think players who don't read the game are bad players?
Like - do you think that's a *good* playstyle?
Do you use that playstyle?

Because if you don't...why does it offend you?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:32 am

Post by ika »

In post 1714, Thor665 wrote:@Ika - seriously - do you take personal offense that I think players who don't read the game are bad players?
Like - do you think that's a *good* playstyle?
Do you use that playstyle?

Because if you don't...why does it offend you?

do i find it personaly insulting? no
do i find it highly demotivating? yes

yes i find it good cus i use it a lot and it has done me much more help vs me rereading crap.

again this is jsut going to boil down to an agree to disagree:

you think its bad, i think its not

i think your constant complaing about players not reading is making the game a negative atmosphere and makign the game more sloggy with your constant complaing about playstyles when its much better suited for a MD thread.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:14 am

Post by TheFuzzylogic99 »

Seriously can we burn NS with fire. He is scum. If he flips town you can quick lynch me tomorrow.I dont care. I am coonfident in my read .He seems pretty active in the other game he is in. He is only posting a little bit more but those post are alot better than anything he has poasted today, He is lurking and lurking on purpose. His interaction with Sakura heavily points to scum imho!

Thor stop trying to be insulting and intimidating and work harder to push your Anti case instead of acting the way you are. You are likely town but you are acting very anti town at the moment
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:22 am

Thor
What do you think of NS? Is he high or low on your scum reads??? I will vote Anti if you help me lynch NS tomorrow. I am hating the MD case and you made a decent case for a Sakura/ Anti connection. I think MD is likely town so I want to move my vote where ther is likely to hit scum.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:25 am

Actually.. forget that.... NS is scum He needs to die. I am not moving my vote.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:24 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1715, ika wrote:do i find it personaly insulting? no
do i find it highly demotivating? yes

So it demotivates you to have someone say that other players should read the game?
:neutral:

Other players should also be able to describe cases, explain their thoughts, and vote who they think is scum.
Demotivation!

In post 1715, ika wrote:yes i find it good cus i use it a lot and it has done me much more help vs me rereading crap.

Reading and rereading are two different things - did you mean what you wrote?
Because I actually don't advocate rereading the entire thread - that's crazy talk.

In post 1715, ika wrote:you think its bad, i think its not

Yes, I do think it's bad if players don't read the game. I think those players are terrible and shouldn't play the game, since the game is based on "knowing what is happening".

In post 1715, ika wrote:i think your constant complaing about players not reading is making the game a negative atmosphere and makign the game more sloggy with your constant complaing about playstyles when its much better suited for a MD thread.

An MD thread of "should players read the game" would be the most laughably silly MD thread in existence.
I am actually tempted to make one now.

In post 1716, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Thor stop trying to be insulting and intimidating and work harder to push your Anti case instead of acting the way you are. You are likely town but you are acting very anti town at the moment

You are aware that I'm the only person still actively pushing a lynch and that the Anti wagon is currently growing, right?

In post 1717, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Thor
What do you think of NS? Is he high or low on your scum reads??? I will vote Anti if you help me lynch NS tomorrow. I am hating the MD case and you made a decent case for a Sakura/ Anti connection. I think MD is likely town so I want to move my vote where ther is likely to hit scum.

I find the NS case, as I've said, to be based on "he suxxors".
I can agree with that.
I just don't think he is alone in that - and at that stage...well, Anti suxxors too - he's been dodging the thread for days now.
And, in a vague sense, I might argue that is worse because he at least appeared to understand how to play the game prior to that - NS...maybe not so much.
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:18 am

Huh...so you are the only one actually helping the town right?? The others are just sitting on thier hands I guess, This is a silly overstatement as I am pushing for a NS lynch as you are pushing for a Anti lynch. You are acting like an egomaniac
what is a suxxor. never heard of tat term
What is worse about Antis dodges as oppose to NS???
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:19 am

what makes you think Anti should know better more than NS should know better??
TheFuzzylogic99
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
TheFuzzylogic99
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:25 am

What do you mean we need a claim? are you saying we need to force a claim by quick wagon?????
mnemonicdevice
mnemonicdevice
Goon
mnemonicdevice
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by mnemonicdevice »

So btw all, the VC apparently don't include a majority of the votes that actually happened. I guess that analysis was useless.
copper223
copper223
Jack of All Trades
copper223
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:19 pm

Post by copper223 »

In post 1723, mnemonicdevice wrote:So btw all, the VC apparently don't include a majority of the votes that actually happened. I guess that analysis was useless.

So if I were to use VC's only I would get your list?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”