Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:46 am

Post by Titus »

I'm rather surprised Gamma didn't develop new reads in the past oh 200ish posts.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 692, Tammy wrote:Like it baffles my mind and you are never ever ever allowed to make that smug claim that people should hang up their shoes and go home or that DV should hang up the banner again. That is nothing you're allowed to say ever again.

Tammy, I appreciate the sentiment, but I took that comment from Empire as pretty light-hearted banter and not something very serious. It sort of matches my expectation of both him and Regfan (who I sort of consider the same person in my head even though I've met one of them which doesn't make any sense but whatever) and is definitely something I could see either of them saying and I'm ok with that. To me it feels completely different from what Bulbazak's approach to me was, but I think I'm going to be stalling making a decision on both reads until Major Day.

In post 717, GuyInFreezer wrote:
In post 658, Shadoweh wrote:
Bane: Bulbazak

Hey Bulba. Why are you picking a fight with Deasvail if you think he's one of the most obvtown players in the game?

:neutral:

What was your problem with this? I more specifically had a problem with exactly how much effort he was putting into making me realise that my read on him was flawed, but it was the same kind of thing.

In post 883, Titus wrote:Hey, I'd love your thoughts... but please avoid emotion land if you can.

Emotion land is the happiest place on Earth!

In post 941, Tammy wrote:Also whoever gets informed of being protected probably shouldn't out it unless it becomes necessary

This was a recent thought of mine as well.

In post 972, Espeonage wrote:You self voting is a really bad sign though.

Why?

In post 995, Gammagooey wrote:
Gammagooey wrote:
I think we might want to have 2-3 people we think are scummy say that they're detecting tonight to try to find Viktor- since traces always come up null for him we can start clearing people of being Viktor on a successful trace -
I'm a bit wary of saying that we should immediately lynch someone tomorrow if they come up with a couple of trace fails in case scum have something that would make traces fail on other people but we can at least start clearing people of being Viktor in case he/she's wound up as one of the stronger players on their team and doesn't get lynched for a while.

I don't want volunteers for this by the way. It needs to be at least a few people coming to a consensus on scummy people for it to have a chance to actually hit Viktor, not people volunteering to get cleared of being him.

I'm going to finish reading the thread, and then decide what I think of this. I'm still not sure how worth it it is.

In post 1012, Empire wrote:Like, I'm starting to wonder if I'm just being bad or something because it seems like everyone (including apparently at least one of my teammates) think Mr. Boring Quote Strip Guy is plainly scum.

I'm going to reassess at some point, but my conclusion may very well still end up being scum.

In post 1018, Empire wrote:Tammy and/or DV, do you think this CDB sounds like CDB in The Wire?

I will get to this, but not yet. Sorry about the delay.

In post 1031, ChannelDelibird wrote:I can understand you reaching for this if we haven't played together since then, but that game feels like a very long time ago. Pretty sure both of those people have more recent experience with me.

I'm not sure that I do, honestly.

---

Regarding boon, I'm pretty underwhelmed by it honestly. The main thing I'm thinking is that there's no way I want scum getting it because as if we're going to make their job any easier for them. And because of this, I would be ok with getting it, but I also believe that there is potentially someone else who would benefit more from it than I would (who's not scum). As it stands, I would only be comfortable giving it to myself or a strong townread, and these are currently limited to Tammy and Marquis, although while I have finished reading the thread, I haven't put a great deal of thought into my reads yet, so there could be more after I do that. TSO and Vezok are potential contenders.

I'm still not sure whether I'll post a big reads list or keep it quiet, but I'll be back with more thoughts soon enough.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:08 pm

Post by Titus »

If emotion is disney land (the happiest place on earth), lord help us all. Disneyland is nothing more than an overcommericalized of cramped sweaty people desperate to pretend they have a normal youth or people trying to recapture it through their kids.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:12 pm

Post by Espeonage »

In post 998, fferyllt wrote:
In post 975, GuyInFreezer wrote:fery is a VT so there's nothing she can do by detecting sign. Tammy is my next-in-line townread.

I don't think I can be given a boon. and I'm sure I can't use one. I'm essentially a treestump.

I'm not liking Espe much at all.

Anything I can do to help?
Don't @ me.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:13 pm

Post by DeasVail »

While I don't think there is anything wrong with recapturing one's youth, or even being youthful in the face of a society that looks down on such a thing, my point is that emotion land is superior.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:32 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 29 (Minor Day 1, VC 29)

Boon:
This Minor Night, in addition to using a Minor Night action, target player may learn the Sign of any other player. This does not interact with any abilities in any way.

(1)
Marquis:
Marquis [L-9]
(1)
Tammy:
GuyInFreezer [L-9]
(1)
vezokpiraka:
Gammagooey [L-9]

(16)
No Boon Vote:
ActionDan, Aronis, Bulbazak, ChannelDelibird, Cheetory6, DeasVail, Empire, Espeonage, mastin2, Shadoweh, Tammy, TellTaleHeart, Titus, T S O, Untrod Tripod, vezokpiraka

With 19 votes in play, it takes 10 to Boon. Deadline is Sunday, April 5th at 9 PM CST.

Minor Day One Deadline(expired on 2015-04-05 21:00:00)

ActionDan has been prodded.
Last edited by hitogoroshi on Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

What was your problem with this? I more specifically had a problem with exactly how much effort he was putting into making me realise that my read on him was flawed, but it was the same kind of thing.

It just pinged. If Shadoweh wasn't scumreading bulba up to that post I might pretend that I'm actually on to something and say that it's a weird reason to scumread bulba for. But I haven't really paid attention to her post since my initial iso.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:02 pm

Post by GuyInFreezer »

Also ika wants to say that if anyone wants his input make it apparent so.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:53 pm

Post by T S O »

Boon: TSO
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:04 pm

Post by T S O »

Actually, I think there's mild merit in gifting the Boon to me rather than someone like Tammy. The action, if it's given to town, will mildly incentivize the nightkill of the person it's given to. If we're gifting it to someone like Tammy, it's relatively likely she'll be removed early-game by scum and the information will die. Yeah, crumbing is a thing, but scum will scour her posts just like us and either neither of us get it, making it worthless, or both of us get it, which is still essentially worthless.

Large as my ego is, I don't think I'm a particularly prime nightkill target Major n1 this game, so it increases the chances of that information hanging around until late-game, where it'll hopefully be at its most useful. Even if you don't trust in my ability to use it well (and you should!) you should definitely trust in the ability of my teammembers in Cabd, Kagami and Aeronaut to do so.

This is assuming it's optimal to not reveal the result for a potential ace-in-the-hole lategame, which I'm assuming is true - if the purpose of this boon is just to blare out your result once we hit Major Day 1, I don't care if I get it or not. In fact, if this is the case, and I strongly hope it isn't, we shouldn't really be wasting time discussing who gets it as long as they're a relatively strong townread.
"i have the sickest grossest feeling that even if it's my lynch today, my townflip still won't lead to a tso lynch, and then he'll find some bullshit way to reason either shooting or lynching gm tomorrow because if there's anyone who can strongarm a mislynch despite his reads or cases being proved wrong time and again it's tso"
-Marquis
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by Marquis »

Re: , Sotty hasn't had time to read much less understand anything yet so Tammy will have to wait until the weekend if at all! Also she says Tammy's probably scum so don't count on it!
link in bio
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:29 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

If we're letting ffery choose who gets the boon we should stop talking about our personal merits in receiving it.
On the one hand that Tammy shaped basket has a lot of eggs in it already. On the other hand we're guarenteed in triplicate to have a doctor on board so etc
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:32 pm

Post by T S O »

There's no harm in explaining the relative merits of it while ffery makes up her mind.
-Marquis
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:36 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

There is, actually. For example, the part where Espeonage claimed VT, presumably because he thought he had too much of a chance of being nightkilled. I would say your post on it increased my townread of you but the extended family of We Need a Better Name was already hardtown reading you so. <_<
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1063, Shadoweh wrote:There is, actually. For example, the part where Espeonage claimed VT, presumably because he thought he had too much of a chance of being nightkilled. I would say your post on it increased my townread of you but the extended family of We Need a Better Name was already hardtown reading you so. <_<

Espeonage would never consider himself a high nightkill target.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1060, Marquis wrote:Re: , Sotty hasn't had time to read much less understand anything yet so Tammy will have to wait until the weekend if at all! Also she says Tammy's probably scum so don't count on it!

How could she think I'm scum if she hasn't had the time to read?

Also, way way more interested in what zach would say about me.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:45 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1053, Espeonage wrote:
In post 975, GuyInFreezer wrote:fery is a VT so there's nothing she can do by detecting sign. Tammy is my next-in-line townread.

I don't think I can be given a boon. and I'm sure I can't use one. I'm essentially a treestump.

Did you answer my question earlier? I looked back and it looks like you ignored it. I'll post it again for you when I'm done catching up cuz style.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:50 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1008, Empire wrote:
Tammy Re: #851:

1) Yeah, I forgot to mention the dissertation stuff in that post you're responding to because I was a zombie yesterday, sorry :/ I guess part of it is that I don't really remember playing with you in a super mechanically complex set-up (correct me if I'm wrong) since I tend to avoid heavy mechanics like the plague so I'm not really used to heavy mechanics talk from you.

Marketplace III
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 1063, Shadoweh wrote:There is, actually. For example, the part where Espeonage claimed VT, presumably because he thought he had too much of a chance of being nightkilled. I would say your post on it increased my townread of you but the extended family of We Need a Better Name was already hardtown reading you so. <_<

I guess I have faith in people to be careful about the implications of what they say. Scum are very free to speculate on what I am based on my post but will probably get it wrong no matter what.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:52 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1053, Espeonage wrote:

If I tell you what you can do to help it doesn't count.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

In post 1063, Shadoweh wrote:extended family

interesting (though not really relevant to anything) that you used this word. I've been talking about extended families to Nacho wrt these games.

Idic
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:09 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1008, Empire wrote:
Tammy Re: #851:

Unfortunately, Regfan told me work was miserable for him last night and that he couldn't focus on my game so you're not getting anything from him yet. I'll take the wheel and try to respond with my own points.

2) I think Regfan and I are using the word discredit differently in this game. When I say discredit, I mean putting down/belittling the credibility of the other slot via insults/calling them bad or crazy/etc. The reason that point resonated with me is that I felt that potential scum would try and cast suspicion on Zar and try to "discredit" him because he's tough to read (especially on Day 1) and our team owns. I also felt like you would know our team would try and pool all of our tokens to Regfan/me so the idea that Zar would take even one was weird. I'm willing to chalk that up to simple paranoia though or you trying to go through your scumhunting methodology.

3) What happened with the Nacho thing, at least on my end, was literal sheer panic. That team is strong and I love playing with (most of) them so when I saw Nacho's post, I literally freaked the fuck out because I was certain we were going to lose that slot. I didn't consider some sort of alternative where ffery's slot got to stay in the game, so it wasn't just a simple mistake to me but a potential game changer. And we were surprised when you seemed to non-chalant about it.

Continuing with the ketchup.

2). I don't think it's fair to get after me for not knowing how you guys would use tokens. Yes, yu guys like town, but he likes scum. Why do you think I would assume you guys wouldn't distribute them fairly?

And why is it me belittling zar by saying thT I could see him taking a token when in Zara very first post he was talking about you guys' theory on espy putting tokens on scum? Why's am I belittling/discrediting/smearing for
Voicing my thoughts about Zara potential to get a scum token when it's purely innocent scum hunting for you to voice The same exact thing?

3). i just really don't get how any od this makes me scum. i don't get why I was supposed to have a reaction I can't imagine me having. Nacho made an honest mistake, which he probably kicked himself for when he realized it. You're acting like I was supposed to yell at him for making a mistake in a game.

I just feel like these points against me are fluffy and not alignment indicative at all and ignore what I actually put into the thread.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:17 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1018, Empire wrote:Tammy and/or DV, do you think this CDB sounds like CDB in The Wire?

I have no idea what you're asking me. All I rmember with regards to Cdb that game was that I was convinced he was scum day one, he made me laugh by saying he was British when someone asked him why he seemed muted or something, we almost lynhced him but he self metad and it sounded really I then town read him and then he got mislynched anyway. I could be confusing him with the minilibrarian though.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:20 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 977, Tammy wrote:Why would I be a bad pick even if you were town reading.

And why would the town need to recover from correctly town reading me?

Don't understand you.

ESPEONAGE
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 991, Gammagooey wrote:also

I think we might want to have 2-3 people we think are scummy say that they're detecting tonight to try to find Viktor- since traces always come up null for him we can start clearing people of being Viktor on a successful trace - I'm a bit wary of saying that we should immediately lynch someone tomorrow if they come up with a couple of trace fails in case scum have something that would make traces fail on other people but we can at least start clearing people of being Viktor in case he/she's wound up as one of the stronger players on their team and doesn't get lynched for a while.

Not only that but trace itself is built in with its own limitations, though a successful trace would negate victor, but not mafia.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”