Mini 1651: One Flew Over The Monkey's Nest(Scum Wins!)

Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1575 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:56 am

Post by Elyse »

@Aqua
I'm having trouble understanding how you came to the conclusion mykonian is considering Boon as certainly town. Everyone else seems to get it so I think it's just me. Can you run me through that?

I do think you make a good point that the leading wagons being Taly vs Metal and then IL vs Metal suggest Metal scum. What would a metal scumflip do to your mykonian read?

I dislike Boon's vote on tool. You could comb through anyone's ISO, quote a few posts, bullshit a few reasons, and slap a vote on. Plus, tool is one of my strongest townreads.

In post 1524, Boonskiies wrote:Also, I disagree with Mykonian being suspicious for saying not to lynch me. If anyone is pushing my lynch it is OBVIscum driven as absolutely no association flips will be told by me dying. It is only Day 2. I am a Day 4+ lynch kind of person; mykonian has some experience with me.

So basically we should reward you for lurking by letting you live to Day 4? If you're scum that's a pretty dangerous strategy. I also don't like how you are subtly pushing your own lynch back but not completely opposing it so others don't question it.

Also, why is your read on metal dependent on tool's flip? What's the connection there?

In post 1546, Aquanim wrote:Thank you for confirming that from your perspective you claim to have Boonskiies as a hard town read, though. That makes this a fair bit easier.

Welp I guess that doesn't matter now lol you were right.

I do think that mykonian calling Boon town is ridiculous and I understand the votes but I still want to lynch metal.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1576 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1512, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 1500, toolenduso wrote:
In post 1445, Metalcyanide wrote:
In post 1444, toolenduso wrote:
In post 1412, Metalcyanide wrote:Semi-crazy theory that i thought of, could you be scum. Your posts are very well thought out and read like you know a bit more than the rest of us. You wanted to kill both Odd and Taly D1 (but in fairness most of us did) and now your pushing me so 3 town pushes but are saying we need to ignore a boon lynch because it won't tell us anything. But that's just a theory

Why is it crazy (or semi-crazy) to think that Elyse could be scum?

My theory was crazy because I literally pieced the whole case together just to see reactions. Really I liked the responses from Elyse, and that's why I didn't respond to the last post from her. I was hoping more people would say something about it but not sure what I would get from people at this point so my semi-crazy theory was in fact just a crazy reaction test for Elyse.

So...why call it semi-crazy in post #1412?

So it wouldn't be fully ignored.

That makes no sense. Calling something semi-crazy doesn't make people pay attention to it. I just feel like the wording is off with that post and now you're trying to apply retroactive reasoning to it.

Which is also how I feel about Boon's case on me. Some of the points in there really look like he was going through my ISO looking for things to call scummy, as opposed to looking through it to find things indicative of my alignment.

I feel like I need a good old fashioned ISO readthrough to get my head back into this game.

I'll get to Aqua's case on mykonian next.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1577 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:33 pm

Post by toolenduso »

In post 1545, Aquanim wrote:And yet, without really noticing, you totally ruled out Boonskiies from the pool you said you were looking for scum in. I don't think you deliberately tried to defend him, beyond saying he wasn't a good lynch today on policy... it just slipped out that pursuing Boonskiies was totally off the table for you.

Well, going over what what myko said, this does make sense. I still want to look over ISOs before I make a decision on my vote, with an eye toward how eektor fits into all of this.

I also am wary of how quickly the wagon built on mykonian.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1578 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

VOTE: Aqua

Tool, bus your scum buddy aqua. Mykonian's the 2nd towniest guy here, and possibly the only with a brain considering no one else can see how he is pretty much confTown; scum is 100% on his wagon.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1579 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:32 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Aqua's pushing for a mislynch on Myko, and then he's setting it up where he can make it an 'honest' mistake, and then push a mislynch on me.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1580 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1577, toolenduso wrote:I also am wary of how quickly the wagon built on mykonian.

Quick wagons are awesome.
What you should be looking at is Myk's response to the wagon.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1581 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

I feel like town Myk would have explained his read on me, especially after being prompted.
". . . for reasons that nobody really understands at the time—and which never explain, in retrospect, what actually happened."
-Thompson.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1582 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:56 pm

Post by TheDudeAbides »

In post 1579, Boonskiies wrote:Aqua's pushing for a mislynch on Myko, and then he's setting it up where he can make it an 'honest' mistake, and then push a mislynch on me.

What gave you this impression?
-Thompson.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:03 pm

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1575, Elyse wrote:@Aqua
I'm having trouble understanding how you came to the conclusion mykonian is considering Boon as certainly town. Everyone else seems to get it so I think it's just me. Can you run me through that? ...

As you say it's a bit irrelevant now but the point was that Mykonian concluded that you, tool (or myself as an afterthought) were probably scum, even though he wasn't really scumreading any of us individually,
because
he'd eliminated everyone else (including Boonskiies).

I do think you make a good point that the leading wagons being Taly vs Metal and then IL vs Metal suggest Metal scum. What would a metal scumflip do to your mykonian read?

I'm confident Mykonian is scum regardless of the Metal flip. Metal flipping scum would merely make the remainder of the game very easy.

The more interesting question is what does a Mykonian scum flip do to my Metal read. Mykonian's actions towards Metal could be read as white-knighting a townie or defending his scumbuddy. Distinguishing the two is a difficult task I have not yet come to a satisfactory conclusion about.
We shape ourselves, one game at a time.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1584 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:08 pm

Post by Aquanim »

EBWOP: Mykonian concluded that one player in the set of {Elyse, Tool, Aqua} was scum, based on his scumreads on TDA and IL and his townreads on everyone else (a set which includes Boonskiies). The previous wording was unclear.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1585 (ISO) » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:34 pm

Post by mykonian »

I'm not quite sure how you took the last bit on your own, you aren't closely related to tool/elyse.

Also, easter! Won't have any internet in the coming days guys, sorry!
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1586 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:32 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Is anyone else interested/amused/concerned by the Echo effect of Aqua/Elyse/Tool about Boon's case? o.0

@TheDude: his behaviour towards Tally, wanting to lynch eek for reasons that look more like policy (and then backing away from this, his weirdness around metal, the fact he's been back and forth about you. I dunno, I'm not feeling like any of these *stick*?

Also, I can't see town motivation, especially for metal. I'm also struggling to get a coherent picture on your thoughts, maybe because you make a lot of short statements, and ask a lot of questions: it's an easy way for scum to gain information, without giving much. This might be paranoia, though.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1587 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:44 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Bell,

What don't you like about Myk backing away from Eek? It seems like you should be okay with that.

What do you mean by weirdness around metal?
-Thompson.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1588 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:21 am

Post by Aquanim »

In post 1586, Bellaphant wrote:Is anyone else interested/amused/concerned by the Echo effect of Aqua/Elyse/Tool about Boon's case? o.0

I'm not sure what you mean here.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1589 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:59 pm

Post by pisskop »

V/LA until Monday, April 5th
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1590 (ISO) » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:55 pm

Post by Aquanim »

I am getting a little nervous about all the people going V/LA for easter considering deadline is on Monday. In particular
@Elyse, Toolenduso, Bellaphant
: don't go V/LA until deadline without voting Mykonian first.
TheDudeAbides
TheDudeAbides
Goon
TheDudeAbides
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1591 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:20 am

Post by TheDudeAbides »

Mod: V/LA until Monday
-Thompson.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1592 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:04 am

Post by Elyse »

Deadline is Monday? I won't be available Monday but I will be able to check in until then. I still prefer a metal lynch but if it doesn't look like it's happening I will move my vote before deadline. The last thing we need is another NL.

I do implore everyone to ISO me for my metal case and see what you think because I really think he's scum and I'm afraid that all of the opposition to his lynch means I'm right. The speed of the Myko wagon is certainly frightening but Aquanim's point regarding his Boon read is very strong. I understand the reasons to lynch him but it still makes me worry a little bit.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1593 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:19 am

Post by toolenduso »

Just popping in to dodge a prod and let everybody know I'm working on ISO reads and a couple other things. I'm close to halfway done and expect to get back into this tonight or tomorrow morning.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1594 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:21 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

Metalcyanide is being prodded
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1595 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:26 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

@TheDudeAbides: This is your last available V/LA. A one day extention is being given for Easter.

Vote Count 2.05 - up to post #1593.

Mykonian[4]: Aquanim, Metalcyanide, TheDudeAbides, pisskop[L-2]
Metalcyanide[1]: Elyse
TheDudeAbides[1]: mykonian
eektor[1]: toolenduso
Aquanim[1]: Boonskiies

Not Voting[2]: Bellaphant, eektor

Mod Notes: Eektor, Mykonian, TheDudeAbides, and pisskop are V/LA.

With 10 alive, it requires 6 votes to lynch.
Day ends on Tuesday, April 7th at 7:00 PM USA Mountain Time
, or when a lynch occurs
Last edited by MonkeyMan576 on Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metalcyanide
Metalcyanide
Goon
Metalcyanide
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1596 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:57 am

Post by Metalcyanide »

Hey got the prod. I've been reading but having had much to say about anything.
Aquanim
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Aquanim
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1597 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:50 am

Post by Aquanim »

@Mod
: I'm not V/LA.
MonkeyMan576
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
MonkeyMan576
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1598 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:52 am

Post by MonkeyMan576 »

In post 1597, Aquanim wrote:
@Mod
: I'm not V/LA.

Fixed.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1599 (ISO) » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:06 pm

Post by Elyse »

Thanks for the extension mod that's helpful.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”