jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Post by jasonT1981 »

In post 449, Thor665 wrote:Nacho agree with me that your case is playstyle based.
No, he didn't sudden speed read something I saw in a preview post - that doesn't prevent him from having assessed your case though.
You are literally quoting me playstyle based attacks and acting like they are somehow not. Are you serious that comments along the lines of "he's so terrible" somehow are *not* playstyle based? Because that's what you're handing me.

If you believe any of the crap you are spewing, you're deluded. But then again your 'case' on me is pretty deluded too, so I would expect that from you. You're so hard on for my lynch you will distort anything to fit your deluded 'case'

I've quoted everything I have said on Boon, and if it took you less than 2 mins to respond, I call bullshit you even bothered to read it.

My posts against him are based on things he has done in game, most are quoted and responded to.
I never actually said he is terrible
And I challenge you to show me exactly where I said those words.
Go on, I bet you can not find them. Show me where I said he is terrible, because this is yet more bullshit you are throwing to buff your 'case'
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:01 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 185, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 181, Boonskiies wrote:Again, hi. Jason...My name is Boonskiies. I'm known to hammer my biggest town read on occasion without letting them claim in a moment's notice. Mainly when I'm town! Me OMGUS'ing is nothing.

Jesus god damn fucking christ... this guy is a fucking liability.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Post by Thor665 »

But I'm sure that quote from you was *not* based on calling him scummy for playstyle.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:03 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 195, jasonT1981 wrote:Boon is someone you do not want around late in the game, he has proven he is a liability and there is no town motive from him in anything he has said so far. Do not let him get anywhere near to an end game situation if you truely want town to win this game.

Or this. You are totally *NOT* calling him terrible here.
Totally.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:36 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 449, Thor665 wrote:Nacho agree with me that your case is playstyle based.

my internet is down and I'm posting this at a Starbucks. it might take me a bit to respond to your other post, but one thing really quick. can you tell Nacho to look through jason's ISO again, in particular these posts:

Spoiler:
In post 160, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 139, Boonskiies wrote:Alright, I get to finally legitimately town read Pie for once. I don't think she would have put me as possible town as scum. Ever.

Unvote

Are you HONESTLY and legit reading someone as town, because she thinks you are town, not scum?

jesus....

In post 142, sthar8 wrote:@jason- why did you comment on my activity, but not delta's?

A mistake, I should have. Since he had not posted, I never even took notice of him.

In post 140, pieguyn wrote:came off more like he was trying to appear like he was being logical and consider all possibilities, without actually committing to a firm stance either way or doing anything to make a hard push on anyone. the question to TH:

This is what confuses me, if I am coming off as Logical and considering all circumstances, shouldn't that show as town not scum? Scum don't need to apply logic or consider possibilities, they know who is scum. It is town that needs to be considerate of all options and be logical about them?

More later, I am just home and going to make some stew :)

In post 162, jasonT1981 wrote:Alright, the more I think about 139, the more I call bullshit.

VOTE: Boonskiies

In post 165, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 64, Boonskiies wrote:Jason, are you concluding that you are town reading someone based off of 1 post said in the first 3 pages of the game?

The Irony in this post is delightful, given you are town reading someone based on one post of them saying they think you are not scum :D

In post 170, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 166, Egg wrote:Jason, I think you are misrepping Pie's stance. But, again, I'll let him answer first.

It's not Pis stance I am questioning, it is Boonskii's read of Pi I am wary of.

In post 186, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 181, Boonskiies wrote:Again, hi. Jason...My name is Boonskiies. I'm known to hammer my biggest town read on occasion without letting them claim in a moment's notice. Mainly when I'm town! Me OMGUS'ing is nothing.

Would you have voted me, if I had not brought up I think you are scum??

If so, why had you already not voted me?

Your post about 'slipping through the cracks' seemed like you thought I was scum, but voted elsewhere. Why?

Why would you hammer your strongest town reads?

In post 222, jasonT1981 wrote:
In post 176, Boonskiies wrote:Also, as for my top scum read, it's obviously Jason. Even before he went and started being ignorant and making flawed cases. This just confirms it even more for me. He's posting things that are ridiculous towards me. Like my RVS when I was confused about why people were unvoting everything? COME ON! I'm the Boonskiies here! Look me up. I'm the craziest person out here. Like I always say...usually it's scum who isn't familiar with me who automatically pushes towards me.

VOTE: Jason

I call complete and utter bullshit on this, you made NO mention of me being scum or showed any intention to vote me until I started looking into your behaviour. The only slight post you made on it was me 'slipping through the cracks' which you have yet to follow up on as to why you felt I was slipping through the cracks, without committing to a vote until after I voted you.

Your case is jack shit bollocks and full of OMGUS. In fact, I would go as far as saying you have nothing other than I think you are scum, and therefore you are voting me.

and then get back to me? I know there's no fucking way in hell town Nacho just writes all this off as "lol playstyle", although maybe I'm being too harsh given he is not actually in this game.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 439, Thor665 wrote:You think he's actually poking anyone? I have him as active lurk.

I don't think he's legitimately pushing anyone, I think he's just asking filler questions in order to look like he trying to poke at people without actually doing so. it looks like we agree here, but are just thinking about it in different terms.

are you open to lynching sthar today?

In post 439, Thor665 wrote:He is clearly not being facetious about this - it was a choice of his team.
By extension logic, why refuse to claim town tokens? It does make a *lot* of sense to refuse to discuss tokens to protect scum token use - ergo, I submit this was a scummy action.
Also - it isn't and never was a question. I was stating a belief.

the obvious conclusion here is that his team has a mutual agreement to not discuss how they spent their tokens in *any* of their games. jason would respect this regardless of what his alignment in *this particular* game is.

which is why I think you actually using this as a reason for thinking he's scum is a load of shit

In post 439, Thor665 wrote:Second off - there isn't actually a rule that says all questions have to directly relate to tells. You ask questions to generate tells, sometimes you question tells, but you do not, by definition, question every tell you have.

OK

so my issue with this is, it doesn't look like you're actually factoring his responses to the questions you're asking into your read on him. nothing you're doing gives any indication that you have ever considered the possibility that jason is anything but scum - it feels like you're just going through the motions with all the questions you're asking and continuing to push him as scum regardless of what he answers.

the fact that none of the questions you asked had anything to do with your original reason for scum reading him supports this. it doesn't feel like you're doing anything to actually confirm or deny your read on him here. I agree asking questions to generate tells is a valid strategy; my issue with your play lies in the fact that you're *appearing* like you're doing this, while not doing actually so.

In post 439, Thor665 wrote:Like what...specifically?
Just the above? Or something else?

most of your posts, really

this is your stated reasoning for jason being scum:

It's a few little things, really, but the concise description would be; overaware RVS, paired with lack of hunting, paired with sudden push on whom I perceive as the weakest player available to push in the game, paired with no actual argument for that case beyond playstyle, paired with the token thing.

most of the questions you're asking him are in response to posts he made, but they don't have anything to do with your reasoning here for him being scum. taking the questions from your recent posts, you're asking him about whether he believes RVS, who he thinks the weakest player in the game is, pushing him for not answering how they used their tokens, why he thinks you should be looking at alternate options besides him, etc. (the post I quoted was only one example of this.)

I don't really have a problem with this. what I have a problem with is the fact that you have not asked him anything along the lines of:

- "why is Boon doing *insert action here* scummy, as opposed to playstyle?" (re: Boon case being playstyle - what you're doing is just assuming he's scum for pushing something you think is playstyle, without making any effort to understand what his thought process behind it is)
- "who are your other scum reads besides me?" (re: you not thinking he's scum hunting)

it's as I said. you're asking him a lot of things about minor points, but you are completely failing at engaging with him over the major, relevant points that have primarily been making you think he was scum this whole time. this is why I think you're just asking questions in order to look busy here.

the other problem I have is that, as I said before, I don't really see you taking in his answers and reevaluating. I have, to this point, seen absolutely 0 indication that you have seen anything he's said and thought he was less likely to be scum as a result of it. this isn't particularly scummy, but it is consistent with what I usually expect scum to do when attempting to outargue someone.

I think that addresses most of the points. if I missed something in particular you wanted me to answer let me know
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 369, Thor665 wrote:Eh, let's see what Jason flips and then we can debate that. Nacho agrees with you though, so, meh.

I also don't buy that, if your strategy here was to sort him via pushing on him, that you'd make a post like this when you did. you pretty obviously are convinced he's scum at this point, while as I was saying in the last paragraph of the last post still haven't directly engaged him over what makes you think he's scum. this is why I don't think you're actually trying to sort him here
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

i don't know why people think jason's posts on this/the previous page come from scum

i don't know why people think Thor cherry picking 2 posts where jason calls Boon terrible, while ignoring posts like / and which have nothing to do with playstyle, comes from town
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:37 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Agh, pie...I really don't want to read your posts...I'll put some time away tomorrow to read the last page.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:00 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 458, Boonskiies wrote:Agh, pie...I really don't want to read your posts...I'll put some time away tomorrow to read the last page.

:>

2 down, 10 to go
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:13 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In post 327, Thor665 wrote:I oppose the Egg push, the logic of 'he's avoiding scumhunting' by asking sthar8 for his thoughts is...well, that's actually the definition of scumhunting, methinks.
Can you read in English? Egg never asked me for thoughts. He just announced that I was scum.

In post 390, Fenchurch wrote:pieguyn, sthar, Micc - please check in when you can. You've each made around 10 posts or fewer, we need to hear more from you.

Spring break here, so I'm spending more time with the kiddos. Plus I just finished cleaning out the nightmare house, and we moved a literal ton of garbage so I've been tuckered. You're not getting more than a digest post per day from me, but I'm doing my best to make that count.
In post 406, SleepyKrew wrote:oh
my
god

Becky

In post 427, pieguyn wrote:usually when town posts smth like this it's in response to being constantly pushed for what they perceive as bad arguments, and not a first-instinct snap-reaction in response

:roll: That's nonsensical. If egg had pushed me more or pressured me or done literally anything in the way of trying to figure me out, it WOULD NOT indicate that he was grasping to fit his evidence to his case, given that the evidence
was 'you didn't justify your page 6 town read at midnight in your first game-relevant post.'

In post 427, pieguyn wrote:the alternative here is that he's town and somehow believes he's that much of a special snowflake that Egg (someone he claims has never played with him before) would actually be scared enough of him to not be able to handle a few posts where sthar pressures him.

Oooh dismissive strawman. You can take that shit right back to wherever you bought it. Actually, it is just good scumplay to foster apathy and inactivity in the town. By attacking my immediate entrance into the game and painting my attempts to figure people out as scummy, Egg puts me on the defensive. I'll have trouble engaging if I'm spending time defending my first impressions, it makes getting into the game an uphill battle, and since I wind up spending time not generating game content it might make me into a viable mislynch.

In post 430, Micc wrote:Sthar is voting Egg. Id like to see that explained sooner rather than later.

jfc why don't you try reading my posts

I find it interesting that pie is willing to collaborate with what is ostensibly her biggest scumread to try lynching me. Also that I jumped into her suspicions after pushing egg while her case seems to be 'don't like the case on egg.'

I would lynch in {egg, pie, maybe delta} today. I am willing to admit that my delta read might be severely biased. I might outsource my thor read. I'm not comfortable lynching boon at all. Townreads currently are {fen, STD, Trojan, boon}

Only mildly game-relevant:

Those of you making the 'active lurking' argument can just go fuck yourselves. I told the mod I'd be v/la until the 31st, I'm exceptionally busy in meatworld, and I think I'm allowed to spend time with the kids on a holiday weekend. Despite all of that and still not having a place to live, I'm keeping up with the thread and adding content. And we still have plenty of time till the deadline and I'm not getting prodded. So if you can't content yourself with an actual wall every day, please choose from the following:
1) write me a check for some amount that will allow me to live comfortably while ignoring my other obligations so I can entertain you
2) take up a hobby, like maybe sterilizing yourself with a hammer
3) read my posts one sentence at a time, so you can pretend i'm spamming.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 460, sthar8 wrote::roll: That's nonsensical. If egg had pushed me more or pressured me or done literally anything in the way of trying to figure me out, it WOULD NOT indicate that he was grasping to fit his evidence to his case, given that the evidence
was 'you didn't justify your page 6 town read at midnight in your first game-relevant post.'

so tell me this:

you make a post giving some initial thoughts, not elaborating in detail because you were busy/wanted to sleep. Egg notices you not elaborating on any of your reads, and draws a conclusion from it (that you were just going with the flow instead of scum hunting).

what exactly is wrong here? you were saying this angle is disingenuous and that he was coming to a "hasty conclusion". so, for what reason does town-Egg have to necessarily draw a different conclusion from it?

it's a player noticing someone not giving any thoughts on the game and thinking there was something off about it. there is nothing wrong here. your angle essentially amounted to Egg being scum because he came out the gate pushing you immediately instead of giving you space. and yes, you're claiming it's because of your real-life situation - but there is no reason town-Egg would even be aware of that, let alone keep it in mind when pushing you if it was aware of it - if someone thinks someone is scum, they don't have any reason to hold back over it.

on top of that, this is all entirely discounting the fact that what you're saying isn't actually what Egg's case on you was. Egg's "evidence" was more than just you not explaining reads - it was based around the stances you took in general and the questions you asked.

I'm rereading the interactions between you two in detail atm to make sure I'm not missing something here, and nothing I'm finding is changing my opinion. I can break it down in depth sometime later if you want, but in short, your push here comes off misguided at best and completely contrived at worst.

In post 460, sthar8 wrote:Oooh dismissive strawman. You can take that shit right back to wherever you bought it. Actually, it is just good scumplay to foster apathy and inactivity in the town. By attacking my immediate entrance into the game and painting my attempts to figure people out as scummy, Egg puts me on the defensive. I'll have trouble engaging if I'm spending time defending my first impressions, it makes getting into the game an uphill battle, and since I wind up spending time not generating game content it might make me into a viable mislynch.

this at least makes some sense, but I don't find it compelling because it's not the type of thing I'd ever do as scum. the obvious counter to it is to not bother wasting all your time responding to said accusations and continue scum hunting normally without regard to their read on you.

I still think the tone of your post read more like scum posturing (although I can't exactly expect you to defend this, so meh). I'm also wondering why your instinct here was to call this a strongman - what do you think me-scum has to gain by strawman'ing you here when it'd be obvious the angle I'm pushing is wrong after you explained it? the more likely scenario is that I misinterpreted your post, regardless of alignment.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:24 pm

Post by pieguyn »

also I'm wondering why you're pushing this:

In post 175, sthar8 wrote:It was super hedgy. I came out of it with no clear feeling how much you suspect jason. And outsourcing reads to people outside the thread seems valuable to scum.

as a reason for me being scum, while later saying you might outsource your Thor read.

if you have the time, I'd also appreciate gun-to-the-head reads on jason and Thor (yes, you said you might defer it to someone else, but I'm interested in what *you* specifically are thinking here).
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:27 pm

Post by pieguyn »

oh, and re: this:

In post 460, sthar8 wrote:I find it interesting that pie is willing to collaborate with what is ostensibly her biggest scumread to try lynching me. Also that I jumped into her suspicions after pushing egg while her case seems to be 'don't like the case on egg.'

hint: that's not what I'm trying to do there. I posted it for a different reason but I can't explain it at this point. try to think about alternate motivations for asking someone their read on a player.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:15 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 457, pieguyn wrote:while ignoring posts like / and which have nothing to do with playstyle, comes from town

Do you agree with jason that Boon seems scummy for the reasons given in these posts? Presumably not, because you had Boon as town shortly after that in #104.

So if you don't think these posts really indicate Boon scum, then we're in pretty much the same place.

Maybe the difference is that I do think they are particularly easy posts for scum to pick up on and criticise, that Boon's erratic posting style is exactly the kind that would draw attention from scum trying to fabricate a case on someone.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:28 am

Post by Fenchurch »

Re: the refusal to discuss tokens - I've been hesitant to see this as a tell either way, because if they chose to grab scum tokens, I couldn't understand why they wouldn't just lie and say something different. Although it's possible that they think a lie would be unconvincing, because of what is known about their individual metas, or predictions about team behaviour...

My team-mate CES does think it might be a tell against jason. He points out that jason won the Mini Normal last year as scum, and may have been tempted to go for the same again. Especially if his team are aiming to win Team Mafia overall - winning as scum puts you in a better position than winning as town, because you share the win with fewer other players.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:32 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 464, Fenchurch wrote:Do you agree with jason that Boon seems scummy for the reasons given in these posts? Presumably not, because you had Boon as town shortly after that in #104.

I look sideways at Boon's jason vote every time I see it. I don't like the fact that he waited until he was prompted for a scum read to act on it; it felt like he was coming up with it after the fact. however, I'm not sure in his case this is necessarily coming from scum - if I squint, I could see it coming from town who just wasn't thinking about it, especially for someone like Boon who's generally plays in an erratic way.

I thought Boon's explanation for his town read on me was fine enough, but I don't have a problem with jason calling him out on it. it essentially amounts to whether you believe Boon's reasoning or not.

(also 104 was before that series of posts; Boon voting jason in the way he did knocked him back down to null and I haven't read him either way since then)
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:40 am

Post by pieguyn »

also I realized I forgot to respond to this

In post 432, Fenchurch wrote:I don't see my name here, even though I've been pushing a jason-lynch for a while now. Is that because you don't think I'm scum because of it, or did you just miss me off the list?

I haven't had a problem with your push on him, plus I think you're town for other reasons. (iirc I left TH off the list as well for the same reason.) I'd go back and look through it again if jason ends up flipping town at some point and most of the other people pushing jason end up flipping town/otherwise having reason to think they were town later.

In post 432, Fenchurch wrote:I hope you'll understand if I don't put too much faith in notsci, as this was my last experience of him town-reading Mala.

Personally, I find Mala's play kinda wishy-washy, and that's why she's still in my possible-scum pile. I don't see that she's taken a strong stance on anyone yet or made especially incisive observations.

that's basically where I'm at with Mala as well

notsci and Mala are BFFs outside of mafia and that game was over a year ago, so I have a bit more faith in his ability to catch her. I'm not ruling her out as scum bc of it, just saying I'd rather lynch elsewhere for the time being unless I have compelling reason not to
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:49 am

Post by pieguyn »

also I don't think jason actually ignored Boon pointing out town games where he self-meta'd. that was (I think?) and I don't see him pushing this after that post. I'm not sure him not doing as much to further the Boon case is indicative either - to be fair, he's been occupied with this whole shitstorm with Thor and he did have one post () directed towards Boon.

might go through and explain in detail what I find town about him later, when it's not 4 AM
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:27 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 468, pieguyn wrote:that was 262

looking back it there was one post where jason keeps pushing the self-meta angle after this, but meh. he probably just didn't read much into it
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:25 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

In post 459, pieguyn wrote:
In post 458, Boonskiies wrote:Agh, pie...I really don't want to read your posts...I'll put some time away tomorrow to read the last page.

:>

2 down, 10 to go

If this is a count of "people swayed to join pie on the Thor bandwagon", it may be 3 down, 9 to go soon. My teammates are leaning scum on Thor.

Another reread coming...
Trojan Horse
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Trojan Horse
Oldest Trick in the Book
Oldest Trick in the Book

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:17 am

Post by Trojan Horse »

Let's try this:

Thor, let's say Jason got mod-confirmed as town, for some reason. Who would be your next scum candidate, and why?
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:52 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

Lying about tokens would require the entire team to either lie or keep their mouth shut. Before I even knew alignment I didn't want to say anything about our tokens.

I kind of hate this argument.

Especially since

Someone on the team has a higher chance of using scum tokens (which, may I remind you, doesn't guarantee scum)

In post 409, Thor665 wrote:Refusing to discuss it tends to strongly suggest that at least one of you went scum though.

became:

In post 381, Thor665 wrote:paired with the token thing.

part of the reason Jason is scum

The odds that Jason's team is not talking about token use because Jason used tokens to get scum and because of it Jason actually rolled scum...actually not that high.

sthar8
: I'm not trying to be critical but is there something else to your pie read than her attacks on you?

Deltawave
: At some point I thought at least one of {Deltawave, Thor} was scum which was perhaps somewhat biased. I'm not sure where I currently stand on DeltaWave. All the stuff about me is useless to me so I would love to hear more about things like:

In post 268, DeltaWave wrote:Scumpool - Boon, STD, Pie

Why pie and is this still true

Who else do you think is scum

What your opinion on Jason is since you seem to have none

Boonskiies
: his entire line of questioning for and kind of looks like scum trying to push the lynch on me further with a crap argument especially considering it came after he was reminded of my list

Spoiler: Ninja Mafia

Xiao Long - null
Varsoon - town. I like how he's playing, even if I did feel a little tunneled.

Goblin - he's just hot headed townie.

Drake Crusader - null
Konowa - This could be the 3rd scum. I felt a little buddy-buddy with him and Thor; didn't scum read until Thor flipped goon.
Boonskiies - super town.
Zebulin - I think he's town. He hasn't been posting much, and I agree that I looked easily scummy, and for him to go on me was a super town move.

acryon - scum. He isn't voting me because he thinks I'm scum. I don't see a possibility where he is town. I get why town would vote me, but this isn't coming from a town perspective.
orcinus_theoriginal - town for now, but the explanation I said earlier could come back up.

BlueBloodedToffee - super town. listen to this guy.

gamsimbre - null

Here's a game with 5 townreads (6 if you include himself :P)

Guess 6 really is the magic number

jason
: I seem to recall saying I would try to justify my town read

: The questions he ask seem legit
: His response to thor's attack seems genuine like "okay w/e dude." I think it would be difficult as scum to justify a case on SK ignoring the thing he's currently being pushed for by someone I think that's more of a town mindset. I agreed with his point on Micc.
: I don't remember if I mentioned this or not It's interesting to note that SK deserves a vote while Delta a prodding though I think he called SK out a little more.
: I suppose this is null, this is probably how a scum should treat an early wagon against them to appear town and make it less legit but it could be town actually not bothered by the wagon against them
: While I'm not sure I would follow onto his initial push onto boon, dismissing the case as 'creative fluff' is odd. The response seems genuine.

I guess there's a lot of gut

I also disagree with pretty much every point of the case against jason I've seen brought up. I don't think RVS was telling, I don't think his attack on Boonskiies looks like trying to hose a village idiot, I don't think the tokens mean anything they're really distracting and easy to attack.

Trojan Horse
:
Every post just seems to bother me :/

Thor
:
In post 380, Save The Dragons wrote:Ceph would like to know if ffery is reading this game.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:13 am

Post by Egg »

Boon, I realize this is from 4 RL days ago, but Cheet wanted to know why you wouldn't repeat something that worked in The Burning?

Sthar, I'm satisfied with your response to my case as long as I see in this read that you followed up on everything you brought up in your original post.

Based on Page 10, I think at least one of Boon/Jason is scum. I don't like how Boon came in all "lol I'm so bad" and Jason seems to have made up his mind far too early that Boon is obvscum. I could see it being a bus. But at the very least, one of these guys is scum.

I like Trojan for town (still on Page 10), but I realize it may be that old bias about agreeing with what he says.

Fenchurch, I'm not positive, but I think Tier and Cheet know Boon just as well as I do, if not better. I've played in three games with him and was NK'd early in both Masquarade and Pokémon, so I'm mostly working with meta from Joss Whedon where he coasted (to an extent) as a town power role. Actually, he may not have even replaced in to Pokémon until I was already dead now that I think about it. But yeah, you asked for my read on Boon. I think that's answered in this post.

Mala, what is your overall read on Boon? You mentioned that you are taking the self meta as null, but what about everything else?

lol Boon's Page 11 is so baaaad.

Delta, who do you mean when you say "TJ"? Is that Trojan? Can you go into more detail on why STD is scum? You mention him a lot in your big post, but I don't actually see any specific points and you say you're just as willing to vote him as you are to vote Boon. I'd like to know why.

Hmm. Most of STD's reads are the exact opposite of mine. Can you explain your reads on Trojan, Fenchurch, and myself as well as your lack of read on Boon and Jason? Nothing in Trojan's posts feels scummy to me. I still have a gut scum read on Fenchurch and no clue why and would love to know why you have a town read. People tend to read me based on my activity and I haven't done jack shit this game, so why am I town? Also, your Thor read is based on his playstyle/personality. Your difficulty explaining your Sleepykrew read is disturbing too.

I only made it through Page 12. I'm gonna try to get back to this tonight, but it might be a long shot. I'm about to stop by work on my day off, go to my son's doctor appointment, and play poker. If I get any time for this tonight, it will be after all of that and that assumes my fiancé is busy or sleeping or in a good enough mood to leave me to this. I'll keep checking in though so I can probably answer any questions on this post.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 473, Egg wrote:Hmm. Most of STD's reads are the exact opposite of mine. Can you explain your reads on Trojan, Fenchurch, and myself as well as your lack of read on Boon and Jason? Nothing in Trojan's posts feels scummy to me. I still have a gut scum read on Fenchurch and no clue why and would love to know why you have a town read. People tend to read me based on my activity and I haven't done jack shit this game, so why am I town? Also, your Thor read is based on his playstyle/personality. Your difficulty explaining your Sleepykrew read is disturbing too.

Trojan has made some posts that have made me feel icky and I've called out some of them

In post 196, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 105, Trojan Horse wrote:I figured if he is scum, we'd have a hard time figuring it out unless we pressure him right away. Maybe he didn't need so much pressure after all.

I'm trying to find the words to justify why it bothers me, I guess the closest I can come up with is: if you really think his scumplay is laudable, why would he be so easy to catch?

I don't want to lynch him based off of some icky posts and my read of him has gone more towards null but even so I'm not confident I feel like some of his reads are genuine.

Fenchurch I think mostly because I could either agree or at least suspect where her reads came from. That read is wavering as I consider that she's done a lot of things that seem to be for show, i.e. the random die roll discussion and tossing the vote list. I would probably consider her more null at this point but still leaning town.

Egg I disagreed with your conclusion but I thought your push on sthar seemed genuine, like you were actually pushing a scumread. I'm also assuming that you'll do more later in this game and I'll be able to adjust my read based on that but based on what you'd done so far I read town.

I was too distracted in game and out and hadn't really given time to Jason and Boon's argument so I put them at null. Having looked at them now I would put Jason as town and Boon at scum.

My thor read is not based off of playstyle. I think his attack on me is forced, I think that he's intentionally asking questions and mincing words to prolong useless discussion and overdramaticize things that aren't scummy. I think he's made no attempt to ascertain my alignment; he's arguing for show.

SK is literally him not feeling as he did in Cave Story. It's bad but he just feels town, and his insistence that he shouldn't be town read at this point actually makes me think he's town more.

Return to “Team Mafia 2015”